Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401365 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2019
Awesomemama:

We battled the same thing for almost 2 weeks now
But he's better now, d vomiting part is frustrating.
We were giving antibiotics and piriton to suppress the cough.
We also treated malaria.
Please take him to the hospital
ok I would do just dat

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 11:20am On Jun 20, 2019
HELLO MUMS..PLS HELP ME..MY DD WILL BE 7MONTHS THIS MONTH END ...

SINCE 2DAYS NOW SHE STOOLS KINDA WATERY PLUS TWICE A DAY WHICH IS UNLIKE HER...

PRIOR TO NOW SHE POOPS JUST ONCE A DAY WHICH IS USUALLY SOMEHOW THICK..

SHE FEEDS PAP...CEREAL..BREASTMILK..I HOPE ITS NOT DIARRHEA...OR IS IT TEETHING?

HER TEMPERATURE IS FINE..

THANKS
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hello mommas, this is what I've been facing with my DD for over two months now. It started like normal diaper rash and has refused everything I've tried. I've taken her to the hospital twice and she was given medication, it didn't work. Ive used sudocream, baby tribotan, scent leave, abf, mycoten and clotriderm. I don't know what else to do. I need HELP!. If I try to air her bum, she scratches it till it bleeds and it breaks my heart to see her like that. Please mommas help me! cry cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
This is a serious infection.

How old is she?

Pls, no diapers or pant.

So sorry for her.

The rashes look red and swollen with angry face.

Can you take her for swab test?

They will use cotton wool and clean up the place then test it.

Thats the only way u may know what this is.

Feel for u 2.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamatwiny(f): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:
Hello mommas, this is what I've been facing with my DD for over two months now. It started like normal diaper rash and has refused everything I've tried. I've taken her to the hospital twice and she was given medication, it didn't work. Ive used sudocream, baby tribotan, scent leave, abf, mycoten and clotriderm. I don't know what else to do. I need HELP!. If I try to air her bum, she scratches it till it bleeds and it breaks my heart to see her like that. Please mommas help me! cry cry
Chai. I can feel your pains.
I can relate cos it happened to my baby on the folds of his thighs. He also did scratch till blood came out if you try to air his bombom.

No 1- Be sure she is wearing the right size of pampers and it is not too tight.

We made sure to add a small detol ( even if it is that ghana dettol sold for N200) during his bath, also changed his soap to tetmosol baby or any antiseptic baby soap. we also rubbed baby tribotan at each nappy change and also removed the pampers as at when due. At a time, I was scared that I was abusing the tribotan as we had used more than 3 tubes. You can also give her vit c to boost her immunity and aid the healing process.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iwuoahsamuels: 1:25pm On Jun 20, 2019
Giddyperson:

Just buy a sippy cup, buy a good one with straw like the one in the picture, they are easier to drink from instead of all those ones you have to bend or pull and squeeze. At one, he should be able to eat what you eat, with less pepper. Try amala with ogbono, ripe plantain porridge, unripe plantain porridge, yam or potato porridge, rice, beans, moimoi, fried overripe plantain with egg saice. Still mash most of his food a bit or make them as soft as possible, it makes feeding easier. Try everything and stick to the ones he likes. Feed him with plate and spoon.

pls who knows who sells this cup o? the creche minder say my son is fighting for others own, meanwhile i bought more expensive ones for him....chaii..biko who is selling?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hi moms
So your baby is on his way to 6m or even 6m already.
I'm sure you're full of high hopes of him accepting adult food.
Here is a list of some of the utensils you may want to get for him.

1. A Sippy cup .
Once cereals or adult food is introduced, your baby needs to drink lots of water to avoid constipation. The best way to get baby accustomed to drinking water is to introduce sippy cups.
What makes our sippy cup the best choice for your baby?
-the handles make it easy to hold.
-the spout is soft and chewy for teething gums.
-it has an extra valve that ensures no spill. This means you can carry it everywhere you go.
-it has a lid which protects against perching insects and other contaminants.
-this brand has a spout that I have noticed requires the jaw muscles to suck the water out. It might look too big but trust me (Akorede has been using hers for 3m now) it is very good for their jaw.

2. Food masher.
I actually prefer mashing to puree because it gives texture which is the essence of introducing adult meals plus its manual so it doesn't need electricity or battery.
Mash bananas and softened dates for pap. You can also mash solid adult food like yam, rice, spaghetti, sausages, chicken, meat, eggs, steamed fruits like carrots, apples and pears.
Yesterday, Akorede ate spaghetti and sausages! It was interesting to watch her swallow with ease.
Also it gives you a certain assurance to know that no one would be chewing meat/chicken in their mouth before chooking it in your child's mouth lipsrsealed

3. Food bowl
Our food bowl is different from your regular bowl. It comes with a lid that makes it easy to keep left over food for warming later. It also has an anti slip which makes it stick to a spot while feeding your child and cannot be easily swiped by flaying hands. It also comes with a spoon.

4. Silicon spoons differ from your regular spoons, they are gentle on the gum and upper palate. The spoons are also small sized to fit the tiniest mouth.
Another set of spoons we have are color changing codes on them so you can know if it's too hot for baby without sticking your tongue in it.

5. Bibs.
Cotton bibs won't work anymore cos some food stains will never wash off and it'll ruin the bib that more of your kids could actually use.
Instead invest in plastic and nylon bibs.
Our plastic bib is peculiar for 2 main reasons.
-it's plastic which means easy to clean, doesn't stain and lasts forever.
-it has crumb catchers which means less picking of food off the floor and when your baby spits the one in his mouth out, it falls right into the pocket.
Our nylon bib as all the following plus its easy to fold and carry with you everywhere you go.
Yes, I took our plastic bib to a party and yes, Akorede enjoyed the amala and ewedu at the party!
Go a step further with our nylon aprons which are perfect for the child that can stand or begun to feed himself. Covers to the knee.

6. Portion cups.
Of 2 types.
-The stacking one is perfect to portion the dry cereals in. Measure the dry cereal and milk together and you're good to go. You don't need to carry the whole tin with you and the cups save space.
-The milk portion cup is great to portion milk for your child taking pap or any other wet cereal. That way you can measure the desired amount of milk before hand.

7. For babies not up to 6m old, there is the silicon bottle spoon that is great to introduce spooning to babies.

8. The finger toothbrush. Since your baby is now eating adult food, it would be wise to gently clean his guns and tongue with the silicon finger brush

6 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:

OMG ..I'M SO SORRY MOMMA IT MUST REALLY BREAK YOUR HEART...

SOMEONE SAID SWAP TEST..I THINK YOU SHOULD DO THAT..SO THEY KNOW IF ITS AN INFECTION AND GIVE THE RIGHT MEDICATION..2MONTHS IS A LONG TIME...CHAI SORRY LITTLE ONE..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:

Baby might be reacting to diapers.
-Change her diapers.
- do your diaper change more often.
-upgrade to adult tribotan, it works faster but you need to reduce the number of days.
-air her bum at night when she's asleep.

I can imagine her pain embarassed

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
zaynie:

-Change her diapers.
-upgrade to adult tribotan, it works faster but you need to reduce the number of days.

can whitfield ointment be used too?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:
Calm down mummy, it'll be fine. Same happened to my daughter when she was 6m but in her bum bum area, very reddish and peeled, the cause was excess pooing/vomiting.
We were given clotrimazole dusting powder(no is not pepperish like normal dusting powder cos I've used it), was told to air her bumbum(cleaning off mess and always removing her hands so she won't scratch it which is the main work), change the diaper products and always change her diaper.
kiss kiss kiss to her, she'll be fine.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:
So sorry, at this point id try to avoid diapers totally until it heals, maybe try pants instead. Go easy on the products you've already tried so much, maybe try the powder that someone recommended, that should keep her comfortable.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithaola(f): 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
ladyP30:
Good day to all the divine mothers here. Pls come to my aid my son of 7 months has refused to eat oh, from pap,friso rice,cerelac,nutribom,even our normal food,is only breast he like sucking nd that alone can't hold him.pls what can I do he is sliming down he is not sick oh he is only teething. thanks

Teething is not only dearie. Its a discomforting phase for them and it can make them reject food. My essence was only sucking during hers coz she couldn't retain anything. So please, breastfeed him often and give him enough water to keep him hydrated. Its well with you bobo.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NIFES(f): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:

As someone already suggested, let them run a test to rule out any form of infection and once that is confirmed;

Please stop applying medications as the skin in the area looks too sensitive as it is,
Do away with any form of diaper for now and get her loose pants that you change at each peeing/pooing,
Always wash the area with lukewarm water only without any soap and gently pat-dry the bum after each wash,
No use of sponge in the area for now,
If redness gets too much, lightly apply blue seal Vaseline (not too often though),

In short, let the area breathe

But if lab test confirms infection, then oral antibiotics may be required alongside the above routine.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithaola(f): 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jessie21:
Good morning � here.....I noticed that my ds always cross his legs when sitting,my mom noticed it to and said I should I've told her the very day I noticed it so I was like what does it mean, then she said that the leg of a fish and that's the reason why he hasn't walked... She went ahead and advised me to use turning stick to always separate the leg whenever he crosses it... My question is has anybody heard this? What did you do?My baby is a year and 2weeks old.

The part of turning stick made me laugh so loud. Your Mum is another version of my mum. Dear, trust all is well with your baby. She'll walk when she's ready, but that's not to say you should ignore her advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumIbeji(f): 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:
This happened to my daughter too for about 2months,.
Cacatin and rising raving powder came to my rescue.
I also made sure i air her bum when we are home,she only wear diaper to sleep at night.
And If we are out, i made sure to change her diaper as soon as it is wet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
mamatwiny:

Chai. I can feel your pains.
I can relate cos it happened to my baby on the folds of his thighs. He also did scratch till blood came out if you try to air his bombom.

No 1- Be sure she is wearing the right size of pampers and it is not too tight.

We made sure to add a small detol ( even if it is that ghana dettol sold for N200) during his bath, also changed his soap to tetmosol baby or any antiseptic baby soap. we also rubbed baby tribotan at each nappy change and also removed the pampers as at when due. At a time, I was scared that I was abusing the tribotan as we had used more than 3 tubes. You can also give her vit c to boost her immunity and aid the healing process.

thanks momma, she wears a size 4. I changed from molfix to papers when I thought diaper was the cause. I already use savlon for her bath water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
Thank you momma. I'll try the powder. God bless you ma.
(
MumIbeji:

This happened to my daughter too for about 2months,.
Cacatin and rising raving powder came to my rescue.
I also made sure i air her bum when we are home,she only wear diaper to sleep at night.
And If we are out, i made sure to change her diaper as soon as it is wet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2019
Thanks momma. I have stopped applying any form of medication for a while now since they were causing her blisters. I'll try with the diapers at home because she goes to creche and has to be on diapers. The doctor already gave her antibiotics and anti allergic drugs, they did nothi g for her. I'll try all you have said.
Thank you
NIFES:

As someone already suggested, let them run a test to rule out any form of infection and once that is confirmed;

Please stop applying medications as the skin in the area looks too sensitive as it is,
Do away with any form of diaper for now and get her loose pants that you change at each peeing/pooing,
Always wash the area with lukewarm water only without any soap and gently pat-dry the bum after each wash,
No use of sponge in the area for now,
If redness gets too much, lightly apply blue seal Vaseline (not too often though),

In short, let the area breathe

But if lab test confirms infection, then oral antibiotics may be required alongside the above routine.

All the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 7:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
Thanks momma.
Giddyperson:

So sorry, at this point id try to avoid diapers totally until it heals, maybe try pants instead. Go easy on the products you've already tried so much, maybe try the powder that someone recommended, that should keep her comfortable.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 7:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
Thank you ma. She's 8 months old. I've been to the hospital twice and was given antibiotics, but they didn't do a swab test. I'll go again tomorrow and request for one.
sassysure:
This is a serious infection.

How old is she?

Pls, no diapers or pant.

So sorry for her.

The rashes look red and swollen with angry face.

Can you take her for swab test?

They will use cotton wool and clean up the place then test it.

Thats the only way u may know what this is.

Feel for u 2.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
Thanks momma. I'll look for the powder tomorrow.
FloraEC:

Calm down mummy, it'll be fine. Same happened to my daughter when she was 6m but in her bum bum area, very reddish and peeled, the cause was excess pooing/vomiting.
We were given clotrimazole dusting powder(no is not pepperish like normal dusting powder cos I've used it), was told to air her bumbum(cleaning off mess and always removing her hands so she won't scratch it which is the main work), change the diaper products and always change her diaper.
kiss kiss kiss to her, she'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:
Thank you ma. She's 8 months old. I've been to the hospital twice and was given antibiotics, but they didn't do a swab test. I'll go again tomorrow and request for one.
She will be ok.

Insist on the swab test. Thats the only way to know what the problem is

Our hospitals are very at guess work.

U bring a child to hospital and they will start doing guess work with your child.
How can you give antibiotics without tests?
Where I stay, all antibiotics are strictly under prescription.
U will never get them over the counter and without dr's prescription, none for you.
All the best.

Do urine test too.
Infact, a good Dr knows what to look out for
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2019
Thanks momma. I changed her diaper from molfix to pampers. I change her diapers as soon as I notice it's wet. I'll start airing her bum at night, hopefully she doesn't scratch.
zaynie:

-Change her diapers.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 7:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
Thank you momma.
sassysure:

She will be ok.

Insist on the swab test. Thats the only way to know what the problem is

Our hospitals are very at guess work.

U bring a child to hospital and they will start doing guess work with your child.
How can you give antibiotics without tests?
Where I stay, all antibiotics are strictly under prescription.
U will never get them over the counter and without dr's prescription, none for you.
All the best.

Do urine test too.
Infact, a good Dr knows what to look out for
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gloriousheart(f): 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:
cry cry cry cry
cry cry cry I just saw the picture.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
okay thank you ma,it's just that even his dad joined the disturbance of "this boy is wasting time"Meanwhile please who has a baby walker to giveaway,I really need one please...i stay in Lagos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:
Thanks momma. I'll look for the powder tomorrow.
Take down the picture too only if you want bloggers to lift it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
iwuoahsamuels:

pls who knows who sells this cup o? the creche minder say my son is fighting for others own, meanwhile i bought more expensive ones for him....chaii..biko who is selling?
See the one Zaynie advertised beneath your post

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
Mamas thanks a lot for the patronage. Thanks alot. I really appreciate.

In case you want to go into the Vtu business still call or whatsapp me.

Still that data lady 08038436827 you get your data before payment.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:

thanks momma, she wears a size 4. I changed from molfix to papers when I thought diaper was the cause. I already use savlon for her bath water.
Stop buying please.
Vagina is a very sensitive area for an adult not to talk of new born. Go and run a test first.

It might actually be diaper allergy.

I'm allergic to menstrual pads.( funny, right? grin).
I use good old toilet roll.

My vg used to have very angry face like that and I will scratch till blood comes out. Used to think it was toilet infection. Mumsy beat the he'll out of me that I had known boys at a very young age. So hospital solved the mystery for us then cos we were all confused
It's over 15yrs now. Problem stopped as I stopped using pads cheesy

So it might be diaper and I will prefer it to be diaper allergy than any other thing.
Cool ur mind.
It will be okay

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.