Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401663 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 19CannyMum: 11:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
Anniebamba1:
Thanks momma. I have stopped applying any form of medication for a while now since they were causing her blisters. I'll try with the diapers at home because she goes to creche and has to be on diapers. The doctor already gave her antibiotics and anti allergic drugs, they did nothi g for her. I'll try all you have said.
Thank you

Please beg the creche people to take all the precautions you're taking like changing diaper often and using barrier cream. Otherwise you'll be doing one step forward two steps backwards.

It's looking like a yeast rash (according to this article https://www.healthline.com/health/parenting/yeast-diaper-rash), in which case that powder the mama here recommended could be appropriate as it's an antifungal.

You can also try cloth diapers already in case it's diaper allergy as suggested by another mama here.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mandysmum: 9:31am On Jun 21, 2019
Anniebamba1:
Hello mommas, this is what I've been facing with my DD for over two months now. It started like normal diaper rash and has refused everything I've tried. I've taken her to the hospital twice and she was given medication, it didn't work. Ive used sudocream, baby tribotan, scent leave, abf, mycoten and clotriderm. I don't know what else to do. I need HELP!. If I try to air her bum, she scratches it till it bleeds and it breaks my heart to see her like that. Please mommas help me! cry cry
Awww... This looks very painful. I just finished treating this for my DD last week. She was reacting to her new cereal, wheat. She first had this when she was 6/7 months, when I introduced soyabean and wheat to her. I stopped it after two weeks and used Sudocrem. It dried the area and it healed very fast. Fast forward to three weeks ago,her daddy bought another wheat n honey cereal. I thought it was safe for her cuz I was sure soyabean was the only culprit. Alas, my small madam broke out in this. The blisters were even bleeding. I stopped the cereal immediately and aired her bum for hours. I used sudocrem just like the first time and she is healed again. Check your baby's diet. She might be reacting to something like mine did. My two cents. wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2019
Good day mums n dad's.. Its about my DS ideal weight... He was born big 4.7kg but now he's about 10.4kg at 7MO(he'll be 8 next week)... I checked the chat n it said over weight n another even said obese... I'm abit worried... Dunno if u should cut down on the frequency of his food.... He eats every 3 hours asides breastmilk which he takes on demand.... N he eats mostly cereal n pap... Home made food, not so much cos of pepper so maybe 4to 5 spoons n that's it... Am I worried for nothing? Or is there something that can be done about it.... Pls do not ignore if u know.... Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iyamefa: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mamas help! My baby has started rejecting bottles, even when she’s very hungry, she will keep pushing away the bottle. she wants the milk directly from the breast every time which isn’t very convenient. I’m using Avent bottles currently. Has anyone successfully tackled this? Any suggestions as to better bottle nipples? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
mandysmum:
Awww... This looks very painful. I just finished treating this for my DD last week. She was reacting to her new cereal, wheat. She first had this when she was 6/7 months, when I introduced soyabean and wheat to her. I stopped it after two weeks and used Sudocrem. It dried the area and it healed very fast. Fast forward to three weeks ago,her daddy bought another wheat n honey cereal. I thought it was safe for her cuz I was sure soyabean was the only culprit. Alas, my small madam broke out in this. The blisters were even bleeding. I stopped the cereal immediately and aired her bum for hours. I used sudocrem just like the first time and she is healed again. Check your baby's diet. She might be reacting to something like mine did. My two cents. wink

Wow! I never thought of this! I'll really check out her diet. She takes only pap, buy I added Tom Brown some months ago. I'll stop it for now and see how it goes.
Thanks momma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thank you. I have duly informed them.

19CannyMum:

Please beg the creche people to take all the precautions you're taking like changing diaper often and using barrier cream. Otherwise you'll be doing one step forward two steps backwards.

It's looking like a yeast rash (according to this article https://www.healthline.com/health/parenting/yeast-diaper-rash), in which case that powder the mama here recommended could be appropriate as it's an antifungal.

You can also try cloth diapers already in case it's diaper allergy as suggested by another mama here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thank you ma, for the advice. I didn't think of it. I have taken it down.
FloraEC:

Take down the picture too only if you want bloggers to lift it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2019
Wow. Thank You so much ma.
sassysure:

Stop buying please.
Vagina is a very sensitive area for an adult not to talk of new born. Go and run a test first.

It might actually be diaper allergy.

I'm allergic to menstrual pads.( funny, right? grin).
I use good old toilet roll.

My vg used to have very angry face like that and I will scratch till blood comes out. Used to think it was toilet infection. Mumsy beat the he'll out of me that I had known boys at a very young age. So hospital solved the mystery for us then cos we were all confused
It's over 15yrs now. Problem stopped as I stopped using pads cheesy

So it might be diaper and I will prefer it to be diaper allergy than any other thing.
Cool ur mind.
It will be okay
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ladyP30(f): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
Anniebamba1:
Hello mommas, this is what I've been facing with my DD for over two months now. It started like normal diaper rash and has refused everything I've tried. I've taken her to the hospital twice and she was given medication, it didn't work. Ive used sudocream, baby tribotan, scent leave, abf, mycoten and clotriderm. I don't know what else to do. I need HELP!. If I try to air her bum, she scratches it till it bleeds and it breaks my heart to see her like that. Please mommas help me! cry cry
Hello ma pls if you could get liquid moju powder is sold for 200 naira you can gt it n d market were they use to sale yoruba things it will really work on her, sorry ma she wil be fine

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teewhysafe(f): 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hi Mamas,I have two questions pls i started my 6mo baby on formula recently after exclusive breastmilk. I give Aptamil, baby rice cereal and also supplementing with breast milk daily. I noticed for the past 3 weeks,her poo is constantly greenish black..

1. Is this caused by the formula,so should I stop?
2. Is it necessary to start giving teething drugs in preparation for teething? Mil is suggesting piccan but I'm skeptical about drugs. Is cough syrup even allowed for babies?

Mama pls chook mouth oh. Help a first timer abeg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mandysmum: 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
Anniebamba1:

Wow! I never thought of this! I'll really check out her diet. She takes only pap, buy I added Tom Brown some months ago. I'll stop it for now and see how it goes.
Thanks momma.
Yeah, stop the Tom Brown for now. Some Tom Brown contains soybeans, and my baby is allergic to it. She breaks out in blisters in her vagina whenever she takes anything containing soybeans. Wheat has been added to our list too. Air her bum,rub Sudocrem generously and observe for some days.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hello..pls help.
my 7monrhs DD ...I just noticed her lowed lips is kinda black.. like dark red.not pink...it wasn't there before.

I dnt know what could be the cause...she took vitamin A..on Wednesday and started soya bean same day..pls what could be the cause..or is it normal...or is she lacking water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 6:18am On Jun 22, 2019
Good day mums n dad's.. Its about my DS ideal weight... He was born big 4.7kg but now he's about 10.4kg at 7MO(he'll be 8 next week)... I checked the chat n it said over weight n another even said obese... I'm abit worried... Dunno if u should cut down on the frequency of his food.... He eats every 3 hours asides breastmilk which he takes on demand.... N he eats mostly cereal n pap... Home made food, not so much cos of pepper so maybe 4to 5 spoons n that's it... Am I worried for nothing? Or is there something that can be done about it.... Pls do not ignore if u know.... Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 6:45am On Jun 22, 2019
teewhysafe:
Hi Mamas,I have two questions pls i started my 6mo baby on formula recently after exclusive breastmilk. I give Aptamil, baby rice cereal and also supplementing with breast milk daily. I noticed for the past 3 weeks,her poo is constantly greenish black..

1. Is this caused by the formula,so should I stop?
2. Is it necessary to start giving teething drugs in preparation for teething? Mil is suggesting piccan but I'm skeptical about drugs. Is cough syrup even allowed for babies?

Mama pls chook mouth oh. Help a first timer abeg
Greenish poo is usually caused by inadequate feeding so feed her more. It can also be caused by eating vegetables or medications. Give her enough water too.
No need for teething medicine. My baby teethed without any medication.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 6:46am On Jun 22, 2019
Stmema:
your baby's weight is ok. Please mothers join ask the paedetrician on fb
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:28am On Jun 22, 2019
Stmema:
His weight is normal. My boy weighed 10kg at 6m and was born 3kg. Don't bother and feed my boy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:30am On Jun 22, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

Is not everybody that is on fbk. What happens here when everyone joins the group on fbk?

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
Dear mamas, please aside eating and sleeping what else can one do to engage a baby of ,1year?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamatwiny(f): 1:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
Stmema:
grin
You want to start keto for my boy abi? Abeg give him food jare. Obese ko, obese ni. When he starts crawling or walking , he will surely lose weight.
You can cut down on the maize used to prepare his pap. Most mums use millet, guineacorn and maize in the ratio of 2:2:1.

You can ask your paed in your next visit.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ziby: 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hello mama in d house pls come to my aid my DD is 7 mnt nw d she does not eat accept brestmilk I introduce cereal and pap ,I wat her to be eating because I will soon resume school pls wat can I do to make her eat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ebonychic18(f): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
Stmema:

calm down momma your baby is doing just fine. He isn't over weight for a baby that was born big. He actually needs as much as he can get now. By the time he starts walking and getting more active he will shed a little. Even though my 3rd baby didn't shed she's 20 months old now and weighs 21kg she weighed 4.7kg at birth but she's so active, healthy and bubbly. Also check the genes, dad, mom, grand parents are they on the big side? My 2 other babies born big, were big as toddlers but they've shed all the baby fat now with schooling etc

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kayzat: 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ziby:
Hello mama in d house pls come to my aid my DD is 7 mnt nw d she does not eat accept brestmilk I introduce cereal and pap ,I wat her to be eating because I will soon resume school pls wat can I do to make her eat

You just have to continue encouraging her and with time she will improve. my DD was like this, feeding her is always war but with time she started relaxing.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2019
FloraEC:

Is not everybody that is on fbk. What happens here when everyone joins the group on fbk?
U r right mama. Ask the paedetrician is just for medical advice. It's not the same as our group here. Our group is far different. Sorry ma. I don't mean to inconvenience anyone.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 19CannyMum: 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
Stmema:

Your baby's weight is ideal. He is around same weight percentile (97th) since birth. You should only be worried if there's a drastic change in percentile.
https://www.who.int/childgrowth/standards/cht_wfa_boys_p_0_2.pdf?ua=1
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ziby: 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
kayzat:

You just have to continue encouraging her and with time she will improve. my DD was like this, feeding her is always war but with time she started relaxing.
Tnx ma I will try
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

Thanks mama, I'm on the group already

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
FloraEC:

His weight is normal. My boy weighed 10kg at 6m and was born 3kg. Don't bother and feed my boy

Thanks ma... That's a relief

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
ebonychic18:

calm down momma your baby is doing just fine. He isn't over weight for a baby that was born big. He actually needs as much as he can get now. By the time he starts walking and getting more active he will shed a little. Even though my 3rd baby didn't shed she's 20 months old now and weighs 21kg she weighed 4.7kg at birth but she's so active, healthy and bubbly. Also check the genes, dad, mom, grand parents are they on the big side? My 2 other babies born big, were big as toddlers but they've shed all the baby fat now with schooling etc

Thank you ma... I appreciate your response, we are not really on the big side so I guess he'll shed it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ziby: 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
Pls mamas can I get August secret in minna
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
19CannyMum:

Your baby's weight is ideal. He is around same weight percentile (97th) since birth. You should only be worried if there's a drastic change in percentile.
https://www.who.int/childgrowth/standards/cht_wfa_boys_p_0_2.pdf?ua=1

Thanks ma'am... I appreciate your help

(1) (2) (3) ... (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.