Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4409290 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maureensylvia(f): 6:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

Mama zaynie u said it all. Me and my mom fought tire during omugwo. So when my friend was complaining about her mil I laughed tire. They are the same ọ.

I think my mine is worst, my mom likes to control my home. once our quarrel starts like this she will leave my room and go lock herself inside hubby room or kitchen ... abii e dey normal? not just that o something wey no get head go start our quarrel like I.e she likes using skineal or funbact A for baby cream when I try to explain to her the side effects she will see it that am trying to do itk next thing she will start quarreling me that she is not a barren woman ooo

abii zaynie how u see am? am scared to invite her this time around cos I will be due soon and this quarrels happens when hubby is not around

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
maureensylvia:

I think my mine is worst, my mom likes to control my home. once our quarrel starts like this she will leave my room and go lock herself inside hubby room or kitchen ... abii e dey normal? not just that o something wey no get head go start our quarrel like I.e she likes using skineal or funbact

abii zayie how u see am? am scared to invite her this time around cos I will be due soon and this quarrels happens when hubby is not around
Congratulations/easy peasy delivery in advance, the way una dy do this thing sharp sharp ehh. Tuale(I raise Beyonce hands)
Locking herself in hubz room gat me cheesy cheesy grin ��� na real drama kwin. Never mind, sabi mamas go soon come and help you out

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maureensylvia(f): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
FloraEC:

Congratulations/easy peasy delivery in advance, the way una dy do this thing sharp sharp ehh. Tuale(I raise Beyonce hands)
Locking herself in hubz room gat me cheesy cheesy grin ��� na real drama kwin. Never mind, sabi mamas go soon come and help you out

Hahahaha I know somebody go fish me out lolz that was why I was hiding from pregnancy thread Maka yabbing lolzzzz

haha my bobo wey Don pass 2yrs is due naaa lolzz

lolzzzz this gat me laughing @sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
koksy:
Hello mummies

Pls which good hospital or place can I take my baby for immunization around gwarimpa axis of Abuja.

Thanks

Federal staff hospital at gwarinpa. Immunisations are on Thursdays, go early.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
comtem2011:
Na so o, wetin person go do? we will all become MILs one day and the DILs will definitely have something to say. Our problem is the mentality everyone grew up with concerning MILs. Though some of them are pain in the neck. But, patient is what we need cos they won't stay forever.

Before, MIls stay like one year for omugwo before going back but nowadays, its just few months cos new mamas know how to care for their babies without their help self. God will help us all.

The truth is, it's not The same when dealing with MIL, you can afford to quarrel with your mum but it's not The same with MIL, you have to be careful so you don't send the wrong message.
Your mum can choose to overlook certain things even when you're wrong, but might not be the same with MIL. Not that MIL is bad o, but it's easy to forgive your child when they are wrong than a stranger that you're still trying to get to know.
It's not always the case tho
God bless mothers and MILs, e nor easy.

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2019
maureensylvia:

Hahahaha I know somebody go fish me out lolz that was why I was hiding from pregnancy thread Maka yabbing lolzzzz

haha my bobo wey Don pass 2yrs is due naaa lolzz

lolzzzz this gat me laughing @sharp sharp

Yabbing ke? Abeg is a good news, born pam and rest. Is only you and your hubby that knows how many you want.
How're my boys?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maureensylvia(f): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2019
FloraEC:

Yabbing ke? Abeg is a good news, born pam and rest. Is only you and your hubby that knows how many you want.
How're my boys?

they fine ooo giving me Wahala up and down

am planning to open a barrack soon

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ogedazzle: 12:24am On Jun 28, 2019
HOW I LOST WEIGHT AND CLEARED MY SKIN

After the experience I had in January I only wanted to detoxify my system,to boost my immunity so I went on a 30 day journey taking specific smoothies to help me in its organic raw form

Hmmm I got more than what I bargained for

My skin became clearer and brighter

Scars cleared

Early morning bad breath reduced

I lost weight I didn't plan to

My energy level increases etc

SO I HAVE PUT TOGETHER 30 RECIPES BASED ON DEMAND TO HELP YOU GET THE SAME AND MORE RESULT,WITH SPECIFIC ORGANIC GREENS AND GUESS WHAT ITS DELICIOUS!!!

ONLY 1500 NAIRA DROPS ON 4TH JULY 2019

+2347039375005 TO ORDER NO EXTRA CHARGE

NOTE : AFTER JULY 4TH PRICE GOES TO 2000
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2019
stephmiracle:

Okày dear. I will

Good morning Mama...I'll be in Onitsha today how many packs of tombrown would you want...Would have called you if I had your number
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 8:11am On Jun 28, 2019
Good morning,

Trust you & your loved ones are doing very well. I shall be selling my PAP/OGI/AKAMU/KOKO at Carlton Gate Estate, Lekki tomorrow Saturday-29/06/2019 from 12 noon.

Also notify your loved ones leaving around that axis interested in buying should call/WhatsApp 08057125055 to order.

These will be available:

1. Yellow corn & guinea corn flavoured with cloves (1kg - 700 naira)

2. Yellow corn (1 kg - 600 naira)

3. Yellow corn flavoured ginger (1kg - 700 naira)

4. Mixed grain (1kg - 600 naira)

5. Guinea corn (1kg - 600 naira)

6. Guinea corn & millet (1 kg - 600 naira)

7. Guinea corn & millet flavoured with ginger (1kg - 700 naira)

8. Mixed grain flavoured with ginger (1 kg - 700 naira)

9. White corn (1 kg - 500naira)

10. Mixed grain flavoured with banana (1kg - 800naira).

Do have a graceful day��

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Topytee: 8:57am On Jun 28, 2019
BYE BYE TO POSTPARTUM belly!!!

As new mothers, it takes time for your body, and especially your tummy, to fully recover from pregnancy. You've had your baby but you may look as if you're still six months pregnant, with a tummy that's squishier and rounder than you expected.

Imagine your tummy as a balloon, slowly inflating as your baby grows. Giving birth doesn't pop the balloon, it just starts a slow leak. The decrease in your tummy size may be slow, but it will be steady.

From the moment your baby is born, hormonal changes cause your tummy to decrease in size. It takes about four weeks for your womb (uterus) to contract to its pre-pregnancy size.

All the cells in your body that swelled during pregnancy will begin releasing their fluids in the form of urine, vaginal secretions, and sweat. And any extra fat you put on to nourish your baby will start to burn off, especially if you're breastfeeding and exercising. But it takes at least a few weeks to see noticeable results.

After giving birth you may still have a dark line down your tummy called a linea nigra, as well as a web of stretch marks.

The linea nigra is caused by pigmentation in the skin where your tummy muscles have stretched and slightly separated, to accommodate your baby as she grew. This line of pigmentation usually fades within a few months of giving birth.

Patience is the key. It took nine months for your tummy muscles to stretch to accommodate a full-term baby. So it makes sense that it can take that long, or longer, to tighten up again.

But if you are like me that feel 9 month is too much to get back your body goal then I suggest you to continue reading.

The way I have been trying lot of products is alarming, from flat tummy tea to waist belt and different type of waist trainer that promise to provide solution but all na lie lie and I can not do sit up to save myself.

Someone at my work place introduced this pant waist trainer to me, at first I was skeptical, after much pressure from her I tried it and got one for myself and since then no going back.

The good thing is that I don't have to be taking tea or wearing waist belt all the time, where is the time for exercise sef.

All I do is wear like my regular pant and I am good to go.

Infact, I tried it with one (1) piece and I started seeing serious changes after one month, I just told her to send me three (3) pieces more before she will tell me she ran out of stock.

Within 3-6 months I got my shape back. And I started telling people about it and how they can help themselves with this postpartum belly fat.

This pant waist trainer comes in different sizes ranging from small, medium and large so you don't have to worry about it been too tight and it also comes in color brown and black depending on your preference.

I got 5 pieces from her and I will be selling to those that place their order right away.

Price is #4000

I will give discount for those that buy more than one.

Delivery fee is applicable

If you are interested click on the link below to place your order. ���

https:///2347060590327

I will send A video to you that shows how it works.

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:30am On Jun 28, 2019
Awesomemama:

The truth is, it's not The same when dealing with MIL, you can afford to quarrel with your mum but it's not The same with MIL, you have to be careful so you don't send the wrong message.
Your mum can choose to overlook certain things even when you're wrong, but might not be the same with MIL. Not that MIL is bad o, but it's easy to forgive your child when they are wrong than a stranger that you're still trying to get to know.
It's not always the case tho
God bless mothers and MILs, e nor easy.
Very true. I wanted to type that yesterday but laziness made me to pause. The main point is what you mentioned here.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 10:42am On Jun 28, 2019
maureensylvia:

I think my mine is worst, my mom likes to control my home. once our quarrel starts like this she will leave my room and go lock herself inside hubby room or kitchen ... abii e dey normal? not just that o something wey no get head go start our quarrel like I.e she likes using skineal or funbact A for baby cream when I try to explain to her the side effects she will see it that am trying to do itk next thing she will start quarreling me that she is not a barren woman ooo

abii zaynie how u see am? am scared to invite her this time around cos I will be due soon and this quarrels happens when hubby is not around

I can totally relate. Now when I remember how we fought even over the most irrelevant ish I dey always laugh. We later became friends at the end. I might invite her in my next omugwo. Not because she is perfect in fact she tried because I can be quite a perfectionist. When we were fighting my mom can make the most mistakes that I was scared of leaving my baby with her but when we started getting along she became so perfect in everything. Imho, I believe everything na patience with both mom and mil.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2019
This varies depending on the type of procedure but the general things are to care for the site exactly as instructed in the hospital. If they say you can shower, shower, if the say don't bathe, do rub and shine, if they say you should come regularly for dressing obey
Also don't lift anything heavier than your baby, start walking around as soon as you can get up to aid fast healing
Take your pain meds as prescribed, if you need more please ask

All the best

luciouscookie:
How do I recover after CS ?
The dos and don'ts.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missyblissy: 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2019
luciouscookie:
The dos and don'ts.

You need to rest, do not lift any heavy thing for at least 8 weeks or more. Take plenty of fluid, fruits and vegetables to aviod constipation( this was my problem) i took everything to make my stool soft for where. Recently i discovered that garden egg makes my stool soft so that's what i take now.

Rest ooo. For me i never dey bath yet na rub shine i dey do pending when the cut heals completely. Although doc said i can start to bath weeks ago but after i removed the plaster and saw flesh wound and blood. Those part need to dry up and heal. Because if i bath and get it wet it wilk take a long time to heal.

Take hot water like tea, not the one that will burn your mouth ooo. Stay away from cold drinks for now. If your tommy is still big, you can place hot dry towel on your stomach from time to time and sit on sitz bath when you can. My tommy don reduce ooo. In four months time na flat tommy i dey aim. That's what am doing presently.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gloriouscrown: 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hello mamas, please is it OK to eat soup with uziza seeds in first trimester?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2019
I really hate to self medicate but the new hospital we are using has refused to give us drugs on the ground of trying a wait and see approach. What can I give a three month old for cough. Sugar and palm oil makes her throw up and she is taking only vitamin c. What can I give her because thos cough is too much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 4:50pm On Jun 29, 2019
luciouscookie:
The dos and don'ts.

Please mamas I'm interested in this too. How soon should one start exercising after CS. When should girdle or tummy trimmer be used and what type.
Mamas with experience abeg don't read and pass. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 6:18pm On Jun 29, 2019
Hello great mothers pls which is the best oil for a fair baby I have been rubbing her Shea butter cos it clears any rashes fast on her skin but I noticed she's getting dark in some part like the back and her neck but her ear, face and hands are fair and people say it the Shea butter that's making her dark so pls help with any suggestion
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2019
Aitee1:
Hello great mothers pls which is the best oil for a fair baby I have been rubbing her Shea butter cos it clears any rashes fast on her skin but I noticed she's getting dark in some part like the back and her neck but her ear, face and hands are fair and people say it the Shea butter that's making her dark so pls help with any suggestion

Original coconut oil is nice too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2019
Gloriouscrown:
Hello mamas, please is it OK to eat soup with uziza seeds in first trimester?

No ma'am,uziza is a sort of blood thinner...Other sabi mamas will put mouth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 19CannyMum: 6:54pm On Jun 29, 2019
spiceeamiee:
I really hate to self medicate but the new hospital we are using has refused to give us drugs on the ground of trying a wait and see approach. What can I give a three month old for cough. Sugar and palm oil makes her throw up and she is taking only vitamin c. What can I give her because thos cough is too much.

Please wait and see as advised by your doctors.

3 months is too young for oil, sugar, honey. Sugar and palm oil at 3 months? System can barely even digest akamu at that age.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2019
Eezohbae:

Original coconut oil is nice too

I was using the one I prepared myself
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2019
MGeey:

Please mamas I'm interested in this too. How soon should one start exercising after CS. When should girdle or tummy trimmer be used and what type.
Mamas with experience abeg don't read and pass. Thanks in advance.

The best way to recover from CS quickly is to rest very well, resting heals you very fast. . Activities like exercise, using girdle can start from six weeks by then you are sure that you are healed from the inside.. but try and see your doctor for him to give the go ahead..for me I don't stress myself at all, it is almost 2 yrs already for me but if you ask me to carry a bucket of water i will tell you I had CS grin grin

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2019
Aitee1:

I was using the one I prepared myself

Yes cold pressed coconut oil is the best for babies/children.. it smoothes the skin and makes the skin colour shine.. just be sure that you are making it without heat/fire
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 12:43am On Jun 30, 2019
embarassed
maureensylvia:

Lol @ her thinking you are doing itk. Abeg when next she comes for omugwo just target where she kept the skineal/funbact A and hide it. Don't even behave like u saw it or start quarrelling about it.

If there's also someone she listens to u can't hint the person so that they would tell her of the side effects of using such products.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missyblissy: 2:49am On Jun 30, 2019
Abeg i dey wan bad headache wey paracetamol no cure am oooo if i bend my head, it pains me a lot and na the left side of my head ooo. Shey na migraine i go call am ni. Please help oooooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rabila(f): 5:43am On Jun 30, 2019
Get all your baby need at RAYCARE mother, baby and beyond store. We sell both new and fairly used baby things with brand name, graco, fisherprice, safety 1st, mamas and papas etc such as Carseat
Strollers
Highchair
Walkers
Bicycle and tricycle
Musical toys
Play pen /cot/ bassinet/ baby net
Play mat and TV game playmat
...Just name them and we will get them.
Call 08081337741, 07050493367, or 08036057363 or mail rabilay2k@yahoo.com and u will never be disappointed. Thanx

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eipreel(f): 9:00am On Jun 30, 2019
spiceeamiee:

Let me tell you what worked for us while giving vitamin c:
*steam inhalation
*keep baby warm even when the weather isn't cold(no fan,no AC)- you and baba baby need to sacrifice for baby
*massage ribs,chest and forehead with warm water.
*try to keep her upright when she coughs so she can gradually eject what is blocking her throat
It took patience while religiously carrying out these steps and the cough disappeared. My son is also 3 months. Pls do not give palm oil and sugar they are still too young.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 11:59am On Jun 30, 2019
Pearl05:
We went for 6 weeks yesterday and my boy weigh 4.9kg, birth weight was 3.3kg ; is he progressing well as regards body weight?

How important is ROTAVIRUS Vaccine? Couldn't take it yesterday because of cost #8k and was told there are two doses to be taken.

Zaynie
Sunbestie
Giddyperson
Wow how time fly's!!!!!!
He is doing good.. For me d weight is fine as long as baby is healthy
Am looking for where to get dat vaccine for my LO because dh is making it a must dat her princess must take it ooo.. It is important if u can access it..

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lioha(f): 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
Contact us for your baby food such as

EMFAMIL APTAMIL GERBER, NAN, CERELAC, SIMILAC, ADVANTAGE, LACTOGEN, SMA PRO, SMA GOLD, MY BOY, PEAK 123, COWBELL, PEDIASURE, SOY TODDLER, EMFAGROW, COW & GATE, COMPLAN, ETC

ALSO IN STOCK ARE ALL TYPE OF AMERICAN PRODUCTS

(1) (2) (3) ... (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: HIGHESTPOPORI(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.