Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404779 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
Giddyperson:
yeah that's one side effects.
Really? Ok then
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iyamefa: 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
19CannyMum:

That's your karma for introducing me to the free samples in the first place cheesy
I hope it works out.

Thanks babe you’re the best kiss kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2019
Rubyzz:

Good morning mamas, please help me look into this issue. My son is 1 year but he's not weighing as much as i think he should, i believe he is underweight. He weighed 3.1 at birth and at 12 months 8kg, he was placed on multivitamin but i dont see any difference. He was exclusively bfed and still sucking, only takes pap and cereal, fish and egg sometimes but rejects other foods. He is quite active and hardly sleeps during the day.

Please help me, i am so worried. Is his weight OK? What can i do to help him?

We are on the same boat
I've tried everything
Banana, avocado, fish, egg, butter, soyabeans etc they did nada
Multivitamin nkor, even the MIM some mums swore by didn't work for him at all, appetite remained the same with or without it.
Tried baby grubs products too, tombrown (he didn't like it)
I increased number of feeds to 5times, and I ended up with a vomiting baby due to overfeeding.
Altho his appetite is better than before, we still struggle to feed 4times daily with snacks once inbetween on rare cases cause he doesn't like biscuits and the rest undecided
He still chokes on Some solids like yam n Potato
Still prefers puree to solids
He sleeps once during the day and active the rest of the day
Doesn't watch cartoon so there's no way to make him sit for at least 5mins straight during the day (it's that bad)
He has been hitting his milestones early enough and looks healthy too so I've accepted that I have a slow weight gainer and an active DS
I'm not really on the big size but hubby is, so he probably took it from me.
Sorry for the long epistle cheesy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JstBrave(f): 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
Good day mamas, my DS is 10 months old. When I asked the nurse who gave him the 9 months immunization about when our next immunization should be, she said there's none to be taken again but I just read here that there are other ones.

Please I need the list of immunization that should be taken after 9 months (with the price, if possible). Let me see if we can afford it. Thanks

cc zaynie, FloraEC, Giddy person and other sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 10:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
GreaterGraceGG:
Mamas, I want to ask if FP can cause total absence of menstrual flow. A friend of mine have been on a particular FP for over 3 years now and she is not menstruating. Is it normal? I'm just scared for her

Yes it's possible. I had total absence to but after removing it I saw AF in 2weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 10:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
GreaterGraceGG:
Mamas, I want to ask if FP can cause total absence of menstrual flow. A friend of mine have been on a particular FP for over 3 years now and she is not menstruating. Is it normal? I'm just scared for her

Yes it's possible. I had total absence of AF too but after removing it I saw AF in 2weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:18am On Jun 26, 2019
JstBrave:
Good day mamas, my DS is 10 months old. When I asked the nurse who gave him the 9 months immunization about when our next immunization should be, she said there's none to be taken again but I just read here that there are other ones.

Please I need the list of immunization that should be taken after 9 months (with the price, if possible). Let me see if we can afford it. Thanks

cc mamas
I've forgotten the prices of them but between 15-23k, i'd post my schedule later.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 7:35am On Jun 26, 2019
barag:

Yes it's possible. I had total absence of AF too but after removing it I saw AF in 2weeks.
Wow. Thanks for your contribution
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:13am On Jun 26, 2019
JstBrave:

cc zayie, FloaEC, Gidd person and other sabi mamas
I paid 22k for MMR and chicken pox, vit A and Pcv booster was free

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:33am On Jun 26, 2019
JstBrave:

cc zaynie, FloraEC, Giddy person and other sabi mamas

Read up for a bit, I think FloraEC posted her whole immunization schedule

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rubyzz: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2019
Awesomemama:

We are on the same boat
I've tried everything
Multivitamin nkor, even the MIM some mums swore by didn't work for him at all, appetite remained the same with or without it.
I increased number of feeds to 5times, and I ended up with a vomiting baby due to overfeeding.
Altho his appetite is better than before, we still struggle to feed 4times daily with snacks once inbetween on rare cases cause he doesn't like biscuits and the rest undecided
Doesn't watch cartoon so there's no way to make him sit for at least 5mins straight during the day (it's that bad)
He has been hitting his milestones early enough and looks healthy too so I've accepted that I have a slow weight gainer and an active DS

Are you sure your son is not my son? You just described my DS, i dont know what to do anymore. He's very active but looks so small, even drs and nurses complain when i take him to hospital.
Please has any mama used dynamorgen before? Can
i use it on a 1 year old? Dr recommended it but I want to hear from anyone who has used it before

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rubyzz: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2019
FloraEC:

I paid 22k for MMR and chicken pox, vit A and Pcv booster was free

Please ma at what month were these vaccines given?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:26am On Jun 26, 2019
zaynie:

Read up for a bit, I think FlorEC posted her whole immunization schedule
Not mine, I got the screenshot from here
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:27am On Jun 26, 2019
Rubyzz:

Please ma at what month were these vaccines given?
12m
Another one at 15m

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:39am On Jun 26, 2019
Awesomemama:

We are on the same boat
I've tried everything
I increased number of feeds to 5times, and I ended up with a vomiting baby due to overfeeding .
I'm not really on the big size but hubby is, so he probably took it from me. cheesy
Feed maybe 5/6 spoons of healthy fatty foods 5/6 times a day. Don't try to overfeed him so he won't end up throwing up. Pap or cereals(add cooked melted egg yolk or avocado as sweetener). For snacks, try bread/plantain/cheeseball/unsweetened yoghurt/smoothie.
That's what I did for my daughter, she's a picky eater and very Hyperactive but I made sure it didn't show on her body.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2019
FloraEC:

Feed maybe 5/6 spoons of healthy fatty foods 5/6 times a day. Don't try to overfeed him so he won't end up throwing up. Pap or cereals(add cooked melted egg yolk or avocado as sweetener). For snacks, try bread/plantain/cheeseball/unsweetened yoghurt/smoothie.
That's what I did for my daughter, she's a picky eater and very Hyperactive but I made sure it didn't show on her body.

I give him cooked egg at least 5times in a week
Avocado is not always available but I try to get it whenever I can
I give yoghurt atimes too
Still runs away from plantain
He likes bread and just started eating cheeseball (didn't like it)
Thanks mama
I'll keep trying

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
Afternoon Mam's, 9kg at 9 months. 3kg at birth. Hope it's ok pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kayzat: 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
Mumaraoluwa:

Boy or girl?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2019
kayzat:

Boy or girl?
boy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lehwah(f): 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2019
Phlota:
Thanks for the knee pads ma, I am grateful
glad I could be of help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:36pm On Jun 26, 2019
StrongWoman333:
Mamas in need of playpen and car seat i have for sale.

Call or watsapp.

Are you not keeping for the 2nd baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2019
FloraEC:

I paid[b] 22k for MMR and chicken pox, vit A and Pcv booster was free
this is serious, being a parent is not beans o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamesbridget13(f): 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2019
Abeg make una helep me o.

MyDs is two months old but he poops alot. He can poop for 5-6 times per day. It affected his weight a bit. Don't know if i shld give him anything at his age. Pls somebody shld talk to me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2019
comtem2011:
That's how someone will come and wish me double. Mbanu, I don't want, God should hear my prayer and give it to people that wants. I hail twin/more parents, double everything. The real MVP
There's one they told me, I asked them if is compulsory undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2019
jamesbridget13:
Abeg make una helep me o.

MyDs is two months old but he poops alot. He can poop for 5-6 times per day. It affected his weight a bit. Don't know if i shld give him anything at his age. Pls somebody shld talk to me
How is the poop? Watery or normal?
EBF? Check your diet
Mixed feeding? Feeding hygiene
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2019
Mumaraoluwa:
Yes

3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
FloraEC:

That's how someone will come and wish me double. Mbanu, I don't want, God should hear my prayer and give it to people that wants. I hail twin/more parents, double everything. The real MVP
There's one they told me, I asked them if is compulsory undecided undecided undecided undecided
My sister, no be small thing o. May God continue to provide and keep us the parents alive to take care of them.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
comtem2011:
Are you not keeping for the 2nd baby?
grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pearl05(f): 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
comtem2011:

No be small thing. And the thing like supermarket no bargaining.

Make we know the basic ones to give them please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pearl05(f): 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2019
FloraEC:

See my life as I dey pray for double or triple sef so that I go hang boots after next journey .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamesbridget13(f): 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
FloraEC:

How is the poop? Watery or normal?
EBF? Check your diet
Mixed feeding? Feeding hygiene
1) poop is gummy n greenish most of d time

2) i believe it's normal but too frequent n d colour too is green

3) EBF? Yes, will check but that's what i have been eating until recently he started pooping excess

4) Mixed feeding? No!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
Have you de-wormed him?
Awesomemama:

We are on the same boat
I've tried everything

(1) (2) (3) ... (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.