Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430312 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Okolinneoma(f): 6:26am On Aug 22, 2019
Goodmorning mamas, please I got a medela breast pump from the US and realized that I can’t use with our naija light... please what is the way out??
Please mamas, come to my rescue with suggestions on what to do.
Thank you somuch
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rayhanna: 7:17am On Aug 22, 2019
Okolinneoma:
Goodmorning mamas, please I got a medela breast pump from the US and realized that I can’t use with our naija light... please what is the way out??
Thank you somuch

You'll need to get a step down, our own voltage here is 220, whereas theirs is 110. You can get. Step down for as low as 1000 to 1500.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2019
1. I'm not sure Nutrend is still in the market, I've also never seen a child that doesn't love Cerelac
2. Yes you can
3. Yes you can, variety is the spice of life
4. So I heard, doesn't matter though, with weaning try all healthy food
5. debone the titus very well but I suggest you wait till 7 months to start it
6. Also try purees, apple, carrot etc. Just make sure you try new foods one at a time and observe for allergies. Also be patient, most children don't take solids at first attempt. Lastly, I personally don't subscribe to feeding solids with a bottle, introduce spoon immediately

Rbae:
Hello mama's. My DS will be 6 months old soon. We noticed ahe licks his mouth (since 4 month o) whenever his dad and i eating. He is so ready to eat adult food. We put small stew in his mouth yesterday, he licked it and he was crying for more grin. He is a foodie tho cos he finishes three tin of formular in a weekgrin. I breastfeed him well too, he is a chubby baby.

Please, i need help on how to prepare his 6 months food and cereals. I joined d group for 6 months baby but i dont even know where to start from.

1. I plan giving him Nutrend or cerelac and Nan 2. Which one is better Nutrend or Cerelac?

2. I want to make tombrown too cos it worked for my aunts kids. Can i combine with d Nutrend and formula?

3. Can i add frisocream too?

4. A friend said once i give hin tombrown, i shouldnt give him pap. That its same. How true is this please?

5. Can i give him amala and ewedu with titus?

6. Please, help me with what works for your kids when you first introduced them to their 6months food. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:34am On Aug 22, 2019
get a step down
Okolinneoma:
Thank you somuch
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Okolinneoma(f): 8:46am On Aug 22, 2019
Rayhanna:

You'll need to get a step down, our own voltage here is 220, whereas theirs is 110. You can get. Step down for as low as 1000 to 1500.

Thank you somuch mama.. please any idea where I can get it?? Or any type of store that sells it .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:14am On Aug 22, 2019
Any of those electrical shops where they sell socket,plugs, bulbs etc

Okolinneoma:

Thank you somuch mama.. please any idea where I can get it?? Or any type of store that sells it .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Prettyuche(f): 11:22am On Aug 22, 2019
Mamas,which laundry soap or powder that you will use on children clothes that has long lasting fresh scent.??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Okolinneoma(f): 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Any of those electrical shops where they sell socket,plugs, bulbs etc

thank you somuch , am more than grateful.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2019
You can add comfort to the rinse water.
Prettyuche:
Mamas,which laundry soap or powder that you will use on children clothes that has long lasting fresh scent.??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
hunniesuzie:
1. I'm not sure Nutrend is still in the market, I've also never seen a child that doesn't love Cerelac
2. Yes you can
6. Also try purees, apple, carrot etc. Just make sure you try new foods one at a time and observe for allergies. Also be patient, most children don't take solids at first attempt. Lastly, I personally don't subscribe to feeding solids with a bottle, introduce spoon immediately

Thanks so much mama.
Ok. We have Nutrend here. The supermart beside my house buys directly from Nestle. I'll try cerelac then.Thanks. I dont plan using bottle, i bought cups amd plates already. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Prettyuche(f): 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
amorprincesa:
You can add comfort to the
rinse water.
Wow.really.oh thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 2:38pm On Aug 22, 2019
Why not let us take the stress of making Pap / Ogi / Akamu / Koko off you.We will make to your specifications.

Call / WhatsApp 08057125055 & we will deliver it at your doorstep�

#adipap/ogi/akamu/koko #yellow corn # white corn #millet #guinea corn
#papmaker #The mediamanagers #lagospapmakers #papmakerinlagos #babyfriendlyfood
#adultfriendlyfood

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gloriousheart(f): 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
bigmummy16:
Why not let us take the stress of making Pap / Ogi / Akamu / Koko off you.We will make to your specifications.

Call / WhatsApp 08057125055 & we will deliver it at your doorstep�

#adipap/ogi/akamu/koko #yellow corn # white corn #millet #guinea corn
#papmaker #The mediamanagers #lagospapmakers #papmakerinlagos #babyfriendlyfood
#adultfriendlyfood
Sweet mama , if I may suggest. Change your container packaging if you can. Get fine modern containers. Pls don't be angry. Just an observation that may help bring in even more customers.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hey sis, thanks a lot.am opened to any suggestions/innovations.am not angry dear.

Honestly, I have been looking for good containers.if you have any good looking ones,kindly WhatsApp 08057125055.

Gloriousheart:

Sweet mama , if I may suggest. Change your container packaging if you can. Get fine modern containers. Pls don't be angry. Just an observation that may help bring in even more customers.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 4:25pm On Aug 22, 2019
Rbae:

Thanks so much mama.
Ok. We have Nutrend here. The supermart beside my house buys directly from Nestle. I'll try cerelac then.Thanks. I dont plan using bottle, i bought cups amd plates already. Thank you.
I think nutrend contains wheat wherein cerelac has many varieties.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Waladade4luv(m): 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2019
tatacherie:

At 8 months, it's too early to deworm, so it could be an infection without fever
Pls see a Dr to check him out
Thanks so. Much the doctor proberbly the breast milk and formular is irritating him that we should start to introduce normal food now

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Waladade4luv(m): 7:56pm On Aug 22, 2019
tatacherie:

At 8 months, it's too early to deworm, so it could be an infection without fever
Pls see a Dr to check him out
the doctor said proberbly the breast milk and the formula is irritating him that we can start to introduce normal food more now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kayzat: 8:14pm On Aug 22, 2019
hunniesuzie:
2. Yes you can

My daughter never accept cerelac o. It's always been nutribom

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2019
Waladade4luv:

Thanks so. Much the doctor proberbly the breast milk and formular is irritating him that we should start to introduce normal food now
I see... Its OK then
I pray he gets better asap
Regards
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
bigmummy16:
Hey sis, thanks a lot.am opened to any suggestions/innovations.am not angry dear.

Honestly, I have been looking for good containers.if you have any good looking ones,kindly WhatsApp 08057125055.

Hello madam, I hope you don't mind I add a few suggestions

Let me say Kudos to you in the biz. Ko easy
Well, I recently discovered it seems there is a large market for Ogi especially since internet took over, that means you have competitors allover, and as such i think you should research more on your competitors, find out what they are doing to pull buyers and up your game. Do something different that will make your brand stand out of the crowd because truth is people are making sales. Imagine in a country of over 200million citizens shocked buying and selling is happening every single day and marketers are making thousands and millions. Lemme nor exaggerate cheesy. But its the truth!!! If you know your target market and track them down there's no way you won't get at least 1,000 buyers out of the 200million citizens. Lemme not exaggerate again let's say 100 buyers then do the maths cheesy cheesy cheesy

Personally, I buy most top notch packaged food because I feel apart from it being authentic it is also produced in a hygienic environment. I can google their brand name and get some info about them

Also, if you're on Instagram or Facebook include those links in your posts here. Nairaland is a faceless forum, Add these so potential buyers can click to see you on IG if they wish to get conviction before placing their orders

In other to attract more buyers pls look into branding your product. Use attractive and appealing containers or zip lock bags. Truth is some buyers want to see the content to verify colour so I suggest transparent containers. Plus when they see you have labels it convinces them to an extent that you are authentic

Then another thing I'm not so comfy with is your backdrop. Your picture quality is great! Very clear but the background is not appealing at all. Look into using photo background props.
Set your table well, add that honey, that prepared pap with enough milk, flowers etc to make a yummy pix or better still edit the photos into a colourful but natural background.
Please see attached pictures

Let me add that you should please try and look into registering your business name with CAC and NAFDAC to seal things up. This is your business so get it the maximum authenticity and certification it deserves
I wish you massive sales ma'am
Gracias kiss

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firstLadyy: 3:16am On Aug 23, 2019
zaynie:

Hi ma'am
A cheerful giver got 4 packs of Tom Brown for your baby.
Delivery is on you.
Thanks so much for the differnt varieties of Tom brown.. we absolutely love it.. I just discovered my ds prefers it without milk o and can also use it to make light swallow for soup. It has a nice smell and taste of its own.. God bless u and d giver

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 7:51am On Aug 23, 2019
Morning parents,
Hope we are good today.

I want to ask, does it really matter whether we wean our little ones at 12 or 18 or 24months from br.st milk?
Does that extra feeding after 12 months make difference? For their health?
Trying to decide when to stop. We're almost 15 months and I don't have an exact time to stop in mind. Sucks between night and morning when I'm home. His main meal is cereals,others are taste and go.

I know most people stop at 12 months. So wondering if my extra mile is adding value. What's our take?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 8:38am On Aug 23, 2019
iaatmgirl:
Morning parents,
Hope we are good today.

I want to ask, does it really matter whether we wean our little ones at 12 or 18 or 24months from br.st milk?
Trying to decide when to stop. We're almost 15 months and I don't have an exact time to stop in mind. Sucks between night and morning when I'm home. His main meal is cereals,others are taste and go.

I know most people stop at 12 months. So wondering if my extra mile is adding value. What's our take?
My son z 2yrs and few days shy from 3 months...I still breastfed him.my choice tho#
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:18am On Aug 23, 2019
Well WHO encourages breastfeeding up to 2 years
I personally have no intention of breastfeeding a child past 12 months, anything after is jara
With my son I even stopped at 10 months because he was eating other foods more and was using BM as pacifier/sleep aid. That in my opinion is abuse of privilege so I stopped him grin
Last last, do whatever you are comfortable with

iaatmgirl:
Morning parents,
Hope we are good today.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 12:35pm On Aug 23, 2019
ahnie:

My son z 2yrs and few days shy from 3 months...I still breastfed him.my choice tho#

OK.
Thanks
Guess it should just be a decision.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Well WHO encourages breastfeeding up to 2 years
I personally have no intention of breastfeeding a child past 12 months, anything after is jara
With my son I even stopped at 10 months because he was eating other foods more and was using BM as pacifier/sleep aid. That in my opinion is abuse of privilege so I stopped him grin
Last last, do whatever you are comfortable with

This post is funny with the Jara and abuse of privilege.

Thanks for your response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
PraisesG:

I think nutrend contains wheat wherein cerelac has many varieties.

Ok. Thanks mama. I will go for cerelac.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2019
Eezohbae:

I think Rofemiguwa has it
Thank you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2019
Madupcy:

I sell, add me up. I’m in Lagos.
ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Drkul(f): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hi mommas, pls which milk is good and can be recommended for 0 to 6 months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
Drkul:
Hi mommas, pls which milk is good and can be recommended for 0 to 6 months

NAN1, SMA gold ,My Boy. other mother's would bring more suggestions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) (2232) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.