Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397265 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) (2238) (2239) (2240) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:36am On Sep 09, 2019
Donphilex:
Good evening mamas and papas abeg make una help me chok mouth my daughter has been stooling since 4 days now she’s on EBF no water no anything just breastfeeding her mother didn’t change her diet or eat anything strange she has always been conscious of what she eats cos of her daughter ,so we don’t know where the stooling came from baby is just 4monts now though she’s been bringing out a lot of saliva since 3 months and always itching her gum with her hands ,could this be teething related abeg make una hell a ftf and ftm

She could be teething....but what's the consistency of the poo? Is it like egusi? If it looks like egusi then it's fine. If its slimy like okro then I'd say take her to the doctor for proper assessment
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2019
Messyodi:
Good evening mamas ,
Make una come help me.

My baby has been purging for two days nonstop now. I gave her flagyl and zinc tab but its like it dint even help. I dint give her anyfin new o, she has been takin gerber single grain since and on monday i changed it to multigrain and she started purging on friday till now . What can i do biko Could it be teething?? She has stooled like 8 times today. Biko come to my aid. She will be 7months old in two weeks.

Was the flagyl prescribed by a doctor?
Perhaps stop the new food you introduced and see how her system reacts

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2019
Lemonadewifey:
Good evening mamas in the house. We don come again ahbeg help me out. My daughter of 6weeks and 5days has somethings like dandruff in her hair. I wash the hair on Sundays only but when bathing her everyday, mum pours water on it. What can I do so they won't come out? She has a full and long hair and barbing it is not an option at all as the Dad won't even agree.
NB: mum uses her bath wash to wash her hair so should I get her shampoo and conditioner? Please help me o

Sounds like cradle cap.

Here's what I did for my son back then that worked.

First, I poured enough coconut oil on his hair. You can use olive oil too. Then I covered his hair with a clean black nylon and left it for like 30mins or so. Took off the nylon and I used a small comb to gently comb out the flakes in the hair. The sides that didn't come off, I put more oil and let it soak and then I combed off again. After which I washed his hair with baby shampoo. (I usually buy the 2 in 1 shampoo, that's the one that is a shampoo and conditioner in one)

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 9:18am On Sep 09, 2019
keeki:
Goodevening Mama's.please I need answers urgently.my toddler has been farting very smelly one oohh for some days now.what can I do about it as he would resume school tomorrow .he poos up to twice a day.i didn't introduce a new food except a new biscuit.he eats well too and no running stomach.please don't read and pass. Zaynie iomoge jazzyjazz GreaterGraceGG hotmomma giddyperson and other Sabi mamas
Jedi jedi grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Donphilex(m): 10:06am On Sep 09, 2019
jazzyjazz:

She could be teething....but what's the consistency of the poo? Is it like egusi? If it looks like egusi then it's fine. If its slimy like okro then I'd say take her to the doctor for proper assessment
thanks for your reply it’s slimy like okro and watery yellowish in clour ,would be taking her to the hospital this morning
Do have a blessed week
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:58am On Sep 09, 2019
keeki:

Lol just that it smells too much.let you them not run away from class
Lmao, they would come back

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adorablewifey(f): 4:56pm On Sep 09, 2019
Giddyperson:

Lmao, they would come back
Giddyperson of the giddy dynasty, it's been awhile. Trust the Giddy's are doing just fine, my kind regards.
Anugod congratulations on your new journey, it shall be a soft landing in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2019
Hey mamas. How is everyone? Hope fine. Please someone cc me the lady that makes baby pap for sale on here. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MomoAdura: 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2019
keeki:
Goodevening Mama's.please I need answers urgently.my toddler has been farting very smelly one oohh for some days now.what can I do about it as he would resume school tomorrow .he poos up to twice a day.i didn't introduce a new food except a new biscuit.he eats well too and no running stomach.please don't read and pass. Zaynie iomoge jazzyjazz GreaterGraceGG hotmomma giddyperson and other Sabi mamas

I'm on this boat oooooo...my 14month old poop smells a lot too and she's starting creche tomorrow.....my mum says it's a phase that'll pass

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 7:22pm On Sep 09, 2019
spiceeamiee:
Hey mamas. How is everyone? Hope fine. Please someone cc me the lady that makes baby pap for sale on here. Thank you.

Cc
Bigmummy16
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2019
unex50, Rbae and jazzyjazz, thanks a lot for the response.
Jazzyjazz, I'd apply the coconut oil and try it this evening.
Rbae, which shampoo are you using? I saw Johnson shampoo today and some other types and I'm confused which to get.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2019
keeki:
Goodevening Mama's.please I need answers urgently.my toddler has been farting very smelly one oohh for some days now.what can I do about it as he would resume school tomorrow .he poos up to twice a day.i didn't introduce a new food except a new biscuit.he eats well too and no running stomach.please and other Sabi mamas

If he east irú or any new spice it will smell.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 9:29pm On Sep 09, 2019
zaynie:

If he east irú or any new spice it will smell.

Actually he eats iru
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
Donphilex:
thanks for your reply it’s slimy like okro and watery yellowish in clour ,would be taking her to the hospital this morning
Do have a blessed week

What did the doctor say?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naylor(f): 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2019
exquizit:

I was once in your shoes, coconut water eventually did the trick after taking hot pap for a month without any tangible result . Put the water in a cup and place in hot water for few minutes then drink. I stopped after the third coconut. All the best mama!
Thanks a lot.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2019
Lemonadewifey:
Rbae, which shampoo are you using? I saw Johnson shampoo today and some other types and I'm confused which to get.

I used Asda Little Angel Shampoo plus conditioner then. But you can get any good brand and use
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 3:48am On Sep 10, 2019
Lemonadewifey:

Im using Johnson shampoo my mum bought for my DS.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:03am On Sep 10, 2019
Thank you ma. @Bigmummy16 please send me a PM

Goldenheart002:

Cc
Bigmummy16
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 6:33am On Sep 10, 2019
Good morning mamas. Please, where can i get USA wears for a baby boy at tradefair. I couldnt get what i want for him in boutiques around here. I'm preparing to go now. Can i get at Oyo plaza?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:00am On Sep 10, 2019
keeki:

Actually he eats iru

They had to beg me in my son's school to stop giving him irú when he was that age cheesy
The smell of the fart and poop was tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Donphilex(m): 7:00am On Sep 10, 2019
keeki:

What did the doctor say?
Good morning we where told to run a test to confirm if it was a bacterial infection and after the test she said it a bacterial infection and she also mentioned lactation diarrhea So she wrote some drugs coupled with ort to be given 5ml every 10minutes to avoid dehydration .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pearl05(f): 8:43am On Sep 10, 2019
Messyodi:
Good evening mamas ,
Make una come help me.

My baby has been purging for two days nonstop now. I gave her flagyl and zinc tab but its like it dint even help. I dint give her anyfin new o, she has been takin gerber single grain since and on monday i changed it to multigrain and she started purging on friday till now . What can i do biko Could it be teething?? She has stooled like 8 times today. Biko come to my aid. She will be 7months old in two weeks.

I hope it has subsided by now. At 7 months, it could be teething as some baby's own comes with purging and if you one tries to stop it at once, it causes problem.

It's usually very watery and over smelling. Give her ORS therapy to replenish the loss fluid and keep her hydrated. Take her to hospital let Dr examine her too. Weldon dear.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:05pm On Sep 10, 2019
Messyodi:
Good evening mamas ,
Make una come help me.

Hope she is better now.

What are the ingredients of the multi grain? she could be intolerant to one or more of the ingredients inside. i suggest you go back to the original single grain you were giving her before, then introduce any other items in the multigrain individually to identify what the culprit could be.

For instance, if you were giving rice only and the multigrain has rice, wheat, maize, oats and other orishirishi inside. Introduce each grain individually i. e only oats for a few days, then only wheat for the next few days etc etc etc, if you can find it in baby food form fine, if not you may need to prepare it yourself.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
Hey My lovelies!!!!!

Kpom, Kpom, Kpom!!!

Who dey house?!

how una dey? i just dey waka pass, say make i branch small!

grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
AlphaHandMaiden:
Hey My lovelies!!!!!

Kpom, Kpom, Kpom!!!

Who dey house?!

how una dey? i just dey waka pass, say make i branch small!

grin grin grin
Me sef just dey breeze pass o. Long time
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2019
Donphilex:

Good morning we where told to run a test to confirm if it was a bacterial infection and after the test she said it a bacterial infection and she also mentioned lactation diarrhea So she wrote some drugs coupled with ort to be given 5ml every 10minutes to avoid dehydration .
If she hasn't taken the Rota vaccine be sure to have her take it. All the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Donphilex(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
Liftedhands:
If she hasn't taken the Rota vaccine be sure to have her take it. All the best.
thanks a lot she has only taken rota 1 we’re hoping to give her during her immunization cos the vaccine is quite expensive

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2019
Donphilex:
thanks a lot she has only taken rota 1 we’re hoping to give her during her immunization cos the vaccine is quite expensive
Yes it is. Some lg in Lagos offer it for free I heard.

Try and complete it for her to be on the safe side.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
sorry to derail the thread
mamas pls anyone who can help me with the link to mini importation of good grade weaves and wigs that one can startup with small capital should pls mention me oo. i heard u can start with shikini money..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2019
Good evening mamas in the house, my son who is 8months today can sit without support, moves around with his tummy, but my problem is that he doesn't bounce when held in a standing position on the laps. He doesnt even agree to stand sef, he will just bend both knees and either sit or kneel.

Should this be a cause for concern? Please help me chook mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
zaynie:

They had to beg me in my son's school to stop giving him irú when he was that age cheesy
The smell of the fart and poop was tongue

Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2019
Donphilex:

Ok.speedy recovery to your baby

(1) (2) (3) ... (2234) (2235) (2236) (2237) (2238) (2239) (2240) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.