Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4405732 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2246) (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2019
Good evening mamas

My son has been having mucus in his stool for about three days now. The stool comes out hard at times and watery too.
He is 14months

What do you recommend we give him?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by formidablefunmi(f): 7:24pm On Sep 27, 2019
preshpearl mucus in poop could ba a sign of an infection or allergy. Is it accompanied with any other symptoms?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 5:46am On Sep 28, 2019
formidablefunmi:
preshpearl mucus in poop could ba a sign of an infection or allergy. Is it accompanied with any other symptoms?

No ma'am, he is his usual self, playful and restless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 10:40am On Sep 28, 2019
preshpearl:

No ma'am, he is his usual self, playful and restless
Is he teething?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by divinemandate: 10:45am On Sep 28, 2019
good morning mamas. ranting period boil is doing me strong thing from arm pit to ear and back to arm pit. what I do na. ah
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 10:50am On Sep 28, 2019
FloraEC:

Is he teething?
He has 8 teeth ATM
The others are yet to show
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2019
preshpearl:

He has 8 teeth ATM
The others are yet to show
Are his gums swollen(first molar)?
Have you ran infection/malaria test on him?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2019
Good morning mothers.
1.My 2months old baby poop this morning and it was smelling. She's on exclusive breastfeeding. She also poop once a day and this is the first time it smells like this and it had some thick one inside it as if it was moulded and the rest was normal yellow. Is this normal? Because I have been worried o
2. Whenever breast milk touches her face, she reacts with things like pimples on her face. How do I prevent this from happening? I also use tribotan yet, it doesn't clear it and someone told me to use cacatin. Can I use cacatin for her? Cc zaynie, Giddyperson, hunniesuzie, FloraEC, rvpbae, rbae and other mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 12:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
Hello mums, we are live at Ilupeju Recreation Hall, Ilupeju
Call/WhatsApp 08057125055
Adi Pap��

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2019
Please where can we take cheap cholera vaccine.
My hospital sells for 22k
N its 2 doses lipsrsealed

Please help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2019
Lemonadewifey:
Good morning mothers.
1.My 2months old baby poop this morning and it was smelling. She's on exclusive breastfeeding. She also poop once a day and this is the first time it smells like this and it had some thick one inside it as if it was moulded and the rest was normal yellow. Is this normal? Because I have been worried o
2. Whenever breast milk touches her face, she reacts with things like pimples on her face. How do I prevent this from happening? I also use tribotan yet, it doesn't clear it and someone told me to use cacatin. Can I use cacatin for her?

I don't think there's anything wrong with smelly poop. My baby was EBF too and his poop always smells really bad tho he hardly poops.

For the rash, you should clean his face with a wet face towel whenever breastmilk touches it and you can use a little Agnesia powder on the rash or just ignore it. I don't think there's any need for medication.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
divinemandate:
good morning mamas.
ranting period
boil is doing me strong thing from arm pit to ear and back to arm pit.
what I do na. ah
Did the thing finish with your baby and face you? Pele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2019
Lemonadewifey:
Good morning mothers.
2. Whenever breast milk touches her face, she reacts with things like pimples on her face. How do I prevent this from happening? I also use tribotan yet, it doesn't clear it and someone told me to use cacatin. Can I use cacatin for her? Cc zayn..ie, Giddyp..erson, hunnies..uzie, Flor..aEC, rvpb..ae, rb..ae and other mamas.

Poop is supposed to smell, the change could be as a result of something you ate. I don't think it is something to worry about.

Since you know the cause of the rash, try to clean with wipes after feeding, that's what I did then. In my opinion, tiny face rashes are quite common in babies and would clear off, stop the tribotan and no need for cacatin. I never used cacatin sef, i don't know what it looks like.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2019
FloraEC:

Are his gums swollen(first molar)?
Have you ran infection/malaria test on him?

Yes
But that was last month
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2019
Lemonadewifey:
Good morning mothers.
2. Whenever breast milk touches her face, she reacts with things like pimples on her face. How do I prevent this from happening? I also use tribotan yet, it doesn't clear it and someone told me to use cacatin. Can I use cacatin for her? Cc zaynie, Giddyperson, hunniesuzie, FloraEC, rvpbae, rbae and other mamas.

1. Probably something you ate.
The poop thickens as they grow older but since you are ebf, constipation is out of the way.
But be sure no one is sneaking food for her.

2. Use wet wipes to wipe her face before it dries. My kids get rashes on their neck if bm splashes on it. Dried bm can be quite glue-ey
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CindyByFine(f): 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2019
Mamas,

Abeg make una help me oh.

My baby is 5 days old at the moment and till now, nothing is coming out from my breast....not colostrum talk more of breast milk.

Took palmwine today, used manual breast pump this night for 5 mins on each breast yet nothing.

Depression is about setting in on me oh. Urgent Help will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 19CannyMum: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2019
Rbae:
Hello mama's I'm on my way to d market now. I want to in ntroduce Tom Brown to my boy. He takes any food you give him. Cerelac, rice cereal, milk, Egg yolk, egg and potato puree with Titus fish Etc. I want to buy 2 dericas of yellow corn, 1 Derica of millet and sorghum, Half Derica of groundnut and half Derica of crayfish. For starters.....please, help me check if it's okay.

Which is better Irish or sweetpotato? Can I I traduce Amala and crayfisha d titus ewedu to him now. He will be 7 months soon?
Thanks.

They say sweet potato contains more nutrients and is healthier than Irish.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 19CannyMum: 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2019
CindyByFine:
Mamas,

My baby is 5 days old at the moment and till now, nothing is coming out from my breast....not colostrum talk more of breast milk.

Took palmwine today, used manual breast pump this night for 5 mins on each breast yet nothing.

Don't be depressed.

Can't advice much so as not to give wrong advice, but even when when milk is flowing 5 minutes is usually not enough to pump.

Is your breast hard? Milk usually comes around 3rd day making the breast hard. Is baby latching properly?

Sometimes we don't even realise there's colostrum cos it's so tiny we think baby is sucking empty breast.

Hope baby is taking formula? Most important goal is not to breastfeed. Most important goal is mummy well, baby well.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 5:49am On Sep 29, 2019
19CannyMum:

They say sweet potato contains more nutrients and is healthier than Irish.

OK. Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 5:55am On Sep 29, 2019
Lemonadewifey:
Good morning mothers.

1. I don't have an idea cos i did mixed feeding.

2. BM gives my baby rashes too. It gives my friends baby eczema. Wipe once u notice breastmilk on her face.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tina462: 6:20am On Sep 29, 2019
Hello mummies...are you still spending expensively on your baby products while they will easily outgrow them... Spend less and save smartly when you shop @uniquemums on all our UK and German quality neatly used baby products ranging from car seat, baby cot, swing, breastpump, mamaroo, stroller, wooden cot and many more..

We also help mums sell off their babies outgrown neatly used products and get some cool cash in return but terms and conditions apply.......
Follow us on IG via
https://www.instagram.com/uniquemums

WhatsApp on 07034853820

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 6:40am On Sep 29, 2019
preshpearl:

Yes
But that was last month
Check again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cocobutterman: 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
new born babies should drink infant milk or breast milk. freshyo is a dairy drink like VIJU milk, nutri, and hollandia.
Nimi22:

Thanks so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cocobutterman: 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2019
for me, viju milk is much better.
Nimi22:

I'm going out now to buy all the drinks I can. If he doesn't suck this night then we are over it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2019
CindyByFine:
Mamas,

Somebody should Pls answer this mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
CindyByFine:
Mamas,

How is it now after the palm wine?
Don't know how effective the manual pump is because mine didn't help when I wasn't lactating, but continue to put baby to breast, that will help.
And drink ALOT of water
Don't be depressed mama, it will do you and baby no good

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 4:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
cocobutterman:
new born babies should drink infant milk or breast milk. freshyo is a dairy drink like VIJU milk, nutri, and hollandia.

Is this reply meant for me? This post is almost a year old and the baby we were talking about was over a year then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
CindyByFine:
Mamas,

Reach me on 09026772943
I make delicious lactation treats plus free consultation and tips.

I have testifiers in the house
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamsuskay(m): 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2019
Tina462:
Hello mummies...are you still spending expensively on your baby products while they will easily outgrow them... Spend less and save smartly when you shop @uniquemums on all our UK and German quality neatly used baby products ranging from car seat, baby cot, swing, breastpump, mamaroo, stroller, wooden cot and many more..

We also help mums sell off their babies outgrown neatly used products and get some cool cash in return but terms and conditions apply.......
Follow us on IG via
https://www.instagram.com/uniquemums

WhatsApp on 07034853820

create a forum for it on nairaland. i like the idea

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by glosun: 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
Try lipton without milk or sugar
CindyByFine:
Mamas,

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
divinemandate:
good morning mamas.
ranting period
boil is doing me strong thing from arm pit to ear and back to arm pit.
what I do na. ah

I don't take drugs for boil.i use hot omugwo kind of water to press it morning and night.you doc can recommend drugs for u.but this works for me very well within 3 days the boil has dried up
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2019
CindyByFine:
Mamas,

Get an automatic breast pump.
Again theres no award for breastfeeding. I know it's tough and depressing but please, formula feed if you're not lactating. Your baby will not love you less.

I am sorry for what you're going through

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2246) (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.