Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391545 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) (2253) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cocobutterman: 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
this is not only for you, but for all mums. i hope consumers have the correct knowledge.
Nimi22:

Is this reply meant for me? This post is almost a year old and the baby we were talking about was over a year then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by simplyglow: 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2019
Bibbzz:

5k for one
But if you’re buying all as a bundle
We can work something out

Location please?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by simplyglow: 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
My 6 month old seems to have cow milk allergy according to Dr. Google, I started her on nan and cereals or pap, then I noticed she was always restless after each feed, she starts itching non stop, her eyes and some parts of her skin turn red and sometimes rashes appears on some parts of her body, I also noticed her breathing also changes at times, until she vomits the food, then all symptoms disappears, so for now we are back to just breast milk and water. I don't know how we'll cope without formula. Has anyone experienced this before?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onaswu(f): 11:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
simplyglow:
My 6 month old seems to have cow milk allergy according to Dr. Google, I started her on nan and cereals or pap, then I noticed she was always restless after each feed, she starts itching non stop, her eyes and some parts of her skin turn red and sometimes rashes appears on some parts of her body, I also noticed her breathing also changes at times, until she vomits the food, then all symptoms disappears, so for now we are back to just breast milk and water. I don't know how we'll cope without formula. Has anyone experienced this before?

your child is allergic to cow milk. you can try plant based milk like soya or better still do away with all them give balance diet. your child may not even need cow milk if given balanced diet
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by giselle237: 6:15am On Sep 30, 2019
Sorry but you need to put the baby to breast... even though nothing is coming out so that the brain can send signal to the breast for the release of breast milk
Pls go all over and start again. As long as you carried his or her pregnancy breast milk will come out if you dont relent on putting the baby to breast.
If this is your first child, milk will come on the 3rd day most cases.
Ensure your child is latched on properly to your nipple and that you are sitting correctly. Put your baby to the breast, let the baby keep sucking on it even if you feel there is no milk in it.. the milk will come out
Pls do this the whole of today before the baby has hypoglycemia
CindyByFine:
Mamas,

Abeg make una help me oh.

My baby is 5 days old at the moment and till now, nothing is coming out from my breast....not colostrum talk more of breast milk.

Took palmwine today, used manual breast pump this night for 5 mins on each breast yet nothing.

Depression is about setting in on me oh. Urgent Help will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 7:42am On Sep 30, 2019
Rbae:

1. I don't have an idea cos i did mixed feeding.

2. BM gives my baby rashes too. It gives my friends baby eczema. Wipe once u notice breastmilk on her face.
Thanks mama Rbae. We now have plenty rash on the face and it's making her look dark. Wishing I had super powers to clear it and give her, the smooth face she came out with.
zaynie:

1. Probably something you ate.
The poop thickens as they grow older but since you are ebf, constipation is out of the way.
But be sure no one is sneaking food for her.

2. Use wet wipes to wipe her face before it dries. My kids get rashes on their neck if bm splashes on it. Dried bm can be quite glue-ey
Thanks mama Zaynie.
rvpbae:

Poop is supposed to smell, the change could be as a result of something you ate. I don't think it is something to worry about.

Since you know the cause of the rash, try to clean with wipes after feeding, that's what I did then. In my opinion, tiny face rashes are quite common in babies and would clear off, stop the tribotan and no need for cacatin. I never used cacatin sef, i don't know what it looks like.
Thanks mama.
Giddyperson:

I don't think there's anything wrong with smelly poop. My baby was EBF too and his poop always smells really bad tho he hardly poops.

For the rash, you should clean his face with a wet face towel whenever breastmilk touches it and you can use a little Agnesia powder on the rash or just ignore it. I don't think there's any need for medication.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CindyByFine(f): 7:49am On Sep 30, 2019
19CannyMum:

Don't be depressed.

Can't advice much so as not to give wrong advice, but even when when milk is flowing 5 minutes is usually not enough to pump.

Is your breast hard? Milk usually comes around 3rd day making the breast hard. Is baby latching properly?

Sometimes we don't even realise there's colostrum cos it's so tiny we think baby is sucking empty breast.

Hope baby is taking formula? Most important goal is not to breastfeed. Most important goal is mummy well, baby well.

Thanks dear... Used the breast pump again for like 15 mins on each breast and saw like two to three drops of colostrum and I was so excited.

Yeah, he has been on SMA PRO since day 2 and he just finished a tin this morning (approximately 1 week).
Thanks on your mummy well, baby well reminder. kiss kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CindyByFine(f): 7:53am On Sep 30, 2019
Awesomemama:

How is it now after the palm wine?
Don't know how effective the manual pump is because mine didn't help when I wasn't lactating, but continue to put baby to breast, that will help.
And drink ALOT of water
Don't be depressed mama, it will do you and baby no good

Thanks dear.
Don't know if the palm wine worked or not. I took a full bowl of pap with milk yesterday. Then massaged breast and pumped for 15 mins on each breast to get few drops of colostrum.

If you see me, see dance eh.
Am being optimistic that today will be better.... as I have been advised to find my appetite as I haven't been eating too well and also drink plenty water.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Toopee: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2019
Hello wonderful mummies, I have Salter Health fryer (Air fryer) for sale. Salter is a UK brand and you know their products are top notch. It’s 3.2 liters going for 18k . You can reach me on 0.8.0.2.9. 3.1.0.9.1.6.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by CindyByFine(f): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2019
giselle237:
Sorry but you need to put the baby to breast... even though nothing is coming out so that the brain can send signal to the breast for the release of breast milk
Pls go all over and start again. As long as you carried his or her pregnancy breast milk will come out if you dont relent on putting the baby to breast.
If this is your first child, milk will come on the 3rd day most cases.
Ensure your child is latched on properly to your nipple and that you are sitting correctly. Put your baby to the breast, let the baby keep sucking on it even if you feel there is no milk in it.. the milk will come out
Pls do this the whole of today before the baby has hypoglycemia

Thanks dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nooker: 11:28am On Sep 30, 2019
Good morning sabi mamas. Please does anyone know where i can car seat in Benin? Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2019
Lemonadewifey:

Thanks mama Rbae. We now have plenty rash on the face and it's making her look dark. Wishing I had super powers to clear it and give her, the smooth face she came out with.
Thanks mama Zaynie.
Thanks mama.
\

Uwc mama. The rashes will clear soon.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks to everyone that celebrated my boy, God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
comtem2011:
Thanks to everyone that celebrated my boy, god bless you all.
Happy belated birthday wishes to Olamide! God bless and keep him kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2019
Liftedhands:
Happy belated birthday wishes to Olamide! God bless and keep him kiss
Thanks my wonderful sis, I appreciate ma. How is my shiny star?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
comtem2011:
Thanks my wonderful sis, I appreciate ma. How is my shiny star?
He is very fine thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
Good afternoon mummies... Pls I have some worries /questions about my DS... I'm a ftm n I don't want to miss proper parenting.. DS is almost a year but while playing, he slaps so hard on the face n recently, he bites esp when he's restless from trying to sleep... I have done all I know to do, bite him back, hit him back, said no, even scolded him but he seems to forget n do it again... Very painful bites for that matter, n now when u want to hit him or when I loose it n scold him, I see fear all over him, he blinks several times n then starts to cry.... N goes really quiet... I need to pull him back again to make him jovial or something... I'm just worried so he doesn't go about biting people in his crèche but how do I do this without crushing his confidence(for lack of a better word)? Scolding abi shouting at him is making him act somehow(on days I don't spank him out of anger) Pls I'll be waiting for experienced mamas to help me chook mouth
Cc all sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Temitope009(f): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hello my people. Happy Independence Nigeria.
Check out my business promo launching giveaway.
https://www.nairaland.com/5408001/intending-bride-having-cold-feet#82157027

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hello mama's.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Allansmith: 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
Good Evening Mummies...

I have read through and decided to find help from experienced mothers...

I am worried about my almost 4 months daughter... she gets scared anytime she hears a loud sound...maybe when the volume of the TV gets loud or sometimes when one sneezes..she begins to carry until one pets her...

What can I do to help her stop or reduce this fear she has....
Worried parents.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
Allansmith:
Good Evening Mummies...

I have read through and decided to find help from experienced mothers...

I am worried about my almost 4 months daughter... she gets scared anytime she hears a loud sound...maybe when the volume of the TV gets loud or sometimes when one sneezes..she begins to carry until one pets her...

What can I do to help her stop or reduce this fear she has....
Worried parents.

She will outgrow it.Mine was like that cos our estate was always dead quite.He would panic and cry at the slightest noise.worst was on the child dedication day.
Seems you live in a very quiet area.

Soln is to get her accustomed to the noise.Eg.playing songs near her from your phone or your home theatre,take her around noisy area.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iyarainbow: 3:13am On Oct 02, 2019
Hello mummy's, pls I need urgent advice on this, gave birth through elective CS at 37weeks. My daughter was constipated the first day and was taking to the paediatric section for attention. Since we came home and the umbilical cord has fallen she has been having noisy stomach , do not sleep at night ,cries alot at night ,stretch when pooing .She is in her third week now. Pls I need advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 5:45am On Oct 02, 2019
iyarainbow:
Hello mummy's, pls I need urgent advice on this, gave birth through elective CS at 37weeks. My daughter was constipated the first day and was taking to the paediatric section for attention. Since we came home and the umbilical cord has fallen she has been having noisy stomach , do not sleep at night ,cries alot at night ,stretch when pooing .She is in her third week now. Pls I need advice.
It is colic. Google search "colic", or use the search button here on nairaland. A lot has been discussed on colic.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ffafolayan: 8:49am On Oct 02, 2019
Please, what do I do to my baby that seems not to be sucking again? I tried alternative feeding- using feeding bottle-and she does well with that. I don’t want her to abandon sucking, she’s just 10days.

Please, help a FTM...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 9:21am On Oct 02, 2019
iyarainbow:

Nothing is wrong with her.Its colic and mostly stops before 3 mths.

Make sure you burp(rubbing her back to belch)at intervals while sucking to release gas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ronnygold(f): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
Good day Mama's, please I have a newborn, she is over 2weeks and has catarrh, what can I use for her please, I have menthalatum in the house too, don't know how to use it. Please help a ftm. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
ffafolayan:
Please, what do I do to my baby that seems not to be sucking again? I tried alternative feeding- using feeding bottle-and she does well with that. I don’t want her to abandon sucking, she’s just 10days.

Please, help a FTM...

Express using breast pump and feed her with feeding bottle.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Maggiespecial(f): 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hello good evening my beautiful mummies
Please which one is the best between Cow and gate and SMA Gold for a new born baby??

A friend ask me and I don't know what to tell her.

Thank you as I look forward to your swift response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ronnygold:
Good day Mama's, please I have a newborn, she is over 2weeks and has catarrh, what can I use for her please, I have menthalatum in the house too, don't know how to use it. Please help a ftm. Thanks
Apply the mentholatum on her chest and on the bridge of her nose.... apply moderately
I use it for my little one too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

My mood. Thank God I have something that takes me out of the house, if not NL will just post about me.

Is well

#rantover

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
Maggiespecial:
Hello good evening my beautiful mummies
Please which one is the best between Cow and gate and SMA Gold for a new born baby??

A friend ask me and I don't know what to tell her.

Thank you as I look forward to your swift response

Whichever she can afford over a long term is best for her child. Formula is formula as long as it has no effect on the child.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ronnygold(f): 2:18am On Oct 03, 2019
Thank you mama
Luc97:

Apply the mentholatum on her chest and on the bridge of her nose.... apply moderately
I use it for my little one too

(1) (2) (3) ... (2247) (2248) (2249) (2250) (2251) (2252) (2253) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.