Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4423249 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) (2263) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 9:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
Oh thank you ma
LadySarah:

Pls just chose one btw ori/coconut oil.Your children have no biz with Skineal.

Even if your 'nurse ' tells you.Say no.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
Frozenelsa:

Iya Beji, it has been said here severally that skineal isn't good for baby's skin. Just use the Shea butter alone, coconut oil alone or mix both but pls, no skineal. kisses to the twins.
thank you ma I use coconut oil for my babies one Aunty just came from nowhere to introduce this mixture I just told her I’ve heard so I decide to learn more about it...now I know better

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
zaynie:
If you're moved, please donate to a good cause

https://www.nairaland.com/5419722/save-daughter-sight

Edited
Thank you all for the help.
A wonderful mom here linked us to an NGO that caters for such cases and her surgery will be free with them.
She will still need some money for post surgery care but we have stopped accepting donations.
If any donor wishes to withdraw her donations, please send me a message.
Thank you all and may we never lack.
Àmin.

Update
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Perra: 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
glimpse:

Congratulations mama,
I had this kind of tear too. Please continue with your sitzbath, it will eventually "glue" back. And please sit on a kitchen stool, it will be painful, but it also helps a lot.
Please, take care of yourself and baby.

Thanks a lot. Really hope so oo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wonyi: 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
barag:

We were told not to use mentholatum for babies cos it contains camphor and camphor is harmful to children, could even be lethal.

Please ma, how should we treat cough? Or what should we give to our Lovely Ones?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 8:31am On Oct 20, 2019
Surulady:
Thank you so much am still looking for one I actually got one from church just 2 days she’s already telling me she wants to bring her kids to spend the weekend with me I noticed she likes watching movie and she doesn’t come on time most times I’ve already finish cleaning my babies room and done all the washing before she comes I dont know how to put to work bcus I’ve already told her all I wanted a nanny for cryI feel so lonely I really wish I have a mother cry cry

Don't start what you can't continue sha. If she brings them 1/2 times and you then want to stop them, cud b a problem.although is this person supposed to be a help hired or she's just trying to assist you? If hired help, then calmly remind her of her duties and leave work for her to do instead of finishing it. Else she'd get used to not working. Eg leave the cloth washing for her, I don't know how much daily arrangement you do for babies room, leave it for her sometimes so she can start doing what you got her for.
God would send you the help that would greatly reduce your burden so you can be at peace.

People have different thoughts on this but if you're to get another anytime, don't tell them all their work is nanny work, tell them they'd assist you in house work sometimes. It doesn't mean they'd do all house work when they come but at least you can seek their help sometimes. Cos truth is, most times, the babies would be with you not them and you might need them to do sthng else.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Follyshowbaby: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hello mamas, Please can I start rubbing my 13 days old baby lotion? I've not been creaming for him and I noticed he's getting dark. any suggestion is welcomed. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
Mamas pls who has her baby received rota virus vaccine this October from a primary health center? If yes pls which phc is that? I have checked ambode phc and some others and they said the stock is finished.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
seunmarytemi:
my 4week old baby is having Carter, for past three days. I have been giving him vitamin C but is not going, he hardly sleep at night. What can I do?
I have silver bird at home but don't know how to use it
Sorry, you boil a full kettle of water, put in a bucket then put like two lil drops of silverbird. Carry your baby, cover your head with towel, let him inhale. You can also leave a drop or two of silverbird on your pillowcase, so that baby would inhale it. Don't let it come in contact with his skin. All this is just for temporary relief tho.

Your baby is very young and it might be infection in which case he would need antibiotics, take him to hospital so he doesn't get worse at home.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
hotmomma:
Mamas pls who has her baby received rota virus vaccine this October from a primary health center? If yes pls which phc is that? I have checked ambode phc and some others and they said the stock is finished.
In March or April this year, they told us they've stopped getting it for free at PHCs, I don't think it ever came back since then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
Anugod how far, is it MS that's dealing with you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2019
Giddyperson:

In March or April this year, they told us they've stopped getting it for free at PHCs, I don't think it ever came back since then.

Kai, so heartbreaking, thanks sis for this update.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by giselle237: 6:45am On Oct 21, 2019
First of all, u should always remember that babies are still very young and as such their immune system is still fragile. Their organs are still getting a hang of things which includes their lungs.
Learn to protect your babies until their immune system has fully developed.

For cough give vitamin c three times a day for 5-7 days.. it might be a simple and acute respiratory illness otherwise known as flu..... flu or common cold will resolve on its own.. just keep the child hydrated and well rested with vitamin C... if catarrh joins... u can do steam inhalation when necessary

if symptoms dont resolve and you also notice catarrh, noisy breathing, fast breathing, chest tightness, fever, restlessness or even coughing so hard that it interrupts feeding you should visit the hospital to see a child doctor

It maybe a viral, bacterial or fungal infection affecting any part of the respiratory system which includes the nostrils, mouth, tonsils, pharynx, larynx, bronchi, bronchioles, trachea or lungs

If no doctor has certified that its an infection of any of the above please don’t medicate the child on your own with antibiotics so that you do not further create dysbiosis through treating a non existent bacterial infection with antibiotics and hence weakening their immune system the more

wonyi:

Please ma, how should we treat cough? Or what should we give to our Lovely Ones?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2019
Follyshowbaby:
Hello mamas, Please can I start rubbing my 13 days old baby lotion? I've not been creaming for him and I noticed he's getting dark. any suggestion is welcomed. Thanks
if he is getting dark, then he is naturally dark. It is not the non-usage of lotion that is making him dark. You can however use any lotion formulated for babies like sebamed, chicco, Johnson, boots and the likes. Vaseline is also very good

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Follyshowbaby: 9:34am On Oct 21, 2019
lightedpath:
if he is getting dark, then he is naturally dark. It is not the non-usage of lotion that is making him dark. You can however use any lotion formulated for babies like sebamed, chicco, Johnson, boots and the likes. Vaseline is also very good

Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 10:15am On Oct 21, 2019
Surulady:
Thank you so much am still looking for one I actually got one from church just 2 days she’s already telling me she wants to bring her kids to spend the weekend with me I noticed she likes watching movie and she doesn’t come on time most times I’ve already finish cleaning my babies room and done all the washing before she comes I dont know how to put to work bcus I’ve already told her all I wanted a nanny for cryI feel so lonely I really wish I have a mother cry cry

Is this 'help' paid or free? If you are paying her, then lay down the rules HARD. Church sister or not, there is a reason you needed the help in the first place. If you are not paying her, then lay down the rules gently but firmly. Let her know her boundaries from the get go to avoid any unpleasantness later but make sure you try to get someone you are paying so you can relieve her of her 'help'.

As for her kids coming to spend weekend, that's a huge NO! Trust me, you do not need that kind of stress now. Don't start what you can't continue. It is not a sin to say 'No'.
And if at anytime, you feel overwhelmed by her such that you can't command or correct her, whether you are paying her or not, please let her go. E-hugs to you kiss

Sorry for the long post

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Owasgirl(f): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2019
Good afternoon and happy new week mothers.

I was told the immunization for 12 months is MMR and Chicken Pox. The hospital we've been using does not give. So we went to a private hospital to get the vaccines. After which we were booked for same immunization next month.

Please mothers is the vaccines suppose to be taken twice? I await your responds please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
Owasgirl:
Good afternoon and happy new week mothers.

I was told the immunization for 12 months is MMR and Chicken Pox. The hospital we've been using does not give. So we went to a private hospital to get the vaccines. After which we were booked for same immunization next month.

Please mothers is the vaccines suppose to be taken twice? I await your responds please.

Yes, twice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2019
Thank you ma,she was supposed to be a hired paid nanny but she doesn’t come on time most times she comes by 11or 12 pm wen ivdd Ed already done the essential things,I told her I want someone to assist me in house chores Generally but she only sits in my room and watch movies then carry baby when anyone is awake...as for pay she refuse to tell how much she wld like to be paid so we c can negotiate...giving her 1k everyday for tfare I decide to stop because am not getting what I want and the initiation of 1k everyday the day I won’t give might end up to somethin else.. thank you for giving me clue now I know what to tell the next I will get quote author=Fyngal1 post=83328269]

Is this 'help' paid or free? If you are paying her, then lay down the rules HARD. Church sister or not, there is a reason you needed the help in the first place. If you are not paying her, then lay down the rules gently but firmly. Let her know her boundaries from the get go to avoid any unpleasantness later but make sure you try to get someone you are paying so you can relieve her of her 'help'.

As for her kids coming to spend weekend, that's a huge NO! Trust me, you do not need that kind of stress now. Don't start what you can't continue. It is not a sin to say 'No'.
And if at anytime, you feel overwhelmed by her such that you can't command or correct her, whether you are paying her or not, please let her go. E-hugs to you kiss

Sorry for the long post[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2019
Surulady:
Thank you ma,she was supposed to be a hired paid nanny but she doesn’t come on time most times she comes by 11or 12 pm wen ivdd Ed already done the essential things,I told her I want someone to assist me in house chores Generally but she only sits in my room and watch movies then carry baby when anyone is awake...as for pay she refuse to tell how much she wld like to be paid so we c can negotiate...giving her 1k everyday for tfare I decide to stop because am not getting what I want and the initiation of 1k everyday the day I won’t give might end up to somethin else.. thank you for giving me clue now I know what to tell the next I will get
Inukwa cheesy, you did not explain the job description well. For the next one, explain that you're looking for house keeper but that she would also help you hold baby sometimes. She is supposed to be permanently stationed at the kitchen or wherever the bulk of the work is, then called into your room occasionally when needed. You can pay her a little higher than the normal salary cuz she'd b combining chores with baby. Always discuss salary well. This lady now would be watching tv like she's doing you a favour until month end when she'd hit you with the bill.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
lightedpath:

Most dark babies come out fair.It doesnt mean they will be fair.Your baby's color is changing to the real one.Dont be tempted,taught Or persuaded to use anything on it.

Your pocket will tell You which cream to use.There are so many of them.

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 10:29am On Oct 22, 2019
LadySarah:

Most dark babies come out fair.It doesnt mean they will be fair.Your baby's color is changing to the real one.Dont be tempted,taught Or persuaded to use anything on it.

Your pocket will tell You which cream to use.There are so many of them.

Congratulations
guess you quoted wrongly.

This is for @Follyshowbaby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by April2525: 10:40am On Oct 22, 2019
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
Surulady:
Thank you ma,she was supposed to be a hired paid nanny but she doesn’t come on time most times she comes by 11or 12 pm wen ivdd Ed already done the essential things,I told her I want someone to assist me in house chores Generally but she only sits in my room and watch movies then carry baby when anyone is awake...as for pay she refuse to tell how much she wld like to be paid so we c can negotiate...giving her 1k everyday for tfare I decide to stop because am not getting what I want and the initiation of 1k everyday the day I won’t give might end up to somethin else.. thank you for giving me clue now I know what to tell the nextt

Hmm. You nice sha! My advice: ditch her. FAST cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Owasgirl(f): 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
rvpbae:

Yes, twice.

Alright. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
HELLO MUMS..PLS HELP ..PLS I NEED A GOOD HAIR GROWTH CREAM FOR MY DD..
I FEEL BAD I VNT DONE SOMETHING ABOUT HER SCANTY BACK HAIR BEFORE NOW,.

HER BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP AND I WANT TO COVER UP HER BALD BACK HAIR..LOL

PLUS CAN I USE ADULT EDGE CONTROL FOR HAIR FRONT HAIR?.THNKS
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
Beatswim:
Pls mothers in the house thanks for this great job.. God bless u all.. Pls i have a male child of 11month with a chronic nasal blockage... he has difficulty in breathing when sleeping... And his nose keeps running through the whole day... His Though his mum is a nurse... We have administered so many catarrh and cold drugs to no avail.. We thought its a teething process for the past 3weeks now. No new teeth yet and No changes.. Medical practitioners here Pls kindly advice on this pls
Pls see an ENT expert.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
Follyshowbaby:
Not by cream,pickin wey go dark go dark.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2019
Giddyperson:
Anugod how far, is it MS that's dealing with you.
How did I miss this mention Ms is packing up now but I sleep like a drunkard these days at work embarassed embarassed
Thankfully my stress level has diminished cos I got a young girl to stay with me for now. But I need cure to stop embarrassing my family name embarassed embarassed with drunken sleeping at work everyday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missyblissy: 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
hotmomma:

It's in Apapa Health Centre but you will pay for it at a cheaper rate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
missyblissy:

It's in Apapa Health Centre but you will pay for it at a cheaper rate

Thanks dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 1:41am On Oct 23, 2019
unex50:
HELLO MUMS..PLS HELP ..PLS I NEED A GOOD HAIR GROWTH CREAM FOR MY DD..
I FEEL BAD I VNT DONE SOMETHING ABOUT HER SCANTY BACK HAIR BEFORE NOW,.

HER BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP AND I WANT TO COVER UP HER BALD BACK HAIR..LOL

PLUS CAN I USE ADULT EDGE CONTROL FOR HAIR FRONT HAIR?.THNKS
how old is your daughter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) (2263) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.