Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,837 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400998 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutewifey: 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2019
Awesomemama:

I experienced same when I had my son
Think I didn't see my period for almost 40days too after the 1st flow.
Complained at the hospital and I was advised to give it time after a PT was done, cause according to them breastfeeding messes up our system. Was also asked to report back at the hospital if it doesn't come in 3months.
Hope this helps
very helpful, thank you for replying, hope it shows up soon

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2019
wonyi:

Thanks. Her paediatrician says I shouldn't use powder on her rash. She has rash on her neck. Please what should I do?
Don't cover her too much when the weather isn't cold. And buy baby tribotan for the rash, use very little at a time for her neck

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
Thank you mamas for the wishes and prayers kiss kiss kiss God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 5:10am On Oct 16, 2019
wonyi:

Actually I was told when baby was born not to use powder that it triggers asthma.

I asked my neighbours and I was told to use powder. I haven't complained about the rash. Forgot when I went to the hospital
Well my pead said this when I had my baby too. I don't use powder though.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cutewifey: 5:10am On Oct 16, 2019
Awesomemama:

I experienced same when I had my son
Think I didn't see my period for almost 40days too after the 1st flow.
Complained at the hospital and I was advised to give it time after a PT was done, cause according to them breastfeeding messes up our system. Was also asked to report back at the hospital if it doesn't come in 3months.
Hope this helps
very helpful, thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wowdiva: 5:12am On Oct 16, 2019
wonyi:

No ,in PH
OK I doubt if you will get that there. You can use baby tribotan.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 6:18am On Oct 16, 2019
Giddyperson:

Why did Giddyperson cross the road cheesy

Happy birthday to Adele @Kelizosuy
Bad behaviour elimininates fear cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nobledeals(f): 11:18am On Oct 16, 2019
Surulady:
Good day mummies,how are our LOs doing,pls my senior colleagues,how long does this yellow poo last? My babies pass this poo like 4times daily thou not much but am concerned about it.

Please is there anyone here using this tommee Tippee bottle sterilizer? I see as a waste of money because I felt it won’t work as expected..please anyone that has used it shld enlighten me....

Mamas that had twins pls how did you cope without a nanny .. my review with my Dr has not been pleasant..like am loosing it angry angry

Sis, sorry it is not easy. You need help please. I suggest you talk to your hubby and you guys should bring in a sibling that is within control able age, maybe just finished secondary school.

What is helping me is my apprentices. They are really trying plus I have a 'humble' and hardworking sister in-law. Despite that, I still feel tired. Please get help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
Halcyon123:
0Happy birthday dearie, may the Lord bless and keep you. Happy birthday Akorede may the Lord bless and keep you @ zaynie.

Amen and amen.
Thank you ma'am

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hello great mother's just like yesterday my princess is a year old help me celebrate with her

Thanks so much great mothers for your well wishes we deeply appreciate

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2019
Mama Zaynie happy belated birthday to Akorede I can remember she was my baby's EDD mate grin

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
Aitee1:
Hello great mother's just like yesterday my princess is a year old help me celebrate with her
happy birthday cutie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Davola123(m): 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2019
What an insightful thread. I've learnt so much. Thank you.

For our mothers that want to get back to figure 1 or figure 8 shape even while you sleep, then SleepTrim was made just for you.
See details below

FEATURES AND BENEFITS

• Helps the body relax mentally and physically with a Relaxation Blend of botanicals, including magnesium, L-theanine, passionflower and chamomile*
• Helps the body fall asleep, stay asleep and wake up refreshed with an extended release technology that delivers melatonin in two stages throughout the night*
• Helps the body burn calories naturally while you sleep with a non-stimulating metabolic-boosting pepper blend*
• Non-dairy, non-GMO and naturally gluten-free
• No artificial colors, yeast, sugar or sweeteners, soy, wheat or preservatives; Vegetarian capsules

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
Thank you so much am still looking for one I actually got one from church just 2 days she’s already telling me she wants to bring her kids to spend the weekend with me I noticed she likes watching movie and she doesn’t come on time most times I’ve already finish cleaning my babies room and done all the washing before she comes I dont know how to put to work bcus I’ve already told her all I wanted a nanny for cryI feel so lonely I really wish I have a mother cry cry
nobledeals:

Sis, sorry it is not easy. You need help please. I suggest you talk to your hubby and you guys should bring in a sibling that is within control able age, maybe just finished secondary school.

What is helping me is my apprentices. They are really trying plus I have a 'humble' and hardworking sister in-law. Despite that, I still feel tired. Please get help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oggg: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2019
Wow this is bad. Please sorry.
You should not be going through this
Childbirth already is a stress on its own... now post partum blues or depression is about to come knocking with these kind behaviors all your helpers are exhibiting.
Have you tired talking to your husband? You need someone to get it into their skull that you are tired and need ‘genuine’ help with the babies ...
At this point you need to get a nanny that you pay.
Surulady:
Thank you so much am still looking for one I actually got one from church just 2 days she’s already telling me she wants to bring her kids to spend the weekend with me I noticed she likes watching movie and she doesn’t come on time most times I’ve already finish cleaning my babies room and done all the washing before she comes I dont know how to put to work bcus I’ve already told her all I wanted a nanny for cryI feel so lonely I really wish I have a mother cry cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2019
Rbae:

My son was coughing few months ago too. I massage his body with hot water especially his chest 2ce daily. Gave him vit C only and I keep him warm too, naso d cold waka jeejee o.

Mama....Thanks jare. I think its the weather. The cough disappeared the day we got to the hospital

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2019
Good day mummies please I need my senior colleagues to help me out,I noticed my babies cry so aggressively for 2days now like they are feeling pains somewhere they don’t sleep at night I don’t know what exactly the problem is,I’ve given them all their necessary medications but they still cry like that..pls help me out..

Please for my senior colleagues that gave birth thru cs how do one get back the tummy dou it’s down but still kinda big...

Can I use coconut oil as hair oil for my babies or which oil is good for babies hair,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oggg: 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2019
For the babies pains.. it might be gas trapped in their abdomen usually from sucking. Try to ensure the nipple covers the mouth adequately so that baby doesn’t keep sucking in air.
Also make sure that you put them to burp before laying them flat
If they don’t still get relief, then place them on their tummy in a position called the frog position. This would help some of the gas escape from their butt as fart and give them relief. They will sleep better in this position.
But the key is to make sure they belch after each feeding. You can burp after nursing from one breast before switching to the next breast

For the hair, any essential oil is good.. coconut, argan, olive, castor .. any essential oil will do
Surulady:
Good day mummies please I need my senior colleagues to help me out,I noticed my babies cry so aggressively for 2days now like they are feeling pains somewhere they don’t sleep at night I don’t know what exactly the problem is,I’ve given them all their necessary medications but they still cry like that..pls help me out..

Please for my senior colleagues that gave birth thru cs how do one get back the tummy dou it’s down but still kinda big...

Can I use coconut oil as hair oil for my babies or which oil is good for babies hair,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 7:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
Mumaraoluwa:
he isn't eating well at all, another problem. No matter what I try to give. He runs away be it swallow,pap, rice, noodles. I even just.bought frisogold for him. Same story
sorry about that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Exhilarated(f): 8:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
Good evening sabi mamas. I started using aveeno baby body wash and cream for my baby sometime last month and after a few days, I noticed severe rashes on his body which eventually turned to eela. I discontinued the use and treated the eela. As soon as I noticed that it had stopped I started again last week. Now I can see that the rashes is back. Could it be that my baby reacts to aveeno products or could it be a coincidence? I'm surprised considering the good reviews I've read here. Has anyone had any such experience?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2019
Mzleemah:
happy birthday cutie

Thanks we appreciate

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 9:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
Surulady:

For the hair if it's thick use Shea butter so it will be soft when you want to comb coconut oil is still good but Shea butter soften the hair fast

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 12:18am On Oct 17, 2019
forzarush:
sorry about that
thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 4:50am On Oct 17, 2019
peggygee:
Tnks ma. They gave me the penicillin in the hospital.

Don't apply anything. A woman asked on FB (Ask d paediatrician)and this is d Dr's response

Ma'am,

Do not worry about it. It will heal & no need to apply anything on it, just keep observing & if you should notice any swelling or pus go back to the hospital.

#ATPMODER
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aim07(f): 4:56am On Oct 17, 2019
Exhilarated:
Good evening sabi mamas. I started using aveeno baby body wash and cream for my baby sometime last month and after a few days, I noticed severe rashes on his body which eventually turned to eela. I discontinued the use and treated the eela. As soon as I noticed that it had stopped I started again last week. Now I can see that the rashes is back. Could it be that my baby reacts to aveeno products or could it be a coincidence? I'm surprised considering the good reviews I've read here. Has anyone had any such experience?
It's very possible that your baby is reacting to aveeno products. The fact that it's a product doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Stop it for now, you may try using natural products on his skin and see how it goes.

Other mamas will contribute too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:15am On Oct 17, 2019
colic. Please search the thread for remedies for them. It usually passes in a few months.

Give yourself time to heal before worrying about your tummy. After your 6 weeks post partum check you can ask the doctor if you can start light exercises. It will go down with a healthy diet and working out

Coconut oil is fine

Surulady:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cutemarvel(f): 9:11am On Oct 17, 2019
Exhilarated:
Mama aveeno soap worked for us but the cream, I don't think it's ok for Nigerian weather. The cream is too thick and makes them sweat easily.

We used the cream ourself and used coconut oil as cream
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
peggygee:
My baby of 3weeks has catarrh n cough, pls can I give vital c? I applied mentholatum on my breast to help relieve the nose for him. Pls momas help
We were told not to use mentholatum for babies cos it contains camphor and camphor is harmful to children, could even be lethal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jummyteetoo: 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Good afternoon momma's,am a ft mum,I just put to bed 3wks ago but breast refuse to supply enough milk (low lactation),and I have tried different means but it still the same.pls can you help me out lovely momma's,i have been drinking hot water,tea,pap, breast massage with hot water,drank mamalait but it just coming in a drop,plsssss help me o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 3:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
hunniesuzie:
colic. Please search the thread for remedies for them. It usually passes in a few months.

Give yourself time to heal before worrying about your tummy. After your 6 weeks post partum check you can ask the doctor if you can start light exercises. It will go down with a healthy diet and working out

Coconut oil is fine.. Noted thank you ma

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2019
Someone shared what she used to aid supply though I have not tried it out cos am not breastfeeding at the moment. Maybe it might work for you. Get beans and grind to powder form. Then you get washed bitter leaf and boil it. Mix the beans powder with cold water and pour the boiled bitter leaf water in the beans mixture and stir. Add honey and take. You make it just the way you make pap. Hope dis helps.
Jummyteetoo:
Good afternoon momma's,am a ft mum,I just put to bed 3wks ago but breast refuse to supply enough milk (low lactation),and I have tried different means but it still the same.pls can you help me out lovely momma's,i have been drinking hot water,tea,pap, breast massage with hot water,drank mamalait but it just coming in a drop,plsssss help me o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Exhilarated(f): 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
Aim07:

It's very possible that your baby is reacting to aveeno products. The fact that it's a product doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Stop it for now, you may try using natural products on his skin and see how it goes.

Other mamas will contribute too

Thank you mama. I'll switch back to the ori and coconut oil I was using since his birth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.