Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411281 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2268) (2269) (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
luciouscookie:
Baby 5 months is seriously vomiting after taking Aptimil for the first time, she looks so weak, please what do I do?
Help a first time mum biko.

If so looks so weak like you said, you need a doctor to examine her. She must have lost some amount of body fluid from the vomiting hence the weakness
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
luciouscookie:
Baby 5 months is seriously vomiting after taking Aptimil for the first time, she looks so weak, please what do I do?

Then discontinue the aptamil. Her system obviously disagrees with it. She has probably lost system fluids/ electrolytes. Pls breastfeed as often to replace lost fluids.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2019
Lillianade:
Hi please listen to my story

I have a newborn and I am currently going through post parting depression which has weighed me down a lot over the few months. My mother in law is staying with us to help.

I cant say i totally understand what ppd is but i know how horrible i felt after i had my first baby. The first few weeks were terrible and you see that nipple pain ehn, nothing prepared me for it.

My dear sister, for your sanity, pls ignore mil oh. I dont know the kind of person you are but as a mother you have to be stern now cos this is just the beginning of the many unwanted opinions and advices you would be getting.

I am not someone to talk back, i ignore but i will still do my mind. I would ignore then make sure you watch me do the opposite. The highest that would happen is she will pack her bags go.

In the interim, you can get lansinoh nipple cream and watch youtube videos on how to achieve a good latch. But know that as you continue breastfeeding, the pain would stop.

It will end well. Protect your mental space.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luciouscookie: 12:36am On Nov 18, 2019
rvpbae:

Then discontinue the aptamil. Her system obviously disagrees with it. She has probably lost system fluids/ electrolytes. Pls breastfeed as often to replace lost fluids.
Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luciouscookie: 12:37am On Nov 18, 2019
angeltolly:

If so looks so weak like you said, you need a doctor to examine her. She must have lost some amount of body fluid from the vomiting hence the weakness
Thank you so much.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by harisclub: 11:25am On Nov 18, 2019
what is the difference between SMA Gold and SMA Pro baby formula? experience mums pls respond
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blacma(f): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
Pls mama what can I eat to boost my pcv .l'm 8months pregnant with twins.. Pls help is very low ..it's 28%
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
I’m also going through postpartum depression but not on babies feeding I thank God my babies are feeding well during d day I made sure I breastfeed them more with formula maybe twice but at night I go with formula with less breast feeding and they sleep well..even wen sis in-law says give them I will tell her pls help me give them food I don’t have strength I want to rest small ; lipsrsealed I no get power biko....that baby is your child start taking your decision toward that child now else you won’t have a say later on they will be deciding for you on what to do with your child.....take charge and work on yourself
Lillianade:
Hi please listen to my story

I have a newborn and I am currently going through post parting depression which has weighed me down a lot over the few months. My mother in law is staying with us to help. Now with breastfeeding, it has really not been easy. I am in constant pain, It has physically drained me out and I also thinking it was contributing to my depression. When it’s time for breastfeeding, I would constantly cry and it was making me resent my beautiful child. Sometimes as a new mum you just feel like there’s nothing in the world apart from your breast and your baby, it was making me very miserable along with the other postpartum stress I have to deal with. I was just overwhelmed by everything. So I have decided to give my baby formula and at first I felt bad, but I noticed an immediate relief off my shoulders and my mood began to rise. My husband was also able to help me with feeding and I was just relieved.

Since I’ve started formula feeding my mil has been so abusive towards me. Calling me lazy, saying that I want to do shakara hence why I’m not breastfeeding. Calling me selfish and all sorts all because I don’t want to ‘compromise’ my sanity for breastfeeding. She also speaks in her native language (husband and I are from different tribes) saying all manners of things, all because I have switched to formula. I have discussed this issue with my husband, and he has tried to be supportive however he is just trying to please both of us, and he is encouraging me to do exclusive breastfeeding despite everything that I have been going through. He claims it’s the best for our baby. Now I’m back to square one and I’m just feeling so down, worn out and stressed. I just don’t know what to do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
Pls mums that had their LO’s through cs...when did you stop seeing blood..mine stopped before 41days and started again 2 was ago it’s stopped last week and on started it started again but not much...any cause to see my doctor?or what can I do?lastly when is safe to start the oza rum ministry again....am kinda scared grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
mamas pls help..my dd fell off the bed..i have massaged her body with hot water, and given paracetamol, what else can i do cuz she was crying at night..And now the minder in creche just called that she vomitted this afternoon..could it be teething...or the fall..shes almost a year old.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
Surulady:
Pls mums that had their LO’s through cs...when did you stop seeing blood..mine stopped before 41days and started again 2 was ago it’s stopped last week and on started it started again but not much...any cause to see my doctor?or what can I do?lastly when is safe to start the oza rum ministry again....am kinda scared grin grin

for the oza room wait till six weeks after your blood flow stops and your doctor certifies you ok.
for the blood, i think you should just go with the flow, it will stop when it will stop but you can ask your doc.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Harbeetheymee: 6:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
[color=#550000][/color]prepare pumpkin leave with pepper stew but don't let the pumpkin leave stay more than two mins after frying ur stew.
Blacma:
Pls mama what can I eat to boost my pcv .l'm 8months pregnant with twins.. Pls help is very low ..it's 28%
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
Blacma:

Garden egg leave your best bet as it has many positive reviews on the pregnancy thread. You should check it out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Orekegold: 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
I read garden egg leaf works magic. Wash clean and eat raw or blend and drink.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oxypress: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2019
unex50:
mamas pls help..my dd fell off the bed..i have massaged her body with hot water, and given paracetamol, what else can i do cuz she was crying at night..And now the minder in creche just called that she vomitted this afternoon..could it be teething...or the fall..shes almost a year old.
Answer PartA: Falling off beds by little babies needs to be taken seriously because it may cause head injury if the head is involved. Now you have two signals you can not wish away: 1) unwarranted crying, 2) unwarranted vomiting. More signs of injuries may be present. Massaging with hot water for a possible head trauma is not a treatment. The baby needs to be examined by a hospital physician.
To know more about babies falling off the bed read this: https://www.healthline.com/health/parenting/baby-fell-off-bed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adequate459: 11:55am On Nov 19, 2019
Hello lovely mommas,
My baby girl of 5 months has heat rashes on her forehead and back side though it's because of this heat o
Please what's the remedy,she uses Shea butter and olive oil as body cream.
Moreover ,what can i use to soften her hair for the fact that i use shea butter on her wet hair with big comb,she still cries.
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franashi(f): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
franashi:
yes, it does that wa ehat i used to boost mine
Orekegold:
I read garden egg leaf works magic. Wash clean and eat raw or blend and drink.

yes, it does that was what i used to boost mine
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
Adequate459:
Hello lovely mommas,
My baby girl of 5 months has heat rashes on her forehead and back side though it's because of this heat o
Please what's the remedy,she uses Shea butter and olive oil as body cream.
Moreover ,what can i use to soften her hair for the fact that i use shea butter on her wet hair with big comb,she still cries.
Thank you

Truth is contrary to popular opinion, shea butter on its own does nothing to soften or improve hair texture. It doesnt moisturize the hair. You need a good leave-in conditioner and something to seal hair mositure.

In this hot weather, in my opinion, ori and olive oil might be too heavy on the skin. The weather is just tooooo hot. You can use agnesia powder for the rashes

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adequate459: 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
rvpbae:

Truth is contrary to popular opinion, shea butter on its own does nothing to soften or improve hair texture. It doesnt moisturize the hair. You need a good leave-in conditioner and something to seal hair mositure.

In this hot weather, in my opinion, ori and olive oil might be too heavy on the skin. The weather is just tooooo hot. You can use agnesia powder for the rashes

@rvpbae thank you.
Please can you recommend any leave in hair conditioner
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
Surulady:

Your period is back oohhh.please play safe
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
angeltolly:

Garden egg leave your best bet as it has many positive reviews on the pregnancy thread. You should check it out
I learnt 3crowns milk and tin tomato z another super booster.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexymomiyo(f): 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
Please o mothers in the house,help a FTM.My newborn has some thing like eczema on his forehead.please what can I apply to clear it,baby is 8weeks old. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2019
Good evening mummies.who can tell me mummy Zaynie's home remedy for cough?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
ahnie:

Doctors strongly advise against this

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
ahnie:

Tho i have someone who has used sachet tomatoes for boosting blood but she wasn't pregnant.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by labasulla(f): 2:51am On Nov 20, 2019
Blacma:

Garden egg leaves worked for me.
Last month I was 27% one of the mama in Pregnancy group mentioned it. You are to squeeze it and take the juice. I did another test on Saturday I was at 33%

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ronnygold(f): 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
Good day mamas.

Breast milk comes out of my 2months old baby when after feeding. What can I do please? It scares me alot because she is always uncomfortable any time it happens. Please help a FTM.

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chimzy09(f): 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ronnygold:
Good day mamas.

Breast milk comes out of my 2months old baby when after feeding. What can I do please? It scares me alot because she is always uncomfortable any time it happens. Please help a FTM.

Thank you

Out of the nose or where? If it’s the nose, there’s no cause for alarm, it’s spit up missing it’s way into the nose (some babies take a while to differentiate their windpipe from their oesophagus)...Just make sure baby is not overfed, burp baby after feeding and keep upright for a while afterwards. It happened 4 times from the day my DD was born till she turned a little over a month old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaotanleye(m): 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mother Care Baby Cot, With Bassinet For Sale.

Lagos

Slightly Negotiable

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missyblissy: 4:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
luciouscookie:

There are two aptamil in the market. Which one did you give your baby. If you change her milk please kindly continue with the previous one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missyblissy: 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
Blacma:

Drink vegatable water and eat unripe plantain porridge garnish with fish. Thank me later
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missyblissy: 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Surulady:

Allow your body to heal ooooo. For me I wait for three months to avoid stories that touch. Make. The stitch no open. Please heal ooooo. I didn't count the days but I took more than a month and I saw my period 4 months later

(1) (2) (3) ... (2268) (2269) (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.