Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,453 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410428 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Asey(f): 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2019
rvpbae:

My son got the plastibell. On the first day, it was swollen but not outrageously and the nurse told me to watch it that if it gets bigger or if i notice the ring is really tight, i should come back to the hospital immediately.

Since we can't see to ascertain how swollen it is, pls go back to the hospital or ask an experienced mama around u.

All the best.

Please, did your son cry a lot too. We had our procedure about 6 hours ago. He did not cry initially. He started crying (high pitched cry) about 2 hours ago and just slept off. Is this normal with the plastibell? Could it be that the ring is too tight?

I am typing in tears Ma. Please respond.

Other sabi Mamas should please chook mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2019
Asey:

Please, did your son cry a lot too. We had our procedure about 6 hours ago. He did not cry initially. He started crying (high pitched cry) about 2 hours ago and just slept off. Is this normal with the plastibell? Could it be that the ring is too tight?

Totally normal. Circumcision is very painful but by tomorrow he would be better. No baths for today.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ruthiegal: 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
Giddyperson:

Pele, cattarh is one terrible sickness. GB had it as a newborn too. You'll have to really convince a doctor if not its vitamin C and dismissal. Next time you go, tell them you came to run test for infection cuz of 2 week cattahr. If the test comes out positive they would prescribe safe antibiotics for her age, if there's no infection, then you'll just have to continue home remedy until it abates. Please no self medication, your baby is still too young.
Okay thanks momma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Asey(f): 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
rvpbae:

Totally normal. Circumcision is very painful but by tomorrow he would be better. No baths for today.

Thanks MA.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
Surulady:
Pls mums that had their LO’s through cs...when did you stop seeing blood..mine stopped before 41days and started again 2 was ago it’s stopped last week and on started it started again but not much...any cause to see my doctor?or what can I do?lastly when is safe to start the oza rum ministry again....am kinda scared grin grin

Nne its your period.It is irregular for nw and might delay or come suddenly.
play safe grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
Asey:
My sisters please help ooo.

I need a little clarification.

1. I want to know if it's true that dropping breastmilk on a baby's eyes makes the eyes white and guards against infections.
NB: Baby's eyes has no problem.

2. Also, how true is it that dropping breast milk on a baby's circumcised penis will make it heal fast.

Mother -in-law feels it's the best and I have to do it.

Please advice

Haaa God!Bm that is food !Its false pls.
They also said drop on the nails to soften n break it instead of cutting it.

It will remsin to bath them with it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2019
Asey:

Its normal to cry nah,a piece of skin was removed.Just try to make him as comfy as possible and breastfeed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Asey(f): 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2019
LadySarah:

It will remsin to bath them with it.

Thank you sis.
I pray for knowledge to cope with this situation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franashi(f): 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2019
[the breast milk on the nails to soften it is true i do that often and for the eyes own i have also done that for two of my kids but for the circumcision, i don't know. I used olive oil very 4 hours until it healed. quote author=LadySarah post=84308443]

It will remsin to bath them with it.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2019
People of God
We are 3 weeks old today
My baby is literally glued to my boobs all day and night
I am just wondering if this is what it is supposed to be.
I have tried to express so I can get a little rest from non stop breastfeeding but I am not really getting much. I do think I am unable to get much milk due to the pump I am using cos when baby is sucking, you can hear her swallowing like she gulped a gallon of water and when she removes her mouth, you’d see milk leaking.

I am just physically exhausted and tired

I just need reassurance that this phase of non stop feeding will pass.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:49am On Nov 25, 2019
gratefulme40:
People of God
We are 3 weeks old today
I have tried to express so I can get a little rest from non stop breastfeeding but I am not really getting much. I do think I am unable to get much milk due to the pump I am using cos when baby is sucking, you can hear her swallowing like she gulped a gallon of water and when she removes her mouth, you’d see milk leaking.

If you can't cope please buy formula, cuz they would suck more as they grow older. Or you buy a good electric breast pump, and start pumping religiously. Me I did EBF without breast pump and i had to breastfeed every 45mins-1 hour. Sometimes they can as far as two hours if you're not home but anything more you'd come home to a wailing baby. Long story short, if your baby has a big appetite, EBF would feel like you spent an entire 6 months doing nothing but breastfeeding, unless you get a good breast pump.

Also since you're sure she's getting enough milk, its not every time she cries that she needs to be breastfed, sometimes just let her dad or someone else carry her.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ruthiegal: 8:07am On Nov 25, 2019
gratefulme40:
People of God
We are 3 weeks old today

My boy is three weeks old today ... we do breast milk and formular too coz he eats too much and It gets so crazy for me atimes coz I’m a cs mom and I have none to assist me for now as my mom as not been able to come . I remember coming here to ask if I could give him formular ... it’s well with us

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 9:55am On Nov 25, 2019
LadySarah:

Nne its your period.It is irregular for nw and might delay or come suddenly.
play safe grin grin grin
chia this period no get sympathy at all me that thought I would rest for months before buying sanitary pads again shocked shocked sad thank sis I will play over safe sef to avoid story that touch grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cutemarvel(f): 10:06am On Nov 25, 2019
gratefulme40:
People of God
We are 3 weeks old today

Mama, sorry about the exhaustion. There's no assurance that it gets better because as they grow bigger they eat more.

I did ebf, and what worked for me is to feed immediately after I've eaten. I don't feed him when am hungry because it's a waste of time, he will keep sucking and will not be filled. This makes my boy gets filled within 10mins. The challenge is that breast milk digest easily which makes them go hungry quickly.
If it's exhausting substitute with formula or buy a good electric breast pump. So your baby don't go hungry and you can also have time to rest.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 10:44am On Nov 25, 2019
Giddyperson:

Does she go to creche. Keep her away for a while and the cough would disappear.
No ma she doesn't.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SimpleLuxuries: 11:02am On Nov 25, 2019
ayobarmy:
Hi @all, thanks for always beeing there, may the good Lord continue to be with you all IJN(amen)........ Pls i need sum1 to clear this for me, can sex affect breast milk supply,/what causes low milk supply in nursing mother??

Sex won't affect the supply.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SimpleLuxuries: 11:04am On Nov 25, 2019
gratefulme40:
People of God
We are 3 weeks old today

Pele mummy. It will pass eventually. Hope breastfeeding him isn't painful for you. Eat well, rest as much as you can (sleep when he is sleeping) and if you have someone helping you try to make out time for yourself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 12:28pm On Nov 25, 2019
Good afternoon great mums.. Pls who here have seen or experience birthing a child with low birth weight?... I gave birth to my baby girl on 29th October weighing 1.5kg...today she is weighing 1.9kg.pls I need tips on how to make her grow fat.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MzEmeritus: 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2019
Good day everyone.... How are our new mum's doing plus those old mamas

Pls we would be 6 months next month plus am on EBF can I get ideas on what to introduce to my little bibty... Can we start with cereal or just straight to semi solid or puree... Pls I need ideas on maybe nice cereals to start with....

Zaynie, missyblissy, nurse kaffy, (oops can't really remember other names) ...hope we're all good sha

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
futuremoma34:
Good afternoon great mums.. Pls who here have seen or experience birthing a child with low birth weight?... I gave birth to my baby girl on 29th October weighing 1.5kg...today she is weighing 1.9kg.pls I need tips on how to make her grow fat.
Seeing as they can only take breast milk and formula, I don't think there's much to do except feed regularly. Let me tag liftedhands, there's the other mama i'd like to tag but her moniker is not coming to my head now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missyblissy: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
MzEmeritus:

Pls we would be 6 months next month plus am on EBF can I get ideas on what to introduce to my little bibty... Can we start with cereal or just straight to semi solid or puree... Pls I need ideas on maybe nice cereals to start with....

Zaynie, missyblissy, nurse kaffy, (oops can't really remember other names) ...hope we're all good sha

A'm good ooo. We will be 6months Dec 1. I started giving her rice and oat gerber cereal at 4months but stopped and continued with pap. She will take oat cereal at 6months continuously. I give her fruit puree and I introduce small egg yolk yesterday to her. At 6momths I will mix the egg yolk with her pap. I also her pudding. Egg custard pudding, cream porridge (she no like this one) blend rice and banana and add milk and give her. Blend egg yolk and Avacado and give her.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2019
MzEmeritus:

You must not start with cereals. And even if you want to start with cereals, then buy one at a time. E.g, buy cereals and wait for her to finish it, and if she seemed to like it you can buy it again, and if she didn't, you can try a different one. Don't start off with three different brands at once unless you like to eat baby food cheesy

You can also just ignore cereals and start with purees and semisolids, blended bananas, Irish potato purees, boiled and blended apple. There's an nl thread for baby food, search 'baby foods thread nairaland' on Google and click on the first result.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2019
Giddyperson:

If you can't cope please buy formula, cuz they would suck more as they grow older. Or you buy a good electric breast pump, and start pumping religiously. Me I did EBF without breast pump and i had to breastfeed every 45mins-1 hour. Sometimes they can as far as two hours if you're not home but anything more you'd come home to a wailing baby. Long story short, if your baby has a big appetite, EBF would feel like you spent an entire 6 months doing nothing but breastfeeding, unless you get a good breast pump.

Also since you're sure she's getting enough milk, its not every time she cries that she needs to be breastfed, sometimes just let her dad or someone else carry her.

Thank you
I have electric double pump but I just feel it’s not working well
Will most likely order another one
Thanks. I just needed to hear that this is normal
I plan to try EBF till 3months since my maternity leave is almost a year
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2019
Ruthiegal:

My boy is three weeks old today ... we do breast milk and formular too coz he eats too much and It gets so crazy for me atimes coz I’m a cs mom and I have none to assist me for now as my mom as not been able to come . I remember coming here to ask if I could give him formular ... it’s well with us

My dear, I can totally relate with having no help
I was all myself by 2nd day post delivery although I had a VD but it was tough... could barely sneak out to bath and use the toilet.

I have genuinely contemplated giving formulae but I am just hanging on and hoping it gets better otherwise I will add formulae by next week. At least, I have tried for a month

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 2:41pm On Nov 25, 2019
Cutemarvel:

Mama, sorry about the exhaustion. There's no assurance that it gets better because as they grow bigger they eat more.

I did ebf, and what worked for me is to feed immediately after I've eaten. I don't feed him when am hungry because it's a waste of time, he will keep sucking and will not be filled. This makes my boy gets filled within 10mins. The challenge is that breast milk digest easily which makes them go hungry quickly.
If it's exhausting substitute with formula or buy a good electric breast pump. So your baby don't go hungry and you can also have time to rest.

Thanks. I will try the feeding immediately after food.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
SimpleLuxuries:

Pele mummy. It will pass eventually. Hope breastfeeding him isn't painful for you. Eat well, rest as much as you can (sleep when he is sleeping) and if you have someone helping you try to make out time for yourself.

My dear... thank you.
The pain is on and off... I think it’s got to do with poor latching but we are getting a hang of a good latch now
As for help, it just me and hubby, and hubby no get booby na so I am kinda hmmm.... it’s well.

Thank God for motherhood oooo
That’s all I can say

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamadsquare: 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2019
gratefulme40:

Thank you
I have electric double pump but I just feel it’s not working well
Will most likely order another one
Thanks. I just needed to hear that this is normal
I plan to try EBF till 3months since my maternity leave is almost a year

shocked shocked shocked did you say 'almost a year'? Wowza! I need a change of job.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MzEmeritus: 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Giddyperson:

You must not start with cereals. And even if you want to start with cereals, then buy one at a time. E.g, buy cereals and wait for her to finish it, and if she seemed to like it you can buy it again, and if she didn't, you can try a different one. Don't start off with three different brands at once unless you like to eat baby food cheesy

You can also just ignore cereals and start with purees and semisolids, blended bananas, Irish potato purees, boiled and blended apple. There's an nl thread for baby food, search 'baby foods thread nairaland' on Google and click on the first result.

Alright thanks so much mama... I sincerely appreciate

How's little one.... Abi u r already warming up for another journey grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MzEmeritus: 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2019
missyblissy:

A'm good ooo. We will be 6months Dec 1. I started giving her rice and oat gerber cereal at 4months but stopped and continued with pap. She will take oat cereal at 6months continuously. I give her fruit puree and I introduce small egg yolk yesterday to her. At 6momths I will mix the egg yolk with her pap. I also her pudding. Egg custard pudding, cream porridge (she no like this one) blend rice and banana and add milk and give her. Blend egg yolk and Avacado and give her.

Wow... You just inspired me.. Am also working on making pap myself for her and possibly mix bm to make it tasty.. I will try this combination too.. We'll possibly start one food for a 4days or a week then I will see how she respond to them... Though she seems to be eager already... Always looking at me or anyone while eating lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2019
Giddyperson:

Seeing as they can only take breast milk and formula, I don't think there's much to do except feed regularly. Let me tag liftedhands, there's the other mama i'd like to tag but her moniker is not coming to my head now.

OK ma, thank you.. I just assurance from experience mamas dat my baby will grow fat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2019
futuremoma34:

OK ma, thank you.. I just assurance from experience mamas dat my baby will grow fat
Give pre_nan it's a formula for low weight babies. Give her till she's at least 2.5kg before going to nan1 or any other formula. At 1.5kg her system needs delicate milk that she can easily absorb to gain weight in addition to breast milk.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.