Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401564 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2311) (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 6:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
Jeanos:
Good day mamas.My DS will be 6 months soon,am thinking of starting pap for him.But a nurse told me that i should soak millet,guinea corn and yellow corn for some days and the day i will grind it i shld add 2 cups of raw groundnut and 2 cups of soya beans and take it to the mill to grind all together and fliter.But i want to verify from who ever has done pap with this method.Pls if you have other less stress ful method pls i will like to learn.Thanks. kiss
My son reacted to soya. So I only use millet, guinea corn & yellow corn for him & add his formular milk after preparing the pap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 3:09am On Mar 25, 2020
Be safe

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 3:13am On Mar 25, 2020
Stories can be mirrors that help young people express feelings about a given situation. They give children a vocabulary for what is happening. But, because of how fiction works in the brain, stories can also be windows. When we read fiction, we inhabit other bodies and feel the concerns of other people. This helps young people to develop empathy – but has another profound effect. Reading stories makes us feel experienced and increases resilience.

At kidco ventures we have over one thousand Authored books by individuals and we are going to sell them at a discount in this holiday..
Get a dozen books of any content and brand for N2500..
WhatsApp or call 08052130879

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TiffanyJ(f): 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
nahzyla:

Thanks a lot, this really put my mind to rest.
Good afternoon dear. Were you able to travel? How is baby? Your thought crossed my mind today and I decided to check on you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 1:12pm On Mar 25, 2020
SlimBrawnie:

My son reacted to soya. So I only use millet, guinea corn & yellow corn for him & add his formular milk after preparing the pap.
like me am using tom brown pap for my baby...i didnt soak the three grains together.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2020
Fyngal1:

like me am using tom brown pap for my baby...i didnt soak the three grains together.

Tom Brown is made with soya & groundnut. I have it at home but I don't give him for now, maybe when he's 18months old I'd start giving him. I don't soak grains the 3 together either but I grind them together with ginger too... He likes it more than his other cereals
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jeanos: 7:43pm On Mar 25, 2020
SlimBrawnie:

Tom Brown is made with soya & groundnut. I have it at home but I don't give him for now, maybe when he's 18months old I'd start giving him. I don't soak grains the 3 together either but I grind them together with ginger too... He likes it more than his other cereals
Hello Slim Brawnie,pls can you give me a detailed explanation on how to make the pap,beside what quantity of the grains do you use and the millet as well.Do you add crayfish grinded to the already make pap wen giving your lo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzzkismet: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2020
dominique:
Does anyone have any idea if primary health centers in Lagos will be open to immunize babies considering the fact that large gatherings have been banned?

I can't say for primary health centers, but I took my baby to a general hospital here in Lagos and he was given immunization.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
Jeanos:

Hello Slim Brawnie,pls can you give me a detailed explanation on how to make the pap,beside what quantity of the grains do you use and the millet as well.Do you add crayfish grinded to the already make pap wen giving your lo.
I don't like buying much so it doesn't stay for too long. I buy 1tier of millet & half tier of yellowcorn, half tier of guinea corn. I like putting more millet considering it's nutritional value. I wash & soak them for about 48hours(but soak the yellow corn for more hours because it takes time to soften compared to the other two), then join them together with ginger when I'm ready to go grind. I added soyabeans once but my son reacted to it plus it was always making the pap watery(I guess I did something wrong though). Maybe with time I'd start adding soya & crayfish, but this is what he takes for now with formula, on very few ocassions, he takes it without formula.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 8:02am On Mar 26, 2020
Pls I need help.... Aside kids tooth paste, what other mouth wash can I use for a year old baby... I'm loosing it.. Brushing her is war, I want something that can make the job easier.. Pls... Biko.. Edakun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jumy16: 8:09am On Mar 26, 2020
please I want to ask his question on behave of my neighborhood.. though I warn her not to do it but she said her mother in law and hubby did it...the baby girl was circumcised, and since then she has been bleeding now the baby is weak and they can't take him to hospital, please what can they use to boost his blood.......very urgent please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 9:05am On Mar 26, 2020
jumy16:
please I want to ask his question on behave of my neighborhood.. though I warn her not to do it but she said her mother in law and hubby did it...the baby girl was circumcised, and since then she has been bleeding now the baby is weak and they can't take him to hospital, please what can they use to boost his blood.......very urgent please
Best thing is to go to the hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jumy16: 9:09am On Mar 26, 2020
GreaterGraceGG:

Best thing is to go to the hospital
its illegal, they can get them arrested
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayluv(f): 9:32am On Mar 26, 2020
jumy16:
The life of the baby is more important right now. Please let them take her to the hospital

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by GreaterGraceGG(f): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2020
jumy16:
Really? Poor girl cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 11:07am On Mar 26, 2020
Need books
As cheap as dreamed
WhatsApp 09032730510

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adequate459: 11:08am On Mar 26, 2020
Hello mommas,
How do i boost my 9month old baby's weight of 6.3kg.
She weighed 2.6kg at birth
She takes Pap,adult food and cereals with Peak milk(0-12months).

I'm concerned,please help

Regards
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jeanos: 11:11am On Mar 26, 2020
SlimBrawnie:

I don't like buying much so it doesn't stay for too long. I buy 1tier of millet & half tier of yellowcorn, half tier of guinea corn. I like putting more millet considering it's nutritional value. I wash & soak them for about 48hours(but soak the yellow corn for more hours because it takes time to soften compared to the other two), then join them together with ginger when I'm ready to go grind. I added soyabeans once but my son reacted to it plus it was always making the pap watery(I guess I did something wrong though). Maybe with time I'd start adding soya & crayfish, but this is what he takes for now with formula, on very few ocassions, he takes it without formula.
Okay thanks.But i dont understand the tier measurement o.Is it the paint rubber or half in market.Pls enlight me more.Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lumzybo: 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
jumy16:

They did the crime, they should face the music. Hospital is the best options at the moment. Delay could be dangerous

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nahzyla: 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
TiffanyJ:

Good afternoon dear. Were you able to travel? How is baby? Your thought crossed my mind today and I decided to check on you

We've gotten home thank God.
Thanks for showing concern smiley

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2020
Jeanos:

Okay thanks.But i dont understand the tier measurement o.Is it the paint rubber or half in market.Pls enlight me more.Thank you.
I think in the North it's called Mudu. This is what I'm referring to as tier below

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2020
jumy16:
Pls how's the baby now? Hospital is still their best bet... But nawa oo..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blessedruby: 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2020
You can go to MayCentral finbras akoka. Cant remember the street number , either 20 0r 23 but you can call them on thos line +2348055858478. The place is for immunization only

GoodnessB:
cryGood day great mom's, my sister gave birth on Sunday and she's yet to immunise her baby. Though She intends doing so tomorrow, please is there any general hospital or federal medical center around yaba or environs open for immunization tomorrow? Thanks 08076386587
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TiffanyJ(f): 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2020
nahzyla:

We've gotten home thank God.
Thanks for showing concern smiley
I'm glad the journey went well. May God protect us all from this horrible virus.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jeanos: 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2020
SlimBrawnie:

I think in the North it's called Mudu. This is what I'm referring to as tier below
ok thanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 7:30pm On Mar 27, 2020
jumy16:
how is the baby. Hope she is fine

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by makazona(m): 6:43am On Mar 28, 2020
Hello house, I hope we are doing well at this time.

My 6month old boy is not breathing well. His breathing is as if he is snoring. You could hear the sound of the breathing. This has been happening since he was a week old.

We met the ENT doctors who prescribed some medications like vit c, augmentine, Puritin and em profem. After taking the medications, nothing really changed. The breathing is still same.

I am really worried. Mothers and med practitioners wey sabi, pls help!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TiffanyJ(f): 9:50am On Mar 29, 2020
makazona:
Hello house, I hope we are doing well at this time.

My 6month old boy is not breathing well. His breathing is as if he is snoring. You could hear the sound of the breathing. This has been happening since he was a week old.

We met the ENT doctors who prescribed some medications like vit c, augmentine, Puritin and em profem. After taking the medications, nothing really changed. The breathing is still same.

I am really worried. Mothers and med practitioners wey sabi, pls help!
Don't just sit at home and keep wondering. Please take him to a good hospital to see a Pediatrician. Not anyhow Pediatrician o. If there's a teaching hospital close to you, take him there.
I always prefer teaching hospitals because they have good Doctors.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2020
Please someone should teach me how to make millet kuku, the one I saw online is not understable
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by somehow: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2020
Hello house, please what do i do with a 2 months old baby coughing in her sleep and most times when she wakes up in the morning?

Secondly, her body is always hot and sweaty when she's laid in her cottage. Her back especially always sweaty.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 11:42am On Mar 31, 2020
somehow:
Hello house, please what do i do with a 2 months old baby coughing in her sleep and most times when she wakes up in the morning?

Secondly, her body is always hot and sweaty when she's laid in her cottage. Her back especially always sweaty.

It's cold,
The sweat part is same with my baby, she had cough and catarrh as a result of her sweaty soaked clothes even when the environment is/was cold she will and still sweat on her back undecided undecided undecided

What I did
I started changing her clothes in the middle of the night and in the morning if I don't bathe her early enough. Gave her vitamin C and stopped all forms of cough drug against the nay talks.
Few days later, catarrh and cough all gone till now.
Mine was 6 months, I won't advice to give cough drugs. Just trying changing her clothes and continue breastfeeding all will be well.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by somehow: 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
Thanks, will relate it to wifey
Nyxx123:

It's cold,
The sweat part is same with my baby, she had cough and catarrh as a result of her sweaty soaked clothes even when the environment is/was cold she will and still sweat on her back undecided undecided undecided

What I did
I started changing her clothes in the middle of the night and in the morning if I don't bathe her early enough. Gave her vitamin C and stopped all forms of cough drug against the nay talks.
Few days later, catarrh and cough all gone till now.
Mine was 6 months, I won't advice to give cough drugs. Just trying changing her clothes and continue breastfeeding all will be well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2311) (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.