Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4393817 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by somehow: 1:07pm On Mar 31, 2020
Please any idea why my baby is having noisy pooing?

She makes noise down-there when pooing. Is this normal?

Though I was told she's got colic, but does not cause noisy pooing too?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2020
good afternoon mamas,can I give otrivine child nasal drop to my 3month baby,if I can,how can it be used. I will really appreciate ur answers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TiffanyJ(f): 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
Honeysweetest:
good afternoon mamas,can I give otrivine child nasal drop to my 3month baby,if I can,how can it be used. I will really appreciate ur answers.
My baby was a month plus when that nasal drug was prescribed by a Pediatrician. He said I'm to use it for only a week, morning and evening. I did and it still didn't work on her. It may work for your baby, though.
My advice? Don't use the drug unless prescribed by a doctor. Please take her to the hospital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
TiffanyJ:

My baby was a month plus when that nasal drug was prescribed by a Pediatrician. He said I'm to use it for only a week, morning and evening. I did and it still didn't work on her. It may work for your baby, though.
My advice? Don't use the drug unless prescribed by a doctor. Please take her to the hospital.
thanks so much for this

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by somehow: 9:21am On Apr 01, 2020
somehow:
Please any idea why my baby is having noisy pooing?

She makes noise down-there when pooing. Is this normal?

Though I was told she's got colic, but does not cause noisy pooing too?

Still need inputs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 3:30pm On Apr 01, 2020
somehow:

Still need inputs

Its very normal. Nothing to worry about.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
Please, is drinking garri bad for a nursing mum?

The rate with which I have been craving garri these days is alarming!

Also, apart from lactation cookies etc, are there other tried and tested methods to increasing lactation/milk production? Coconut and cashew nuts have been advised.

My baby is a month old today and I plan on exclusively breastfeeding for 6months. So far we are doing ok but will like to do better.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by somehow: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2020
rvpbae:

Its very normal. Nothing to worry about.
okay, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by funarosho(m): 5:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
Please which food can i give my baby after 6 months. I mean varieties of food.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
Mothers how is the omugwo going.....

Get 3 in 1 Post Partum Belt and get back to shape after delivery.

08111294011. Free delivery Nation wide.

Promo price is #8000

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 9:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
funarosho:
Please which food can i give my baby after 6 months. I mean varieties of food.

https://www.nairaland.com/4758545/baby-foods-recipes-weaning-solids

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 11:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
Graced2018:

Also, apart from lactation cookies etc, are there other tried and tested methods to increasing lactation/milk production? Coconut and cashew nuts have been advised.

My baby is a month old today and I plan on exclusively breastfeeding for 6months. So far we are doing ok but will like to do better.

Don't know about the garri part

But you can try adding soyabeans powder to your pap, tea n oats to increase lactation. I started adding it to my pap n oats just yesterday and my breasts were full the whole day even after breastfeeding.

Was adviced to take it when I'm due as it will help me lactate as soon as I deliver but I didn't end up taking till yesterday. But anyone that intends breastfeeding right away can give it a try.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
Awesomemama:

Don't know about the garri part

But you can try adding soyabeans powder to your pap, tea n oats to increase lactation. I started adding it to my pap n oats just yesterday and my breasts were full the whole day even after breastfeeding.

Was adviced to take it when I'm due as it will help me lactate as soon as I deliver but I didn't end up taking till yesterday. But anyone that intends breastfeeding right away can give it a try.

Noted. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sttmema: 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
Good day sabi mamas...pls i would like to know what to use for my almost 2 month old DD. She was having very mild discharge bfr I took her to see a doc as she was running temp. He gave malaria drugs n eye drops for the eyes.simce I started using it, the discharge has increased.should I stop it or is that how it works...I’ve only used it twice.someone suggested breastmilk but I’ve already started the drops. Can I switch?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shedy03(m): 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Hello mamas and papas.
Pls I need your inputs on the attached pictures. I wonder what skin infection is this on the face and head of my 2&1/2yrs old.
At the hospital, first doc we met said it's just heat rash. Second doctor prescribed some antibiotics injections and calamin lotion. the infection is still there.
Kindly share your experience if u had any about the remedy.
Thank you.
#stayhomestaysafe.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LegitDiva: 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
shedy03:
Hello mamas and papas.
Pls I need your inputs on the attached pictures. I wonder what skin infection is this on the face and head of my 2&1/2yrs old.
At the hospital, first doc we met said it's just heat rash. Second doctor prescribed some antibiotics injections and calamin lotion. the infection is still there.
Thank you.
#stayhomestaysafe.

This looks like an allergic reaction to me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
shedy03:
Hello mamas and papas.
Thank you.
#stayhomestaysafe.

Use mupiderm cream...
Both doctors are correct with their analysis, but add the above cream, it worked for mine. Its a bit pricey for a small cream. #2100
And less covering pls to avoid a repetition

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
Sttmema:
Good day sabi mamas...pls i would like to know what to use for my almost 2 month old DD. She was having very mild discharge bfr I took her to see a doc as she was running temp. He gave malaria drugs n eye drops for the eyes.simce I started using it, the discharge has increased.should I stop it or is that how it works...I’ve only used it twice.someone suggested breastmilk but I’ve already started the drops. Can I switch?

Anything that pertains to eye, I prefer you follow your doctor's instructions, if your in doubt of his prescription (I believe in mothers instinct) then kindly seek another doctor's opinion. My only reservation is the malaria drug for a two months old baby.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
Graced2018:

Well for me, I don't believe in all these take watery pap, tea blah blah(they are all in the category of liquid) just take the right portion of meal and stay hydrated. Shikena.
Before i breast feed, finish a sachet of pure water and as soon as am done, I take another sachet.
I don't know if you have noticed, once your done bfeeding you feel sort of dehydrated.
All these eat eat eat makes one add unnecessarily

My baby is 7 months and she hardly takes anything, if you try force feeding, she throws everything out.The highest she can take is 30ml once a day. Yet when she been carried, I get compliments "wow what's she taking, she heavy", and i get shocked cos I know it's 95% breast milk, but me am so tired...
The panic shopping made me so confused, I didn't know which milk to stock up embarassed embarassed i just ended taking two brands of milk(4 in number). Lol I think am ranting

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shedy03(m): 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
LegitDiva:

This looks like an allergic reaction to me
Thanks for your observation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shedy03(m): 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nyxx123:

Use mupiderm cream...
Both doctors are correct with their analysis, but add the above cream, it worked for mine. Its a bit pricey for a small cream. #2100
And less covering pls to avoid a repetition
Thank you, I will find the cream.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nyxx123:

Well for me, I don't believe in all these take watery pap, tea blah blah(they are all in the category of liquid) just take the right portion of meal and stay hydrated. Shikena.
Before i breast feed, finish a sachet of pure water and as soon as am done, I take another sachet.
I don't know if you have noticed, once your done bfeeding you feel sort of dehydrated.

My baby is 7 months and she hardly takes anything, if you try force feeding, she throws everything out.The highest she can take is 30ml once a day. Yet when she been carried, I get compliments "wow what's she taking, she heavy", and i get shocked cos I know it's 95% breast milk, but me am so tired...
The panic shopping made me so confused, I didn't know which milk to stock up embarassed embarassed i just ended taking two brands of milk(4 in number). Lol I think am ranting

Noted. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 8:36am On Apr 04, 2020
Nyxx123:

Ok..... so these babies don’t want to eat na

My baby turned 5months yesterday, we have been doing exclusive and I just got formula to start her on, this girl has refused my formula. I bring it in a bottle, she will refuse, I bring breast milk in same bottle, she will take. We will continue our exclusive for 1 more month. Q
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 11:00am On Apr 04, 2020
gratefulme40:

Ok..... so these babies don’t want to eat na

My baby turned 5months yesterday, we have been doing exclusive and I just got formula to start her on, this girl has refused my formula. I bring it in a bottle, she will refuse, I bring breast milk in same bottle, she will take. We will continue our exclusive for 1 more month. Q
Lol start putting it in prayers, sometimes transition ain't always easy(baby reaction differs). I remember when my gf was telling me of her experience, I thought she was just pampering her child, whether mine is karma(I don't know) prolly for judging but the Koko is I now understand.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ruthiegal: 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by portable4real: 11:19pm On Apr 04, 2020
[quote author=Sttmema post=88055203]Good day sabi mamas...pls i would like to know what to use for my almost 2 month old DD. She was having very mild

Do you mean eye discharge? Was any test done before placing you on antimalarial for 2 months old baby? Were you seen by a paediatrician? Cos paed rarely prescribe antimalarial for children in that age range.. If it is eye discharge, you can get Normal saline or boil water with salt and allow to cool,make a small swab with it and clean the baby's eye from inward outward...

If the fever persist take dd back to hospital for a review..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by portable4real: 11:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
Makazona...
Your baby is probably been treated for either adenoid or tonsillitis or both known as Adenoidtonsilitis, The medications are OK... Some tends to outgrown it when they attain a specific age range which I could not remember now... But if it persist, surgery is usually done; a minor one though.....some children do have recurrent cattarh as a result of this, it could also be a cause of bad breathe in some children... Take care
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SimpleLuxuries: 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
shedy03:
Hello mamas and papas.
Thank you.
#stayhomestaysafe.

Does it itch? Does it bring out pus or gives off a smell? If not then it really could just be an allergic reaction or a skin irritation. Did u change his hair creams or shampoo or did you introduce a new product (detergent or disinfectant) for cleaning?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shedy03(m): 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
SimpleLuxuries:

Does it itch? Does it bring out pus or gives off a smell? If not then it really could just be an allergic reaction or a skin irritation. Did u change his hair creams or shampoo or did you introduce a new product (detergent or disinfectant) for cleaning?
It does not itch, put pains he does not want touched.
It brings pus but dries off b4 bursting.
He does not get any special hair treatment other than boys haircut, and him and his brother share clipper.
I can't remember a thing newly introduced in the house that he may be allergic to.
Thanks so much for contribution, I really appreciate.
#staysafe.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kvngwitty(m): 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
estilo:
Please mamas help me out

My baby is 2 days old
I am not happy because I have not been able to breastmilk. I am not lactating and my baby has not taken anything since yesterday.
What can I do? Am running crazy... Am down.. Please come to my help

What formula can I give him? All my mind I have always thought it's exclusive I will do

Nan 1 Optipro formula
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 4:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
Nyxx123:

Lol start putting it in prayers, sometimes transition ain't always easy(baby reaction differs). I remember when my gf was telling me of her experience, I thought she was just pampering her child, whether mine is karma(I don't know) prolly for judging but the Koko is I now understand.

E reash to put for prayer my sister
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
I need money to settle things.

Clearance sell 3 in 1 Post Partum Recovery Belt.

Market price is #12k.

Clearance price is #5000..
Get one for yourself. Sister or friends .

This is the award winning Belt so far.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) (2318) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.