Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4416799 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2340) (2341) (2342) (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 7:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Limahgirl:
Thanks a lot ma. O really appreciate this response. Please ma which breast pump did you use that worked for you? I bought Camera new safe breastfeeding pump, it didn't work. I also got nipple shield as suggested by one mama here. It didn't work.
I express with hands from the breast with inverted nipple and give her but I think breast pump will help bring the nipple out.
I will join the group. Thanks once again ma.

Uwc mama. I'll help you ask my friend the one she used. It's electric too but its durable and good.I used avent and it lasTed for just 9months.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 7:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
OlivetreeKits:

So sorry to hear. Try these below
1. Sitz bowl for bathing below with warm water.
2. Dermoplast pain relief spray if you have someone coming from abroad. It numbs that area
3. Peribottle for douching after you pee
4. Disposable panties
5. Baby wipes since they are softer than normal tissue and hyperallergenic

I Hope you have some relief soon mama

Thank you so much mama. I've gotten this type of sitz bath bowl and I feel better now.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
rvpbae:

That's baby formula. Sold in the open market or supermarkets, it's about 8k or 9k now.
Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Dear Maam's in the house,

Help your sister Biko.

My baby will be three month on Thursday but I saw small blood like spot even though I've not seen my period since I deliver my baby. Is it normal? I am FTM.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
Limahgirl:
Thanks a lot ma. O really appreciate this response. Please ma which breast pump did you use that worked for you? I bought Camera new safe breastfeeding pump, it didn't work. I also got nipple shield as suggested by one mama here. It didn't work.
I express with hands from the breast with inverted nipple and give her but I think breast pump will help bring the nipple out.
I will join the group. Thanks once again ma.

Have you tried bringing out the nipple with your fingers just b4 breastfeeding?
That's what I still do especially with my left breast. STM and nipple still inverted, altho it's slightly better with the right breast now unlike with ds

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 12:12am On Jul 06, 2020
Rbae:

Uwc mama. I'll help you ask my friend the one she used. It's electric too but its durable and good.I used avent and it lasTed for just 9months.
okay ma, thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 5:07am On Jul 06, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Dear Maam's in the house,

Help your sister Biko.

My baby will be three month on Thursday but I saw small blood like spot even though I've not seen my period since I deliver my baby. Is it normal? I am FTM.

I started menses the 2nd month I had my baby so it's no biggie. Just make sure you have protected sex cos anything can happen o. grin

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 6:07am On Jul 06, 2020
Rbae:

I started menses the 2nd month I had my baby so it's no biggie. Just make sure you have protected sex cos anything can happen o. grin
Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 11:46am On Jul 06, 2020
Awesomemama:

Have you tried bringing out the nipple with your fingers just b4 breastfeeding?
That's what I still do especially with my left breast. STM and nipple still inverted, altho it's slightly better with the right breast now unlike with ds
Hmm.... people do tell me this but I use to smile inside and says they don't know how flat my nipple is. This particular one ehn the nipple is so flat that I cannot use my finger to bring it out. It's that bad! May God help me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
Hello mothers in the house, please help me. I started perceiving very strong foul smelling odour down my jajaina since three days ago. I'm a new mum of two weeks old baby. No discharge just the smell. Please is this something I should be worried for? Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
Limahgirl:
Hello mothers in the house, please help me. I started perceiving very strong foul smelling odour down my jajaina since three days ago. I'm a new mum of two weeks old baby. No discharge just the smell. Please is this something I should be worried for? Thank you.
Did you check if there's any ladysept inside your hp?
I believe you were given antibiotics and blood capsule. Try and take it
Pls always wipe with a lil savlon and water after urinating, change your ladysept always. Don't wait for it to full.
If you still perceive the odour see your doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favourme062(f): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
Good afternoon mamas, please mama what can i use to treat cradle cap? My DD scalp is peeling and always making her hair looks dirty( i notice its @ d front alone)....
Cc. Zaynie , Liftedhands, Angeltolly and all my wonderful mamas
you can saturate the hair with breast milk and generous amount of coconut oil, allow to sit for few minutes while you comb the flakes out and then wash with baby shampoo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
Giddyperson:
Biko, my son has been limping since yesterday and there's no remarkable event that I know of that could have led to the limping. I've pressed his legs and he doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain tho a point on his left thigh seems to be a bit painful for him when pressed really hard.

Has this happened to anyone before biko? Is it time to go get an x-ray or should I still watch it?

Za ynie, hunnies uzzie, jazzyja zz, flora ec, anyone available

How is his leg now?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 12:10am On Jul 07, 2020
Limahgirl:
Hmm.... people do tell me this but I use to smile inside and says they don't know how flat my nipple is. This particular one ehn the nipple is so flat that I cannot use my finger to bring it out. It's that bad! May God help me.

Okay
You can continue what you've been doing, it will get better with time

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:04am On Jul 07, 2020
zaynie:

How is his leg now?
Same o, took him to the hospital yesterday but they said I should watch him for one more week cuz they don't think it's anything serious.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 6:45am On Jul 07, 2020
FloraEC:

Did you check if there's any ladysept inside your hp?
I believe you were given antibiotics and blood capsule. Try and take it
Pls always wipe with a lil savlon and water after urinating, change your ladysept always. Don't wait for it to full.
If you still perceive the odour see your doctor.
Thanks so much for your response ma. I was given antibiotics and I've finished it. I have stopped wearing ladysept ( it was making me to feel uncomfortable) mayb this is the reason for the strong odour. I will continue wearing it. Also, I don't know I can use savlon to wipe, was only told to use water and salt for sitz bath and a friend told me not to use dettol because of infection.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2020
Limahgirl:
Thanks so much for your response ma. I was given antibiotics and I've finished it. I have stopped wearing ladysept ( it was making me to feel uncomfortable) mayb this is the reason for the strong odour. I will continue wearing it. Also, I don't know I can use savlon to wipe, was only told to use water and salt for sitz bath and a friend told me not to use dettol because of infection.

Add savlon to the salt and warm water during sitz bath. After urinating, try and wipe with non scented wipes or your wet towel. If there's no pad stuck inside your Vg(they always put pad to control bleeding), you can discuss with your doctor too about the odour

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 8:10am On Jul 07, 2020
Giddyperson:

Same o, took him to the hospital yesterday but they said I should watch him for one more week cuz they don't think it's anything serious.

Please check his Pcv if you suspect it's low
My niece had the same experience, it got to a point that she could not even walk. It was later discovered that her Pcv was low. Altho she just recovered from treating malaria b4 she had that episode.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:14am On Jul 07, 2020
Awesomemama:

Please check his Pcv if you suspect it's low
My niece had the same experience, it got to a point that she could not even walk. It was later discovered that her Pcv was low. Altho she just recovered from treating malaria b4 she had that episode.
I thought of this too because I stopped cereal recently and I've even restarted the cereal again because I don't know if he's getting enough iron from everyday foods. But he's still very agile and strangers can't even see the limp, they think it's normal one year old walk. But me and everyone at home know that's not how he used to walk.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 11:10am On Jul 07, 2020
favourme062:

you can saturate the hair with breast milk and generous amount of coconut oil, allow to sit for few minutes while you comb the flakes out and then wash with baby shampoo
Ok thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
Good afternoon mamas, please mama what can i use to treat cradle cap? My DD scalp is peeling and a by always making her hair looks dirty( i notice its @ d front alone)....
Cc. Zaynie , Liftedhands, Angeltolly and all my wonderful mamas

I've read that putting lots of coconut oil and combing the flakes away gently helps.
None of my kids had it so I can't really say much about it.
Akoks had a little hair problem and we had to use antifungal for it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2020
zaynie:

I've read that putting lots of coconut oil and combing the flakes away gently helps.
None of my kids had it so I can't really say much about it.
Akoks had a little hair problem and we had to use antifungal for it.
Ok ma'am, thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Acer123: 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
Mamas in the house please I need urgent help with diaper brand suggestions. My daughter is five months old. I use molfix diapers. It leaks badly when she poos. It can only hold urine. I recently changed to size 4 cos size 3 became too small. I experienced bad leakage with both sizes so it’s not about the size. Please suggest another brand for me. I want to go and buy now. Thank you for your response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
Giddyperson:

Thanks, how long did yours take. It's scary watching him walk like this
. Sorry I'm just seeing this. 2-3 days
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2020
missyblissy:

I went to Military Hospital Ikoyi. They relocated to the officers mess in bonny camp Lagos..
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Acer123: 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
Acer123:
Mamas in the house please I need urgent help with diaper brand suggestions. My daughter is five months old. I use molfix diapers. It leaks badly when she poos. It can only hold urine. I recently changed to size 4 cos size 3 became too small. I experienced bad leakage with both sizes so it’s not about the size. Please suggest another brand for me. I want to go and buy now. Thank you for your response.

Please reply mamas ��
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joyfulgal: 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
Acer123:

ASDA little angel or lupilu. Thank me later
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Acer123: 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2020
Joyfulgal:

ASDA little angel or lupilu. Thank me later

Thank you so much for your prompt response. God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joyfulwoman: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2020
Hello mamas I'm new here.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
It's good to be here again.
Baby is 8days old, sucking well, sleeping well. Vigilante is very real. grin

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adesquare2(f): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good evening mamas in the house. Please help suggest where I can get Tommee Tippee replacement tube. That rubber like tube that connects the motor unit to the pump. Its very urgent abeg. The pump is less than 3 months old and it is now completely useless without the tube. I have googled and only found it on Amazon but it cannot be shipped to Nigeria.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
FloraEC:

Add savlon to the salt and warm water during sitz bath. After urinating, try and wipe with non scented wipes or your wet towel. If there's no pad stuck inside your Vg(they always put pad to control bleeding), you can discuss with your doctor too about the odour
Okay thank you ma.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2340) (2341) (2342) (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.