Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396055 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PecAbby: 3:45am On Oct 24, 2020
Hello Mothers and Pops.

My 6month old son has been stooling since Tuesday (6 times in 24h)... At first I felt it was the potato and beans I gave him cos the poo was yellowish. I started giving him ors and zinc plus plenty water. He loves water. Then I introduced SMA gold to his pap and the stool worsened plus changed color to greenish black strewn with mucus. I noticed the change in his stooling and stopped the SMA gold but it has continued.
I don't know what to do again... He has lost a bit of weight but his playfulness is still topnotch. His apetite and sleeping is normal.
What else can I do to stop the stooling or should I take him to see a doctor?

Thank you for your response.

Cc: hunniesuzzie, liftedhands, zaynie, giddyperson, angeltolly,
everyone pls don't look and pass
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2020
PecAbby:
Hello Mothers and Pops.

My 6month old son has been stooling since Tuesday (6 times in 24h)... At first I felt it was the potato and beans I gave him cos the poo was yellowish. I started giving him ors and zinc plus plenty water. He loves water. Then I introduced SMA gold to his pap and the stool worsened plus changed color to greenish black strewn with mucus. I noticed the change in his stooling and stopped the SMA gold but it has continued.
I don't know what to do again... He has lost a bit of weight but his playfulness is still topnotch. His apetite and sleeping is normal.

Does the poo sink completely into the diaper? Please you can stop the SMA for now till poo normalise but breastfeed him more. I know of raw pap therapy but i don't if a 6 months old can use it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PecAbby: 12:12pm On Oct 24, 2020
angeltolly:

Does the poo sink completely into the diaper? Please you can stop the SMA for now till poo normalise but breastfeed him more. I know of raw pap therapy but i don't if a 6 months old can use it.

No it doesn't sink completely...like you would see the mucus part of it on the diapers. I have stopped the SMA gold too but it has continued
Whenever he poops...you can actually hear his stomach rumbling and the gush of the watery poop. Much like the way you would have diarrhea and your stomach will be rumbling. The poop has a distinct foul smell.
He's appetite is still fine and he takes plenty water. He never says no to water..prefers it to breastmilk actually..in fact I restrict the water cos I fear he may be taking too much cos of his age (6months). the frequent poop has still continued..I have stopped all solids...just breastmilk and ors + zinc and water. Is there something else I can do?
Thanks for responding earlier
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 1:25pm On Oct 24, 2020
Mama's in the house, I'm trying to wean my daughter and today is day 2. The engorgement is really something else, can I squeeze the breast milk out? And what other home remedy can I use to relieve me of the pain? I've taken paracetamol though and no fever
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2020
PecAbby:

No it doesn't sink completely...like you would see the mucus part of it on the diapers. I have stopped the SMA gold too but it has continued
Whenever he poops...you can actually hear his stomach rumbling and the gush of the watery poop. Much like the way you would have diarrhea and your stomach will be rumbling. The poop has a distinct foul smell.
He's appetite is still fine and he takes plenty water. He never says no to water..prefers it to breastmilk actually..in fact I restrict the water cos I fear he may be taking too much cos of his age (6months). the frequent poop has still continued..I have stopped all solids...just breastmilk and ors + zinc and water. Is there something else I can do?
Thanks for responding earlier

The stools will STOP eventually... The most important thing is that baby is not dehydrated and what she is losing is being replaced so continue the ORS and oral Zinc.
You may not need to stop solid totally but but avoid milk for now so pap can also do some good too.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2020
PecAbby:
Hello Mothers and Pops.

Could it be that he wants to or has started teething? Cos I know some babies pass stool when their teething process is about to start. Keep him hydrated always and you can take him to the clinic to prevent being too worried
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TiffanyJ(f): 10:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
Lemonadewifey:
Mama's in the house, I'm trying to wean my daughter and today is day 2. The engorgement is really something else, can I squeeze the breast milk out? And what other home remedy can I use to relieve me of the pain? I've taken paracetamol though and no fever
Buy cabbage from the market. Remove the cababages or make them into pieces. Do not cut the cabbage with knife. Just remove them one by one. Put the cabage in the fridge or freezer. Once they are very cold, remove and place them on your breast. It work wonders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tbaby123(f): 1:29am On Oct 25, 2020
Good day house

All mothers should kindly come to my rescu please and pls.

My daughter is only 5months, she has been suffering heat rash ( may be is heat rash or ila ) and stubborn dandruff ( looks like craw craw) since she was 1month. Inside cool when my baby is having heat rash.

I live in the UK. I don't have mother, sister or any family here to help me with her.. I shed tears when she itches her hair and face to the extent its brings out blood..people kept telling is the normal here with black children but I don't believe. Her scalp is always very dry, whitish and lost all her hair because of this.

Is there anyone who has experience same? The rash on her face turns dry, makes her red and its itches her.

Pls come to my rescu. Thank u all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaynifer51: 6:54am On Oct 25, 2020
It’s no longer as available as it used to be, tried to get it a couple of time but could not. I’ve discovered another one HOWDGE this one is za bomb ;Dit’s supper supper nice even finer than kisskids try it and come and thank me later

Pweetiebabe:
cappo i will search for it also cos d last time i checked for it i no see

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:38am On Oct 25, 2020
PecAbby:
Hello Mothers and Pops.

Is your baby much better now?
I'm sorry, I was off NL for some days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:40am On Oct 25, 2020
tbaby123:
Good day house

My daughter is only 5months, she has been suffering heat rash ( may be is heat rash or ila ) and stubborn dandruff ( looks like craw craw) since she was 1month. Inside cool when my baby is having heat rash.

I live in the UK. I don't have mother, sister or any family here to help me with her.. I shed tears when she itches her hair and face to the extent its brings out blood..people kept telling is the normal here with black children but I don't believe. Her scalp is always very dry, whitish and lost all her hair because of this.

Is there anyone who has experience same? The rash on her face turns dry, makes her red and its itches her.

Have you taken her to the hospital?
Babies get rashes for a lot of reason which includes but not limited to:

1. Allergies : to food or body care products.
2. Heat
3. Skin infection.

If it's that much, then you definitely have to move beyond home therapy and seek a paed dermatologist.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2020
Lemonadewifey:

Yes, you can squeeze a little milk out to relieve you.
But be careful not too squeeze too much else you'll be asking your brain to produce more
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenfav(f): 9:39am On Oct 25, 2020
tbaby123:
Good day house

you might he dealing with scabies.See a paediatrician asap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2020
Jaynifer51:
It’s no longer as available as it used to be, tried to get it a couple of time but could not. I’ve discovered another one HOWDGE this one is za bomb ;Dit’s supper supper nice even finer than kisskids try it and come and thank me later

Ok Ma'am thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 11:11am On Oct 25, 2020
A little tip that has been helpful with vigilante and getting Zay to sleep at night.

Downloaded this Don't Cry My Baby app. Has varieties of white noise and rhymes, all I do is turn it on and lay him next to me and he sleeps after awhile. I turn it off once he is asleep and when he wakes to suck and is full, I turn it on again and he drifts back to sleep.

Before this, we keep awake from 11 till 4 or 5am embarassed and I wake very exhausted

Maybe those struggling with night sleep/Vigilante can give it a try. kiss

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
zaynie:

Yes, you can squeeze a little milk out to relieve you.
But be careful not too squeeze too much else you'll be asking your brain to produce more
TiffanyJ:

Buy cabbage from the market. Remove the cababages or make them into pieces. Do not cut the cabbage with knife. Just remove them one by one. Put the cabage in the fridge or freezer. Once they are very cold, remove and place them on your breast. It work wonders.
Thanks mama zee and Tiffany. The milk gushes out by itself when it's full and it's still hard. I'm hoping it'll go down by tomorrow. As for the cabbage, i can't get it where I'm staying.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by customizedme: 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lemonadewifey:

Wear a firm bra all day 247. Make sure it packs ur breast very well.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lemonadewifey: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
customizedme:

Wear a firm bra all day 247. Make sure it packs ur breast very well.
Chai!!! I actually wear bra + breast pad all day and at night I have to use towel because of the way it's coming out. Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Malevonent: 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jaynifer51:

wow good, where do you buy it? searched on konga and jumia, no luck. how much is it
this original huggies is killing 26k!!!. for a carton of 196/180/140..just for poooing alone
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trevolady(f): 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
PecAbby:
Hello Mothers and Pops.

This is exactly what my baby is going through for a week now,just that she's 8mths plus.I have been using ors and zinc but she still stool for like 5times in a day,I decided to get bioflor for her today as prescribed by a doctor,you can google it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tbaby123(f): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
[1quote author=zaynie post=95309496]

2. Heat
3. Skin infection.

If it's that much, then you definitely have to move beyond home therapy and seek a paed dermatologist. [/quote]

U have called the GP several time, what dey prescribe isn't working.
I think it's what Yorubas call ela. I am fed up
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemaville: 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lemonadewifey:

You can express just a little.wear like 2 to 3 bras to hold the breast firm .you can take Ibuprofen and put very cold cabagge leave in your bra.but don't express more than once in a day just a little and your shouldn't express for more than 2days.you will be fine

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PecAbby: 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
zaynie:

Is your baby much better now?
I'm sorry, I was off NL for some days.

The stooling has reduced to thrice a day and its getting bulkier.
I gave him very thick pap....further thickened by Nutribom. I don't know if I'm correct but it seems to be hardening his poop a bit.
I also give him lots of water (he loves water more than breastmilk) after each feed.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PecAbby: 9:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
Omakraid:

Could it be that he wants to or has started teething? Cos I know some babies pass stool when their teething process is about to start. Keep him hydrated always and you can take him to the clinic to prevent being too worried

Thanks Ma'am. He is always hydrated
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaynifer51: 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2020
My husband bought it in the market, he can’t remember the exact amount but it’s around 3k plus for 58 counts size 4. I’ll attach a picture

Malevonent:

wow good, where do you buy it? searched on konga and jumia, no luck. how much is it
this original huggies is killing 26k!!!. for a carton of 196/180/140..just for poooing alone

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2020
tbaby123:
[1quote author=zaynie post=95309496]

2. Heat
3. Skin infection.

If it's that much, then you definitely have to move beyond home therapy and seek a paed dermatologist.

U have called the GP several time, what dey prescribe isn't working.
I think it's what Yorubas call ela. I am fed up

What have they prescribed so far?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joyfulgal: 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jaynifer51:
My husband bought it in the market, he can’t remember the exact amount but it’s around 3k plus for 58 counts size 4. I’ll attach a picture

Pls how nice is the diaper?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2020
PecAbby:

The stooling has reduced to thrice a day and its getting bulkier.
I gave him very thick pap....further thickened by Nutribom. I don't know if I'm correct but it seems to be hardening his poop a bit.
I also give him lots of water (he loves water more than breastmilk) after each feed.

Good to hear that.
Kisses to your little one kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gladmom: 12:00am On Oct 26, 2020
angeltolly:

I don't even know if I have seen or heard about it before.

I was also worried if I'll see it but to my utmost surprise, I saw it and it's even economical.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2020
Sorry, haven't been online, take him to the hospital to rule out an infection

If it's not an infection it may be teething drama, but it's safer to rule it out

Modified: I see baby is better. For next time, remember BRAT diet for firming up poo: Banana, Rice, Applesauce and toast. Once your baby is pooing loose stools with no other symptoms a diet change works wonders.

PecAbby:
Hello Mothers and Pops.

Cc: hunnie.suzzie, lifted.hands, za.ynie, gid.dyperson, ang.eltolly,

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.