Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4429162 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 7:49am On Oct 30, 2020
hunniesuzie:
She is telling the truth, why she was hiding, I don't know, maybe they don't allow them do pp grin

Rota vaccine is to protect against rotavirus (causes diarrhoea). Some people don't give their kids and nothing happens so it's eventually up to you. I can't speak for that because both my kids took it (I'm not into taking such risks and thankfully it was within my budget)

Last part Abuja mamas can advise better. There was a govt hospital they were giving free in Lagos at some point but I don't know if they still do. Who knows, there may be a place in Abuja that it is cheaper or free

PS: it's 2 doses so if you're negotiating price note that (6 & 10 weeks)

is good if you can afford,that do not mean something will happen if you don't,the free ones is ok for ur baby,the nurses are probably doing their own business,but is not bad,is just a preventative drugs,and is nothing that the 6weeks drugs can't take care of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 7:53am On Oct 30, 2020
Ligxy:
Please mamas, my 8 months old baby is getting really active and I'm kinda not prepared for this at all. I literally scream all day for one thing or the other.. It's either he's climbing the window, or hitting me on my face with his strong and large hands, or pulling my hair or pouring water on my bed or biting me with his toothless gums or jumping so hard or wanting to touch the ceiling fan, or wanting to put his tiny fingers inside a live extension box or wanting to touch his poop and play with it or chewing at my phone or hiding the remote, or wanting to watch only jimjam or urinating in my pillow or scratching/pinching our neighbour's daughter.
I WASN'T prepared for all these at this early age.

Please what do I give him to replace burnt calories as I want him to remain chubby and he burns a lot. Help me with food with good calories please.
95 percentage of babies reduce weight as soon as they start moving about, starting from crawling,leave him dear,I feel u,ur eyes will be on him all time,except he is sleeping,no rest.u can introduce swallow with ogbono soup�

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 7:56am On Oct 30, 2020
Ameemee:
Good morning mamas, still interested in learning how to import from China. Am 100% available to learn now,God bless us all.
what will u like to import
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amakachris95(f): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2020
Good morning women.pls do you know anyone who is going through the issues of leaking of urine as a result of complication from delivery . There is going to be a screening test at kwali general hospital Abuja on 30-10-2020.while repair follows on Monday 1st /11/20.
The procedure is free!!! Pls help to restore hope to these ones by passing these information round God bless you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ameemee: 8:36am On Oct 30, 2020
Honeysweetest:
what will u like to import
. Bags, shoes and baby stuff, cos I buy most of my things from island. I ve a shop already.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by P4perissos: 10:48am On Oct 30, 2020
Please there is serious heat. I’m a first time mum. Baby is always sweating. Yet my mum insists on no fan or AC. Can’t I put on the fan or AC but cover the baby well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PecAbby: 3:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
Honeysweetest:
your baby is teething,is not as a result of any food change,drugs might be good,did not use for my baby,the thing is tiring,u keep changing diaper,but don't worry,it will stop.

Thank you Ma.
It has actually stopped.
But I haven't seen any teeth yet...lol. He is 6m+
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2020
why are you people using heat to stress this baby? In this hot Nigeria kwanu?

Biko put on anyone or all of the above!

P4perissos:
Please there is serious heat. I’m a first time mum. Baby is always sweating. Yet my mum insists on no fan or AC. Can’t I put on the fan or AC but cover the baby well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2020
Gistme12:
Help sweet mamas, my baby of 4 months is having dandruff. Pls how can I treat it, it's all over his head

Not dandruff but cradle cap. It will resolve on it on just keep moisturizing her hair
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
tbaby123:
Good day house

All mothers should kindly come to my rescu please and pls.

My daughter is only 5months, she has been suffering heat rash ( may be is heat rash or ila ) and stubborn dandruff ( looks like craw craw) since she was 1month. Inside cool when my baby is having heat rash.

I live in the UK. I don't have mother, sister or any family here to help me with her.. I shed tears when she itches her hair and face to the extent its brings out blood..people kept telling is the normal here with black children but I don't believe. Her scalp is always very dry, whitish and lost all her hair because of this.

Is there anyone who has experience same? The rash on her face turns dry, makes her red and its itches her.

Pls come to my rescu. Thank u all

When I was livinkng in the UK my son had same thing.... Dry scalp and very dry and rashed skin. My GP prescribed so many off the counter creams but nothing works.... Until I came to Nigeria and discovered it is ela.... I bath him with agbo and use one cream for yeast infection mixed with his cream and the thing disappeared..... So yes it is ella.... If you can get someone to get just the cream for you you will enjoy it... Just use a little... But with days off
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mooretes: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
your daughter has got cradle cap - use dentinox cradle cap shampoo or any cradle cap shampoo
u can also use coconut oil on her hair (from memory please dont quite me) but try to wash her hair less as its stripping off oil

it takes a while to go but it will resolve

tbaby123:
Good day house

All mothers should kindly come to my rescu please and pls.

My daughter is only 5months, she has been suffering heat rash ( may be is heat rash or ila ) and stubborn dandruff ( looks like craw craw) since she was 1month. Inside cool when my baby is having heat rash.

I live in the UK. I don't have mother, sister or any family here to help me with her.. I shed tears when she itches her hair and face to the extent its brings out blood..people kept telling is the normal here with black children but I don't believe. Her scalp is always very dry, whitish and lost all her hair because of this.

Is there anyone who has experience same? The rash on her face turns dry, makes her red and its itches her.

Pls come to my rescu. Thank u all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
PecAbby:

Thank you Ma.
It has actually stopped.
But I haven't seen any teeth yet...lol. He is 6m+
lol, by 7,u will see it,he is showing signs,but u may not see teeth now,will show soon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gistme12: 6:03am On Oct 31, 2020
Ayaoye:

Not dandruff but cradle cap. It will resolve on it on just keep moisturizing her hair
Thanks Mama, it's gone now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ligxy(f): 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2020
Honeysweetest:
95 percentage of babies reduce weight as soon as they start moving about, starting from crawling,leave him dear,I feel u,ur eyes will be on him all time,except he is sleeping,no rest.u can introduce swallow with ogbono soup�
Thanks ma. We started swallow with assorted since o. Before seven months sef. He eats well, I just want more suggestions on food that contain more good calories, you know, less quantity more quality. I don't want his tummy to be too big.
His favorite is agidi with soup, I make soup with everything because he will eat well as long as agidi is involved.
Egusi soup, okro, ogbono, egg soup, sweet potato soup, beans soup, fish soup, garden egg soup, onion soup. Lentils soup, name it, we have a soup version. grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ligxy(f): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
angeltolly:

I am having a good laugh cheesy cheesy leave that young man abeg or what else do you want him to be doing na? and please get prepared urgently o.

Please keep anything that can cause injury out of his reach. He shouldn't have access to his poo or any dirty thing around. He's just been inquisitive.
As per the pinching, he's innocent and just playing, bear with him.

Just feed him well, most children tends to slow down on the weight gain due to their activities especially when they start crawling. Welldone ma
Thank you ma. The newest now is that he'll remove his diaper by himself if it's too wet or when he poops.
He sleeps in just singlet and diaper cos of the heat, we wake up these days to a soggy diaper lying somewhere on the bed and his empty bumbum, free to air of course. grin grin

Thankfully, he doesn't poop at night.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ligxy(f): 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2020
Awesomemama:

The reverse is our case
What can I give to soften poop
She takes pap, nutribom and cerelac
I don't make them too thick
Drinking water is always a struggle
I give warm water in the morning
Today is day5 and no poop, I'm worried and it's usually hard when it takes this long.
I've given warm water today, nothing yet
She's 8m
Apple juice once in a while is good for bowel movement.
Boil the apple a bit before blending and extracting the juice.
That's what I was giving my bobo when he wasn't taking much water, but now, he finishes a bottle of 75cl Eva water in 2 days.
Kisses to her. kiss

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ligxy(f): 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2020
P4perissos:
Depends on the age I think. But we stay under ac from 1 month old cos my baby sweat a lot. He won't sleep without fan or AC, and he has never had cough or cold/catthar. Not even once.
He's now 8 months

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ameemee:
. Bags, shoes and baby stuff, cos I buy most of my things from island. I ve a shop already.
oh dear,I only know of hair,but don't worry,will ask my friends
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ligxy:

Thanks ma. We started swallow with assorted since o. Before seven months sef. He eats well, I just want more suggestions on food that contain more good calories, you know, less quantity more quality. I don't want his tummy to be too big.
His favorite is agidi with soup, I make soup with everything because he will eat well as long as agidi is involved.
Egusi soup, okro, ogbono, egg soup, sweet potato soup, beans soup, fish soup, garden egg soup, onion soup. Lentils soup, name it, we have a soup version. grin grin
nawa ooo,this bobo na minister for enjoyment ooi,nne this is enough,if ur son is too active,he will not add much, because of tomuch play play,scatter scatter,let me guess,he sweat alot too?I give mine enough pap,aside swallow,yam,he is 9month. but he did the same thing,reduced when he started his own scatter,but he regained a little,but he can never be that fat again cus of too much activity.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SugaryBelle(f): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hello Mamas,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pixzybee(f): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2020
good afternoon mamas, my 11day old boy did not poo since Wednesday morning. pls help me on what to do because I'm really worried
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amorprincesa24: 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
Your cervix is supposed to return to normal 6weeks postpartum. If you think you have symptoms of a prolapse, see another doctor.
SugaryBelle:
Hello Mamas, I'm 6 weeks post paturm , is it normal to have the cervix right in the lower vagina almost at the tip? I observed it when looking with a mirror because I had this feeling of heaviness in my vagina Which has stopped . I've gone to the hospital and did scan and they said everything is good and back to normal, but I'm still worried about seeing that blockage.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amorprincesa24: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
Are you on exclusive or do you give formula?
If you are on exclusive, what have you been eating for the past days? Is your swallow very strong?

If formula, try mix according to the instructions, don't make it thicker.

If your baby is breastfed only, you should be worried after 7days.
pixzybee:
good afternoon mamas, my 11day old boy did not poo since Wednesday morning. pls help me on what to do because I'm really worried
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amorprincesa24: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2020
Yes, you can!
P4perissos:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pixzybee(f): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
we are on exclusive ma..I will watch what i eat henceforth..thanks ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
pixzybee:
we are on exclusive ma..I will watch what i eat henceforth..thanks ma
If you are on exclusive, you have nothing to worry about. Breastmilk digest with little or no waste so sometimes an ebf baby can go a week with a poo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pixzybee(f): 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
angeltolly:

If you are on exclusive, you have nothing to worry about. Breastmilk digest with little or no waste so sometimes an ebf baby can go a week with a poo
Thank you very much ma..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ameemee: 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
Honeysweetest:
oh dear,I only know of hair,but don't worry,will ask my friends
. Thanks in advance ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
[quote author=Honeysweetest post=95532410]

wow,thanks mama for shedding more light on this.my baby didn't really weigh much after EBF.Felt really bad,thought I was doing something wrong in the complementary feeding thing..thank you!She also is really active
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
Pls help my DD toes are peeling and I don't know what could be the cause.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ligxy:

Apple juice once in a while is good for bowel movement.
Boil the apple a bit before blending and extracting the juice.
That's what I was giving my bobo when he wasn't taking much water, but now, he finishes a bottle of 75cl Eva water in 2 days.
Kisses to her. kiss

Will give it a try
Thought apple causes constipation, that's why I didn't consider giving her

(1) (2) (3) ... (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.