Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400820 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) (2399) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Prudify: 7:40am On Jan 31, 2021
Please moms, what is the treatment for measles.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 11:53am On Jan 31, 2021
Prudify:
Please moms, what is the treatment for measles.
Calamine lotion and antibiotics

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yummymum33: 11:55am On Jan 31, 2021
Good day mummies, please i need your advice. What can i put in my baby's teary eyes. They seem to have this yellowish discharge that dries up and makes it difficult for him to open his eyes. He is 2weeks old. They gave is an eyedrop from the hospital which i have been using but someone said he too young for eyedrop that i shlold try breastmilk.
Please what do you guys think.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yummymum33: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mummies please kindly help with this.
Yummymum33:
Good day mummies, please i need your advice. What can i put in my baby's teary eyes. They seem to have this yellowish discharge that dries up and makes it difficult for him to open his eyes. He is 2weeks old. They gave is an eyedrop from the hospital which i have been using but someone said he too young for eyedrop that i shlold try breastmilk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akell(m): 8:21pm On Jan 31, 2021
Yummymum33:

Penicillin Ointment. Tell the pharmacy it's for newborn.

Apply at night for 4-7 days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 10:49am On Feb 01, 2021
Good morning mamas

Please i have a question, my baby would be two months by Wednesday. I want to start giving her formula as i have to resume work later this month. Please can i also start giving water to drink? Or its till she turns 6months?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:01am On Feb 01, 2021
sugarcoatted:
Good morning mamas

Please i have a question, my baby would be two months by Wednesday. I want to start giving her formula as i have to resume work later this month. Please can i also start giving water to drink? Or its till she turns 6months?
When you give formula you have to give water after feed to avoid constipation.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugarcoatted(f): 11:02am On Feb 01, 2021
sugah:

When you give formula you have to give water after feed to avoid constipation.

Ok, thank you ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by izaray(f): 11:21am On Feb 01, 2021
Sabi mamas, my 4months old son was running temperature 2days ago, so the pharmacy i went to get a Babyrex syrup asked me if i have treated him malaria since i gave birth to him. So i want to know if is ok to get him a malaria drugs syrup too? Though after given him the Babyrex and cough syrup i bought he became fine!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yummymum33: 12:37pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ok ma'am.. Thank you.
Akell:

Penicillin Ointment. Tell the pharmacy it's for newborn.

Apply at night for 4-7 days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 3:26pm On Feb 01, 2021
Yummymum33:

Try cleaning with water and cotton wool often for a few days

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by funkydoll(f): 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
[quote author=Yummymum33 post=98616391]Mummies please kindly help with this. [/quote

it happened to my baby also @ 7weeks I used eye drop and it cleared the 3rd day...first clean the eye with moist cotton wool( dip in clean water)separate cotton wool for each eye. wash ur hand and apply the eye drop three times daily.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yummymum33: 5:25am On Feb 02, 2021
Thank you very much[quote author=funkydoll post=98648421][/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumDiamond: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
My 10 month+ old has decided to stop breastfeeding. This has been a gradual process for her. Initially she would only suckle midnight only and never during the day.

Now she doesn’t want at all. It’s been 2 days. The breast pain has started setting in. My mum said to not bother her, although I intended to breastfeed her much longer.

Please help with any pain reliever for the pain.

Thank you Mamas.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayornmn(f): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2021
Hello mamas
My two months old dd has been having stuffy/ blocked nose especially at night since I came back from the hospital after delivery.
Doctor said nothing is wrong that I should continue using steam but it has not gone still.
Please I need advice.any mama with the same experience here or what to do again.It hurts to see her struggling with the blocked nose
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2021
mayornmn:
Hello mamas
My two months old dd has been having stuffy/ blocked nose especially at night since I came back from the hospital after delivery.
Doctor said nothing is wrong that I should continue using steam but it has not gone still.
Please I need advice.any mama with the same experience here or what to do again.It hurts to see her struggling with the blocked nose
A friend suggested this. I trust it should be of help to you.
A drop of silverbird oil on your baby's bed and probably bib should do. It worked for my daughter.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by April2525: 9:56pm On Feb 02, 2021
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2021
[quote author=mayornmn post=98679586]Hello mamas
if it's not catarrh,and u have tried everything,pls,leave it daughter had it too..very uncomfortable something ,but she wl eventually outgrow it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by purplish(f): 12:01am On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=tikkykay post=98474202]Hello mamas
Good evening
Please how did you deal with healing of episiotomy stitches?
What and what helped? I am being pressured to sit on hot water which I was advised against at the clinic. The stiches hurt a lot .
Secondly I just noticed blood in my newborn's eye. I plan taking her to see the doc tomorrow. Has anyone experienced this pls?
[/quote

I was in your very same shoes! Had to battle with my mum to let me sit in warm water, salt and savlon as opposed to the burning hot one she wanted to push me in everyday. When did you have your baby? The pain was a lot initially to be honest, but I am 3 weeks post partum today and it is gone...just some slight pulling when I bend down and the urge to itch it sometimes. The warm water + salt and savlon really helped and I also took 2 tablets of paracetamol thrice daily to cope with the pain.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akell(m): 1:29am On Feb 03, 2021
mayornmn:
Hello mamas

Used steam, drop silverbird in the water and close all windows. Don't add any other thing. I also used saline water when it persisted as recommended by doctor. Also nebulizer in the hospital.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayornmn(f): 4:45am On Feb 03, 2021
I'll start doing this
Thanks mama.
threegees:

A friend suggested this. I trust it should be of help to you.
A drop of silverbird oil on your baby's bed and probably bib should do. It worked for my daughter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayornmn(f): 4:46am On Feb 03, 2021
I hope she outgrows it soon.
Thanks mama
[quote author=sunny15 post=98685448][/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayornmn(f): 4:50am On Feb 03, 2021
Alright mama.
Thank you
Akell:

Used steam, drop silverbird in the water and close all windows. Don't add any other thing. I also used saline water when it persisted as recommended by doctor. Also nebulizer in the hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adegbitown: 7:02am On Feb 04, 2021
Is this discharge like mucus? Are you breastfeeding exclusively? If your answers are yes, please stop the eye drops. It will go on its own before your baby clicks 2 months. My baby had it too and I was very worried but I was told my brest milk contains all antibiotics needs to heal. Just brestfeed well and he'll be fine.
Yummymum33:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by starM: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hello mumies in the house. Please I just weaned my child but the issue she rejects food. Pls advice me, what can I give her so that can be eating very well. It is urgent pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 1:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
What are d disadvantages of a nursing woman sitting on a bucket of hot water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joshua62: 6:10pm On Feb 06, 2021
Good evening to all,

My son received 2 shots of different vaccine today at the hospital. Mehn ever since we got back home he has been cranky, crying and refusing to eat..right now he's asleep..how soon will this pain leave him cause I can't stand it...as the dad I wish I could absorb the pain oo.

Or anything I can use to ease off his pain...my wife gave him Panda but e be like say e no work jare..

Thanks to all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
Joshua62:
Good evening to all,

My son received 2 shots of different vaccine today at the hospital. Mehn ever since we got back home he has been cranky, crying and refusing to eat..right now he's asleep..how soon will this pain leave him cause I can't stand it...as the dad I wish I could absorb the pain oo.

Or anything I can use to ease off his pain...my wife gave him Panda but e be like say e no work jare..

Thanks to all
Penta is the culprit. cry
Unfortunately there's nothing else you can do except to keep petting him until the pain subsides...and try not to touch the leg in question. Don't bother bathing him if possible, just wipe him down with a wet towel and avoid the leg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by starM: 5:30pm On Feb 07, 2021
starM:
Hello mumies in the house. Please I just weaned my child but the issue she rejects food. Pls advice me, what can I give her so that can be eating very well. It is urgent pls.

Any response please.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iamhistreasure: 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2021
Goodevening mamas,my baby has refused to suck but when I express and give to him he eats very well.This just started two days ago,he is a week plus old and it's very heartbreaking for me.What can I do to help?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
iamhistreasure:
Goodevening mamas,my baby has refused to suck but when I express and give to him he eats very well.This just started two days ago,he is a week plus old and it's very heartbreaking for me.What can I do to help?
Most likely nipple confusion.
Did he latch properly before you introduced bottle? You know the bottle lets down the milk faster than sucking directly from the nipple and its even worse if he didn't latch properly.
What you can do....feed him the expressed milk with spoon and cup and try to reestablish breastfeeding.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) (2399) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.