Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4395751 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 11:20pm On Feb 14, 2021
nlikkyshyne:
Please help me before I open shop. Done with exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months 2 weeks ago. My baby refused formula.
I have tried every methods. Even mix a little quantity with breast milk, my baby stil recognises the difference. What on earth am I gonna do cry
only formulae?, try cereal + formulae,pap+formular and some purées.
you have to keep trying till he gets used to the taste.

please stick with one milk,so his tummy does not upset him.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 12:31am On Feb 15, 2021
adegbitown:
Don't force it mama.
I don't think formula is compulsory after EBF. Give your baby solids and fruits in puree form. If you must add milk, add breat.milk.
I stand to be corrected.
You are correct. Formula isn't necessary tbh.

Nlikkyshyne
Purees/cereals can still be mixed with breastmilk and continue breastfeeding the baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemaville: 9:49am On Feb 15, 2021
Brownsmoothie:
Hi mamas good evening, please what home remedy can I use for persistent cough....my 4 years old has been coughing on and off for a month now and we have been to the hospital twice(given different antibiotics)he is done with antibiotics 2days ago but he is still coughing, especially at night.please whatelse can I give aside honey ?.thanks as I await your response

Have you tried ginger,honey and lemon therapy?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Vyvyanvyvy: 11:32am On Feb 15, 2021
my baby was vomiting and had a running tummy no temperature, we went to the doctor and it has since stopped after some injections but she is  not eating she  just wants breast milk and water please help she is  only 8 months old

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 2:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
Vyvyanvyvy:
my baby was vomiting and had a running tummy no temperature, we went to the doctor and it has since stopped after some injections but she is  not eating she  just wants breast milk and water please help she is  only 8 months old
Usually they lose their appetite with illness (that's a first sign to know baby is ill, when they start rejecting food)...my pead normally recommends bcomplex to help boost back appetite.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayornmn(f): 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2021
Good afternoon mamas
I'm resuming soon and I want to ask some questions from mamas who have exclusively breastfed while working/schooling.Please don't ignore please even if its one you can answer out of the questions please do.My dd is 2 months btw.
1) When do you pump? Do you pump throughout the night when you're back or you pump and store in freezer for future use
2)If you pump and store in the freezer how do you maintain it with this naija light
3)When pumping how do you know you need to take a break and how long does it take for the breast to fill back
4)Do you take anything to boost lactation
5)How many mls/ounces do you pump per day
6)How do you wash and sterilize your pumping parts in between pumping
7)Where do you store the breast milk after pumping
coolPlease if you know any where I can pumping bra for plus size breasts in lagos please describe
Thank you kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joct: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2021
Please experienced mums in the house, FTM here! I need your help. How do I correct my three month old baby from opening the mouth even while asleep?

Your answers will be appreciated. Pls I’m worried, I heard it’s not something to be taken lightly as it can affect their health
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tunrayoluv(f): 4:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
Joct:
Please experienced mums in the house, FTM here! I need your help. How do I correct my three month old baby from opening the mouth even while asleep?

Your answers will be appreciated. Pls I’m worried, I heard it’s not something to be taken lightly as it can affect their health

Just help your baby at every opportunity you get by gently closing the mouth with your fingers. With time baby will stop opening mouth. My babe did dat at birth and I help her close it consistently till she got used to doing it herself.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joct: 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2021
Thanks for your response

Ive been doing that o, but my baby keeps opening it immediately. I even hold the mouth close for about 20mins still my baby opens it up immediately I release my hand.

Will keep trying!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joct: 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2021
Tunrayoluv:

Just help your baby at every opportunity you get by gently closing the mouth with your fingers. With time baby will stop opening mouth. My babe did dat at birth and I help her close it consistently till she got used to doing it herself.

Thanks for your response

Ive been doing that o, but my baby keeps opening it immediately. I even hold the mouth close for about 20mins still my baby opens it up immediately I release my hand.

Will keep trying!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shithapuns: 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
So for 2 days now, 9 month old baby has been throwing up food after meals, no temperature, normal appetite and mood. The anus area is a bit reddish and tender as well...

Someone suggested deworming, googled and google is saying untill 1yr, dont deworm.
Any mama esperienced this??.

Also my favourite diaper kisskids seems to be out of stock in the market, and expensive online, the seller recommended mario and juliet, has anybody used them?.

Between asda little angels, mammia, mario&juliet, which of them is as good as kisskids? Or even another brand that is better than kisskids
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Sophiemama: 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2021
shithapuns:
So for 2 days now, 9 month old baby has been throwing up food after meals, no temperature, normal appetite and mood. The anus area is a bit reddish and tender as well...

Someone suggested deworming, googled and google is saying untill 1yr, dont deworm.

Also my favourite diaper kisskids seems to be out of stock in the market, and expensive online, the seller recommended mario and juliet, has anybody used them?.

Between asda little angels, mammia, mario&juliet, which of them is as good as kisskids? Or even another brand that is better than kisskids
Mario and Juliet is good.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2021
shithapuns:

Between asda little angels, mammia, mario&juliet, which of them is as good as kisskids? Or evenq another brand that is better than kisskids
where do you stay that kisskid is scarce? asda little angels is good.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shithapuns: 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
nnekaike:
where do you stay that kiss
kid is scarce? asda little angels is good.

its the size 4 that is scarce, size 2 and 3 is everywhere in the market.

nnekaike:
where do you stay that kisskid is scarce? asda little angels is good.

Same as kisskid, or slightly beta?
Sophiemama:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 10:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
shithapuns:

its the size 4 that is scarce, size 2 and 3 is everywhere in the market.

Same as kisskid, or slightly beta?
yes size4 is scarce, asda is better.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 1:47am On Feb 16, 2021
I didn't eventually work during my 6months exclusive cos my work conditions weren't female friendly talk more of baby friendly, so I can only give tips on few questions ..in bold
mayornmn:
Good afternoon mamas
I'm resuming soon and I want to ask some questions from mamas who have exclusively breastfed while working/schooling.Please don't ignore please even if its one you can answer out of the questions please do.My dd is 2 months btw.
1) When do you pump? Do you pump throughout the night when you're back or you pump and store in freezer for future use.
You are supposed to start pumping and storing milk way ahead of your resumption so you can have a good stash to cover for the bad days. BM can stay 6 days in the fridge and 6 months in the freezer. Then when you resume work, if your baby sleeps through the night your breast will be very full in the morning..so schedule a pumping session in the morning before you go to work. If you have a secured place at work where you can pump, you can do so and store in the fridge at work..else you pump when you return from work before or after breastfeeding your baby.

2)If you pump and store in the freezer how do you maintain it with this naija light.
3)When pumping how do you know you need to take a break and how long does it take for the breast to fill back
This shouldn't be a problem if you are lactating well. It takes some people less than 1hr to pump 270mls and some wouldn't get 270mls even if they pump for hours. So either set a time target or quantity target with each pumping session
4)Do you take anything to boost lactation
personally, I'm currently taking everything takeable cry Although I just started taking them last week cos my supply dropped drastically 2 weeks ago due starvation. I'm doing lactation cookies and fenugreek/fennel seed tea
5)How many mls/ounces do you pump per day
I only manage to pump twice most days..between 90-150mls per session
6)How do you wash and sterilize your pumping parts in between pumping
Yes I do cos I breastfeed between pumps and the sessions are spaced out
7)Where do you store the breast milk after pumping
Get breastmilk storage bags...
coolPlease if you know any where I can pumping bra for plus size breasts in lagos please describe
Thank you kiss

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayornmn(f): 7:44am On Feb 16, 2021
Oh wow!
Thank you so much kiss
sugah:
I didn't eventually work during my 6months exclusive cos my work conditions weren't female friendly talk more of baby friendly, so I can only give tips on few questions ..in bold

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:28am On Feb 16, 2021
mayornmn:
Oh wow!
Thank you so much kiss

Uwc.
Forgot to add; on point 3, if you eat a balanced meal and take lots of water and feed/pump very often your supply will increase...except there's a hormonal imbalance issue.

Also, if possible get a hand pump that you can carry around incase you get stuck somewhere and your boobies starts leaking.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 11:07am On Feb 16, 2021
Vyvyanvyvy:

Wow, 8 mths already?congratultions.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 11:08am On Feb 16, 2021
nikkyshyne:
Please help me before I open shop. Done with exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months 2 weeks ago. My baby refused formula.
I have tried every methods. Even mix a little quantity with breast milk, my baby stil recognises the difference. What on earth am I gonna do cry

blend what you eat and feed her. that's how we end roll.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ejaisky: 11:19am On Feb 16, 2021
Sorry mamas for bringing this here. Benin mamas please where can I shop for baby things at affordable rate. Please help a ftm.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shithapuns: 11:48am On Feb 16, 2021
LadySarah:

blend what you eat an
d feed her. that's how we end roll.

Even with the salt, pepper , maggi etc?
We wanted to do rhat, and someone adviced that salt and pepper isnt good for babies under 1yr and cooking specially for them without those ingredients is time consuming, for now we hive Tom brown & mis with formular
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Vyvyanvyvy: 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2021
LadySarah:

Wow, 8 mths already?congratultions.

Thank you so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Homodolarpoh(f): 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2021
Good day sabi mamas,

Holla me for a car seater going for 15K
Chat me up for the picture(Lagos only) 09ZERO5735ONE5ONE7
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpapi: 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2021
Sophiemama:
wat is d price and quantity for size 2
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 5:33pm On Feb 16, 2021
shithapuns:

We wanted to do rhat, and someone adviced that salt and pepper isnt good for babies under 1yr and cooking specially for them without those ingredients is time consuming, for now we hive Tom brown & mis with formular

lol Put food in ur babies mouth my sister. I Ebfed my 3kids and aside the 1st that grudgingly accepted formula and cereals to later refuse around 1 yr, the rest 2 refused totally.If you see my wastebin then with my 1st you will cry for me. Wasted different brands of cereals n formula. It was fruit purees and home cooked food throughout especially swallows.My last is 18mths, ebfed for 7mths and thereafter breastmilk and family meals. The 3 are foodies as in you don't joke with food where they are.Solid food not snacks or factory juice(banned in my home) .

Does your baby not express interest while you are eating?

nothing will happen.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2021
iamhistreasure:

Goodevening,yes I am

oh this God is good. You actually came into my thought 3 weeks ago now this. Congratulations and may baby be the coolness of your eyes and a blessing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2021
shithapuns:

Only tombrown and formular? cry pls give your baby varieties naw....
You can have a separate stew for baby that you can mix with okro or ewedu for amala. Stew with mashed rice/sweet potatoes/beans...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shithapuns: 10:38am On Feb 17, 2021
sugah:

Only tombrown and formular? cry pls give your baby varieties naw....
You can have a separate stew for baby that you can mix with okro or ewedu for amala. Stew with mashed rice/sweet potatoes/beans...

ok, we give fruit pureee as well. Baby Shows interest when we give adult food, mashed rice, swallow etc...

What of the formular, you still add it to the blended adult food?, Learnt they need the nutrients in formular for proper development.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ChizziCindy(f): 10:57am On Feb 17, 2021
Please mamas I need your advice on how to boost my baby appetite. My baby is 10 month she has virtually refused all food... cereal, tom brown even the normal adult food. The only thing I have observe she likes is banana and fried plantain. It's really fustrating, we will be batting to eat for up to an hour with serious cry ooh and messing up every where..I need help on how to make her like eating.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shithapuns: 11:37am On Feb 17, 2021
ChizziCindy:
Please mamas I need your advice on how to boost my baby appetite. My baby is 10 month she has virtually refused all food... cereal, tom brown even the normal adult food. The only thing I have observe she likes is banana and fried plantain. It's really fustrating, we will be batting to eat for up to an hour with serious cry ooh and messing up every where..I need help on how to make her like eating.

Same wahala we are facing now.

They said Mlm - iron supplements and vitamin b complex supplements helps.

Someone mentioned deworming too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ameemee: 11:55am On Feb 17, 2021
Dou I give her pascaul yoghurt

(1) (2) (3) ... (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) (2401) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.