Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4392592 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) (2410) (2411) (2412) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amSteph(f): 8:51am On Apr 17, 2021
zaynie:
Some people and oversabi are 5 and 6.
Neck massage kor.
Cold and convulsions are caused by different things.
Yes, you can massage your baby gently but only to pamper her in a chop life manner cheesy

Droyal

#ChopLifeManner ���hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Droyal(f): 8:52am On Apr 17, 2021
zaynie:
Some people and oversabi are 5 and 6.
Neck massage kor.
Cold and convulsions are caused by different things.
Yes, you can massage your baby gently but only to pamper her in a chop life manner cheesy

Droyal

Thank you.

The matter just taya me.

Loool at the bolded, the way she was talking about pressing hole, 'you press it well, press it to show, it will pain the baby oo' . I was amazed.
Its normal gentle massage I also know.

Thank you once again

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Droyal(f): 8:55am On Apr 17, 2021
amSteph:

I haven’t heard that before. But I totally agree with u. The chubbier, the less obvious. It doesn’t go away. I wouldn’t press my baby to make it visible or whatever.

Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akell(m): 9:05am On Apr 17, 2021
Good morning mommas. I've got this questions that need your experienced inputs.

I have twins, a boy and a girl of 8 months old. They can't sit alone unsupported yet. I hope it's not too late. And I notice, the lady eats better than the male. She eats almost anything we eat. But the guy doesn't take anything apart from bosom milk and pap. Should that be a concern?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:55am On Apr 17, 2021
Droyal:
Good morning everyone please I just want to ask a question, someone said I should be massaging my baby's neck( you know that hole between the neck and the shoulder) that its not good for it to be completely covered with flesh O. I asked why no logical explanation that ermm cold,co vulsion. That I should be pressing the hole so it will be visible she even said it will pain the baby but I shouldnt mind, a 1 year plus baby.

I even said the hole can never be blocked its still there just that the fleshier the baby the less visible it might be.

You know when even in adults a slim person the hole is more prominent than someone who is a bit chubby same as babies which is the norm.

I just said okay because I didn't believe or agree with the person, I don't think there's any logical reason to do that and I didn't want to argue.

I have heared differnet things but this seems to be the strangest and I am not even a first time mum.

Later on pressed mine and hubbys own the muscles there pained for a long while, my husband now said shey you see how painful it is so someone wants you to do that to a baby for no logical reason.

My sister let us just laugh together grin grin grin

Clavicle (neck bone) that I'm seriously looking for now because when mine disappears it means I've added too much weight cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Droyal(f): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2021
sugah:

My sister let us just laugh together grin grin grin

Clavicle (neck bone) that I'm seriously looking for now because when mine disappears it means I've added too much weight cry

grin cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 1:15pm On Apr 17, 2021
Droyal:
Good morning everyone please I just want to ask a question, someone said I should be massaging my baby's neck( you know that hole between the neck and the shoulder) that its not good for it to be completely covered with flesh O. I asked why no logical explanation that ermm cold,co vulsion. That I should be pressing the hole so it will be visible she even said it will pain the baby but I shouldnt mind, a 1 year plus baby.

I even said the hole can never be blocked its still there just that the fleshier the baby the less visible it might be.

You know when even in adults a slim person the hole is more prominent than someone who is a bit chubby same as babies which is the norm.

I just said okay because I didn't believe or agree with the person, I don't think there's any logical reason to do that and I didn't want to argue.

I have heared differnet things but this seems to be the strangest and I am not even a first time mum.

Later on pressed mine and hubbys own the muscles there pained for a long while, my husband now said shey you see how painful it is so someone wants you to do that to a baby for no logical reason.

Just curious has anybody heard of this before.
Picture attached for illustration ( Google image)

sugah
Zaynie
LadySarah
All mamas

Nothing wey musa no go see for gate am a ftm thou have not heard of this but seriously all this myths are annoying my baby will be a month old in some days since we got to my in-laws place after delivery they have been massaging his nose I asked why o they said so his nose will be soft if it's not massaged it will stand like plastic am still wondering is it everyone that massage baby nose anyway if it won't harm the baby I will just accept like that but if I see it's something that might affect in future I reject with style.It is well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
Akell:

I have twins, a boy and a girl of 8 months old. They can't sit alone unsupported yet. I hope it's not too late. And I notice, the lady eats better than the male. She eats almost anything we eat. But the guy doesn't take anything apart from bosom milk and pap. Should that be a concern?

If their neck support is okay and when you stand them they can atleast stand hard for some seconds,no problem.but if worrried,visit a paeD to allay your fears.Girl twins reach their milestones faster than the male twin.Youll notice that the male tends to be clingy more than her.From teething to walking to crawling to running,infact everything,she'll be ahead of him. Its nature for you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Tinudesi:

Nothing wey musa no go see for gate am a ftm thou have not heard of this but seriously all this myths are annoying my baby will be a month old in some days since we got to my in-laws place after delivery they have been massaging his nose I asked why o they said so his nose will be soft if it's not massaged it will stand like plastic am still wondering is it everyone that massage baby nose anyway if it won't harm the baby I will just accept like that but if I see it's something that might affect in future I reject with style.It is well

It is not me that wll tell you that my mil accused me when she came for Omugwo, of not massaging /molding my son's buttocks and how it'll now be flat in future or ''didnt i like how my husband's own is full and standing?''

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2021
LadySarah:

It is not me that wll tell you that my mil accused me when she came for Omugwo, of not massaging /molding my son's buttocks and how it'll now be flat in future or ''didnt i like how my husband's own is full and standing?''

LMAO!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olotu77: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
LadySarah:

If their neck support is okay and when you stand them they can atleast stand hard for some seconds,no problem.but if worrried,visit a paeD to allay your fears.Girl twins reach their milestones faster than the male twin.Youll notice that the male tends to be clingy more than her.From teething to walking to crawling to running,infact everything,she'll be ahead of him. Its nature for you

Life is so funny sometimes ,I also have twins a boy and a girl 8 months too, but my boy eats everything, anything , girls doesn't want anything except breast
About the standing palava boy will fold his legs if u try standing him up, girl stand:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olotu77: 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
Akell:

Hello sis, are they preterm babies Bcus I gave birth to mine 31weeks and was told by my pediatrician that I should always add the remaining weeks to make them full term for any of their development except eating

I mean I should not compare them to other full term babies born the same date
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jieta: 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2021
please mother's in the house help.

I don't know if she is in labour, this evening she has been complaining about water coming out from her. please any idea, although she doesn't feel any pain.

But when we went for scan last month, the doctor said her due date is 15 of may. please any idea about what she is passing through.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MomoAdura: 7:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
jieta:

I don't know if she is in labour, this evening she has been complaining about water coming out from her. please any idea, although she doesn't feel any pain.

But when we went for scan last month, the doctor said her due date is 15 of may. please any idea about what she is passing through.

That's her water breaking.
Please head straight to the hospital
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
jieta:

I hope u are already on your way to the hospital if no please be on your way immediately
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
LadySarah:

Lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2021
LadySarah:

Omg,permit me to LOL abeg,these mothers ehn!���
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jieta: 9:33am On Apr 18, 2021
Tinudesi:

I hope u are already on your way to the hospital if no please be on your way immediately
Who ever open this thread God will bless you thousand times.

Tinudesi, your blessings will be uncountable, What ever you place your hand blessings, your children will make you proud.

Thank you for the timely advice, my wife gave birth this morning, bouncing baby boy.

29 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jieta: 9:38am On Apr 18, 2021
MomoAdura:

That's her water breaking.
Please head straight to the hospital
You did not specify your gender.

For this advice you gave me, happiness will never leave your family, uncountable blessings, unlimited blessings will locate you in Jesus name.

Thanks for the advice once again my wife gave birth to a baby boy.

12 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 11:19am On Apr 18, 2021
jieta:
Who ever open this thread God will bless you thousand times.

Tinudesi, your blessings will be uncountable, What ever you place your hand blessings, your children will make you proud.

Thank you for the timely advice, my wife gave birth this morning, bouncing baby boy.
Wow.Winderful.Congratulations daddy baby.May he be all you prayed for.Amen to all the prayers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MomoAdura: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
jieta:
You did not specify your gender.

For this advice you gave me, happiness will never leave your family, uncountable blessings, unlimited blessings will locate you in Jesus name.

Thanks for the advice once again my wife gave birth to a baby boy.

We need dancing emoji ooooo
Ohhhh Alhamdulilahi Robil'Alameen.
Ameeeeeeeeeen to all the prayers sir.
God bless the new born, his mum & you too. I'm happy to hear this.
Wishing her quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Claire104: 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hello everyone.. please help me look at this case o..my boy is 16months old but poops in his sleep.. even at midnight .it's been happening for like 2weeks now....it's so frustrating to wake up at midnight to change diapers... I don't know if it's because he's growing up to 4 teeth at the same time. But he's not sick.. please I need help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SaintDaniels(f): 5:18am On Apr 19, 2021
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SaintDaniels(f): 5:21am On Apr 19, 2021
Akell:

Its not too late. Teach you baby how to sit independently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI_SXgZZ8Hc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 6:19am On Apr 19, 2021
Claire104:
Hello everyone.. please help me look at this case o..my boy is 16months old but poops in his sleep.. even at midnight .it's been happening for like 2weeks now....it's so frustrating to wake up at midnight to change diapers... I don't know if it's because he's growing up to 4 teeth at the same time. But he's not sick.. please I need help.

It's a phase.
As long as he isn't potty trained yet, he'll do it in the diapers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DocAdray(f): 9:27am On Apr 19, 2021
LadySarah:

Nne permit me to laugh biko, this got me... grin cheesy grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyD2020(f): 10:58am On Apr 19, 2021
Akell:

Firstly, I hail u iya ejima. More strength to u. It's a bit late for an 8 months old to sit unassisted but every kid grow at their own pace. U have to keep encouraging them to sit. They will measure up to their milestones with constant trials. Mine sat unassisted from 4 months. Although she still falls sometimes. She gets better daily. As for eating, u keep introducing new foods to them to encourage them. What I learned is to not give up. If it's the pap he likes, continue but keep trying other ones. The way this girl looks eat me while I eat is scary. With unbreakable stare.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyD2020(f): 11:01am On Apr 19, 2021
LadySarah:

The future is indeed female
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Claire104: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2021
zaynie:

It's a phase.
As long as he isn't potty trained yet, he'll do it in the diapers.
Ok..thank you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2021
Good morning great mothers.
Pls my son is having some discomfort which started last night and resulted in vomiting and stooling. He complained again this morning and didn't take much breakfast.

I have called the school already and the teacher said he has been moody.

Actionable plans: Buy worm meds and deworm him or take him to hospital.

Mamas please advice
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
2.5ml of juice from squeezed scent leaf is good.Its my routine every quarter of the yr for gastrointestinal issues.

I'm not a sucker for herbal stuffs but this saved my son after several hospital visits .Now i have several leaves dried and stored and taken like green tea once a while.Everybpdy including my 22mth old drinks it.

If your mind no gree you,still go to hospital.
Cc.Zimunachimdi.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) (2410) (2411) (2412) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.