Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4411404 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trevolady(f): 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2021
Hello mamas,pls i'll like to know if the colour of Flemming oral suspension change from white to yellow when water is been added to it,I can't reach my doctor and i'm just scared to give my baby since i noticed the change in colour.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
trevolady:
Hello mamas,pls i'll like to know if the colour of Flemming oral suspension change from white to yellow when water is been added to it,I can't reach my doctor and i'm just scared to give my baby since i noticed the change in colour.

Yes. The colour is not pure white, it's not yellow like real yellow. But off white, the longer it stays the colour changes. As long as you mixed the suspension in an hygienic way then there's no problem. Also ensure to refrigerate it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trevolady(f): 4:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
AbbynHummy:

Yes. The colour is not pure white, it's not yellow like real yellow. But off white, the longer it stays the colour changes. As long as you mixed the suspension in an hygienic way then there's no problem. Also ensure to refrigerate it

Thanks mama,mine turned to custard yellow even after refrigerating it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2021
Angeltolly my May2020 cappo how u Dey? How is the family MA... Mama's abeg what can I do to make this my small madam take adult food? She is almost 1yr 2mnths, eats adult foods sometimes though but not as much as I want and d small she takes self she won't even collect from me.... She takes tombrown(which I do make myself) blended oat, cerelac, sometimes mashed noddles and fruits, we use Dano fullcream milk.... But the issue is I want her to start taking adult food well....Abeg mama's ideas and suggestions are needed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dim08: 7:40am On Jul 06, 2021
busybeei5:
Please mamas which formula is more friendly for a one month old baby.
I have tried sma gold and NAN but my baby vomits it.
Please help cry we'll soon resume back to work
I can really feel the pain of the baby.

Exclusive breastfeeding should be legalised. A baby's intestine is not develop enough to digest baby food until six month.

Breast milk is what the baby needs. Find a way to extract the milk and keep refrigerated before leaving home.
Using formulas to feed babies less than six months jeopardizes their IMMUNITY.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iwantpeace: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2021
Dim08:

I can really feel the pain of the baby.

Exclusive breastfeeding should be legalised. A baby's intestine is not develop enough to digest baby food until six month.

Breast milk is what the baby needs. Find a way to extract the milk and keep refrigerated before leaving home.
Using formulas to feed babies less than six months jeopardizes their IMMUNITY.
What if exclusive breastfeeding is not achievable.like me now my baby clocked 3 weeks on sunday. He refused to suck from the day he was born. I express n give with cup n spoon but it's not enough for him. Anytime I give him breast he struggles with it . So how is going to survive without food

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joydan95: 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2021
Please, Yoruba mums in the house what can I use to treat “ILA” (it is like rashes but it’s in patches and red too) on my baby’s body. He is just 2 months and 2weeks....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2021
Joydan95:
Please, Yoruba mums in the house what can I use to treat “ILA” (it is like rashes but it’s in patches and red too) on my baby’s body. He is just 2 months and 2weeks....
if you can get the red acalypha leave or onions peels, you boil and bath him with the water

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 4:08pm On Jul 06, 2021
Joydan95:
You can reach out to a Dr to recommend an active antifungal cream for him. Mupirocin ointment worked for my daughter

Modified: sorry I didn't see the caption "Yoruba mom's" before I commented. Kindly ignore

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joydan95: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2021
tatacherie:

You can reach out to a Dr to recommend an active antifungal cream for him. Mupirocin ointment worked for my daughter

Modified: sorry I didn't see the caption "Yoruba mom's" before I commented. Kindly ignore
Lol, I said “Yoruba mums” cos I don’t know the English name. The question is open to anyone.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joydan95: 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2021
Mzleemah:
if you can get the red acalypha leave or onions peels, you boil and bath him with the water
Thank you very much. Please for how many days do I bathe him with it? And what is the cause of it so I can prevent reoccurrence?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
Mzleemah:
I second this it works wonders within 3 days u will see the difference

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 4:44pm On Jul 06, 2021
Joydan95:

Thank you very much. Please for how many days do I bathe him with it? And what is the cause of it so I can prevent reoccurrence?
U can use it for a week to cure it totally,although am still boiling the onion peel for my boy I just add little to his bathing water,

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2021
Joydan95:

uwc ma, use it till its clear say like a week, I actually don't know the cause
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by busybeei5(f): 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2021
Tinudesi:

U can use it for a week to cure it totally,although am still boiling the onion peel for my boy I just add little to his bathing water,
Please mama is it the regular onion peel? The one we peel off before slicing onions? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
busybeei5:

Please mama is it the regular onion peel? The one we peel off before slicing onions? Thanks
It's normal onion peel,go to those aboki selling onions tell them to give u onion peel,they will be glad self cos it's like u parking their dirt grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by veekid(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2021
Pweetiebabe:
Angeltolly my May2020 cappo how u Dey? How is the family MA... Mama's abeg what can I do to make this my small madam take adult food? She is almost 1yr 2mnths, eats adult foods sometimes though but not as much as I want and d small she takes self she won't even collect from me.... She takes tombrown(which I do make myself) blended oat, cerelac, sometimes mashed noddles and fruits, we use Dano fullcream milk.... But the issue is I want her to start taking adult food well....Abeg mama's ideas and suggestions are needed.
that makes the two of us, my son won't take anything solid, he's going to be 19months few days time, just cerelac, pap, cereal, oats, sometimes we blend rice, beans, yam or any cooked food for him and add milk for him and he takes it. You can try Irish potatoes (smashed) with soft chicken too. That's how we are feeding the lil niggaa. Peace
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by busybeei5(f): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2021
Tinudesi:

It's normal onion peel,go to those aboki selling onions tell them to give u onion peel,they will be glad self cos it's like u parking their dirt grin
Wow thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
veekid:
that makes the two of us, my son won't take anything solid, he's going to be 19months few days time, just cerelac, pap, cereal, oats, sometimes we blend rice, beans, yam or any cooked food for him and add milk for him and he takes it. You can try Irish potatoes (smashed) with soft chicken too. That's how we are feeding the lil niggaa. Peace
Thanks Sir
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 7:46pm On Jul 06, 2021
Joydan95:

Lol, I said “Yoruba mums” cos I don’t know the English name. The question is open to anyone.
Ok no wahala cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemaville: 9:41pm On Jul 06, 2021
trevolady:

It's normal. It changes colour after staying awhile
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemaville: 9:50pm On Jul 06, 2021
mayornmn:
Good evening mamas, my 7 months old dd has this lump in her breast.Its been there for weeks and I don’t think it’s painful.Has anyone experienced same?

Are you sure it's a lump? Does she have it on bother breasts? If she has it on both breast I would say it is normal as some girls are born with" small breast" and it gradually disappears as they grow up. Since it's not painful,I would suggest you leave and see

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2021
Pweetiebabe:

Sorry, I just got your mention. Its best to keep giving her anytime you are eating, they mostly show interest at such time + you will need oversize patience o. You can try finger foods for her. The trick is to just keep trying and you will be surprised she will catch up soon.

Weldone ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Faithfulfaythe: 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2021
Please I would like to know what age should potty training start and how is it done?my daughter is 18months old and I don't know if I'm to start or wait
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whyworryPH(f): 4:10am On Jul 08, 2021
Faithfulfaythe:
Please I would like to know what age should potty training start and how is it done?my daughter is 18months old and I don't know if I'm to start or wait

18 months is a good time to start training her. Just start sitting her on it like it's a seat. If she accepts it, it makes the job easier for her to use it. If she doesn't like it, then let her go pant-less when at home. Keep the potty close by so that when she starts peeing, you can quickly grab the potty and fetch as much as you can. The point here is for her to start getting use to the idea that pee should go into the potty. And after it, praise her and give her Hi-five.

You can do this on weekends if you work during the week. It might take just a weekend, a month or even months for her to grab the idea. But patiently keep at it and you will see some progress.

If she has started school, then school will also help you. My son started school at 2 years after covid school closure. I started training him a few weeks before he started school. He wasn't getting the idea of peeing into it, but we succeeded in getting him to sit and poo in it. I would wear him only pants and observe when he wants to poo. They like hiding to poo, so whenever he starts running to enter the room or just get away from us, I knew he wanted to poo, and would quickly sit him on the potty and give him a phone to press.

The school stopped us from wearing them diaper earlier this year and started taking them to pee in groups of same gender. They asked me to follow up at home and after some days, the guy became a pro at it. He was about 2 years 3 months at the time.

So, yes, you can start now to see if your daughter will be interested. But don't force her so that she doesn't grow a fear for the potty. All the best!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2021
I greet you all mamas
Congratulations to the new moms in the house

Please I'm soliciting for advice on this sensitive case pls no insult please I have cried enough for been such a careless mother cry

I just noticed this evening that my 3 years old daughter's vagina hole is totally closed like a healed wound after her caregiver told me in school today that she has been scratching the place lately and suggested I check her. How come I didn't notice at home and she never complained is astonishing

I didn't give birth to her with a closed vagina ooo I'm totally scattered as I type. I've never heard of such all my life. I'm taking her to the clinic but I need ideas pls. Has anyone heard of this before? How was it managed?

Ejoor nor Waka pass mamas I just need information on the name of such a condition and how it can be managed so I can confidently follow the doctors up make Dem nor go damage the place. My head is spinning cry

Godbless you all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by YummySuits(f): 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
tatacherie:
I greet you all mamas

Please I'm soliciting for advice on this sensitive case pls no insult please I have cried enough for been such a careless mother cry

I just noticed this evening that my 3 years old daughter's vagina hole is totally closed like a healed wound after her caregiver told me in school today that she has been scratching the place lately and suggested I check her. How come I didn't notice at home and she never complained is astonishing

I didn't give birth to her with a closed vagina ooo I'm totally scattered as I type. I've never heard of such all my life. I'm taking her to the clinic but I need ideas pls. Has anyone heard of this before? How was it managed?

Ejoor nor Waka pass mamas I just need information on the name of such a condition and how it can be managed so I can confidently follow the doctors up make Dem nor go damage the place. My head is spinning cry

Godbless you all

First of all, don't be too hard on yourself mama. You need to pull yourself together, and try to find out all you can about the situation. Read online, ask medical friends as well. But my advice is to take her to the hospital ASAP.

Stay strong mama.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
YummySuits:

First of all, don't be too hard on yourself mama. You need to pull yourself together, and try to find out all you can about the situation. Read online, ask medical friends as well. But my advice is to take her to the hospital ASAP.

Stay strong mama.
Thanks so much ma
I'm currently at the clinic

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by YummySuits(f): 9:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
tatacherie:

Thanks so much ma
I'm currently at the clinic

Great. Please keep us updated. Kisses to your little darling.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iwantpeace: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2021
tatacherie:
I greet you all mamas

Godbless you all
So sorry dear .. sending you lots of hugs

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 10:50am On Jul 09, 2021
tatacherie:
I greet you all mamas

Godbless you all

Please don't be too hard on yourself mama, I can imagine how you are feeling.
Please keep us updated knowing we are with you in prayers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.