Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4409732 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) (2432) (2433) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by formidablefunmi(f): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2021
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
Good evening

Good to be back here again
Is it normal for one breast to produce very little milk compared to the second?
I didn’t use a breast pump with my first child so I couldn’t have noticed if this was the case then

Although my breast milk supply is quite low with this baby, but after managing to pump like 90ml from the left breast, my right breast barely produced milk enough to fill a bottle water cover. It’s ridiculously low compared to the left. Is that normal

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trevolady(f): 9:51am On Aug 05, 2021
Hello mamas,I tried weaning my18mths old baby yesterday and as I type,I am in pain and my breast is engorged, what can I do relieve me of the pain pls?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 9:59am On Aug 05, 2021
trevolady:
Hello mamas,I tried weaning my16mths old baby yesterday and as I type,I am in pain and my breast is engorged, what can I do relieve me of the pain pls?
Get cabbage, refrigerate it, then take the cold leaves and wrap around your breasts, using the bra to keep it in place. You will be relieved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trevolady(f): 10:02am On Aug 05, 2021
threegees:

Get cabbage, refrigerate it, then take the cold leaves and wrap around your breasts, using the bra to keep it in place. You will be relieved

I've heard about this,I'll give it a trial,thanks so much sis.so greatful

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trevolady(f): 10:02am On Aug 05, 2021
trevolady:
Hello mamas,I tried weaning my18mths old baby yesterday and as I type,I am in pain and my breast is engorged, what can I do relieve me of the pain pls?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2021
claseek:
Good evening

Good to be back here again
Is it normal for one breast to produce very little milk compared to the second?
I didn’t use a breast pump with my first child so I couldn’t have noticed if this was the case then

Although my breast milk supply is quite low with this baby, but after managing to pump like 90ml from the left breast, my right breast barely produced milk enough to fill a bottle water cover. It’s ridiculously low compared to the left. Is that normal

Well, I don't know if normal is the right word but yes I had same experience. My right boob always produced more milk when I express but for some unexplained reason my dd was rejecting the right boob at the same.
You can simultaneously breastfeed off one boob and express the other..the sucking helps increase the flow on the expressed side.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2021
sugah:

Well, I don't know if normal is the right word but yes I had same experience. My right boob always produced more milk when I express but for some unexplained reason my dd was rejecting the right boob at the same.
You can simultaneously breastfeed off one boob and express the other..the sucking helps increase the flow on the expressed side.
thank you would try that

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 1:11pm On Aug 05, 2021
I know it's normal but how can I get my dd to crawl on all fours instead of her tummy? cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by cretin: 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
FlowerGirl040:
If he pees alot, actually to me, its good. As for the cough and catarrh, for me, I use sheer butter for my kids, melt it, give him little to lick/drink. Rub some on his chest and nose,it works for me, I don't know for others and it was an old woman that taught me back then which I do use till date. I do use honey as well, it works like wonder, it clears cough. Give him to lick and also mix with his drinking water. Believe me it works. And Pls just be careful on the drugs you give him, he is still a very little baby and a delicate system too. I wish him quick recovery

honey isnt good for infants below 1yr...according to doc google. it causes a serious illness called botulisim, pls shina ya eyes and research more
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2021
cretin:

honey isnt good for infants below 1yr...according to doc google. it causes a serious illness called botulisim, pls shina ya eyes and research more
What's the meaning of this again?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2021
sugah:
I know it's normal but how can I get my dd to crawl on all fours instead of her tummy? cry
That was how my daughter crawl when she was little, from tummy to backward. Lol. I just let her be then. If I position her well, she goes back to tummy or moving backwards. And the next thing is to see her trying to stand, then walk.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stellx6: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2021
Hello everyone, FTM hope I am welcome. Please I need your help, my babies are 8days today currently in NICU. Was told to be expressing breastmilk 2hourly. But my problem here is that I'm not lactation well, I barely manage to pump 20-40mls. Is there anything I could take to help out...... Please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2021
Stellx6:
Hello everyone, FTM hope I am welcome. Please I need your help, my babies are 8days today currently in NICU. Was told to be expressing breastmilk 2hourly. But my problem here is that I'm not lactation well, I barely manage to pump 20-40mls. Is there anything I could take to help out...... Please

Oats
Pap
U can try lactation tea, cookies n a that stuff.

But u need to pump more so that ur body can respond to produce more cos its sort of like a demand n supply thingy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2021
FlowerGirl040:
That was how my daughter crawl when she was little, from tummy to backward. Lol. I just let her be then. If I position her well, she goes back to tummy or moving backwards. And the next thing is to see her trying to stand, then walk.
Lol. It just doesn't look nice at all grin I pray she moves on to walking instead, I don't need the extra mop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2021
Stellx6:
Congratulations mama.

Plenty rest (I know!.... it doesn't make sense when you have to pump every 2 hours), plenty water, hot pap and pump pump pump.
20-40mls on day 8 isn't too bad...the supply will increase as you keep pumping.

If you have those battery operated pumps that you can carry around, you can just strap it on with pumping bra and pump all day round.
Else, have someone be washing and sterilising the pump in between pumps while you rest.
And eat well too, that also helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2021
sugah:

Lol. It just doesn't look nice at all grin I pray she moves on to walking instead, I don't need the extra mop
Lol @extra mop. Hope she do use her tongue to clean the tiles too grin lol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
Mamas does teething makes baby cry.My baby has been itching his gum with serious crying I had to use paracetamol to calm him down.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2021
FlowerGirl040:
Lol @extra mop. Hope she do use her tongue to clean the tiles too grin lol
She rewards herself by licking the floor sometimes cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2021
sugah:

She rewards herself by licking the floor sometimes cry
Is just a matter of time my dear. grin but try not to allow her do so pls

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2021
FlowerGirl040:
Is just a matter of time my dear. grin but try not to allow her do so pls
Of course I do... but sometimes she's so fast
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
sugah:

Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 7:02am On Aug 06, 2021
sugah:

Is yours forward or backwards? Mine would crawl with belly backwards first then forwards.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:37am On Aug 06, 2021
LadySarah:

Is yours forward or backwards? Mine would crawl with belly backwards first then forwards.
Lol. She only moves forwards...but even that backwards crawl sef is still normal
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Diadem2020: 8:53am On Aug 06, 2021
Good morning mamas. Please is it normal to get your period 6weeks postpartum? I’m not breast feeding exclusively tho but I am breast feeding. Or can lochia come back?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
Diadem2020:
Good morning mamas. Please is it normal to get your period 6weeks postpartum? I’m not breast feeding exclusively tho but I am breast feeding. Or can lochia come back?

Yesooo. It is very normal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by futuremoma34: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
Thank you for your advice and encouragement..I have decided to hire a nanny and I have accepted the offer. Thank you all

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
futuremoma34:

Thank you for your advice and encouragement..I have decided to hire a nanny and I have accepted the offer. Thank you all
Congratulations mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Diadem2020: 10:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
LadySarah:

Yesooo. It is very normal.
Wow really? I was getting worried. Thank you mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jehovalives: 11:51pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hi mums hope our LOs are doing great, I am a first time mom, pls what good baby product can I use for my baby I have been using cussons for about a week n it is darkening my baby what can I use to return her to her colour n maintain her colour, also the oil dries out her hair n thins it out wat can I use. Tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 5:43am On Aug 07, 2021
jehovalives:
Hi mums hope our LOs are doing great, I am a first time mom, pls what good baby product can I use for my baby I have been using cussons for about a week n it is darkening my baby what can I use to return her to her colour n maintain her colour, also the oil dries out her hair n thins it out wat can I use. Tnx

Lol. Momma that color is ur baby's original color. Most babies are born fair and gradually darken within the ist 2 yrs of their lives.
Know this and have peace.Cussons for me is good. You don't want to start using products detrimental to ur baby's fragile skin/organs.

I didn't quite get the hair part.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Charliiee(m): 6:42am On Aug 07, 2021
Hello,
Please is it safe to travel by road (private car) with a 2 weeks old baby from Kogi to Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) (2432) (2433) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.