Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406820 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2433) (2434) (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tinudesi(f): 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
Mamas help me o am just frustrated right now my baby has been sucking his thumb he is almost six months I started trying to stop him yesterday since colic has stopped but I noticed he now started sucking his tongue.Am confused how to stop that I won't Sha tie his tongue mamas that has experienced this how did u overcome it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PecAbby: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good afternoon Mamas.

Please whats the best way to stop my 16+ month old son from sucking his thumb...
His sister who is just 2months plus has started sucking her thumb.
walahi, its just frustrating!
I've tried bitter leaf, plaster..
I've even tried pacifiers... yet no way!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2021
PecAbby:
Good afternoon Mamas.

Please whats the best way to stop my 16+ month old son from sucking his thumb...
His sister who is just 2months plus has started sucking her thumb.
walahi, its just frustrating!
I've tried bitter leaf, plaster..
I've even tried pacifiers... yet no way!!!
For the 2 month old, just keep removing her hand from her mouth so she doesn't get used to it.

Your 16 month old will outgrow it by himself

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretisarah01: 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good evening everyone
Please I am new here and a first time mom.
My baby is 4 months and 2 weeks and has practically stopped taking formula, I have to force her with constant crying before she takes it .

I have also tried giving her pap which she was taking before and has now refused .

She only takes breast milk now which I think is not enough for her ;
1. Not been producing enough milk in my breast
2. She cries minutes after taking the breast milk

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by podium(m): 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good evening... My baby of 1 month and few weeks has a bad smell in the left ear... Please help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Saheed69(m): 6:09am On Sep 16, 2021
Please I need help, my 7 weeks daughter has not poop for the past 6 days but she urinate and fart very well, she's is only breastfeeding.

Is this something to be worried about?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by revcompaty(m): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2021
Saheed69:
Please I need help, my 7 weeks daughter has not poop for the past 6 days but she urinate and fart very well, she's is only breastfeeding.

Is this something to be worried about?
No......its normal in my own opinion and experience.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 9:55am On Sep 16, 2021
Good day Mama Zaynie.Please when is the next Synergy business class?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jehovalives: 10:51am On Sep 16, 2021
Pls is it normal for my 7weeks old baby's navel to be bringing out water just little water though, also is the 6weeks post-delivery check compulsory for me and my baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Saheed69(m): 11:34am On Sep 16, 2021
revcompaty:

No......its normal in my own opinion and experience.

Thank you Ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by revcompaty(m): 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
Saheed69:

Thank you Ma
You welcome

PS .....it's actually a Sir smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tunamenga(m): 2:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mumaraoluwa:
Mama's I have quality brand new back to school shoes for sale.
Make your kids look beautiful and brilliant as they resume a new session
how much do you sell these?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by WhatGodsays: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2021
Good morning Mamas. I'm a first time mum.
Please house I'm getting worried my 1 year 3 months son isn't walking yet and can't stand on his own, but crawl very fast and climb stairs, window sef. He has 12 teeth already, he eats well and has average weight of 10kg. What can I do to assist him? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kennybelle: 10:22am On Sep 17, 2021
WhatGodsays:
Please house I'm getting worried my 1 year 3 months son isn't walking yet and can't stand on his own, but crawl very fast and climb stairs, window sef. He has 12 teeth already, he eats well and has average weight of 10kg. What can I do to assist him? Thanks

The maximum age expected to start walking is 18 months, while some kids make it earlier than that.
Since he crawls and climbs very well, he might just need a little support form you.

I'd advise you help him up, walk together around the house, praise and sing for him regularly. He just might need a confidence builder.

Give him foods and fruits high in calcium, phosphorus and potassium. Also include yogurt in his diet.

When he's ready, walking takes just about 2-3 days after learning to stand independently for some kids.

But if you see the need, you might want to speak to a paediatrician

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MrsDot(f): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2021
Good day Mamas smiley

I can help you slay on a budget with the beautifully selected 1st grade thrift clothing I have for sale.

Super swift delivery and Free Delivery in Lagos on every 10k and above orders

https://www.nairaland.com/6758009/na-mumu-dey-go-boutique#105902308
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2021
WhatGodsays:
I was in your shoes few months back, I even took my ds to the paed for assessment and was told I can only start getting worried when he clocks 18 months but he started standing unaided around 17months and he is stared walking few days after so calm down mama, I know it's not easy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyD2020(f): 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
Good day mamas, pls help me oo. My 10 months old has refused to take the normal food we eat. Its so frustrating because i read they are supposed to be eating what we eat by now. She only takes pap that consists of millet, corn and guinea corn,a mixed with milk. Cerelac is what she started taking recently. Pls how do i make her take what we eat? Thanks for your help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by WetSmoke: 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
What haven't I taken for more breast milk? One thing that really brings it for me is when I drink garri. I started giving my baby formula from day one o, d the pressure would have finished me.
threegees:

Can she take foods that make her lactate? Oats, chicken, beverage with milk, lactation cookies, etc.
If having tried all these and it's still same like me, formula biko.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 6:54am On Sep 18, 2021
MummyD2020:
Good day mamas, pls help me oo. My 10 months old has refused to take the normal food we eat. Its so frustrating because i read they are supposed to be eating what we eat by now. She only takes pap that consists of millet, corn and guinea corn,a mixed with milk. Cerelac is what she started taking recently. Pls how do i make her take what we eat? Thanks for your help.

Teamie, we're in the same shoes here o.
She rejects every other food now. Even the noodles, and semo and soup she was taking before
Only takes custard, and cereal. I had to introduce tea, as well. She'll be 11 months old tomorrow.
I'm honestly tired.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gassbee: 10:53am On Sep 18, 2021
WetSmoke:
What haven't I taken for more breast milk? One thing that really brings it for me is when I drink garri. I started giving my baby formula from day one o, d the pressure would have finished me.
is not really a problem, some mums are like dat not having enough breast milk, with the formula the baby wil stil turn out fine and healthy

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyD2020(f): 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2021
threegees:

She rejects every other food now. Even the noodles, and semo and soup she was taking before
Only takes custard, and cereal. I had to introduce tea, as well. She'll be 11 months old tomorrow.
I'm honestly tired.

Just yesterday i blended different veg and it was in the right consistency. Oya na come and take, it was a battle. She ended up regurgitating the little one she took in and I was so frustrated. Im also in a group called what to expect. Its a foreign group like this. I read that kids her age feed themselves already but not perfectly and are taking different types of food. They also take their milk in between meals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2021
sunny15:
Good day Mama Zaynie.Please when is the next Synergy business class?

Honestly? I don't know.
Please stay tuned on my diary as I'll announce it as soon as we conclude but I don't think we will be having any till the year ends.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tmat(f): 1:08am On Sep 19, 2021
Hello mommies.
Please my baby clocked 5 months yesterday. For the past 1 month, he hardly pooped which got strange to me. I use cotton bud and Vaseline or methyleton on his anus, also use his bathing soap round his anus to ease the passage but all to no avail.
A week ago, after informing my doctor he hasn't pooped in 8days,he dipped his finger in his anus and by noon, he pooped though with severe cry � (this severe cry happened about 3weeks ago also, tho the pooped came itself after 7days back then without assistance).
So today makes another 7days without pooped. Kindly advise cos I've been told to bring him for anus flushing or so (forgotten the actual name).

N.B he passes out gas o, he messes with serious and severe smell � and he most times stains his pampers after gasing out.

Thank you in advance ma's
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 7:19am On Sep 19, 2021
Thanks so much ma'am
zaynie:

Honestly? I don't know.
Please stay tuned on my diary as I'll announce it as soon as we conclude but I don't think we will be having any till the year ends.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meyshia: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2021
kennybelle:
Please is it safe for a nursing mother to take the covid vaccine
Nursing mothers can take the vaccine. Moderna and Pfizer brand are recommended for nursing mothers.
I'm a nursing mom and I'm vaccinated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meyshia: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
babestell:
its very safe. studies have shown that there is no side effect. Nigeria is not giving nursing mums but if you feel you may be exposed, keep baby at home and take. i know plenty women who have taken and all js well.

its your choice to make

Nigeria is giving nursing mums Covid vaccine. I'm a nursing mum living in Nigeria and I've been vaccinated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Slimbae2: 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2021
Hello mama in the house, please my two month old baby is giving watermelon � juice.. Hope it is ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
Slimbae2:
Hello mama in the house, please my two month old baby is giving watermelon � juice.. Hope it is ok
2 months? No it's not OK.
Only breastmilk or formula until 6months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:26pm On Sep 19, 2021
Meyshia:

Nigeria is giving nursing mums Covid vaccine. I'm a nursing mum living in Nigeria and I've been vaccinated.
The nurses tried to discourage me from taking it but I insisted. My baby was 8months plus though.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 10:12am On Sep 20, 2021
threegees:

I'm honestly tired.

Mama long time... How's our princess doing?
Pls how do you prepare this tea? Do you add anything to d formula?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 10:17am On Sep 20, 2021
Tmat:
Hello mommies.
Please my baby clocked 5 months yesterday. For the past 1 month, he hardly pooped which got strange to me. I use cotton bud and Vaseline or methyleton on his anus, also use his bathing soap round his anus to ease the passage but all to no avail.
A week ago, after informing my doctor he hasn't pooped in 8days,he dipped his finger in his anus and by noon, he pooped though with severe cry � (this severe cry happened about 3weeks ago also, tho the pooped came itself after 7days back then without assistance).
So today makes another 7days without pooped. Kindly advise cos I've been told to bring him for anus flushing or so (forgotten the actual name).

N.B he passes out gas o, he messes with serious and severe smell � and he most times stains his pampers after gasing out.

Thank you in advance ma's

Is he exclusively breastfed? If yes .. It is normal but if he is taking formula you need to give him enough water... Warm Water first thing in d morning and at interval of 15 mins . check your diets as well... Eat more of vegetables and fruits and see d magic

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babestell(f): 11:20am On Sep 20, 2021
Ok, I am in Portharcourt and I know some of my friends were turned back. they were told to come back when baby is 4 months or 6 months. Wow they just dropped the babies and home and went to another center

Meyshia:

(1) (2) (3) ... (2433) (2434) (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.