Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,543 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4407513 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2449) (2450) (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doctor2022: 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2022
For new mums struggling with lactation, here's a tip for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFUucneAUvk

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 8:07am On Feb 11, 2022
Mizjemie25:
Please I want ask experienced mamas who have used palm kernel oil on their baby.. does it make them light in complexion?? And no! I’m not trying to make make my baby fair.. just noticed my baby girl’s face is getting lighter!

Yes there is this fairness or glow it gives, there was a time I was living my baby with my mum , I did it for over 1 week and 1 day I realized my baby was looking bright and fair so I asked what they were rubbing on her and I was told it is ude aki, the oil isn't mixed with anything because I prepared it myself before delivery. So yes it makes babies bright especially on the face
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Splasshhh(f): 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2022
Mamas plz where can I get breast milk expression pouch in Abuja?

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mizjemie25: 5:35pm On Feb 11, 2022
katchycouture:

Yes there is this fairness or glow it gives, there was a time I was living my baby with my mum , I did it for over 1 week and 1 day I realized my baby was looking bright and fair so I asked what they were rubbing on her and I was told it is ude aki, the oil isn't mixed with anything because I prepared it myself before delivery. So yes it makes babies bright especially on the face

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Esetim(f): 1:16am On Feb 12, 2022
Splasshhh:
Mamas plz where can I get breast milk expression pouch in Abuja?

These are breast milk storage bags and they are available in most mothercare shops.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:41am On Feb 12, 2022
Good morning beautiful mamas.

Let's talk contraception/family planning.

What methods are we using and can we share our personal experiences?

I've tried IUCD 3 times and all 3 times the coil dislodges by itself almost immediately. First 2 times was after my first child so after I took it out I decided to use Billings method + withdrawal + occasional morning after pill. It worked for 4 years until I was ready for baby number 2.
Third time was after my second and this time I definitely knew the coil had disloodged cos I would occasionally feel it in my Vag. And it also almost killed my libido angry

Now I'm considering the arm implant but my worries is I've not returned to my pre-pregnancy weight (I'm actually very far away from it) and I know hormonal contraceptive makes a good number of people add weight but I've recently just heard from a guy that his wife lost weight while using the arm implant.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kunmisola(f): 3:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
sugah:

I've tried IUCD 3 times and all 3 times the coil dislodges by itself almost immediately. First 2 times was after my first child so after I took it out I decided to use Billings method + withdrawal + occasional morning after pill. It worked for 4 years until I was ready for baby number 2.
Third time was after my second and this time I definitely knew the coil had disloodged cos I would occasionally feel it in my Vag. And it also almost killed my libido angry

Now I'm considering the arm implant but my worries is I've not returned to my pre-pregnancy weight (I'm actually very far away from it) and I know hormonal contraceptive makes a good number of people add weight but I've recently just heard from a guy that his wife lost weight while using the arm implant.

I can relate to this mama. I did the arm implant (implanon) three months after the birth of my baby, and instead of adding weight because I seriously want to add up, I noticed that I am losing weight instead. When I complained to my doctor, she said body differs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
kunmisola:

I can relate to this mama. I did the arm implant (implanon) three months after the birth of my baby, and instead of adding weight because I seriously want to add up, I noticed that I am losing weight instead. When I complained to my doctor, she said body differs.

I would gladly do this if there is an assurance of weight loss grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 6:58pm On Feb 12, 2022
kunmisola:

This sounds amazing.
But if you're struggling to add weight after pregnancy then you're not in our category o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
sugah:
This sounds amazing.
But if you're struggling to add weight after pregnancy then you're not in our category o
Did the arm implant too for a year,the only thing I loved about it was the no period thing or if it will even show,na spotting which will last for just a day but men,I increased oh so had to take it out and switch to pills. For the pills,one has to take at a particular time. For me my alarm was set at 6pm,that was the time I choose for the pills and it did well for me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
Halcyon123:

Did the arm implant too for a year,the only thing I loved about it was the no period thing or if it will even show,na spotting which will last for just a day but men,I increased oh so had to take it out and switch to pills. For the pills,one has to take at a particular time. For me my alarm was set at 6pm,that was the time I choose for the pills and it did well for me.
I can imagine me adding more weight on the implant.
The pills are hormonal too and that daily pill at an exact time will be almost impossible for me.
Does the pill affect your libido?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2022
Halcyon123:

But why take daily pills? It doesn't sound good to me abi it is only on days of intercourse?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
Omakraid:

But why take daily pills? It doesn't sound good to me abi it is only on days of intercourse?
The pills are to be taken daily, is called combination3
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Splasshhh(f): 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
Esetim:

These are breast milk storage bags and they are available in most mothercare shops.

Please, do you know anyone in Abuja?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 8:04pm On Feb 12, 2022
sugah:

I can imagine me adding more weight on the implant.
The pills are hormonal too and that daily pill at an exact time will be almost impossible for me.
Does the pill affect your libido?
It didn't affect my libido at all. Just set a alarm for it,a convenient time for you and your good to go. The pills also made me spot instead of the normal flow..
As for now,the only family planning I can do is the pills cause I had an ectopic in 2020,so pills are only what I can take. Am even scared sef cause na tube I get now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 8:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
Halcyon123:

The pills are to be taken daily, is called combination3
Wow, nawa oo. Thanks for the info ma.
Quick que- what if you are not having sex can you discontinue usage?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kunmisola(f): 9:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
sugah:
This sounds amazing.

I gained just 2kg during pregnancy and when I started breastfeeding after her birth, I started loosing weight.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2022
Omakraid:

Wow, nawa oo. Thanks for the info ma.
Quick que- what if you are not having sex can you discontinue usage?
You can only discontinue when you plan on getting pregnant. For me sha,I stopped when I travelled home and continued like a week to returning.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lamanii22(f): 3:50am On Feb 13, 2022
How do one manage a cough that developed into fever in the middle of the night in babies....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 4:46am On Feb 13, 2022
sugah:

I'm on the arm implant for two years now,since I took it NO monthly flow until last month it came and this month too,I hope the implant is still working o,loosing weight for me is becoming impossible,once I smell food I add 1kg.

But my friend also has same implant and she has lost weight so BAD,less than half her size before the implant.
So I think It differs on body.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 4:47am On Feb 13, 2022
Lamanii22:
How do one manage a cough that developed into fever in the middle of the night in babies....
Administer paracetamol,sorry ma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lamanii22(f): 7:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
[quote author=nnekaike post=110183055]Administer paracetamol,sorry ma.[/quote
]
Okay m, thank you very much.....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whiteMandingo: 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2022
Lamanii22:

Administer paracetamol to bring the tempreture down, remove clothing from baby. turn on a humifier with mint or silverbird oil added, or try a nebulizer, if you have....u can google nebulizer and humidifer if you dont know what they are
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Splasshhh(f): 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2022
Mommas, is it normal for baby to throw up after suckling, at intervals?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wentroublecomes: 12:26am On Feb 15, 2022
Hello house, please I need assistance.
My baby of 12 weeks old doesn't poo since over a week. He's just eating and fart a lot. The smell of the fart is very ...................
Is there any health complications? What can I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lizzieo(f): 10:57am On Feb 15, 2022
Good morning mamas,please I need ur advice. My 7weeks son has been having serious cough and catarrh for 3weeks now yet always sweating during this hot weather,took him to the hospital lastweek Wednesday and he was given CEFALEXIM POWDER for Oral Suspension with FENCLOR syrup but no result.

Is Silverbird effective? If yes,where can I get it or what else should I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:24am On Feb 15, 2022
wentroublecomes:
Hello house, please I need assistance.
My baby of 12 weeks old doesn't poo since over a week. He's just eating and fart a lot. The smell of the fart is very ...................
Is there any health complications? What can I do?
Is he exclusively breastfed? Then it's normal.
If he's mixed fed (formular plus breastmilk) then he needs to be given water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whiteMandingo: 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2022
Lizzieo:
Good morning mamas,please I need ur advice. My 7weeks son has been having serious cough and catarrh for 3weeks now yet always sweating during this hot weather,took him to the hospital lastweek Wednesday and he was given CEFALEXIM POWDER for Oral Suspension with FENCLOR syrup but no result.

Is Silverbird effective? If yes,where can I get it or what else should I do?

7wks, with cough and catarrh.. thats serious o.
try mild steaming, with baby robb, or silverbird... the steam mixture will help dislodge the mucous in his respiratory tract.

this dry weather, invest in a humidifier....works wonders.

if you dont have a humidifier..you can steam him in the bathroom or kitchen.... .

get a humidifier at all costs, 7wks is too tender to be having cough and cattarrh.

some Acs hv humifier function, ie if you have electricity to power it

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lizzieo(f): 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2022
[quote author=whiteMandingo post=110245351]

7wks, with cough and catarrh.. thats serious o.
try mild steaming, with baby robb, or silverbird... the steam mixture will help dislodge the mucous in his respiratory tract.

this dry weather, invest in a humidifier....works wonders.

if you dont have a humidifier..you can steam him in the bathroom or kitchen.... .

get a humidifier at all costs, 7wks is too tender to be having cough and cattarrh.

some Acs hv humifier function, ie if you have electricity to power it[/quote
Thanks so much, how much is the cost of a humidifier?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wentroublecomes: 4:54pm On Feb 15, 2022
sugah:

Is he exclusively breastfed? Then it's normal.
If he's mixed fed (formular plus breastmilk) then he needs to be given water

Thanks. It's exclusive. He poo this morning.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2022
Call/WhatsApp 08057125055 to order for powdered pap

1. yellow corn + ginger

2. millet + ginger + cloves + tiger nuts

3. multi grains (plain)

4. multi grains + ginger

5. guinea Corn & Millet + ginger + cloves

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2449) (2450) (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.