Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4397452 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Annabechick(f): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2022
My baby is 3months+ i mistakenly use her gown to injure the bcg spot it was bleeding very well. Is it a thing of concern?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
SolaScrivens:
Hello Mama's,
Pls which of Purit or Savlon is milder/safer/recommended for new babies

Please someone should kindly answer o.
I think purit is milder ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SolaScrivens: 9:44am On Mar 02, 2022
Omakraid:

I think purit is milder ma

Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Harpheez50: 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoddy(f): 11:21am On Mar 04, 2022
I'm back the 3rd time . Pls give be honorary badge and chair to sit, I'm just one week Postpartum . Yes, thank you.
Many questions to ask o because I'm the only one caring for my baby princess but I'm coming back. Let me finish this registration process on this thread.
Princess and I on Christening. View for some time, to be taken down later.

20 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by promors: 1:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
Enhancements in the badge design and production in reliable companies play an important role behind the maximum convenience of business people and industrialists worldwide to get the custom enamel badge items within the budget. You can contact the trustworthy company Promors and explore different things about the enamel badges customized as per the specifications of customers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Maryam1234(f): 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2022
Good day Mama's in the house.In this season of career day celebration at schools most especially accros the FCT, yours sincerely here sales career customs for all professions,we also lease to our clients in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
Harpheez50:
Hi. My wife is breastfeeding but she’s not adding any weight.
I Would appreciate if anyone can recommend any good drug that’ll make her add weight. Thanks in anticipation
Sigh!
Different strokes for different folks.
Does she want to add weight or its what you want for her?
Genetics have a huge role to play in this aspect so id say if she's healthy and the baby is eating well and gaining weight let her be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoddy(f): 12:46am On Mar 05, 2022
Pls my Princess � is 10 days old but the umbilical cord has not detached yet.
I was told to continue using the chlorxy-G Gel but after 4days, mil who's a matron complained that the gel was not making the umbilical cord dry and she started using spirit and cotton wool to clean it. I allowed her because that was what I used for my 2 boys and the cord detached within a week.

Pls am I doing the right thing? Everyone has left me after baby Christening so I'm just by myself.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by holysaint1(m): 7:55am On Mar 05, 2022
SolaScrivens:

Thanks ma

In addition to that, you should also use an organic shea butter (one that hasnt been mixed with anything) on their delicate skin to maintain their skin color and texture. Its been proven and recommended by various health practitioners.

Example of a pic below.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by holysaint1(m): 8:06am On Mar 05, 2022
naylor:

Thank you so much

I believe you have found a solution to the cough issue ?

Else, i would recommend ori solution for you. But it should be an organic one ie one fit for consumption and has not been mixed with anything.

Like one in the pic below.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jsozo: 1:10pm On Mar 05, 2022
sayoddy:
Pls my Princess � is 10 days old but the umbilical cord has not detached yet.
I was told to continue using the chlorxy-G Gel but after 4days, mil who's a matron complained that the gel was not making the umbilical cord dry and she started using spirit and cotton wool to clean it. I allowed her because that was what I used for my 2 boys and the cord detached within a week.

Pls am I doing the right thing? Everyone has left me after baby Christening so I'm just by myself.
When I gave birth to my daughter I used the chlorxy gel for a week plus I have to stop and start using spirit and cotton wool before the umbilical cord fell off

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by femiowo1: 2:40pm On Mar 05, 2022
Harpheez50:
Hi. My wife is breastfeeding but she’s not adding any weight.
I Would appreciate if anyone can recommend any good drug that’ll make her add weight. Thanks in anticipation
She needs good food with assorted drinks and fruits not drug.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zubbix: 3:27am On Mar 06, 2022
The scary account of how a man forced himself on his wife who during the birth of her child passed out twice with an episiotomy.

This gave me a lot of goose bumps that I felt I should share it here

Perhaps the information could be of help to expectant mothers. especially to the young women out there who are just giving birth for the first time.

So, I'm going to try to recall the story as much as I can.

The woman's name was Lucky. During the birth of her baby, she narrated how she spent about 19hrs in labor, screaming in pains to the point that she passed out twice. And for each time she woke, she continued screaming, begging for a CS, but was denied.

This continued until she eventually had an episiotomy, and with God helping her, she was able to push the baby out. But then, she passed out again out of exhaustion.

And in case you do not know what episiotomy is, it is a cut given at the opening of the vagina just to free up space for the baby to come out easily. And this usually occur most times when the size of the baby happen to be bigger than the mother's cavity.

So eventually, Mrs. lucky was revived back. She went home, but according to her, the healing process was hell as she kept itching down there. On many occasions, she would have to sit directly in front of a standing fan naked just to feel better.

Now 4weeks after she started getting better, her husband had to force himself on her, after his friends advised him that his wife was perfectly healed, and that her claim of still having pain was an excuse not to give him sex.

That was how the whole nightmare started again. As she had a terrible swelling around her private region and the episiotomy site got infected, bringing out pus and blood. She then had to run back to the hospital for treatment.

After reading the account of this woman on twitter, I had to find out for myself what actually was it with childbirth injuries. So I contacted few married women and a registered Nurse/midwife who gave me a lot of account of what most women pass through during childbirth. And it is scary.

But from what she told me, these things: the episiotomy, fainting, swelling and all whatnot can actually be avoided if only the woman would prepare herself before her EDD approaches.

And by preparing, I mean having the knowledge or being better informed on certain things she needs to do to lower her chances of childbirth injuries significantly. One of such is:

* Having an understanding of her baby's size in relation to the wideness of her birth cavity.
Some pregnant ladies don't go for scan to ascertain the size of their babies until few weeks to their EDD. Then when they hear their baby weighs 2kg, they start eating uncontrollably so that in a matter of weeks, the baby's weight doubles.

This alone is one of the pitfalls most pregnant women fall into. If you are an expectant mother, please don't set yourself up like this.

According to the registered Nurse who provided me with a lot of information I have tried to briefly summarize here, to avoid childbirth injuries, there are 4 very important things a pregnant woman must do.

While two of them must be done back at home, the other two must be done at the first and last visit to the hospital.

And it was with these 4 natural techniques she was able to help more than 200 women give birth to their babies without a cut, tear or episiotomy.

No drugs, no concoction to drink or going to the gym house!

It was hard to believe until I saw her video and her website where she explained a lot of things, including the pool of testimonials coming from women who obviously had fun giving birth; thanks to her coaching.

I believe she's going to be of great help to you if you are an expectant mother. Because the fact is that the greatest job any woman has with pregnancy is not about 'getting pregnant'. It is about 'giving birth'

I would like to share her video with you as well as her free materials.

You can reach out to me through my email address so I can direct you to her website and the resources she has created for you.

my email: nzubeprincewill@yahoo.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naylor(f): 7:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
holysaint1:

Else, i would recommend ori solution for you. But it should be an organic one ie one fit for consumption and has not been mixed with anything.

Yes I did. I eventually used warm water and honey.
Will also save your information on Ori as well.
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by holysaint1(m): 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2022
naylor:

Thank you

You're welcome.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whiteMandingo: 10:13am On Mar 07, 2022
holysaint1:

how is shea butter used to treat cough?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by holysaint1(m): 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
whiteMandingo:

how is shea butter used to treat cough?

To use it to cure persistence cough, catarrh, runny nose etc, all you have to do is to get the type that is used for cooking purpose, which is also edible, melt it at a very low temperature in order not to denature its medicinal properties, and add little quantity of salt. Mix it throughly and take one to two table spoonfull in the morning before eating as well as late in the evening. Before you know it, that stubborn cough, catarrah and runny nose would have disappeared. It is called shea butter therapy.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whiteMandingo: 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2022
holysaint1:

To use it to cure persistence cough, catarrh, runny nose etc, all you have to do is to get the type that is used for cooking purpose, which is also edible, melt it at a very low temperature in order not to denature its medicinal properties, and add little quantity of salt. Mix it throughly and take one to two table spoonfull in the morning before eating as well as late in the evening. Before you know it, that stubborn cough, catarrah and runny nose would have disappeared. It is called shea butter therapy.

ooh thanks, i wonder how i can differentiate from the edible type and normal type.

also for babies and toddlers, this might not work...is there a different approach for toddlers?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by holysaint1(m): 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2022
whiteMandingo:

ooh thanks, i wonder how i can differentiate from the edible type and normal type.

also for babies and toddlers, this might not work...is there a different approach for toddlers?

Shea butter has its unique scent. And its not as hard and doesnt have any pungent smell as people perceive it to be or have.

And as for the toddlers approach, i dont think theres another different approach other than the one i explained above. Perhaps if there is, i dont know of it yet.

If you re in Lagos, i wouldnt mind sending you a unit. So you get to see how an organic and unrefined shea butter looks like.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoddy(f): 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
Jsozo:

When I gave birth to my daughter I used the chlorxy gel for a week plus I have to stop and start using spirit and cotton wool before the umbilical cord fell off
Really? Thanks for the reply. It fell off some minutes ago. I just wanted to know if I was doing the right thing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 4:04am On Mar 08, 2022
naylor:

Thank you
I hope the baby is above 1yr old?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wentroublecomes: 9:34am On Mar 08, 2022
Hello mommas. My 3months 2 weeks baby boy has been porging green watery poo since 3 days now. Though he's doing fine, playing and eating well but I'm just concern about the poo.
Is it something to be concern about.
Green watery poo up to 3times daily. Though it has reduce now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by naylor(f): 7:03pm On Mar 08, 2022
sugah:

I hope the baby is above 1yr old?
Yeah he's 2.5 years old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
naylor:

Yeah he's 2.5 years old
Ok.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 10:20am On Mar 09, 2022
whiteMandingo:

dont give babies or toddler sgea butter to consume... U can apply shea butter on their body but not 4 consumptn abeg....

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2022
naylor:

Thank you
is ur baby over a year old? Dnt use honey for babies under one year n shea butter should not b consumed by babies, shea butter can only b use externally for them.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 8:25am On Mar 10, 2022
Good morning mothers please who has breast pump they're not using help me i don't mind I'll pay for waybill even if is not in my location, thanks in anticipation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
Call/WhatsApp 08057125055 to order for *powdered pap*

1. yellow corn + ginger

2. millet + ginger + cloves + tiger nuts

3. multi grains (plain)

4. multi grains + ginger + dates

5. guinea Corn & millet + ginger + cloves

6. guinea corn & millet + ginger + dates

7. yellow corn(plain)

8. guinea corn & millet + ginger + tiger nuts

#1,500 / 500g

*Beans flour-#900/500g*

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayornmn(f): 7:47am On Mar 11, 2022
Hello beautiful Mamas, I sell Towels,Bedsheets,Napkins and more in wholesale and retail.My instagram name is nenesbeddingsandmore please follow and patronise me.Thank you.
https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=14fnk0g3sxc7l&utm_content=nyrm002

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by apprentist(m): 11:12am On Mar 11, 2022
jehovalives:
pls my baby too breaths like she's gasping for air when I lay her flat on her back did u get any solution yet?

We found out it was a defective heart condition.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2022
Aitee1:
Good morning mothers please who has breast pump they're not using help me i don't mind I'll pay for waybill even if is not in my location, thanks in anticipation
Location?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.