Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401883 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 18, 2023
callola:
thanks, it's not only Penta that's not available but all. why I'm somehow scared is my baby is a preterm though, he have reached all the milestones of 4 months
Where do you live?.Private will have just at a higher cost.What city are you in only if you are comfortable disclosing it.
Mine were preterm and Doctor insisted on branded as the fever that rocked the middle triplet was almost like seizure level.No!.It will not happen to you.
Milestones does not depend on whether he is immunised or not.How many months corrected is he?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Belovedbaby: 4:25pm On Feb 18, 2023
Good evening mommies,my baby of two weeks old refused to poo for the past seven days.I took her back to the hospital and my doctor said since her stomach isn't hard and she takes food then there is no cause for alarm but I am worried.
She's on formula and breastfeeding due to certain reasons.Please help moms
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2023
AUNTYLLAI:
Good afternoon mummy's in the house, please I have a question,my two months baby boy is having dandruff on his head,they are much especially if you're combing the hair you will see them coming out,I always wash the hair and am putting baby oil after bath and if I want to dress him for sleep, but no improvement. I started applying olive oil for like a month now but still no improvement,he is the hair type so I Barb his hair like 3times from birth till date,but locally made by this traditional barber's.please any one with advise no matter how little it will help.
that's cradle cap. it will resolve on its own or apply oil and comb

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2023
Tutu82:

Where do you live?.Private will have just at a higher cost.What city are you in only if you are comfortable disclosing it.
Mine were preterm and Doctor insisted on branded as the fever that rocked the middle triplet was almost like seizure level.No!.It will not happen to you.
Milestones does not depend on whether he is immunised or not.How many months corrected is he?
we are in Cross River State. 4 months but corrected will be 3 months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2023
callola:
we are in Cross River State. 4 months but corrected will be 3 months
I hoped you were in Abuja i don’t know any private clinics in cross river please google it and go immunise your baby he is in a vulnerable group.Good luck mum and well done.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2023
Good afternoon mama,my baby also had dandruff between 3weeks till he was 2 months old,his was so worst that when I am combing his hair,it is like his scalp is opening with the dandruff,what I did is,I got sulphur and mixed with Shea butter,I applied very little once a day for 5days and stopped even though I was advised to continue,now dandruff have leave us alone,and please change his hair oil to coconut oil,you see all this cusson oil and the likes don't really provide the moisture needed to keep baby's head from drying out,I hope this helps ma or better still take him to the hospital
AUNTYLLAI:
Good afternoon mummy's in the house, please I have a question,my two months baby boy is having dandruff on his head,they are much especially if you're combing the hair you will see them coming out,I always wash the hair and am putting baby oil after bath and if I want to dress him for sleep, but no improvement. I started applying olive oil for like a month now but still no improvement,he is the hair type so I Barb his hair like 3times from birth till date,but locally made by this traditional barber's.please any one with advise no matter how little it will help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AUNTYLLAI: 5:42pm On Feb 18, 2023
Thank you so much
callola:
that's cr kissadle cap. it will resolve on its own or apply oil and comb
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AUNTYLLAI: 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2023
Thank you so much I really appreciate.it was very useful
Minmin2323:
Good afternoon mama,my baby also had dandruff between 3weeks till he was 2 months old,his was so worst that when I am combing his hair,it is like his scalp is opening with the dandruff,what I did is,I got sulphur and mixed with Shea butter,I applied very little once a day for 5days and stopped even though I was advised to continue,now dandruff have leave us alone,and please change his hair oil to coconut oil,you see all this cusson oil and the likes don't really provide the moisture needed to keep baby's head from drying out,I hope this helps ma or better still take him to the hospital

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2023
AUNTYLLAI:

It's not dandruff. When you wash his hair make sure you thoroughly rinse out the soap/baby shampoo, and don't use soap on his hair everyday. Rather, use like once or twice a week, then other days wash the hair with just water. Also go easy on the oil you apply on his hair. If possible, coconut oil is best, and use moderately.

For now, wet/lather his hair, then gently comb out the flakes. Or apply a generous amount of oil on the affected area, gently comb out, the flakes will be coming off(do this before giving him a bath)

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2023
AUNTYLLAI:
To have cut a three months old baby,s hair thrice already is a little too frequent as their scalp is delicate and am not sure what you mean by traditional barber.

Your little one could have seborrheic dermatitis where his scalp has produced excess oil from your hormones and in a few months it will be gone.

Just scrub gently with a baby sponge or brush and oil his scalp during bath times as normal and don’t be tempted to scratch so you don’t introduce an opening for infection to set in.

For Night time, hair oil usually drips to the face and causes rashes so stick to once a day.

I hope this helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2023
Belovedbaby:
Good evening mommies,my baby of two weeks old refused to poo for the past seven days.I took her back to the hospital and my doctor said since her stomach isn't hard and she takes food then there is no cause for alarm but I am worried.
She's on formula and breastfeeding due to certain reasons.Please help moms

Massage baby's tummy and anus with warm water during bath time.
Since she is on formula, give her water too.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2023
Tutu82:

I hoped you were in Abuja i don’t know any private clinics in cross river please google it and go immunise your baby he is in a vulnerable group.Good luck mum and well done.
thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AUNTYLLAI: 12:27pm On Feb 20, 2023
[Thank you so much it really helped a lotquote author=Tutu82 post=121025137]
To have cut a three months old baby,s hair thrice already is a little too frequent as their scalp is delicate and am not sure what you mean by traditional barber.

Your little one could have seborrheic dermatitis where his scalp has produced excess oil from your hormones and in a few months it will be gone.

Just scrub gently with a baby sponge or brush and oil his scalp during bath times as normal and don’t be tempted to scratch so you don’t introduce an opening for infection to set in.

For Night time, hair oil usually drips to the face and causes rashes so stick to once a day.

I hope this helps.[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by merieam16(f): 4:50pm On Feb 21, 2023
AUNTYLLAI:
same as my baby too.Just keep barbing it without any hair on his head then constant washing during bath
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Whytehandy: 11:39pm On Feb 21, 2023
Good day mamas, please I want to know the best milk to make tea for my almost 1 year old baby as I want to introduce tea @1 year with Milo.

I wanted to get complain milk as recommended by someone but I was told that complain should not be given to a child of less than 3 years old.

There are lots of complain that peak 123 is too sweet and purges children, please are there mamas with different user experience of peak 123 for their LO

How about using aptamil 3?

Please I need other suggestions, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 5:09pm On Feb 22, 2023
Whytehandy:
Good day mamas, please I want to know the best milk to make tea for my almost 1 year old baby as I want to introduce tea @1 year with Milo.

I wanted to get complain milk as recommended by someone but I was told that complain should not be given to a child of less than 3 years old.

There are lots of complain that peak 123 is too sweet and purges children, please are there mamas with different user experience of peak 123 for their LO

How about using aptamil 3?

Please I need other suggestions, thanks

Full cream milk...we switched to peak full cream milk from 1year

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Whytehandy: 5:37pm On Feb 22, 2023
Eezohbae:

Full cream milk...we switched to peak full cream milk from 1year

Really?, Thanks mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eezohbae(f): 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2023
Whytehandy:

Really?, Thanks mama

Yes Mama... You're welcome

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2023
Jsozo:
Good evening house....pls my 14 months old daughter is yet to call names of anyone or objects. Should I be worried.pls help am a first time mum.
She blabs a lot and plays a lot too
14months..?? Dt is one year 2months... Abeg!!! Wetin dey rush you Leave baby n let her develop at her own time... Its perfectly normal... Moreover blabbering in children is a good sign.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
abawoman:
Good afternoon moms
My four months old just started tilting his head (ear) to the right while the chin goes left
I checked google and its called TORTICOLLIS. He follows objects and moves his head freely to any direction without pain but the head is always tilted to the right
pls anyone with experience and how best I can resolve the issue.
Thank you
oh my!!! I recently watched a video about wat u just described about ur son on fb.... D woman was concerned abt d way her son tilt his head n went to c her doctor, d problem start right about ur son age too, doctor couldnt gt was was wrong with him until dey went to see an optician who den diagnosed... I dnt remember d name of wat d optician diagnostic name but it has to do wit d child having problem with his eyes which gives him double visions so d child tilt his head so he can see properly.... Dey had to do surgery to correct one of his eyes.... U can just tk ur child to c a doctor pls.... I dnt tink wat u think is wat is wrong wit ur baby cs dt is wat doctors were saying abt dt woman's child too dt e has stiff neck but turns out d boy was only having double visions so d only way e could correct his vision is to tilt his head one side.... To know 4 sure close one eye of ur child n c if he will correct his head. I had to go google this out for u... Ur baby might probably b having lazy eyes called amplyopia.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
fortunes01:
Good Evening lovely mamas!
Please I recently introduced formula to my 5 months old baby who has been on exclusive breastfeeding, she now feeds on formula and breastmilk at the moment. Am I suppose to start giving her water now or wait till she's 6 months.

Kindly help a FTM. Thank you
u can if u want... Depends on ur LO poop texture and consistency... Wen my LO was on formula only, i dnt give him water bcs his poop wasnt solid n too frequent until e started eating solid n his poop chng from his normal semi solid texture to solid n poop wasnt dt frequent anymore.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 1:55pm On Feb 24, 2023
exclusiveoloori:
. I’m in the same boat with you. Mine stopped at 5 months he never really took breast milk though cos I wasn’t really lactating, just formula. Now I’m really worried about his weight, 5.1kg at 6months. He’s healthy though and has been achieving all milestones for his age but when I see babies of his age, they are usually double his size. Now that I’m about to start solid I just want suggestions that can help my baby grow chubby abeg . Emphasis on “Chubby” pls house. Tired of people around me saying “omo e ti kere ju” meaning your “baby is too small” and I just imagine how I buy a tin of SMA gold every 4 days chai! Izz paining me jor!!! Brestmilk true true is not over rated
and @Layormiii do you guys know dt babies lose weight wen u start introducing solid to them because at first d body will have to adjust to d introduction of d new food by gettin use to it and baby start adding weight later on... Sm mamas r lucky deirbaby accept any food dey r introduced to so dey hv no problem with deir baby addin more weight while mamas like me had trouble wit my baby accepting solid food... E lose weight but later gained it bk wen e finally accepted taking solid.... Three things actually comtibuted with him losing his weight then. 1) he was teething 2) so e refused all food but formula and solid altogether. 3) he started walking at d stage at which i was introducing solid food 4 him wen e was 7months plus... D excitement was part of d reasons he wasnt interested in food too.... We r past dt now, he eat all food n weight bk to normal.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by litubow: 10:49am On Feb 25, 2023
Please mamas in the house, what is the cause of a baby trembling while sleeping? My husband said is ile tutu but am not sure a baby of 2 months+ can have that. Pls help me with experience
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kadexkadijat(f): 2:13am On Feb 26, 2023
My mamas in the house, am a first time mum. My baby umbilical cord falls off 2days ago though it took forever to it fall off cos my baby is 3weeks now. But the thing now is that my baby temperature is a little bit high since the day we started treating with shade and clothe, what could be the cause of the temperature rise and what can I do to regulate it. Please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaitoro(m): 6:45am On Feb 26, 2023
Kadexkadijat:
My mamas in the house, am a first time mum. My baby umbilical cord falls off 2days ago though it took forever to it fall off cos my baby is 3weeks now. But the thing now is that my baby temperature is a little bit high since the day we started treating with shade and clothe, what could be the cause of the temperature rise and what can I do to regulate it. Please

Fever is not good for babies, take your baby to hospital immediately.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2023
litubow:
Please mamas in the house, what is the cause of a baby trembling while sleeping? My husband said is ile tutu but am not sure a baby of 2 months+ can have that. Pls help me with experience
my sister is it jerking also know as twitching or trembling? Jerking (twitching) is when one part of the body or the entire body suddenly move or vibrate while trembling is shaking of the whole bidy as if one is extremely cold.

If it is jerking, it is normal for babies to jerk while sleeping or about to fall asleep till up to when dey are about to clock one year and trembling is normal for new born baby when they cry and not while they are sleeping... If your baby body is trembling when he/she sleeps... I dont think that is normal... Let me just say i never heard baby trembling while sleeping but twitching is very common n normal which will eventually go away as baby develops.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
Kadexkadijat:
oh well... High temperature in babies or even adult means smtin dt d body is tellin u smtin is wrong smwhere... Giv ur baby paracetamol n tk him/her to c ur doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yomzy08: 12:30pm On Feb 27, 2023
Please doctors in the house I need help, My 9 months old baby has 2 swollen fingers on her left hand, any idea what may be the cause?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluwasemiloba(f): 12:39pm On Feb 27, 2023
Please mummies in the house, my baby will be 6 weeks on Friday and her immunization is on Monday 6th March, pls what do you advise that I get for her in preparation for the injection?? Kindly help a first time mum
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 2:43pm On Feb 27, 2023
Oluwasemiloba:
Please mummies in the house, my baby will be 6 weeks on Friday and her immunization is on Monday 6th March, pls what do you advise that I get for her in preparation for the injection?? Kindly help a first time mum
Just have paracetamol ready incase she develops temperature after collecting the vaccine... Some mums administer it before while some mums administer it immediately after baby takes the vaccine... I think the latter is better though both helps baby to neutralise the pain
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2023
Yomzy08:
Please doctors in the house I need help, My 9 months old baby has 2 swollen fingers on her left hand, any idea what may be the cause?
Please take her to see a paediatrician... It could be caused by different things according to Google but proper diagnosis will help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Belovedbaby: 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2023
I have tried every possible means to burp my three weeks old baby but she doesn't belch,I don't know what else to do.I tried rubbing her back and the likes but still no.I do wait for 20mins before putting her down to sleep.
What should I do mummies?
*She always suck for 40mins but after removing the breast it's always a war thing and people said a baby can only suck for 30mins even sometimes she suck more than 40mins,when I squeezed my breast there is milk inside even coming out like tap.As a first timer please help me so that I can sleep at night properly

(1) (2) (3) ... (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.