Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4405435 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DaddyCork: 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
ahnie:

You don carry your mumu reach this side

u did ting.
cant u see am tryin to toast babe? is yor name Tutu82? i beg shift!!! (no oofeinse) angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joyfulgal: 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
Good afternoon mummies, please who knows about taking fenugreek tea/seed to increase breast milk?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
DaddyCork:

helo my millionaire uncle is look for 2 house girl who can coook & clean & PrincessofDSS from nairaland as agree, we need one more house girl. please are u intressted in doin house girl work so he can pays both of u 25k each? U want? smiley
Thank you am not interested.
Perhaps go to the Job section and ask.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by WetSmoke: 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hello dear mothers in the house, please how do you treat fungal rash in your baby’s skin?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Myfavour22: 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2023
Lool
So the way you’re driving on the road or walking and you see a m*d person, it happens on the streets of nairaland too. What a wow!

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StarryV(f): 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
UmmuFarrah:
Mamas. My baby is just almost 5months but she shows interest a lot in eating whatever she sees us eating. Like she cries, drag whatever you are eating with you, water too but she hate bottles so I was thinking maybe we should buy her cereal like cerelac because I've started to give her bananas and some finger food sef like mashed potatoes (very little though) . What do y'all think please, her daddy said we're just starving her but me, I'm skeptical🤨.

Na my story you just dey tell like this undecided I heard cerelac is from 6months old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmuFarrah(f): 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2023
StarryV:

Na my story you just dey tell like this undecided I heard cerelac is from 6months old
I think it is. But she won't let us eat in peace. Sigh 😔
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 11, 2023
fortunes01:
Good Evening lovely mamas!
Please I recently introduced formula to my 5 months old baby who has been on exclusive breastfeeding, she now feeds on formula and breastmilk at the moment. Am I suppose to start giving her water now or wait till she's 6 months.

Kindly help a FTM. Thank you
A few tea spoons of warm water would do her no harm.Do you want to start because you are anxious or the stool is not as soft?.Every baby is different and these are guidelines to help us not rules set in stone.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 11, 2023
StarryV:

You heard correct and it is boldly written on the tin.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 11:39am On Feb 11, 2023
fortunes01:

Thank you mama for your response! Please like what quantity ? or is it as much as she wants to drink? So I don't give her too much.
If she doesn't want she'll spill it... When my baby starts playing with the water in her mouth, I kmlw she's okay.. And please give her at intervals because it'll help her poop easily
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 11:41am On Feb 11, 2023
Tutu82:

A few tea spoons of warm water would do her no harm.Do you want to start because you are anxious or the stool is not as soft?.Every baby is different and these are guidelines to help us not rules set in stone.
She wants to start cos she has started formula feeding her baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 11:43am On Feb 11, 2023
Joyfulgal:
Good afternoon mummies, please who knows about taking fenugreek tea/seed to increase breast milk?
I've read that it helps a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joyfulgal: 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2023
Omakraid:

I've read that it helps a lot

Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2023
Omakraid:

She wants to start cos she has started formula feeding her baby
I gathered she said breastfeeding alongside formula that’s why i said guidelines not rules set in stone.There are other factors to consider such as was baby premature or born full term also,with formula everyone is advised 1 scoop to 30mls of water so for example if you put too much water baby does not get enough of their calories and too little baby is constipated so if baby is just starting then perhaps it’s at her discretion whether to include a few drops or not after considering everything.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Belovedbaby: 3:17am On Feb 12, 2023
Please mommies what can I use for oka Ori?
I am a first time mom
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Toylove: 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2023
Belovedbaby:
I am a first time mom
Co ask
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 15, 2023
Belovedbaby:
I am a first time mom
Hi Mum!.
Are you from the south west ?and how many months is the baby and what description has led you to diagnose it as Oka Ori?.

Sounds like you are worried about the soft part of the baby head called the anterior Fontanelle and/or the posterior Fontanelle which presents differently sometimes it is too wide bulges and other times it’s sunken from nature or plain dehydration.

I will advice you;
Do not consider giving your baby herbs to drink or rub local paste that can hurt the membrane no matter what your grandma or elderly Aunty might tell you.

Do not press spot with hot water.

Oka Ori is not a medical diagnosis ,if you are worried go to a hospital as there might be an underling condition.

Some babies have this soft spot till they are 2years old and a fat baby will present differently from a slimmer one.

I hope this helps and you apply caution and wisdom in what you do.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by abawoman: 2:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
Good afternoon moms
My four months old just started tilting his head (ear) to the right while the chin goes left
I checked google and its called TORTICOLLIS. He follows objects and moves his head freely to any direction without pain but the head is always tilted to the right
pls anyone with experience and how best I can resolve the issue.
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 4:19am On Feb 17, 2023
Moms, does anyone know any health center around Ikotun giving immunization on Fridays
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rocktation(f): 6:18am On Feb 17, 2023
WetSmoke:
Hello dear mothers in the house, please how do you treat fungal rash in your baby’s skin?

Sudocrem

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rocktation(f): 6:23am On Feb 17, 2023
fortunes01:
Good Evening lovely mamas!
Please I recently introduced formula to my 5 months old baby who has been on exclusive breastfeeding, she now feeds on formula and breastmilk at the moment. Am I suppose to start giving her water now or wait till she's 6 months.

Kindly help a FTM. Thank you

Someone you're already giving formula, wetin remain again.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StarryV(f): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2023
Good Morning sweet mothers please help a first time mum.
My baby is 5 months 2 weeks, he is teething at the moment. He has refused to eat. He is Neither accepting formula nor pap and seldom sucks breast. To make the matter worse he has been stooling incessantly and has obviously slimmed down. I've administered Bonababe to him and I don't see it helping the matter. I sincerely don't know what else to do. Someone recommended zinc and oral drip, I really don't know about them. Please Your kind advise will be appreciated.
NB: He's not running temperature o. Only appetite loss and incessant stooling. Please help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2023
please mothers, my baby wasn't given Penta at 10 weeks then our next visit was supposed to be on the 10th this month ( last week) but we were told that vaccines at all except we will travel out of the state to get them, that they are expecting it after election. my question is, will it have any effect on the baby if we wait for long cos I don't joke when it comes to immunization
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Myfavour22: 1:08am On Feb 18, 2023
callola:
please mothers, my baby wasn't given Penta at 10 weeks then our next visit was supposed to be on the 10th this month ( last week) but we were told that vaccines at all except we will travel out of the state to get them, that they are expecting it after election. my question is, will it have any effect on the baby if we wait for long cos I don't joke when it comes to immunization
No
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:48am On Feb 18, 2023
StarryV:
My baby is 5 months 2 weeks, he is teething at the moment. He has refused to eat. He is Neither accepting formula nor pap and seldom sucks breast. To make the matter worse he has been stooling incessantly and has obviously slimmed down. I've administered Bonababe to him and I don't see it helping the matter. I sincerely don't know what else to do. Someone recommended zinc and oral drip, I really don't know about them. Please Your kind advise will be appreciated.
NB: He's not running temperature o. Only appetite loss and incessant stooling. Please help.
Madam go to the hospital.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 18, 2023
callola:
Depends on baby’s immune system but a few weeks should not matter at all.
Those 5 in 1 diseases it helps protect baby against scare me especially Hepatitis so….You can try another private health centre they might have the pentavalent or wait.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:05am On Feb 18, 2023
WetSmoke:
There are quite a few types of rashes.
If you are certain it’s fungal then nystatin or clotrimazole work quite well.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olaitoro(m): 4:16am On Feb 18, 2023
StarryV:

Please Ma, don't waste a minute take the baby to children hospital immediately.
You will pull through and nothing will happen to your baby in Jesus name.

Amen

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 8:44am On Feb 18, 2023
Myfavour22:
No
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by callola: 8:48am On Feb 18, 2023
Tutu82:

Depends on baby’s immune system but a few weeks should not matter at all.
Those 5 in 1 diseases it helps protect baby against scare me especially Hepatitis so….You can try another private health centre they might have the pentavalent or wait.
thanks, it's not only Penta that's not available but all. why I'm somehow scared is my baby is a preterm though, he have reached all the milestones of 4 months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AUNTYLLAI: 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2023
Good afternoon mummy's in the house, please I have a question,my two months baby boy is having dandruff on his head,they are much especially if you're combing the hair you will see them coming out,I always wash the hair and am putting baby oil after bath and if I want to dress him for sleep, but no improvement. I started applying olive oil for like a month now but still no improvement,he is the hair type so I Barb his hair like 3times from birth till date,but locally made by this traditional barber's.please any one with advise no matter how little it will help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.