Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401721 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Justkatty(f): 10:31am On Jul 12, 2023
sunbestie:

In this case you need to see a doctor to rule out what could be wrong with the baby.
Alright
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Timitoyo: 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
Happinesswithin:
I was feeding him with syringe but I had to switch to feeding bottle recently.

Am facing similar challenge, gave birth on the 30th May via CS , my sister started using feeding bottle to feed the baby despite the nurse's admonition. Now , baby prefers bottle to breast and am still not 100% lactating.

Dr advise constant putting of baby to breast before feeding with bottle .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Happinesswithin(f): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
Am facing similar challenge, gave birth on the 30th May via CS , my sister started using feeding bottle to feed the baby despite the nurse's admonition. Now , baby prefers bottle to breast and am still not 100% lactating.

Dr advise constant putting of baby to breast before feeding with bottle .Hmmm.Its well I've always been a fan of EBF but see me now.How I wish my baby will start sucking I'll be the happiest person.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluwasemiloba(f): 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
Happinesswithin:

Dr advise constant putting of baby to breast before feeding with bottle .Hmmm.Its well I've always been a fan of EBF but see me now.How I wish my baby will start sucking I'll be the happiest person.

Mama, calm down, I was also in your shoes six months ago, delivered through CS and baby must eat, so syringe to the rescue, eventually, she refused to suck, if I put her to breast, na sos so cry cry. She didn't want to exercise her cheeks muscles. A nurse actually helped me out one night in the hospital, we sat down at it, she cried and cried and I was also sweating. But eventually she cooperated, so I will still recommend you putting your baby to the breast, it's better like that, or get a breast pump and bottle feed. But when he's not so hungry, continue to put him to the breast and don't let anyone make you feel less than the best that you are. You two will be fine kiss

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Timitoyo: 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
Oluwasemiloba:

Mama, calm down, I was also in your shoes six months ago, delivered through CS and baby must eat, so syringe to the rescue, eventually, she refused to suck, if I put her to breast, na sos so cry cry. She didn't want to exercise her cheeks muscles. A nurse actually helped me out one night in the hospital, we sat down at it, she cried and cried and I was also sweating. But eventually she cooperated, so I will still recommend you putting your baby to the breast, it's better like that, or get a breast pump and bottle feed. But when he's not so hungry, continue to put him to the breast and don't let anyone make you feel less than the best that you are. You two will be fine kiss

Thanks Sister
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Howyeh(f): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2023
Happinesswithin:

S/he will still suck grin
I rmbr den, my sis & mum & all around always marvel at how a weeks old baby wl prefer bottle to direct sucking.
...& I was thinking probably dt ws why he wasn't gaining weight . sad
At some point, the frustrated me started showering like 5-6times in a day, with frequent changing of bra join, (thinking probably sweat/sth I don't even know was irritating him)

Chai! It was SO frustrating as oga likes food, it became more frustrating wen one 60ml bottle no dey satisfy him @ a feed, so expressing frequently was really a big deal for the just recovering me... Night feeding nko!
Infact, I almost fought my mum for always suggesting we gt formula, I cudnt let anything not too serious jeopardize my EBF plan undecided
To cut the long story short, just wen we wr considering getting bigger bottles,all of a sudden, baba started refusing bottle 🍼, he wl suck till he's sweat drenched, sigh, den smile wink
His grandma wud say; ehn en, now u know d difference....

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Howyeh(f): 11:43am On Jul 13, 2023
Happinesswithin:
Good evening Sabi mamas.please I need your help.I gave birth on the 28th of last month till this moment my baby is still not sucking.My breast milk is not coming out very well.Pls help me.
As for your breast milk, always take light hot pap, infact, if psbl make pap your water!
Hot tea too.
If u take amala, take it like 3times in a day if psbl, (hot o, wey be say u sef go dey feel d hotness for chest as you dey swallow) it helps

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Timitoyo: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2023
Howyeh:

S/he will still suck grin
I rmbr den, my sis & mum & all around always marvel at how a weeks old baby wl prefer bottle to direct sucking.
...& I was thinking probably dt ws why he wasn't gaining weight . sad
At some point, the frustrated me started showering like 5-6times in a day, with frequent changing of bra join, (thinking probably sweat/sth I don't even know was irritating him)

Chai! It was SO frustrating as oga likes food, it became more frustrating wen one 60ml bottle no dey satisfy him @ a feed, so expressing frequently was really a big deal for the just recovering me... Night feeding nko!
Infact, I almost fought my mum for always suggesting we gt formula, I cudnt let anything not too serious jeopardize my EBF plan undecided
To cut the long story short, just wen we wr considering getting bigger bottles,all of a sudden, baba started refusing bottle 🍼, he wl suck till he's sweat drenched, sigh, den smile wink
His grandma wud say; ehn en, now u know d difference....

Lol grin very funny

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kokaiye: 8:09pm On Jul 13, 2023
sheilchi:
Hello Mamas

My baby's almost 9 months but doesn't eat well. She has lost so much weight. I tried giving her RELOAD but her appetite is yet to improve. She just leaves food in her mouth and wouldn't swallow. Her only food is pap as she refusednto take any cereals.
All these started after she feel sick n recovered.

Pps help as I am so worried
go and buy a baby walker... Tnk me later... Both my boys start using baby walker at 6months, my first start walking at 10months and my 2nd at 8months... I suspected it was the walker mk dem walk early.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Happinesswithin(f): 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2023
Thanks all will try everything.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cibel59(f): 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hello mamas. Please I want to know the cause of a baby passing urine less than usual. He feeds well though but I usually force him to drink water at times.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Esetim(f): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hello mamas, pls what can one do for a 20 month old who is stooling for 2 days now & teething. She has no fever, eats and drinks water very well and very active. But she refuses ORS.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Esetim(f): 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
Cibel59:
Hello mamas. Please I want to know the cause of a baby passing urine less than usual. He feeds well though but I usually force him to drink water at times.

I think you need to find a way to make him drink more water, cos infrequent urination is a sign of dehydration

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cibel59(f): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
Esetim:

I think you need to find a way to make him drink more water, cos infrequent urination is a sign of dehydration

Thank you so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by abawoman: 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2023
Justkatty:
I'll be glad if I can get a quick response here

Please mummies and Doctors in the house should help me

My baby of 5months has been finding it difficult to sleep especially at night due to cough and catarrh and I got to the pharmacy and explained everything to the pharmacist and he gave me neofylin of which we've emptied the bottle but still yet the cough refused to go

And is 3 weeks now, I actually thought she's teething but her temperature is not hot

Just the cough and catarrh and I don't expose her to call, please what else can I give to her
Thanks everyone.
I know hospital would have been better but I'm looking at the financial aspect of it
That's why I need something simple but effective.

Hi mama, I used a drug called NOCOF, i got it for 400 in a pharmacy shop and it works well for infant cough. The direction for use for age 6months and below is on it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Justkatty(f): 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
abawoman:

Hi mama, I used a drug called NOCOF, i got it for 400 in a pharmacy shop and it works well for infant cough. The direction for use for age 6months and below is on it
Ok
Thanks so much
I really appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Timitoyo: 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2023
Pls help;

What can I put inside mt baby's wardrobe, I saw a small cockroach inside but heard camphor is not good for babies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Howyeh(f): 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2023
Timitoyo:
Pls help;

What can I put inside mt baby's wardrobe, I saw a small cockroach inside but heard camphor is not good for babies.
Camphor is not good pls!
You may try "greenleaf" instead

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Timitoyo: 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2023
Howyeh:

Camphor is not good pls!
You may try "greenleaf" instead

Ok. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by labasulla(f): 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
Howyeh:

Hey mama.
So sorry you had to go through restitching and all, you' be fine.
As for the HBP, am almost always on the low side, so I don't know about it, but adequate rest may be all you need to be fine.
Hope you have a good support system ?
Make sure you feed well, take your drugs, & rest as much as you can.
God be with you and the new born.

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ryan03(f): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
Fertilady:

My dear, you have to recover fully o before you can engage in any tummy exercise. I always took the herbal peppersoup (aju mbaise) for up to 3months together with warm water.
good evening mama, pls did the aju mbaise work for you? How do you prepare the pepper soup?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Olamilekanoluwa: 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2023
Pls can I use paracetamol for a month old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Oluwasemiloba(f): 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
Olamilekanoluwa:
Pls can I use paracetamol for a month old
There's paracetamol drop for them, ask for it in the pharmacy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StarryV(f): 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
Good evening Mums and Dads. Please who is familiar with this medicine (picture attached) and how safe is it for an 11 months old baby. Who has been stooling for the past 4 days.
Your honest response would greatly be appreciated.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Toylove: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
kokaiye:
dis means she has acid reflex... Get a formula that work against acid reflex.
Good day ma, Please can you suggest any formula that works against acid reflex ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Justkatty(f): 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
abawoman:

Thanks mama baby is fine now

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jeanos: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
Good evening Mums
I have a very neat baby storage for sale.
It's going for 15k,any mama in Benin that needs it should reach out,price is negotiable.

Thank you

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ijelenwanyioma: 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
aye egbami o
I gave birth some days ago and today I was told to bring him neonatal test.

Please from this result, how severe is the jaundice? Is it something I can manage at home with sun and unripe pawpaw soaked in water. Please help me
Dont just read and pass🙏🙏🙏🙏

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Willjoy: 10:36am On Aug 08, 2023
Keeky08:
If you’ve been feeding your baby only pap, you need to introduce other foods quickly before they get used to only pap and find it difficult to accept other foods.

For me, I never gave my child pap. From 6 months, I started giving her single purées like banana, green peas, oat, rice, avocado, carrot, sweet potato, apples, etc. At 7 months, I started combining 2-3 foods in purées like avocado & banana, sweet potato & fish, oatmeal and peanut butter an also introduced other fruits and foods like yogurt, pineapple, strawberry, pawpaw, plantain, etc.

By 9 months, she was eating normal food with us including swallow, except that it’s mashed for easy swallowing but not puréed. By the time she clocked 1, she was a pro in eating anything and everything.

Please ma did you mix the puree with their formula or can I do that?

How often did u feed in a day(six month) also quantity

My baby will be six month tomorrow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trueherald: 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
Good evening mummy and daddies.

I've poured my heart and soul into curating a collection of clothing from 0 to12 years that are the most affordable in town, comfortable, cute.

Am I permitted to share the products here please?

I am also just starting a Whatsapp group to share what is available for sale if you are into wholesale or retail.
Please click this link to chat directly to be added to the group
https:///message/AJBQGM3RG4IAA1

Based in Abuja, I can waybill to any location.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ebowo(f): 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2023
[quote author=trueherald post=125061574]Good evening mummy and daddies.

I've poured my heart and soul into curating a collection of clothing from 0 to12 years that are the most affordable in town, comfortable, cute.

Am I permitted to share the products here please?

I am also just starting a Whatsapp group to share what is available for sale if you are into wholesale or retail.
Please click this link to chat directly to be added to the group
https:///message/AJBQGM3RG4IAA1

Based in Abuja, I can waybill to any location.
[/qu

Ok, add 07063605637 to d group
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by toyeoye(m): 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
[quote author=Ebowo post=125061703][/quote]

Interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (2507) (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.