Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402588 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimsusy(f): 6:21am On Aug 13, 2015
corrall:

Its like rashes sis, I'm so worried cos it's spoiling my cute bobo's skin. Beautiful morning to you all.

Please what is a alefo?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 7:13am On Aug 13, 2015
lovinam:
If your baby is below 1yr then u are still on track. So go get it from first dose

Ok Thank you. We didn't get it cos we're using a health centre, after seeing the discussion here I quickly checked her card and noticed she wasn't given pcv. Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by phunmielomo(f): 8:03am On Aug 13, 2015
bimsusy:
Hello mums, my LO has alefo all over his neck, face , feet n back. Have been using baby tribotan bt I discovered it dries out his skin. Pls what else can i do? His skin now has alot of patches.el

Bimsusy if truelly it is alefo go and get bactroban cream fro a good pharmacy and ask them to give you and antibiotic u can use with it.The antibiotic is to push the alefo out fully from the body while the bactroban cream is to clear it outside.that was what i used for my dd when she had it and latest two days it went.I was told to use hibiscus flower to bath her which i did and didnt see result until my doctor told me to use that cream.just try it and see.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enioladimeji: 8:13am On Aug 13, 2015
OmogeNG:

Please don't do anything to the immunisation site. It will go down on its own. Also, don't rub it.
Alright. Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 8:23am On Aug 13, 2015
Pls i took my baby for 6months immunisation and requested for the rotavirus vaccine but the nurse said he cant take it again because he is already 6mths. Pls mothers can he still take this PCV you are talking about?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 8:27am On Aug 13, 2015
mydreams25:
Pls i took my baby for 6months immunisation and requested for the rotavirus vaccine but the nurse said he cant take it again because he is already 6mths. Pls mothers can he still take this PCV you are talking about?

It's late for rotavirus but stil on point for PCV..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimsusy(f): 10:02am On Aug 13, 2015
Thanks alot sis, will give u feed back
phunmielomo:

Bimsusy if truelly it is alefo go and get bactroban cream fro a good pharmacy and ask them to give you and antibiotic u can use with it.The antibiotic is to push the alefo out fully from the body while the bactroban cream is to clear it outside.that was what i used for my dd when she had it and latest two days it went.I was told to use hibiscus flower to bath her which i did and didnt see result until my doctor told me to use that cream.just try it and see.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:36am On Aug 13, 2015
MiracleMum:

And the Paed approved it for a baby?
Tchiwinnie biko clear the air here on this. Am always not comfortable when I see online prescription for babies that has to do with swallowing. Omo e risky oh
Sorry dear. I ve been offline for sometym. Fone issues. Hope d air has been cleared nw. Didnt read all d way bk.
@fexcathy i dey o. Thanks for d mention How ur Lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Thanks very much able nurse. Will go for it next week.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 11:05am On Aug 13, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Sorry dear. I ve been offline for sometym. Fone issues. Hope d air has been cleared nw. Didnt read all d way bk.
@fexcathy i dey o. Thanks for d mention How ur Lo

Yes its been cleared. welcome back, i was thinking you were banned like bossladymo.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by franky2013(f): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2015
Good morning to all mamas in d house.. pls which toothpaste can i use for my LO dats safe to swallow (FLOURIDE FREE)? secondly mamas, is it d normal LISTERINE (MOUTH WASH) dat is reffered to as GLYCERINE? tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by frantoy(f): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
IMMUNIZATION MATTER
In my state -Edo state. they are all free. both private and general hospitals.
my question: which one is ROTAVIRUSand at what month do children take it?. my card reads pvc 1, 2, 3etc .
Pls mamas is milk compulsary for babies?. my son had not been taking formular and little in his cereals. (he eats by force). @8month now.
Any mama shld give further insights.
tanx

lovinam:

I know 3 states in the East give it free. Its a three shots vaccine. I'm shocked some states are paying for it. They should at least subsidise it. Sometimes we need to use govt hospitals or health centres for the common vaccines. They are actually d best cos they don't store the drugs. I rem when I went to give my baby vaccine in one of the big top three hospital in Lagos. We were 2 that needed that one, we were asked to go home cos they can't open it cos we were not many that needed it. I was shocked, we packaged ourselves and went home. I use govt hospital for immunisation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
MiracleMum:

Yes its been cleared. welcome back, i was thinking you were banned like bossladymo.

hehehehe
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PeyButtons(f): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
franky2013:
Good morning to all mamas in d house.. pls which toothpaste can i use for my LO dats safe to swallow (FLOURIDE FREE)? secondly mamas, is it d normal LISTERINE (MOUTH WASH) dat is reffered to as GLYCERINE? tnx

Hi, I usually use macleans milk teeth toothpaste flouride-free with cotton wool...you can give it a try!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
MiracleMum:

Ok. Good to know. No, I wasnt banned o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
OmogeNG:

Go to The Palms Lekki. The Nett Pharmacy there will have it.

A good and relatively cheap formular that has probiotics is Aptamil. If you want a formula with a higher fat content, buy Enfamil...although it is more expensive.

Okay dear, thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
Onegai:

I'll second Aptamil and add Gerber Good start to that list. Enfamil can cause gas in some babies (it caused gas with Baby E so we switched to Gerber). Corall, try and get your creams from the pharmacies in the Palms, of recent there's a huge ring of importers who flood the market with popular fake products. At least you will have a receipt and can cause a fuss if it turns out fake.

Okay, I will get Aptamil then, I am not sure I have seen the gerber one around. Someone around suggested that Nan 1 had probiotics
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
[quote author=bimsusy post=36901713][/quote]

My sister, it's not every one here that is yoruba, so some of those terms I can't relate to. My baby has this very annoying extremely tiny rash like stuff on her fore head the soft part of the head, she is 6 weeks now. I have been wondering what to do. doc said I should change soap and shampoo, I was on Johnsons, that is why I am looking for sebamed

Please mums let's try to describe what is going on with our babies so others can relate to it or give advice, let's not be giving native names to it. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hello mothers,
Please my baby has cradle cap and it has entered his body giving him white patches like eczema. i took him for immunisation and a nurse there told it's fungal infection and said i should rub him nystatin cream and administer nystatin syrup and flagyll syrup for 5 days. She also asked me to get potassium permanganet (spelling alert) and add to his bath water. I proceeded to the hospital and the crowd was something else, i waited 4 6 hours yet there was no available Dr.

Please has anyone experience such? What measures did you take? Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4tunebest(f): 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Good day nurse kaffy. I want to know if my 7 weeks old baby can still be given Hepatitis B vaccine. A nurse advised that it is no longer necessary if it wasn't administered @ birth and since I am not positive to the virus. Also, what can I use for the Eela on the skin of my baby? Thanks for your help.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
4tunebest:

Good day nurse kaffy. I want to know if my 7 weeks old baby can still be given Hepatitis B vaccine. A nurse advised that it is no longer necessary if it wasn't administered @ birth and since I am not positive to the virus. Also, what can I use for the Eela on the skin of my baby? Thanks for your help.

Please what is eela?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eumaca: 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pls does anybody here knows if they give Pcv in govt hospital @Portharcourt?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rieme26: 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
I'm a ftm and not a medical practitioner too. But my lo had cradle cap(seborhoea dermatitis) met a dermatologist and he told me to use sebamed anti dandruff shampoo for his hair, then daktacort cream on the affected part on his body and it cleared out in less than a week. You can try that,im not in support of taking flagyl. How old is your lo?
MGeey:
Hello mothers,
Please my baby has cradle cap and it has entered his body giving him white patches like eczema. i took him for immunisation and a nurse there told it's fungal infection and said i should rub him nystatin cream and administer nystatin syrup and flagyll syrup for 5 days. She also asked me to get potassium permanganet (spelling alert) and add to his bath water. I proceeded to the hospital and the crowd was something else, i waited 4 6 hours yet there was no available Dr.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
MGeey:
Hello mothers,

Apply breast milk on ur baby's cradle cap follow wit coconut oil n see d wonderment lol...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
rieme26:
I'm a ftm and not a medical practitioner too. But my lo had cradle cap(seborhoea dermatitis) met a dermatologist and he told me to use sebamed anti dandruff shampoo for his hair, then daktacort cream on the affected part on his body and it cleared out in less than a week. You can try that,im not in support of taking flagyl. How old is your lo?

He's 10weeks old. Thanks for your advise.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
proudmom38:

Apply breast milk on ur baby's cradle cap follow wit coconut oil n see d wonderment lol...

For real?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rieme26: 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
I used coconut oil for his hair too,couldnt stand the smell so I switched to olive oil and they both worked I guess. Just give it time it will start flaking out when you comb. Pls don't use your fingers to scratch it out.
MGeey:

For real?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 11:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pls mamas help my 2mons old baby always breaths noisily as if she has catarrh or somfin is blockin d nose bt no catarrh. I hv gon to hopsital is still dia after givin flu j. Its been long I noticed dis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 12:49am On Aug 14, 2015
4tunebest:

Even me, as old as I am, I can still get the Hep B vaccine. Whatever that nurse said is not true. Please ensure your kid gets the Hep B vaccine please....hepatitis B has no cure, it can only be reduced to a low level.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 12:52am On Aug 14, 2015
MGeey:
Hello mothers,

Get olive oil/coconut oil.

Rub it all over his head...generously.

Wait for 20-30 mins, depending on the severity.

Pick up a fine-toothed comb (picking comb), and gently ease the flakes off the scalp.

Then wash with a good shampoo...preferably sebamed or aveeno products.

Do that for a week and come back to testify.

Depending on the severity, you can even start seeing changes in as short as 2/3 days. Just ensure you don't peel it or pick at it with your fingers. You can infect the scalp.

Yes it is caused by a fungi, but I dont think it requires giving antifungal medication yet. Try the home remedy. It worked for both my kids. With my son, I didnt get the info on time, until I browsed baby centre, so it took about a week to clear off...but with my daughter, it went away within 3 days.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 12:55am On Aug 14, 2015
bimsusy:
Thanks alot sis, will give u feed back

Please be careful the drugs you give your kid....yeap...antibiotic is a drug. No matter how it is applied, it is still a drug. Indiscriminate use of antibiotics can set your kids up for life....long-term health issues. The doctor that prescribed such for the other mum, might have his reasons. When it comes to drugs, it is not always one size fits all.

I heard the hibiscus flower thing works....you can bathe him with that, as long as you dont give him to drink. But as for the drugs, no pls.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimsusy(f): 4:50am On Aug 14, 2015
Thanks a lot sis dats exactly what my doc told me. He said antibiotics is a no no for kids.
OmogeNG:

Please be careful the drugs you give your kid....yeap...antibiotic is a drug. No matter how it is applied, it is still a drug. Indiscriminate use of antibiotics can set your kids up for life....long-term health issues. The doctor that prescribed such for the other mum, might have his reasons. When it comes to drugs, it is not always one size fits all.

I heard the hibiscus flower thing works....you can bathe him with that, as long as you dont give him to drink. But as for the drugs, no pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.