Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402076 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 4:55am On Aug 14, 2015
bimsusy:
Thanks a lot sis dats exactly what my doc told me. He said antibiotics is a no no for kids.

When doctors give antibiotics, it's because they have weighed the risk-benefit ratio.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 4:57am On Aug 14, 2015
And as for the cradle cap, many children often get it or it worsens, after they have had a round of antibiotics. It is actually a common thing, even in Adults. That's why some women get thrush, after they finish a round of antibiotics.

Something about upsetting the balance of good:bad bacteria, which makes fungi thrive.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2015
MGeey:

For real?
Yes sis. Very effective!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 10:36am On Aug 14, 2015
biggal:
Pls mamas help my 2mons old baby always breaths noisily as if she has catarrh or somfin is blockin d nose bt no catarrh. I hv gon to hopsital is still dia after givin flu j. Its been long I noticed dis

Ur baby s fyn since he doesnt hv active catarrh and d symptom didnt just start. As he develops, his breathing ll become "clearer"
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eazee(f): 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OmogeNG: 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
eazee:
Good day my sabi mamas,

How are you all today? Pls I want to ask how safe is olive oil (goya oil) on my baby's hair. I was using johnson baby oil on her hair then she started reacting to it.. Was advised by a friend to use goya oil..pls help a confused FTM.

Una do well.

I use olive oil on my daughter's hair. Goya is the common brand in Naija. It is safe and fine. Don;t let the fact that it is commonly used as annointing oil scare you lol....all na olive oil...some people use it to cook sef.

Johnson has been known to have a 'not-so-good' effect on African skin and hair.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ayolight may God help. Thought to share as I sa this on fb

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2015
Thanks mamas for all your contributions. You guys rock!
I saw a pead. today and she asked me to use baby tribotan from his head to toe that it'll clear. She also said the nystatin suspension like they say "curing from the inside", that there's no harm in giving.
All in all, i'll be using coconut oil n shea butter. i want his hair to come out fast for his dedication cos d thing don cut hm hair wella.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayolight(f): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
mytestimony:
Ayolight may God help. Thought to share as I sa this on fb
amen. ve been trying dat no, Dey said it. does not exist. dat website address is also.not showing something relevant.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by desiree(f): 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
OmogeNG:

Get olive oil/coconut oil.

Rub it all over his head...generously.

Wait for 20-30 mins, depending on the severity.

Pick up a fine-toothed comb (picking comb), and gently ease the flakes off the scalp.

Then wash with a good shampoo...preferably sebamed or aveeno products.

Do that for a week and come back to testify.

Depending on the severity, you can even start seeing changes in as short as 2/3 days. Just ensure you don't peel it or pick at it with your fingers. You can infect the scalp.

Yes it is caused by a fungi, but I dont think it requires giving antifungal medication yet. Try the home remedy. It worked for both my kids. With my son, I didnt get the info on time, until I browsed baby centre, so it took about a week to clear off...but with my daughter, it went away within 3 days.

Well said...and babies eventually out grow cradle cap whether it is treated or not. The oil soaking method is just a way of managing/controlling it. My munchkin does not have it anymore and all I did was use olive oil and shampoo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
my baby finds it difficult sucking from the day he was born. i discovered his tongue was tied and it was cut few days ago when he was 2months 1week. now, he won't even try at out. did i do the right thing? am so scared
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
I need to rant, I want to rant...I want to scream, I want to cry. My baby do not sleep if I don't dance with him for at least 30 minutes, if I try to sit,he would scream and cry his eyes out and then he will sleep for like 10minutes only for him to wake up and then the dancing cycle starts again from the top. we do this for about 3 times before he finally settles to sleep. My back and my stitches aches like crazy cos he has started this at 4weeks and he is almost 7weeks now. Infact, a part of my stitches got opened and I know the culprit is cos I carry him to sleep. Please how can I help him sleep, I have tried putting him in a rocker,tried to place him down and pacify him to sleep nothing is working and I am feeling really worn out. HELP!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2015
lamdec:
I need to rant, I want to rant...I want to scream, I want to cry. My baby do not sleep if I don't dance with him for at least 30 minutes, if I try to sit,he would scream and cry his eyes out and then he will sleep for like 10minutes only for him to wake up and then the dancing cycle starts again from the top. we do this for about 3 times before he finally settles to sleep. My back and my stitches aches like crazy cos he has started this at 4weeks and he is almost 7weeks now. Infact, a part of my stitches got opened and I know the culprit is cos I carry him to sleep. Please how can I help him sleep, I have tried putting him in a rocker,tried to place him down and pacify him to sleep nothing is working and I am feeling really worn out. HELP!!!

Pele. weldon . some babies don't just sleep easily but the good part is that they change. my baby too could be that way. sometimes he changes n sleeps well. long and on some days its no sleep n all crankiness.

just keep trying ur best: sing, rock, back, rock on ur arms, or shoulder. amazingly even telling a story could work while rocking. u might also want to ensure that d place where u are putting ur baby to sleep is quiet n also reduce lightning. these generally help mine to sleep.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mummy2be: 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
lamdec:
my dear he'll change,mine started sleeping well wen he clocked 3months,d vigilante was epic,i no dey close eye some kids are like dat but dey change with time...the Lord is ur muscle

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rieme26: 10:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
Good evening mamas, pls I gave birth through cs my tummy is still very big. It's 2 months already. Please what can I do to reduce it. When can I exercise?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
desiree:

The IUD(coil) is what I'm on now. I used it before this current LO and I had it for 4 years....but you have to be able to bear the monthly pain and heavy bleeding. I dread my AF every month.

My gynecologist tried to convince me to go on the pill, saying it has 100% success rate.... but I said No. I would rather deal with the pain than get fat.

Any mother know of a BC pill that doesn't make you gain weight?

Am on jadell implant which lasts five years nd its been 10mnths I had it fixed,at first I thought it ws making me gain weight bt I eventuall knew d cause of my weight gain nd am bac 2 ma size,no pain at all bt d 1st 3 mnths ws hellish cos I bled lik anoda tin,now I dnt even see my MP every mnth sef.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
ayolight:
and yes, we were at Bses tday. smone calld me just nw to tell me Dey ve stated airing it. tnks

My sis its well wt u,I believe dt God will look at d innocence of dt child nd heal her miraculously,I knw u av been prayin nd God wil send u help 4rm on high.am nt financially buoyant myself bt pls cn u send me d name of d child?we av a monthly prog 4 1st borns nd children nd sun is ds month's edition,I wil lik 2 make her my prayer point nd am sure dt God will hear us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kechyl: 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
@Rieme, I also gave birth 9 weeks ago, I hv bn taking only warm water, no cold drinks, no pounded yam, lol, took plenty peppersoup, fruits & vegetables. I also usually place hot towel on my tummy when bathing & most importantly, exclusive breastfeeding.

It's not easy bt u hv to try. No exercise till after 6 months & with the consent of your doctor. Hope this helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2015
corrall:

Okay, I will get Aptamil then, I am not sure I have seen the gerber one around. Someone around suggested that Nan 1 had probiotics

Yes nan1 does bt I think they ar of diff types,check d tin 2 be sure,d one I usd had bifidus nd probiotics

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunnybaby26: 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
Arihodo:
my baby finds it difficult sucking from the day he was born. i discovered his tongue was tied and it was cut few days ago when he was 2months 1week. now, he won't even try at out. did i do the right thing? am so scared

Do u think d tongue ws responsible 4 nt suckin?I doubt it cos my 1st child had tongue tie nd he sucked well till it ws discovered at 6 weeks nd cut,he fekt pains 4 a few days nd he ws fin.u did d right thing bt talk 2 a doc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lamdec(f): 12:07am On Aug 15, 2015
Arihodo:
Depending on how the tongue is tied,it doesn't make babies suck well and trust me you did the right thing cutting that tongue cos your baby will thank you for it in the future. Have you tried feeding your baby with the bottle, tongue tied children find it easier to feed from the bottle than the breast.
if you are doing exclusive breastfeeding, try expressing to a bottle and watch if your baby will drink more from it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 1:10am On Aug 15, 2015
ayolight:

amen. ve been trying dat no, Dey said it. does not exist. dat website address is also.not showing something relevant.

Saw on fb. Maybe u would need to put a country code. I hope its for real. It wont be fair if thhey did it to toy with people's emotions. All the best mummy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimsusy(f): 2:24am On Aug 15, 2015
This vigilante over sweet o! My eyes are so heavy with sleep bt my oga say na playing n rocking time. Infact this is the real no pain no gain. May we reap d fruits of our labour Ijn.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suzzy16(f): 2:54am On Aug 15, 2015
dunnybaby26:

Wrap it wt paper nd grind,pour in d ori nd mix very well
does this prevent eela in baby bums or how
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 5:33am On Aug 15, 2015
@lamdec, it is normal to rant o, and babies go tru that phase, u can imagine rocking and all and then when I put my LO down to sleep, you just see him smiling at you throwing hands and legs and m like see this boy o. But the good thing is they change if not everyday, every week. He will still change and sleep longer also. Well done mama. I pray we all reap the fruit of our labour.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ona2: 6:47am On Aug 15, 2015
dunnybaby26:

My sis its well wt u,I believe dt God will look at d innocence of dt child nd heal her miraculously,I knw u av been prayin nd God wil send u help 4rm on high.am nt financially buoyant myself bt pls cn u send me d name of d child?we av a monthly prog 4 1st borns nd children nd sun is ds month's edition,I wil lik 2 make her my prayer point nd am sure dt God will hear us
dunnybaby, pls what is the name of your church and where is it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rashomo: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2015
dunnybaby26:

Do u think d tongue ws responsible 4 nt suckin?I doubt it cos my 1st child had tongue tie nd he sucked well till it ws discovered at 6 weeks nd cut,he fekt pains 4 a few days nd he ws fin.u did d right thing bt talk 2 a doc

For my second baby,around 8weeks,I was told she has tongue tie, didnt notice myself...buh she do suck well both befoe cutting n after...so dont think it affect deir sucking ability
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rieme26: 9:17am On Aug 15, 2015
Thanks so much. I have actually stopped the warm water and pepper soup I have to resume back. Still look pregnant and I'm resuming work soon. EBF makes me eat so much middle of the night eating and all. God help us.
kechyl:
@Rieme, I also gave birth 9 weeks ago, I hv bn taking only warm water, no cold drinks, no pounded yam, lol, took plenty peppersoup, fruits & vegetables. I also usually place hot towel on my tummy when bathing & most importantly, exclusive breastfeeding.

It's not easy bt u hv to try. No exercise till after 6 months & with the consent of your doctor. Hope this helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tikosdear(f): 9:37am On Aug 15, 2015
Sabi mamas ,I dey hail o.pls help a ftm o,my baby has CATARRH o,he is 3wks and few days,pls his nose is blocked,and he finds it difficult to sleep and breath. Pls what can I give him.i hv not slept since 3am o cry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2015
dunnybaby26:

Am on jadell implant which lasts five years nd its been 10mnths I had it fixed,at first I thought it ws making me gain weight bt I eventuall knew d cause of my weight gain nd am bac 2 ma size,no pain at all bt d 1st 3 mnths ws hellish cos I bled lik anoda tin,now I dnt even see my MP every mnth sef.

Wat was making u gain weight? Wanna share wit oda mamas so we can learn.. Sure sum r planning on goin on it but the fear of adding weight is stopping dem.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 9:43am On Aug 15, 2015
tikosdear:
Sabi mamas ,I dey hail o.pls help a ftm o,my baby has CATARRH o,he is 3wks and few days,pls his nose is blocked,and he finds it difficult to sleep and breath. Pls what can I give him.i hv not slept since 3am o cry.

Steam inhalation works,bath wit warm water and use towel wit a lil warmer water to massage his chest and back. Then apply a lil mentholatum mixed wit ori on d chest. Keep warm alwaz and continue breastfeeding. It's well sis
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tikosdear(f): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2015
thanks nurse kaffy,I will do that.Amen o it is well.
kaffy4bill:

Steam inhalation works,bath wit warm water and use towel wit a lil warmer water to massage his chest and back. Then apply a lil mentholatum mixed wit ori on d chest. Keep warm alwaz and continue breastfeeding. It's well sis

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.