Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4393330 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyyetty(f): 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
Wow! I feel loved again,thanks to u all God will continue to be with us and our kids. I give her d agbo in a smaller quantity and thiers always 3 days interval.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
gbeduman: My 2 weeks daughter is finding it difficult to poop, she pushes and struggles to poop but instead she will releases air, her stomach feels very hard, she have stayed for 24 hours now without pooping. I'm very concern, can someone give me an advice or remedy to help heal my baby with this uncomfortable situation? she is fed on Breast Milk and NAN 1, her mom tried feeding her with breast milk alone but she keeps crying like she wasn't satisfied,please Somebody help.

[size=14pt]When my Baby girl was 2 weeks she didn't pupu for a whole week getting to Her 3rd week we were almost going out of our mind, considering my wife was giving her bosom milk ONLY. Then fortunately granny visited...you know what she did? She got boiled water put it in a feeding bottle and gave my girll to drink. Almost instantly bowel movement sound started like magic.
I subscribe to @itsmelex advice on taking pap (particularly that made from millet with mixture of papper, ginger - worked for my wife) and watching the quantity you giving your baby or stop entirely till she is if age ie if your schedule will permit.dual pack pregna care breast feeding & new mom with omega 3 and calcium also helps with bosom milk. Thing is the longer a baby goes on bosom milk the better the baby's immunity and a little sterile water helps bowel movement.[/size]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 5:40am On Aug 01, 2013
Hellosss Mumms pls I wanto introduce pap to my 4months, which is beta, Millet or Corn?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 6:29am On Aug 01, 2013
itsmelex:

@Blank. Yeah, U'r right! I actually asked that question to know if the reaction was as a result of the nan, I was thinking maybe her tummy isnt accepting it(that is if the discomfort startd as a result of it) so I thought if stoping the nan improves the situation then she may try another product, ofcourse after being certain the discomfort was bc of the nan... Strictly my thought!

Making it light is also a good option.
U have to adhere to the instruction on the tin. Making it light results to stooling n dehydration. And can be bad too....I'll rather advice U always prepare the least mil and giv water as well cos any baby who's taking anythn apart from breast milk shd take water.Giv water 30mins b4 or after Nan
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Caleb7: 11:26am On Aug 01, 2013
byvan:

Have you heard of RISING RAVING POWDER,its suitable even for the youngest newborn.It clears rashes within a few days,my first baby had the rash issue too.I had to use the powder from the day my second baby had his First bath,he never had any rash issue.The powder is 200 naira only.It has worked for all my friends that complained of rashes on their babies.

Ok Nursing Mums,if u are in Abuja,u can get ur sheabutter cream at Wuse Zone 3,the website is www.sheattraction.com open the website to get more info. sheabutter is good for babies especially for their hairs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
Wendy80: Hellosss Mumms pls I wanto introduce pap to my 4months, which is beta, Millet or Corn?
mix both guenea corn, millet and white corn. If U̶̲̥̅̊ can do it yourself better for baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hi everyone, i just put to bed 12 days ago. My baby and i are fyn, but i had a CS and nobody around to help me with the baby except my husband. What i want to know is that will there be any problem with my health if i don't use hot water as required.
Secondly, what is the work of shea butter for newborn babies.
Thirdly, what can i do for my tummy 2 go down quickly.
Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mcfemad(m): 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
Trust everyone is doing fine.

My 12days old baby is having cough and catarrh with repeated sneezing, someone suggested we give Amplicox but I'm against that. I gave him Vit C drop this evening when I saw his laboured breathing; we've been told at the hospital not to give anything except breast milk.

I'd taken up a fight with granny this night as she insists we give Ampiclox claiming that was what they gave to me then kiss kiss I planned taking him to the hospital tomorrow morning,though.

Any home remedies?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 6:53am On Aug 02, 2013
veronix: Hi everyone, i just put to bed 12 days ago. My baby and i are fyn, but i had a CS and nobody around to help me with the baby except my husband. What i want to know is that will there be any problem with my health if i don't use hot water as required.
Thanks.

Congrats Dearie, 4 CS u cant tie ur tommy, just keep breast feeding it wil go down......tying tommy immediately after CS is @ur own risk oh
Shea butter(clean one)is very gud 4babyy skin, dats wht I use 4my baby. I mixed it with olive oil dn Whisk like egg to soften it. Dats wht I use 4 both her hair n Skin

I Don't get the part of the hot water
Mcfemad:
Trust everyone is doing fine.

My 12days old baby is having cough and catarrh with repeated sneezing, someone suggested we give Amplicox but I'm against that. I gave him Vit C drop this evening when I saw his laboured breathing; we've been told at the hospital not to give anything except breast milk.

I'd taken up a fight with granny this night as she insists we give Ampiclox claiming that was what they gave to me then kiss kiss I planned taking him to the hospital tomorrow morning,though.

Any home remedies?
Don't give any ampiclox pls, vit c is ok.........also try massaging wth hot water and apply shea butter on his nose bridge.....take alot of fruits ur self since u are still breastfeeding........hope ds helps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by itsmelex(f): 7:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
veronix: Hi everyone, i just put to bed 12 days ago. My baby and i are fyn, but i had a CS and nobody around to help me with the baby except my husband. What i want to know is that will there be any problem with my health if i don't use hot water as required.
Thanks.

Congrats Dearie, the Lord is your strenght oh. I also had CS and was told no need for the sitting on hot water and those stuff but I had warm bath and warm drink for 12weeks!(so I was told to do) and my hospital physioteraphist said tummy exercise should be until after 12weeks(dnt if other physio would sugest earlier)
WENDY is very right tying of the tummy isnt adviced, bossom feeding helps too.

Pls take things cool and dont push yourself so U dnt feel pains at night when you lay down to rest.

You can also use this product...C-panty.
www.briefessentials.com/view_product.php?iid=2&catId=37&pdId=1512

Got one for my sis and it was great, they didnt have it when I needed it so I went for a girdle. Bought goods twice from them and was delivered to me in abuja(my mind was up initially oooo.lol)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 7:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hi people,

Please I need help o, my seven month old doesn't want to eat. She just takes about three spoons and dats all, the way she locks her mouth enh, I can swear she was taught.

Anyways please what can I give her to boost her appetite?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by honeyyetty(f): 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
corrall: Hi people,

Please I need help o, my seven month old doesn't want to eat. She just takes about three spoons and dats all, the way she locks her mouth enh, I can swear she was taught.

Anyways please what can I give her to boost her appetite
Jst like my baby too, so someone advice me to give her asthymin drop which I did and now she eats well,its nt like other multivitamine and its nt expensive it will make her eat normal and sleep normal too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hummingbird: 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
Good evening...pls what style can I adopt when bathing for my babies,this evening one of the babies inhaled some of the water and it was pretty scary..I sit them on my thighs when bathing them. Secondly,one of the boys suck on his hand n its always sounding loud,people said am not feeding him enough,is this true??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hummingbird: Good evening...pls what style can I adopt when bathing for my babies,this evening one of the babies inhaled some of the water and it was pretty scary..I sit them on my thighs when bathing them. Secondly,one of the boys suck on his hand n its always sounding loud,people said am not feeding him enough,is this true??
I thot your Aunt was supposed to come. It's that sitting on thigh I'm familiar with,.i don't know any other style. Are you breastfeeding exclusively or augmenting with milk?. Maybe you shld feed them more frequently.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
[quote author=honeyyetty][/quote]

Honey,

You just quoted me without contributing, Abel I need help...anyone?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
@corral she did, read the last lines
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
honey86: @corral she did, read the last lines

Oops, I didn't notice, sorry.

Okay will I get astymin drops in any pharmacy?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hummingbird: 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
honey86:
I thot your Aunt was supposed to come. It's that sitting on thigh I'm familiar with,.i don't know any other style. Are you breastfeeding exclusively or augmenting with milk?. Maybe you shld feed them more frequently.
som tins came up so she wil be coming on Sunday..since the breast isn't bringing out enough milk,I give them formula and breast milk,If I give them formula around 10am,den arnd 12pm,I breastfeed again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
corrall:

Oops, I didn't notice, sorry.

Okay will I get astymin drops in any pharmacy?
its a popular multivite. you should be able to get it in any good pharmacy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by limsycutey(f): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hi everyone. My baby is three months old and I noticed today that her scalp is flaking in front, I'm really worried because my nephew's scalp too was flaking and his hair was coming, I don't want that to happen to my baby girl, please what do I do?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by slim05: 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=honeyyetty][/quote]
My baby is 8 weeks old and what i do is i scrub him with a clean wash-cloth first starting from his face (without soap, i realised soap was giving him rashes) then i put soap on the wash-cloth and scrub him starting from the neck all the way down, then i turn his back and scrub from the neck to the feet, pls note ; i was adding soap when necessary and also dabbing the wash-cloth with water. After this, i rinse the body carefully, using my hand to scoop water, then i wrap him and wash his head by tucking his body under my arm so he faces my face and i wash his head from front to back,then the ears gently, this way, theres no way soap or water will get to his face. I hope u can understand this and i hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
honey86:
its a popular multivite. you should be able to get it in any good pharmacy.

Thanks honey, I was able to buy one. But, the dosage written is 0.3ml, please is that the dose to give? Sheis 7months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 11:59am On Aug 05, 2013
Hummingbird: Good evening...pls what style can I adopt when bathing for my babies,this evening one of the babies inhaled some of the water and it was pretty scary..I sit them on my thighs when bathing them. Secondly,one of the boys suck on his hand n its always sounding loud,people said am not feeding him enough,is this true??

You can use a baby bather as it makes bathing babies easier compared to bathing them on your thighs. It reduces water pouring on their face as you can wash all their body parts seperately and dab while the baby is lying down. Its sold for about N3000 in shops. With baby bather, you can even migrate to bath tubs and shower trays easily when you're in a hurry and also easy to carry around when travelling in case there's no plastic in your final destination cos u can fold it flat. Here's a picture of what it looks like.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2013
limsycutey: Hi everyone. My baby is three months old and I noticed today that her scalp is flaking in front, I'm really worried because my nephew's scalp too was flaking and his hair was coming, I don't want that to happen to my baby girl, please what do I do?

One of my boys had this same flakes on his head and my ped prescribed chizoderm shampoo. Its produced by Chi Pharmacy. I poured olive oil on his scalp, massage for 10mins and comb out with a tiny tooth comb. Then washed with the shampoo 3 times a week and the flakes disappeared. I can"t tell if normal baby shampoo can remove it with olive oil but try it. I also read on some feorign sites that the flakes disappears on its own after a while, dont know how true this is.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Supergal01: 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
limsycutey: Hi everyone. My baby is three months old and I noticed today that her scalp is flaking in front, I'm really worried because my nephew's scalp too was flaking and his hair was coming, I don't want that to happen to my baby girl, please what do I do?

Hi. That Condition is called Cradle Cap. My son had it and it did not completely clear till he was about 5 months. He's six months now. To clear it, get Vaseline petroleum jelly and massage into his scalp over night in large quantity. Do this overnight. Wash off with black soap in the morning.

After this do not put any oily stuff in baby's hair, just wash and comb lightly. This is because the oil sits on the scalp and causes thicker flakes. You will notice a huge difference, but it should all be gone before baby clocks 6 months.

Don't stress over it, it's no biggie.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
Wendy80:

Congrats Dearie, 4 CS u cant tie ur tommy, just keep breast feeding it wil go down......tying tommy immediately after CS is @ur own risk oh
Shea butter(clean one)is very gud 4babyy skin, dats wht I use 4my baby. I mixed it with olive oil dn Whisk like egg to soften it. Dats wht I use 4 both her hair n Skin

I Don't get the part of the hot water

Don't give any ampiclox pls, vit c is ok.........also try massaging wth hot water and apply shea butter on his nose bridge.....take alot of fruits ur self since u are still breastfeeding........hope ds helps

I meant this soup that is being given to mothers that puts to bed. I have another question, my baby has tummy problem. It disturbs him everytime. So someone adviced me to use grip water. What do u pple suggest. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Wendy80(f): 11:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
veronix:

I meant this soup that is being given to mothers that puts to bed. I have another question, my baby has tummy problem. It disturbs him everytime. So someone adviced me to use grip water. What do u pple suggest. Thanks.

The soup is gud 4u, especially if it contains Uda,I neva xperience tommy probblem with my baby.........but I started givin her gripe water evry morn fron when she was 3days old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
hello great mothers pls oooo ve anyone use wellkid,i want to start given it to my baby.pls it is good pls i need ans urgent
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 1:24am On Aug 08, 2013
Iv heard its good,its suposed to be from d vitabiotics family shee
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by julicoka(f): 5:36am On Aug 08, 2013
tjskii: Iv heard its good,its suposed to be from d vitabiotics family shee
yes is from vitabiotics family
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayab1203(f): 7:09am On Aug 08, 2013
Mcfemad: Hello,

My first baby's naming ceremony was held yesterday and I honestly think that authorizes me to part of this thread smiley smiley smiley. It's a great to be a Father: I'm loving it sha smiley smiley.

@Mothers in the house, how do we handle Jaundice, my son was diagnosed to have Jaundice but the doctors said it isn't much in his body system. We had repeated three tests within one week and was asked to come again tomorrow for another test to see if the Jaundice is progressing or not. I'm afraid my little one will be punctured again and wouldn't want it to happen. I'd told my wife we're not going that the baby will be fine.

How do we handle it,please?

Strip hin na.ked and sun bath him in d early morning naija sun.@ least for 45 mins until u notice d jaundice has cleared.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 08, 2013
Good morning house, pls i need your advice about the type of diapers to use. I have decided to go with huggies but then i'm torn between the particular product to use. I am contemplating going for little snugglers 1 or snug and dry 1-2. Has anyone had expperience with these products?. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.