Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,327 members, 7,867,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4470642 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pjthatcher: 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2015
missmalachi:
Hello mothers, pls my 7wk plus DD has been pooing for 4 days now d poo is yellow wit white lumps n watering like n also drawing. Pls what could be d cause.
Nb
She is on EBF

Cc kaffy4bill, Modath, firsttymum, Tchiwinnie and other sabi mama

Pls she does it almost every hour though in small quantity n her temperature is ok
check what you are eating
keep a neat environment
see your paed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DFJ12: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
Good afternoon mamaa,pls my 10 weeks plus has something on her tongue, pls wat can I use to clean her tongue?we r not doing exclusive cos I dont lactate well.so I use formular plus breast.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
Pls my pple is it dat d thread 4rm d stitches wil fall off afta d sit bath
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kaffy4bill(f): 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
happymama:
Pls my pple is it dat d thread 4rm d stitches wil fall off afta d sit bath

No it won't but if it's falling dat means it's broken down. Pls get back to d hosp.
Wen my broke down, the thread came out but my doc refused to re stitch cos of possible breakage again
I wil advise u intensify the sitz bath and do it rite
Sit in d water for 5-10mins and repeat abt 3-4times daily.
Pls kip ur vj dry after d sitz bath
Wen it's itchy, try to manage it, don't scratch ooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by veins2016(f): 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
Onegai:
for the mama who asked me for hairstyles, I posted some pictures but then got banned for doing so. So you'll have to do the digging yourself. Google hairdos for girls' natural hair and quite a lot will pop up.

@onegai,am a ftm.can i hv ur email pls.need to ask u some questions
pls mamas,my 4month old gal wont allow anyone else carry her.she screams so loud weneva pple hold her! is dis normal?wen wil it stop.dropping her at creche is a nightmare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 7:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
shndy:

Was it d pull up u bought? Dats d cheapest on their site. Others r over 20k. How much was d shipping fee pls.
They hv a distributor here in niaja. I met them @ R jolad hospital in gbagada. They do come every Thursday to der antenatal class to advertise it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2015
Thanks to the mamas that answered my questions.its teethin that has bn disturbin my BAE.now the stoolin haz reduced.nurse kaffy yu are a darlyn,to other mamas God bless you guys.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
Missmalachi how z university of vigilante?regards to your lil Bae.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kimoni: 7:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
dunasy:

Personally, it is necessary. MIL says for about three months daily ( though now not as frequent as d first 4 weeks since i put to bed). She grinded spring onion, kafra pelebe and uda together, after which she placed them and in a small piece of cloth and tied.
We had to get a lantern for this purpose, the cloth is made moist at d bottom and placed on the top of the lantern for heating purposes and placed on DS's navel( the heat is first placed on my cheek oooo,to be sure it isnt hot and repeated like 6 times at a moment esp morning and evening bath).

It does help reduce stomach pain.I noticed in the first few weeks,once it is placed on his navel, he farts and all but now not so much when it is done, MIL says he is healing up already.

Hmnnnnnnnnnn

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
My dear, I hav not really started d vigilante tins oooo cos my mum is seriously spoiling me.my baby only wake up twice @ night or @ most on few occasion 3 times.i do express milk n keep so they feed her while I sleep. Infact am yet 2 learn how 2 bath baby.my mum is leavin 1st weekk in dec n I wish my dad can jjust allow her stay longer.
ahnie:
Missmalachi how z university of vigilante?regards to your lil Bae.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumFiyin: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
Mehn i envy you. I want to b like you when I grow up o.

I'm a 1st time mum and both my mum and mother in law stayed just 1 week (mum cos of her biz in lag and MIL had to go back cos of work)

Mehn i had to adjust when I realised i was on my own with hubby and God blessed me with a peaceful baby that i know its either food or sleep when he cries. But he can eat for Africa. Can wake evry hr to feed.

missmalachi:
My dear, I hav not really started d vigilante tins oooo cos my mum is seriously spoiling me.my baby only wake up twice @ night or @ most on few occasion 3 times.i do express milk n keep so they feed her while I sleep. Infact am yet 2 learn how 2 bath baby.my mum is leavin 1st weekk in dec n I wish my dad can jjust allow her stay longer.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
veins2016:

pls mamas,my 4month old gal wont allow anyone else carry her.she screams so loud weneva pple hold her! is dis normal?wen wil it stop.dropping her at creche is a nightmare

Hey I'm not so good with emails but ask away on here, I'll do my best to answer.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
kaffy4bill:

No it won't but if it's falling dat means it's broken down. Pls get back to d hosp.
Wen my broke down, the thread came out but my doc refused to re stitch cos of possible breakage again
I wil advise u intensify the sitz bath and do it rite
Sit in d water for 5-10mins and repeat abt 3-4times daily.
Pls kip ur vj dry after d sitz bath
Wen it's itchy, try to manage it, don't scratch ooo
thanks maam,Godbless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hmmmm Mil stays here in lagos n my mum stays in abuja but had to lock down her shop just to stay with me.infact she came along wit my 16yrs cousin staying with her.
I don't knw how I wil survive wen she goes n hubby goes back to work. Let me enjoy it now sha.
MumFiyin:
Mehn i envy you. I want to b like you when I grow up o.

I'm a 1st time mum and both my mum and mother in law stayed just 1 week (mum cos of her biz in lag and MIL had to go back cos of work)

Mehn i had to adjust when I realised i was on my own with hubby and God blessed me with a peaceful baby that i know its either food or sleep when he cries. But he can eat for Africa. Can wake evry hr to feed.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumFiyin: 9:24pm On Oct 24, 2015
Pls enjoy it. Very necessary.

Aws ur LO. May God bless her real good. Have a fab night.

missmalachi:
Hmmmm Mil stays here in lagos n my mum stays in abuja but had to lock down her shop just to stay with me.infact she came along wit my 16yrs cousin staying with her.
I don't knw how I wil survive wen she goes n hubby goes back to work. Let me enjoy it now sha.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Niyyah:

Criously, the cry can give someone headache n if not for my dh lipsrsealed, haa wud try the music Stuff tonight I pray it helps, thanks sis how's llil proudy doing?

I pray it work 4u dear...lil proudy is doing great.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2015
See groove
missmalachi:
grin
missmalachi:
abeg leave maa'le for your paa'le jor.anyways to bath a baby z not cumbersome.regardz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 6:37am On Oct 25, 2015
ahnie:
Thanks to the mamas that answered my questions.its teethin that has bn disturbin my BAE.now the stoolin haz reduced.nurse kaffy yu are a darlyn,to other mamas God bless you guys.
Were u able to see a pediatrician and u were told its teething? Cos when my baby was stooling nd running temperature some women said I should not bother its teeth. Till now no teeth o. I am glad I took my baby to the pediatrician.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Horlubunmmy: 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Happy sunday to my wönderful mamas in the house.

Congrat to the new mummies in the house.
For your quality baby carrier call
08098700066 or 08038678864.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Horlubunmmy: 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Happy sunday to my wönderful mamas in the house.

Congrat to the new mummies in the house.
For your quality baby carrier call
08098700066 or 08038678864.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
missmalachi:

Omoh, I envy you ooooo. Both mothers didn't stay up to 1 months. I even bathed my baby the 3rd day after delivery.

Since they left, they haven't visited. My mum's own is church church church, evangelism evangelism, sanitation sanitation and her business made her not to stay.

I'm preparing myself for next year. I don't need disappointment again

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
veins2016:

Hello could you ask me here please smiley I'm not so good with emails as that is not my primary one so I rarely check it. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
good evening mothers. Please do we have anyone living in Kano here? I need a reply urgently. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
Gud evening mamas. Pls is it safe 2 take zobo drink mix wit moringa leaf? Hope it won't affect my baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by opeasho(f): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sabi mamas in the house I hail o, how are our LO's? Please I need advice on baby walker, I was discouraged by my sister initially cos of accidents n all but my DS is on the very big side (10.6kg) and now very very restless he is exactly 5 months moro

Please i want to hear views from experienced mama on the best kind of walker to get for him. Thanks everyone
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sexiebecky(f): 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
[quote author=prolify post=39298513]

Congrats on your bundles of joy,i use shea butter by olive oil,detangler and conditioner all in 1,Its in a transparent bottle with a green top,works great for my LO.[/quo. Thanks dear for ur concern. Pls wat is d name and where can I get It
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ann2612(f): 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
DFJ12:
Good afternoon mamaa,pls my 10 weeks plus has something on her tongue, pls wat can I use to clean her tongue?we r not doing exclusive cos I dont lactate well.so I use formular plus breast.
dip ur towel in warm water mixed with salt and clean it. It goes off gradually, clean it daily with warm water to avoid it reappearing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
opeasho:
Sabi mamas in the house I hail o, how are our LO's? Please I need advice on baby walker, I was discouraged by my sister initially cos of accidents n all but my DS is on the very big side (10.6kg) and now very very restless he is exactly 5 months moro

Please i want to hear views from experienced mama on the best kind of walker to get for him. Thanks everyone

the main reason I think pple discourage walkers is cos ur baby is so mobile n can lead to accidents so u really have to watch your baby well n d environment. but personally I think its OK. my baby enjoys his time in it. though they need to be carried out from time to time n allowed to play on d floor etc too.

for best walker I generally think u should get one made from very thick rubber.usually comes packaged in the big carton. not those cheap light ones cos those can break easily.
since your baby is on d big side you should Aldo check for the weight specs of the walker

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 11:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Pls o is it normal for a breast fed baby to loose weight. My DS is alright, no stooling, loss of appetite or fever just DAT he easily gets distracted when sucking (strictly on EBF). #worriedmum#
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2015
nggie:
Pls o is it normal for a breast fed baby to loose weight. My DS is alright, no stooling, loss of appetite or fever just DAT he easily gets distracted when sucking (strictly on EBF). #worriedmum#

Find out what distracts him and avoid it. My son gets distracted if I nurse him in a noisy environment and TV room. For the weight loss, it happened to my LO when I resumed work but he picked up immediately. If there's been no change in his schedule, I think you should see a paediatrician.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dadsonval(f): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2015
Pls, good mamas in d house, kindly direct me to a good gynae clinic in Ibadan. Plssss. Or any doctor's number. Pls help a sister. Thnks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 11:10am On Oct 26, 2015
Dadsonval:
Pls, good mamas in d house, kindly direct me to a good gynae clinic in Ibadan. Plssss. Or any doctor's number. Pls help a sister. Thnks
Go to uch

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.