Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410694 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
@babeabike, d samples u posted re lovely. Pls I ll love to kno how ur search goes cos I also need stuff like dat too. Also team January.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
rozeeb:
hello mothers in the house. please i need suggsations on how to brush my 2 years old teeth and tongue so difficult and now she have wound on the tongue pls wat should i do. tnks

Let her brush it herself and guide her.
She holds the brush and you hold her hand and determine direction and pressure.
OR
Brush with her in front of a mirror and let her imitate you.
She should also brush 2ce daily cos brushing this way wont be very effective but it will establish trust. Also use baby toothpaste and very soft kiddies brush ( not all kiddies brush are soft o), once the hairs on the brush start to split, trash it.

Use vitamin C for her sore and go gentle on the mouth.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bisiswag(f): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
Love to all experienced mothers in the house. Am in a dilema *sobs* n I need ur help. My 3week old bae suddenly developed facial rash,raw red n ugly all over his face. My mother inlaw uses black soap and palm kernel oil on his skin daily from birth. Now @week 4 d rashes are all dry and he's having this old wizened look. Pls anyone with useful ideas on how to recover from this sort of stuff? Tnx all
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=tchiwinnie post=39873636]I m interested. How long does it stay cos na Jan I

good afternoon ma. I stay around alapere ketu. if you r in lagos it will be delivered to u free of charge. it doesnt get bad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
bisiswag:
Love to all experienced mothers in the house. Am in a dilema *sobs* n I need ur help. My 3week old bae suddenly developed facial rash,raw red n ugly all over his face. My mother inlaw uses black soap and palm kernel oil on his skin daily from birth. Now @week 4 d rashes are all dry and he's having this old wizened look. Pls anyone with useful ideas on how to recover from this sort of stuff? Tnx all

good afternoon, u can revive u baby's skin with seabmed soap and baby milk. you will come back to testify.
better stil, u can continue with the black soap and get the high quality coconut oil. you will also come back to testify..

weigh your pocket and go with the one u will b able to continue for a long time.
watch ur diet to b sure is isnt reacting to what u r eating..
it is well

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
rezzy:
Kammy Efezino Flourishbaby is 1 today. You shall grow in the fear and wisdom of the Lord. You shall continue to be a source of joy and happiness to your family. Your name shall never be mentioned among hooligans. May the favour of the Most High locate you now and forever. Amen. Wishing you long life and prosperity in sound health
Happy birthday flourishbaby. May u excel al the days of ur life,you shall grow in wisdom and love of God. To your parents,may God provide all what is needed totake care of you properly. Hip Hip Hip!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shndy: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
hajarahbadmus:

it is well
Exactly! Most of those rashes are actually a result of an allergy. My baby had on/off rashes ,peeps told me it's eela until I discovered he has corn allergy, removed it from my diet and switched him to rice cereal and that was d end of his rashes.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AmJane(f): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
MiracleMum:

She likes it because of the sugar in it, not because of the beverage itself.
Ok ma. Thanks a lot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=hajarahbadmus post=39875967][/quote]Ok, no problem. I stay in Lagos too. I ll contact u wen I m ready.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
bisiswag:
I ll suggest u stop d blk soap and udeaki. Switch to sebamed range of products. Mamas here swear by it. Is he on EBF? Continue feeding him well, very impt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Ok, no problem. I stay in Lagos too. I ll contact u wen I m ready.

ok ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 4:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
ahnie:
Gudevenin sabi mamas,pls my lil bae is displayin some acrobatic skills that i dont get...she is 4mnths+,when bn seated,she stretches forth her hands and tiny lovely feets 4ward as if to move.pls is it normal?cc nurse kaffy,beedam,modath,rezzy,mytestimony,proudmum38,zaynie,lovinam,firsttymum.
Baby is saying u think I will wait for u? Please put pillows around her. Babies can act film o

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
Thnks maam
mytestimony:

Baby is saying u think I will wait for u? Please put pillows around her. Babies can act film o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
rezzy:
Kammy Efezino Flourishbaby is 1 today. You shall grow in the fear and wisdom of the Lord. You shall continue to be a source of joy and happiness to your family. Your name shall never be mentioned among hooligans. May the favour of the Most High locate you now and forever. Amen. Wishing you long life and prosperity in sound health

Happy birthday baby Zino...God bless you in Jesus name amen

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bisiswag(f): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
@hajarahbadmus,shndy,tchiwinnie and all other moms that contributed thanks sooo much. Will continue the EBF and stick to ur oda suggestions. God bless u all real good.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bisiswag(f): 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
hajarahbadmus:

good afternoon, u can revive u baby's skin with seabmed soap and baby milk. you will come back to testify.
better stil, u can continue with the black soap and get the high quality coconut oil. you will also come back to testify..

weigh your pocket and go with the one u will b able to continue for a long time.
it is well
Tnx so much Ma. Pls any ideas where I can get this original sebamed products in Abuja?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babeabike: 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=Jenonye post=39861529][/quote]

Hey love,I'm interested

You can send me his no on 08038100160.can I see pics on whatsapp too.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babeabike: 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
Onegai:

You can have it made (but good luck finding a great stress-free carpenter 8 months pregnant) or you can have it assembled separately. Buy the crib, measure its length and use that number to buy a chest of drawers. Then buy a changing pad to put on top of the crib. You can then get a carpenter to paint it the colour you want or diy AFTER you give birth. I've seen an assembled changing station but it was open shelves and seemed made of hard plastic, about N45,000b(?) at Ebeano supermarket.

Thanks...I will check it out at Ebeano
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Peach45(f): 5:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
Good evening mamas in d house, my baby has rashes in his face for 2weeks+,ve used agnesia,johnson powder n even ammens bt it refuse to go,wat cream can I use cos my MIL said I shud use Vegas.......any suggestions cos his face is really rough.Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
bisiswag:

Tnx so much Ma. Pls any ideas where I can get this original sebamed products in Abuja?

I stay in lagos.
ccabuja mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mytestimony: 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
drekings:
@ babythug,@mytestimony,@Pelupelu
We are in the hospital now and my baby is responding to treatment. They are administering phototherapy on him...... Thanks a lot to all of you that shows concern i never knew there is a tread like this
How is your baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
bisiswag:

contact this lady in garki model market, that is old market NOT international market. she's got original Sebamed range. her no 08036674079. so sure Sebamed will clear the rash and her skin will glow
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hello everyone, pls my princess is 10wks n hv a full and long hair.pls can I start styling it cos she sweat a lot on head.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
Bisiswag and Peach45 and any other mama out there

Please stop with the black soaps and random creams which one cannot guarantee how they were made. Black soap dries out my skin (and I have oily skin), talkless of sensitive baby skin. The ingredient list for Dudu Osun has Lime in it, and that is very harsh and drying.

Firstly, write down when the rashes started and what they look like. It could be an allergic reaction to a cream or a food. Johnson's products have been known to cause allergies, and all these random soaps and creams that are formulated in Nigeria under whatever conditions I wouldn't trust.
WHat you both described doesn't sound like an allergy.

Baby's skin is very sensitive and you can use Olive oil, Coconut oil, sweet almond oil and shea or cocoa butter to moisturise and it will keep it soft and smooth. Avoid using baby oil, it is Mineral oil and does nothing for the skin except create a thick layer on top, not allowing it to breathe. You can use Sebamed and all those products (I've got one of their shampoos) but frankly Baby E has great skin (I didn't even realise this until everyone kept saying they see babies with rashes all over a lot) and shes been on Olive oil from Day 1. Sebamed is pricey but quality Olive oil? Affordable. Apply immediately after bathing the baby, whilst skin is still moist.

Baby powder (again Johnson's is the top of the worst offenders) can actually be a trigger in developing Asthma or other breathing concerns (if it continually gets in the lungs by being inhaled during application). If you are determined to use powdery substance, try Cornstarch. Most foodgrade products are safe for babies (Olive oil, Coconut oil, cornstarch etc).

Once you pat the baby down after her/his bath, apply the oil. It helps seal in moisture and that's what you need. I'm speaking from the experience of having a Clinical Dermatologist on speedial (he has to answer me or I throw a shoe at his head grin and his besto is a consultant paeditrician) and with all their experience, he recommends babies use oils first before having to use creams (he would recommend Sebamed if you have tried all else). Personally what cleared up my baby's ezcema on her scalp was a simple organic cream which is easily mixable and has as its main ingredients Olive oil, shea butter and beeswax. That's it.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
Pls sabi mama's am a first time mom, I did an ultrasound at 29wks & was told its a girl but I ve this strong feeling its wrong is ultrasound always accurate? pls reply,Thk U...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
beedam:

Lovinam has said it all. She wants to run grin.

She is attempting to crawl. You can buy the foam mat. I don't know the name but it's a big padded mat. My baby used it then too so there is nothing to fear about when he falls.

Its called a play mat

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Pacypatty:
Pls sabi mama's am a first time mom, I did an ultrasound at 29wks & was told its a girl but I ve this strong feeling its wrong is ultrasound always accurate? pls reply,Thk U...

Its not 100% accurate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=MGeey post=39890355]
Thk u ma for d prompt response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 6:22am On Nov 11, 2015
[quote author=jibola22 Thk U ma for d prompt response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 8:06am On Nov 11, 2015
My baby had rashes but it has cleared off leaving dry patches on his body so i bought sebamed baby body milk hoping to clear the dry patches. Now my question, I bath him morning and night,do I need to cream his body at both baths or just only in the morning? Pls sebamed mamas help me out because i want to testify as you all have testified o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jenonye(f): 9:16am On Nov 11, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Pls can we see pix of d crib he made for u?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.