Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,030 members, 7,838,581 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4434110 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2016
adejoke2348:
good morning and happy new yr mums ,pls is it OK if I stop my baby from sucking her finger?.
helovesme:

In my own opinion, yes. The earlier the better.
I wore hand mittens for my son everyday when I noticed he was sucking his fingers often at 3 months. Anytime the mittens were off and he had fingers in his mouth, I always removed them.
Now, he's 4 months and he has stopped. He no longer wears the mittens. grin
Story of my life grin grin grin
I started wearing her mittens 4days ago cos when I told my mum she said DD has to wear it for 1 month and she'll stop..she's 4months old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2016
Arihodo:
Am so scare 4 dat surgery sis. he is place on biotics right now. tanks.
Everything will be alright..just follow your Dr instructions, pray and keep thanking God for healing.

NoQualms1:

What can I do to stop my baby's cough and cattarrh that has refused to go? It's been about a week it started.
I've asked before and no one responded. I hope I get a response this time.
Happy New Year mamas.
Like Onegai said consult your Dr and have you tried eucalyptus oil AKA Sliver bird? It works too.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by marygold(f): 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2016
Arihodo:
HE IS 6MONTHS AND 3WEEKS
it will be well.Just make sure u cover him always.attimes cold makes it swollen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2016
marygold:
it will be well.Just make sure u cover him always.attimes cold makes it swollen.
TANK U DEAR. WILL SURE COVER HIM.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
Beryl15:

Story of my life grin grin grin
I started wearing her mittens 4days ago cos when I told my mum she said DD has to wear it for 1 month and she'll stop..she's 4months old

grin grin
Wearing mittens work. You just need to be consistent with it. I made sure he wore them Monday to Friday and anytime we went out (obviously because of the cold weather).

At a point my son wasn't just sucking one finger but three at the same time. Nobody told me before I got 'em mittens out. grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
Arihodo:
TANK U DEAR. WILL SURE COVER HIM.

Hmm. What are you using at the moment?

Do you use any saline nasal spray?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2016
NoQualms1:
Thanks rezzy. Happy new year to you and yours.

What can I do to stop my baby's cough and cattarrh that has refused to go? It's been about a week it started.

I've asked before and no one responded. I hope I get a response this time.

Happy New Year mamas.

I found out that the following home remedies worked for me when my son had a cold/brochitis:

1) silver bird diluted with coconut oil and applied on the scalp
2) warm bath every morning and night. Use a towel with warm water "to press" his chest and back
3) apply robb to chest, back, sides and feet. Do NOT apply robb on his nose.
4)wear socks on his feet
5)lots of warm fluids (if you are not EBF)
6) every time he sneezes and there's mucus, suck it out immediately using either your mouth or a nasal aspirator. You need to get rid of any mucus in the body.
7) if there's dried mucus in his nose, using a towel soaked in warm water, use it "to press" his nose and the bridge of his nose and allow him inhale the steam from the towel
coolallow him inhale steam. Either from running the shower and placing him in the bathroom or inhaling steam from water in a bowl (you can put robb and little drops of silver bird in the hot water and allow him inhale a little.
9)if you can get "olbas oil" ( it's similar to silver bird), apply few drop at the edge of your baby's cot at night so that he can inhale it.

arihodo, you can also try these home remedies. My son was always congested at night and fine during the day. After repeated visits to the hospital, wasting money on a humidifier and a prescription of antibiotics that did nothing, I did everything listed above and now he's okay. smiley He's no longer congested and no more restless nights with uncomfortable breathing.

Please stay off saline nasal sprays. I found out that it made his congestion actually worse and his breathing very laboured.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NoQualms1(f): 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2016
mummy2be:
try this brand of vit C Esocee,then u keep him hydrated,give enof BM,breathing in steam heIps too,then get a nasaI drop pIs don't expose baby to coId too

Thank you mama. I've stopped breastfeeding but will keep to your advices. God bless you.

@Onegai. I will see a paed, was just thinking of watching for a few more days before. Thanks and God bless.

@Beryl15, thanks. Just that I'm scared of eucalyptus oil. I learnt it's too harsh for babies. The one I bought since I gave birth to her has never been opened. But I will try to use it if it persists. God bless you.

@helovesme. Thanks for the detailed home remedies. I will try them out. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mulberry: 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
stadora:
Pls mamas, I bot ds breast pump, But cudnt use it cos I feel its nt Gud. Is it posible dat a breast pump wil not b effective or its me dat doesn't no how 2 use it. I feel like cryin anytime I want 2 use it butvit wunt pump.
Pls Wo has used ds type n how does it work? Pls mamas come 2 my aid, as I cant afford 2 buy anoda 1.

Hi stadora, I used did pump wen I had problems wit my madela pump. But its a little bit stressful as its manual and u ve to keep pumping for about 30mins. But its effective

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2016
feddy27:
Happy new year dear mamas! smiley

Please I need help, my son of 8mths has rashes on his face only for about 2wks now. I've used baby tribotan yet no effect. I need your advise pls.

Please help with answers.

Cc: firsttymum, onegai, beryl15, kaffy4bill, tchwinnie, modath

Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2016
feddy27:

Thanks in advance

A Paediatrician prescribed visita antifungal cream when my son had rashes. She told me to rub only for three days. It will make him sweat but it works.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2016
MGeey:

A Paediatrician prescribed visita antifungal cream when my son had rashes. She told me to rub only for three days. It will make him sweat but it works.

Thanks dearie. I will give it a try
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 5:46am On Jan 03, 2016
helovesme:

I found out that the following home remedies worked for me when my son had a cold/brochitis:

2) warm bath every morning and night. Use a towel with warm water "to press" his chest and back
4)wear socks on his feet
6) every time he sneezes and there's mucus, suck it out immediately using either your mouth or a nasal aspirator. You need to get rid of any mucus in the body.
7) if there's dried mucus in his nose, using a towel soaked in warm water, use it "to press" his nose and the bridge of his nose and allow him inhale the steam from the towel
coolallow him inhale steam. Either from running the shower and placing him in the bathroom or inhaling steam from water in a bowl (you can put robb and little drops of silver bird in the hot water and allow him inhale a little.
9)if you can get "olbas oil" ( it's similar to silver bird), apply few drop at the edge of your baby's cot at night so that he can inhale it.

arihodo, you can also try these home remedies. My son was always congested at night and fine during the day. After repeated visits to the hospital, wasting money on a humidifier and a prescription of antibiotics that did nothing, I did everything listed above and now he's okay. smiley He's no longer congested and no more restless nights with uncomfortable breathing.

Please stay off saline nasal sprays. I found out that it made his congestion actually worse and his breathing very laboured.

Pls can this work on a 3months old baby? She has stuffy nose and it's giving her temperature. .....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firsttymum(f): 7:45am On Jan 03, 2016
rezzy:
Happy New Year to all the mamas in this thread.

Our senior mamas your contributions are well appreciated. More ginger to your effort.
@ Modath, zaynie, Lovinam, Onegai, Ozycy

Our medical personnels here, I doff my hat for una.
@ Firsttymum, tchwinnie, Kaffy4bill
Sweetie happy new year.... God bless your family richly

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:16am On Jan 03, 2016
rezzy:
Happy New Year to all the mamas in this thread.

Our senior mamas your contributions are well appreciated. More ginger to your effort.
@ Modath, zaynie, Lovinam, Onegai, Ozycy

Happy New Year Rezzy kiss
Happy New Year Mothers kiss
Happy New Year Fathers lipsrsealed
Happy New Year Babies kiss kiss
Have a wonderful 2016.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2016
helovesme:

4)wear socks on his feet

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 9:04am On Jan 03, 2016
ok sweetie. will sure do it and report back. tank u plenty.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Arihodo(f): 9:06am On Jan 03, 2016
helovesme:

Hmm. What are you using at the moment?
Do you use any saline nasal spray?
No dear. i use hot balm on his chest
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
feddy27:

Thanks in advance

we don't know why it started. So why not please post a picture of it, when it started and think back, did anything change in diet/washing? No itching or fever sha. It's probably nothing serious (Baby E had a mild rash on her face that cleared up within 3 days and I was told most babies tend to throw out rashes from time to time).
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shiller(f): 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mamas plz help us wt d ans......am hvn same problem too...my ds is 4months..no fever, tanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shiller(f): 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
Mamas plz help us wt d ans ....am having d same problem too....my ds is 4months...no fever, tanks.
floragregs:
I need answers ooo please. I'm exclusively breastfeeding. After eating bananas and some soft drinks baby's poop turned green. It's been a week now. What do I do? Plz help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
ayobarmy:

Pls can this work on a 3months old baby? She has stuffy nose and it's giving her temperature. .....

Yes, you can.

Is she feeding well? If not, take her to see the pediatrician.

If she's feeding well, give her paracetamol for the temperature and if it doesn't subside, take her to the hospital.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oselin: 3:02am On Jan 04, 2016
Compliment of the season to all mamas in the house. Pls mamas that stay in Songo, Ogun state area that uses sebamed product should pls describe where I can get it. Have searched a lot of places and didn't see to buy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 7:10am On Jan 04, 2016
Onegai:

we don't know why it started. So why not please post a picture of it, when it started and think back, did anything change in diet/washing? No itching or fever sha. It's probably nothing serious (Baby E had a mild rash on her face that cleared up within 3 days and I was told most babies tend to throw out rashes from time to time).

Onegai, thanks dearie. It's mild. Think I will just wait it out and observe for any changes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by RashMe(f): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
oselin:
Compliment of the season to all mamas in the house. Pls mamas that stay in Songo, Ogun state area that uses sebamed product should pls describe where I can get it. Have searched a lot of places and didn't see to buy

u can check at Toyos Mother or Ramsgate Pharmacy. Dats d place u can get original
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 1:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
floragregs:
I need answers ooo please. I'm exclusively breastfeeding. After eating bananas and some soft drinks baby's poop turned green. It's been a week now. What do I do? Plz help
shiller:
Mamas plz help us wt d ans......am hvn same problem too...my ds is 4months..no fever, tanks.
Well I had the same issue with my DD and it lasted for a while. when to see the pediatrician and was told to watch it just noticed her poop has been normal for about two weeks now. I think I know what caused it, her body lotion..might sound weird but the green poop started around the time I started using it
I suggest you see a pediatrician cos several things could cause green poop including:
What you eat;
Baby not getting enough hind milk( fat rich milk);
An infection or;
Reacting to a medication you're taking.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
shiller:
Mamas plz help us wt d ans ....am having d same problem too....my ds is 4months...no fever, tanks.
Its presently happening to my DD n the doc said its teething poo.ur baby will be fine cos nothing is wrong wit him/her

Cc
floragregs

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Beryl15: 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
helovesme:

grin grin
Wearing mittens work. You just need to be consistent with it. I made sure he wore them Monday to Friday and anytime we went out (obviously because of the cold weather).

At a point my son wasn't just sucking one finger but three at the same time. Nobody told me before I got 'em mittens out. grin

grin grin grin I'm going to share my testimony soon wink it's almost a week now with the mittens

@Feddy27..I no get anything to add again except to see the pediatrician if it persists.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by floragregs(f): 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
Beryl15:

Well I had the same issue with my DD and it lasted for a while. when to see the pediatrician and was told to watch it just noticed her poop has been normal for about two weeks now. I think I know what caused it, her body lotion..might sound weird but the green poop started around the time I started using it
I suggest you see a pediatrician cos several things could cause green poop including:
What you eat;
Baby not getting enough hind milk( fat rich milk);
An infection or;
Reacting to a medication you're taking.

tnx a lot dearie. I have seen a doctor. He recommended some drugs. I started giving him this morning. I think the green poop started after I ate too many bananas.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missmalachi: 1:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
adaphik:
Hello mums, pls my baby has this eye discharge more from the right eye. That when she sleeps n wakes up the eyes r shut up. Could it be an eye infection? What do I use. Thanks. 5weeks old.
@ birth my baby had this white spec coming out of one of her eyes.went to see her doctor n he gav us eye drop to use but it didn't go away.
My mum told me during ther time they use Breast milk n I gave it a try.the spec stopped after 5days
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shiller(f): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
Tanks alot@missmalachi nd beryl15

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.