Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,771 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4469558 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (2516) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 10:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
Pls mamas my baby's poo is greenish mix with Mellon like substance, they said is jadi-jadi .Pls what do I use.she is on Ebf 3month * .am n't eating sugary things only tea oooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mbula(f): 10:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
[quote author=mitche15 post=41719529]my daughter has adenoids, keep ur baby away from dust,insecticides, air freshners and the likes, they are possible triggers.............. then, COD liver oil is ur new bestie.... trust me, i have been in ur shoes, my girl is 2+ now and its alot less. no more fever wen it starts. my dear, when they start school is worse because they contract cold everyother week which is another trigger. cod liver oil helped us. it will pass. as per operating, my paed said its not that big to operate, i am not ur doctor so i cant advise on that. its not necessary to operate except it has grown really large. God will help u pass this phase. [/quote

thanx dear....will try d cod liver oil . tomorrow is my appointment with d ENT doc.will keep u posted
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2016
viviparity:
Pls mamas my baby's poo is greenish mix with Mellon like substance, they said is jadi-jadi .Pls what do I use.she is on Ebf 3month * .am n't eating sugary things only tea oooo
Don't gv any drug. Improve ur own diet and breastfeed her more often.She ll b fyn. Relax.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 7:30am On Jan 07, 2016
shrekandfiona:

Please do not give him any drugs. My paediatric advised against giving drugs too often especially if a baby is exclusively BF.

If you're too concerned about the frequent stool, you can take flagyl or drink small stout. It's mostly the mums diet that affects the stool of EBF babies. And if no temperature and he is gaining weight, then relax

OK.

Thank ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by viviparity: 8:30am On Jan 07, 2016
tchiwinnie:
Don't gv any drug. Improve ur own diet and breastfeed her more often.She ll b fyn. Relax.
thank u ma.u are blessed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 8:36am On Jan 07, 2016
Good luck babe[quote author=mbula post=41727947][/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by happymama: 11:01am On Jan 07, 2016
Gudday mamas,wishin us all a gr8 year filled with much awaited blessin,nd blessins byond our imaginatns,pls i nid advice on d fud nd formular 2introduce 2my 3mnth old baby,as i want 2strt taking him 2creche,we av bn on EBF til nw..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:20am On Jan 07, 2016
happymama:
Gudday mamas,wishin us all a gr8 year filled with much awaited blessin,nd blessins byond our imaginatns,pls i nid advice on d fud nd formular 2introduce 2my 3mnth old baby,as i want 2strt taking him 2creche,we av bn on EBF til nw..

Aptamil !

its the best in the market.

i have never and will never be a fan of giving babies PAP.aka. ''Ogi''. its nothing but a very complex carbohydrate-laden meal with absolutely no nutritional benefits. As an adult i am not even a fan and absolutely no way, i am introducing my child to it. trying to 'decorate' pap by adding things like crayfish, etc to it buttresses the fact that pap is nothing but complex cab which is only used to 'fill up' a child's tummy #myopinion

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
helovesme:

Aptamil !

its the best in the market.

i have never and will never be a fan of giving babies PAP.aka. ''Ogi''. its nothing but a very complex carbohydrate-laden meal with absolutely no nutritional benefits. As an adult i am not even a fan and absolutely no way, i am introducing my child to it. trying to 'decorate' pap by adding things like crayfish, etc to it buttresses the fact that pap is nothing but complex cab which is only used to 'fill up' a child's tummy #myopinion

See as you just take english belittle our ogi...... grin Take your time woman!!!!!!!!

When you have a baby/child that refuses ALL but gulps down plain ol' ogi then you will appreciate it more. Many cereals - ogi included are made from carbs so it's not bad nutritionally if you ask me. Adding flavours of course is to enhance the taste a bit.....

Once again *take your time and give ogi a chance* cheesy

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ogi is verrrrryyyyyy goooooood!

-It is simple to digest cos the complex carbs have been fermented naturally.
- It contains a lot of good bacteria and fungi that prevent stomach upset. These microbes have also been found out to prevent cancer.
- It is easily accessible.
- it is simple to prepare from scratch.
- it is cheap.
- do you know that the yellow maize is highly proteinous. It is one of the main sources of plant protein.
- ogi has no preservative. It is self preserving as long as you change the water when due.
- you dont have to be afraid of buying fake ogi.
- the only reason ppl add crayfish and so on IMO is to have a balanced diet.
- baby's taste differ. They probably like the tangy/ slightly sour taste of ogi.

As for me, I dont put all those decorations in my ogi. The baby drinks it plain or with milk. I add them in the main meal.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2016
babythug and zaynie - Ogi Voltrons grin grin kiss

what about pee? the few times i take Ogi, i find myself just visiting the loo. does it have the same effect on babies?

what about tiredness/feeling sleepy? some adults do say thats how ogi makes them feel.

how do you feed a 2-3 months old baby with it considering the fact that ogi is thick and a child that age should be fed ideally using a bottle with a teat with just one hole or two? dont tell me you over-dilute the ogi oh to make it the same consistency as milk or water shocked

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 1:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
@sheweezy and Zaynie, I sight you both
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
@sheweezy and Zaynie, I sight you both.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
helovesme:
babythug and zaynie - Ogi Voltrons grin grin kiss

what about pee? the few times i take Ogi, i find myself just visiting the loo. does it have the same effect on babies?

what about tiredness/feeling sleepy? some adults do say thats how ogi makes them feel.

how do you feed a 2-3 months old baby with it considering the fact that ogi is thick and a child that age should be fed ideally using a bottle with a teat with just one hole or two? dont tell me you over-dilute the ogi oh to make it the same consistency as milk or water shocked

cheesy

Ogi and other cereals should be from six months oh! I believe most mums would do just milk till about then.

Does this mean you'll be having some pap/ogi/akamu as part of your dinner today? wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
Lol @ Ogi Voltron cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ogi for 2-3 months I do not support o.
From like 5 months and above....ehn ehn
Wee wee from ogi is the main reason you give it to babies, elderly, fasting peeps and sick....it is semi solid and most importantly easily digestible.
The aforementioned peeps don't quite have the inner strength to digest food as quickly as the body needs it.

The tiredness/ laziness is as a result of the 'hot' ogi. People feel drowsy after hot meals. E dey calm body now wink

You can feed with spoon nah plus the feeding bottle has diff sizes of teat.
Or you can be like me and manually expand the teat. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
beedam:
@sheweezy and Zaynie, I sight you both.

Oga mi!
Twale for you!!
Anything for the girls wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
zaynie:

Oga mi!
Twale for you!!
Anything for the girls wink

One bottle of Odeku for you. wink

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
beedam:

One bottle of Odeku for you. wink

Odeku keh? shocked
E mi Alhaja! shocked
Ti mo tun breastfeed shocked
Lemme take Ribena abeg cool

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ElFenomeno1: 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
zaynie:

Odeku keh? shocked
E mi Alhaja! shocked

Just a glass is fine.
Go on grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
zaynie:

Odeku keh? shocked
E mi Alhaja! shocked

Lol. A cup of pap for you!

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mbula(f): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
good day neautoful mamas....pls join me in thankig God ooooooo he is more than faithful.he made it end in paise today for me....my story goes this way, my LO was diagnosed of adeniod hypertrophy cuz he had cold and catarrh and wen I took him to see a paediatrician at teaching hospital, I was askedto do x ray which gave birth to d diagnosis. I was referred to an ENT surgeon whom had appointment with today cuz d paediatrician told me that from the diagnosis, its no longer his field.

I came in here and shered my problem, beautiful mums here encouraged me.i went to d hospital today for my appointment with d ENT doc, lo and behold when he saw the x ray and also examined my LO, he saiid he doesn have adeniod, that from the x ray, it was cartahh mucu dat made him snore and dat d x ray wasn't done correctly, d diagnosis is wrong that I should go with my lil one and give him vit c only every day.sorry to add,antibiotics was prescribed for him after d x ray whih finished yesterday.God is more than faithful oooo

may God bless all d mamas dat gave words of encouragement.indeed it ended in praise.....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 1:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
ElFenomeno1:

Just a glass is fine.
Go on grin

God bless you jare
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good day mama's, my 2 months old baby pcv is 28% should I be worried? Doc said it's low and I should administer folic acid once daily for 2 weeks to lo. I was on ebf but I want to start giving lo water cos of the drugs we were given, I feel he needs water since he is taking too many drugs. What do you think
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
Mamas please I need instructions on how to prepare soya beans into milk.

Okay, the thing is I already prepared the ogi and was advised to add soya to it. So I bought the soya beans and I have soaked it already. I want to make it into milk and then mix with the ogi and refreeze it and if it's too much I hope other adult members of my family can drink it as well.

Please o... I have soaked for 24 hours already.
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 4:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
Zaynie o! You no de hide collect abi? Lol
Helovesme I'm with you on the ogi matter. Personally I don't take till date, it tastes nasty. When I gave birth to my first baby DH told me if he sees ogi and cloth napkin in the house, he will package me back to my papa house. Rotfl!
Now they are grown up, I give them o but not me

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beedam(f): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
joyousf:
Mamas please I need instructions on how to prepare soya beans into milk.

Okay, the thing is I already prepared the ogi and was advised to add soya to it. So I bought the soya beans and I have soaked it already. I want to make it into milk and then mix with the ogi and refreeze it and if it's too much I hope other adult members of my family can drink it as well.

Please o... I have soaked for 24 hours already.
Thanks

You just made me laugh. You no sabi do am and yet you go soak am.

Abeg who sabi o? Make our soya no go spoil. It's been in water for 24hrs already!!!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
I used aptamil. Its really nice
happymama:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lovinam: 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Follow the doctors instruction. I don't know abbout giving him water. I guess you should cos of the drugs. Pls be sure the water is very clean.
@tchwinie a lil help here
Eminya:
Good day mama's, my 2 months old baby pcv is 28% should I be worried? Doc said it's low and I should administer folic acid once daily for 2 weeks to lo. I was on ebf but I want to start giving lo water cos of the drugs we were given, I feel he needs water since he is taking too many drugs. What do you think
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 5:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
lovinam:
Zaynie o! You no de hide collect abi? Lol
Helovesme I'm with you on the ogi matter. Personally I don't take till date, it tastes nasty. When I gave birth to my first baby DH told me if he sees ogi and cloth napkin in the house, he will package me back to my papa house. Rotfl!
Now they are grown up, I give them o but not me

grin grin grin

I fully agree with your husband.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
mbula:
good day neautoful mamas....pls join me in thankig God ooooooo he is more than faithful.he made it end in paise today for me....my story goes this way, my LO was diagnosed of adeniod hypertrophy cuz he had cold and catarrh and wen I took him to see a paediatrician at teaching hospital, I was askedto do x ray which gave birth to d diagnosis. I was referred to an ENT surgeon whom had appointment with today cuz d paediatrician told me that from the diagnosis, its no longer his field.

I came in here and shered my problem, beautiful mums here encouraged me.i went to d hospital today for my appointment with d ENT doc, lo and behold when he saw the x ray and also examined my LO, he saiid he doesn have adeniod, that from the x ray, it was cartahh mucu dat made him snore and dat d x ray wasn't done correctly, d diagnosis is wrong that I should go with my lil one and give him vit c only every day.sorry to add,antibiotics was prescribed for him after d x ray whih finished yesterday.God is more than faithful oooo

may God bless all d mamas dat gave words of encouragement.indeed it ended in praise.....

I knew the diagnosis was wrong which was I said i would personally ignore it.

That paediatrician should be flogged. I wonder how many other mums he's given wrong diagnosis which has resulted in sending them into panic mode.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
zaynie:
Lol @ Ogi Voltron cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ogi for 2-3 months I do not support o.
From like 5 months and above....ehn ehn
Wee wee from ogi is the main reason you give it to babies, elderly, fasting peeps and sick....it is semi solid and most importantly easily digestible.
The aforementioned peeps don't quite have the inner strength to digest food as quickly as the body needs it.

The tiredness/ laziness is as a result of the 'hot' ogi. People feel drowsy after hot meals. E dey calm body now wink

You can feed with spoon nah plus the feeding bottle has diff sizes of teat.
Or you can be like me and manually expand the teat. lipsrsealed

grin grin cheesy

Oga is ogi. grin Whether at 2 months or 12 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2016
babythug:

cheesy

Ogi and other cereals should be from six months oh! I believe most mums would do just milk till about then.

Does this mean you'll be having some pap/ogi/akamu as part of your dinner today? wink

And pee all night? grin grin

Mbanu, I'll pass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (2516) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.