Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399629 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
OloriAbdulatif:

Please stop d milk and watch if there is any difference.
Alright. Thanks a lot.I'd appreciate.Godbless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 2:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
Newmum15:
Lool...I can imagine,my son is 6 months old and he's super active.I downloaded nursery rhymes for him on YouTube and he loves.I just put him in a rocker and I get to do some things.You can try it too.

he has passed the stage of his rocker..and he doesnt want to stay in his walker anymore. all he want is for us to play hide nd seek, run round the couch, hold him so he can walk beside me, and hold his hands to where he wants to go..
imagine..he will crawl to me, drag my hands nd pull me so I can take him to the next couch..all because he wants to take something.. he will pick up the stuff and we will go back to whr we came frm before I am free..
aim: I want to walk there not crawl.. chei! I have suffered. .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2016
Gr8fulHeart:
Newmum15, vitA is oral, ul b given to go mix it wit warm water and gv ur child to drink. I'm sure ul b given proper prescriptn @ d clinic.
Hajarahbadmus, we dey same boat. My 15months baby is super active. Inshort anytym we gt back home frm work and creche, I go talk tire til she slips by 10am. For d videos, it won't work for her cos 5mins after watchin tv, she go waka comot begin scater bag plates just anytin.
sm1 sugested block building toys and balls, bt I'm afraid if that won't make her more hyperactive.
I tot of buying bicycle for her. Mamas is dat ok 4her age? I yaff tire o.
Hajarah I evn went to buy dt plaster to stop finger sucking u talkd abt xdy, iro, e no work. She use her full teeths pull off evrything, DH kept laffing @ us.
Opinions oh, mamas opinions biko

it is well..may God bless them for us..I got the building boocks for my lo.. na me dey pick am as I c am for ground. he has scattered everything. and the worst thing is he must not c me clearing them..
my frnd bought a nice car like bicycle for her baby.. I dnt know if she has started using it sha..
as for the plaster, dnt stop. na she go tire if u dnt relent. she no fit get strong head pass u na. she will just cry nd scream.. so u can b like me nd just ignore. .
dh says I am mean.. well I dnt want a baby with scattered nd deformed teeth, he will thankk me later..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2016
tatacherie:

Thanks for d welcome Ma'am.d tips have relieved me after shedding off d cracked skin.BM is gradually flowing well too smiley
Now since last Thursday I gave birth I've almost finished a tin of milk about 440gram. Baby doesn't sleep at night.criess and cries.stomach makes noises,she farts every now and then.cud it b d milk I'm taking or the NAN she's taking?

I will suggest u stop taking milk for now.. it causes gassiness in babies as they cant digest cow milk well now so it goes straight to their stomach hence the stomach discomfort, tummy noise nd all..
dnt take the milk for sometime nd observe. .
God bless u

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2016
Beryl15:

Pele, I can imagine what you're going through.
You can get kids videos for him not just nursery rhymes I usually download them from YouTube
How about getting him a coloring book and some crayons, but the only problem be say your walls go hear am grin Plus he might even use it to colour his body too. I remember one time our last born wrote Letter A on the walls of the whole sitting room grin long story short, we had to repaint.
Others mamas go add cos the other ideas coming to my head will still require you to be actively involved.

i have a 16 month dat acts exactly like this. I've bin trying to download from youtube its not working. pls any oda site
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
sayoberry:

Rice half bag- 5k aprx
Pepper-2k
Pali toki-8k or substitute with meat. Or u can kill ogunfe-15k
Thyme, curry etc-3k
I don't know how much they sell take away pack and spoon

Sof dlinks- 3crates 3300
Malt pali kan- 2400
Wine meji- 1200 (veleta)
Straw 2packs- 80 naira

Cake-

Gift items for the kids.
Party bag (that small nylon) 120 for a pack of 10
*scratches head *
Gift items vary. But where I buy from, I get dozen of toys for 500-600 or 1000-1200 depending ding on the size. U can add pencils, ruler etc and bobo-900 per pack

I try? I not in ado sha. Sorry

Whao. thanks a lot. you have given me ideas plus more stuffs to add to my list that I overlooked
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
hajarahbadmus:

I will suggest u stop taking milk for now.. it causes gassiness in babies as they cant digest cow milk well now so it goes straight to their stomach hence the stomach discomfort, tummy noise nd all..
dnt take the milk for sometime nd observe. .
God bless u
Thanks a lot Ma'am.I will observe n see how it goes.Godbless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
tatacherie:

Thanks for d welcome Ma'am.d tips have relieved me after shedding off d cracked skin.BM is gradually flowing well too smiley
Now since last Thursday I gave birth I've almost finished a tin of milk about 440gram. Baby doesn't sleep at night.criess and cries.stomach makes noises,she farts every now and then.cud it b d milk I'm taking or the NAN she's taking?
Congratulations mama, pls what I did when I noticed my baby was having discomfort is to stop taking milk and okro and it really worked. Always ensure she beech after taking Nan even breast milk and i rub d baby's tommy, try placing her stomach on ur lap while u sit.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
@hajarahbadmus,

Tot I'm the only one suffering from this. My baby doesn't rest, if we are at home, he plays from morning to night.
He brings out all the pots and bowls from the cupboard and takes them to the living room, he climbs on my stove, he removes the ring and starts hitting it against the stove, kbog kgob, you will think carpenter is in my house. Infact, he has spoilt the stove. [the stove is outside now]

In the room, he brings out all the things in the wardrobe where his hand can reach. [we didn't meet keys when we moved in, so we can't lock it] He pushes his drawer from one end to another. He carries mop from one toilet to another.

I don't like staying in the living room, my base is usually on the bed and so I don't play any children stuff for him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2016
mumsgirl27:

Congratulations mama, pls what I did when I noticed my baby was having discomfort is to stop taking milk and okro and it really worked. Always ensure she beech after taking Nan even breast milk and i rub d baby's tommy, try placing her stomach on ur lap while u sit.
Thanks Ma'am.I appreciate ur input. Godbless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2016
pwettytemmy:
abeg Sabi mamas. help me touch light this matter. My son is always feeling restless at night that he will want to put anything in his mouth to rub his gum. he also started pooing this greenish poo since last week like 3 to 4 times daily, we went to the clinic and we were given zinc, Ors and antibiotics. Other Sabi mamas when did ur LO starts teething cos he's just five month old. how soon did you see your period after delivery cos I saw mine dis morning plus DS is five month five days.
cc other August 2015 mamas.

August Mama...my baby girl is 5months today and she is also passing through all u listed apart from the restless night, we were at the hospital yesterday night and were giving the same drugs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2016
rezzy:
@hajarahbadmus,

Tot I'm the only one suffering from this. My baby doesn't rest, if we are at home, he plays from morning to night.
He brings out all the pots and bowls from the cupboard and takes them to the living room, he climbs on my stove, he removes the ring and starts hitting it against the stove, kbog kgob, you will think carpenter is in my house. Infact, he has spoilt the stove. [the stove is outside now]

In the room, he brings out all the things in the wardrobe where his hand can reach. [we didn't meet keys when we moved in, so we can't lock it] He pushes his drawer from one end to another. He carries mop from one toilet to another.

I don't like staying in the living room, my base is usually on the bed and so I don't play any children stuff for him.

I cant help but laff..mi am laffing so hard that my baby started laffing too.. God help us..
but they r fun to b with.. ain't they?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
Stay at home mamas around igando to agbara axis.. can we hook up.. probably organise play dates, plan visits and all..
aim: the kids can get to mix and play together thereby enhancing their social skills..
For the mums.. we can meet to share ideas and build up ourselves intellectually nd socially too..
I no dey commot o! I dnt have frnds. my life can like to b boring ehen! sometimes I will just stay nd start crying cos small small depression dey set in sometimes..
my belle no fit gree me work.. just finished my masters.. hubby said I shld rest..
what do u guys think?
if u know u have self esteem issues dnt bother thinking about it o! cos I cant deal..
I am a free person with an open mind so I need like minds..

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mumsgirl27(f): 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
Good afternoon mamas.

My baby girl is 5month today and she is weighing 8.5, pls is she over weight.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
@hajarahbadmus.am experiencing the same with you,my 11months old boy is superactive too and am a stay at home mum,i cant do anything well when he is awake he must stay with me. If i put him in his walker and even his cot he will come out from there by himself sometimes i wonder where he gets the strenght from. I have decided and told Dh that am taking him to creche when he is one,he should be with his playgroup so that he can exhibit his talents there lol. I use to be tired everyday and he wakes up like 3times in the night o. To be a stayhome mum with an active baby isnt easy at all,i must cook with him,wash,bath,sweep and play with him or else he will desperately find a way to come to wherever i am. He already has the mentality that we both must be together always. These are a few not to talk of other painful wahala i pass through with him at home.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2016
mydreams25:
@hajarahbadmus.am experiencing the same with you,my 11months old boy is superactive too and am a stay at home mum,i cant do anything well when he is awake he must stay with me. If i put him in his walker and even his cot he will come out from there by himself sometimes i wonder where he gets the strenght from. I have decided and told Dh that am taking him to creche when he is one,he should be with his playgroup so that he can exhibit his talents there lol. I use to be tired everyday and he wakes up like 3times in the night o. To be a stayhome mum with an active baby isnt easy at all,i must cook with him,wash,bath,sweep and play with him or else he will desperately find a way to come to wherever i am. He already has the mentality that we both must be together always. These are a few not to talk of other painful wahala i pass through with him at home.

it is well.. May God crown our efforts.. its only normal he has d mentality tht u guys hv to b together all the time cos its u he knows..its u he sees all the time.. u attend to all his needs.. he commumicates with u and u understand..
but u have u learn how to manage urself o! do house chores when u can.. I wash clothes and clean whn he is asleep.. I cook everything he will eat for the day in d morning. so I just reheat whn its meal time..sometimes I clean as early as 5am o!
we make dinner together or I back him if I dnt want noise..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
hajarahbadmus:
Stay at home mamas around igando to agbara axis.. can we hook up.. probably organise play dates, plan visits and all..
aim: the kids can get to mix and play together thereby enhancing their social skills..
For the mums.. we can meet to share ideas and build up ourselves intellectually nd socially too..
I no dey commot o! I dnt have frnds. my life can like to b boring ehen! sometimes I will just stay nd start crying cos small small depression dey set in sometimes..
my belle no fit gree me work.. just finished my masters.. hubby said I shld rest..
what do u guys think?
if u know u have self esteem issues dnt bother thinking about it o! cos I cant deal..
I am a free person with an open mind so I need like minds..
Chai I so relate, no b small thing,they do meetups like dis abroad. D funniest part is my hubby doesn't understand y am bored, lool...wish I stay around dere ....Goodluck
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
it is well.. May God crown our efforts..[/quote]
How i wished we live in the same area,i will gladly come with my boy,i dont go out too,i just stay home all day and am not comfortable with it at all. Women are realy trying. I have a wel paid job before but i had to resign due to terrible morning sickness during pregnancy and pressure from Dh, now am the one facing it alone. I feel depressed too when alone with no light all day but am taking each day as it comes hoping for a brighter tomorow.
If am annoyed, i use to tell dh that God forbid if we divorce,am going to take my son along with me to anywhere cos i forfit my career and profession just to take care of him, he will just smile.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2016
hajarahbadmus:

it is well.. May God crown our efforts.. its only normal he has d mentality tht u guys hv to b together all the time cos its u he knows..its u he sees all the time.. u attend to all his needs.. he commumicates with u and u understand..
but u have u learn how to manage urself o! do house chores when u can.. I wash clothes and clean whn he is asleep.. I cook everything he will eat for the day in d morning. so I just reheat whn its meal time..sometimes I clean as early as 5am o!
Hmmm,i cant do anything when my son is asleep o,he wakes at any little sound even to walk i have to tiptoe.my phone must be in silence,i just sit and look when he is sleeping or else he wakes up.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2016
hajarahbadmus:

Hmmm,i cant do anything when my son is asleep o,he wakes at any little sound even to walk i have to tiptoe. My phone must be in silence i must not pick call,my people already knows when they call and i didnt pick they know he is sleeping, i just sit and look when he is sleeping or else he wakes up. Your own better o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2016
mydreams25:

it is well.. May God crown our efforts..
How i wished we live in the same area,i will gladly come with my boy,i dont go out too,i just stay home all day and am not comfortable with it at all. Women are realy trying. I have a wel paid job before but i had to resign due to terrible morning sickness during pregnancy and pressure from Dh, now am the one facing it alone. I feel depressed too when alone with no light all day but am taking each day as it comes hoping for a brighter tomorow.
If am annoyed, i use to tell dh that God forbid if we divorce,am going to take my son along with me to anywhere cos i forfit my career and profession just to take care of him, he will just smile.
Please dear,don't think about divorce o, let it b far from mind, it's d child dt will b at d receiving end, just try to do things dt makes u happy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
mydreams25:

Hmmm,i cant do anything when my son is asleep o,he wakes at any little sound even to walk i have to tiptoe.my phone must be in silence,i just sit and look when he is sleeping or else he wakes up. your own better o.

he sleeps on his bed in d room.. so I close the door nd make sure the room is well ventilated. I got a rechargeable fan cos of heat..or he sleeps with only diapers. I dnt clean d room whn he is sleeping cos he is also a light sleeper nd I dnt sleep beside him. I also keep everywhere quiet.. i keep a toy incasen he awakes up, I dnt answer him until I am done with wht I am doing..
u can try it
one cant b an helicopter mum all d time..helicopter sef dey pack up not to tlk to human beings. . besides these kids can like to try someone with different things jo. so if u gv in, to change bk will b difficult. so wht I knw I wont b able to cope with I dnt accept it for long b4 I change it

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmum15: 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
hajarahbadmus:

he has passed the stage of his rocker..and he doesnt want to stay in his walker anymore. all he want is for us to play hide nd seek, run round the couch, hold him so he can walk beside me, and hold his hands to where he wants to go..
imagine..he will crawl to me, drag my hands nd pull me so I can take him to the next couch..all because he wants to take something.. he will pick up the stuff and we will go back to whr we came frm before I am free..
aim: I want to walk there not crawl.. chei! I have suffered. .
Lool....Like my mum would say,Je ka dupe wipe Olorun o fun e ni omo arindin.Anytime she says that when I'm complaining,I just pim my mouth.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 5:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
mydreams25:

divorce? e nva reach o! just mk dh get involved with him to..
try to mk urself happy nd discuss whteva challenges u r having with dh..
in my religion, if the mother call d child he shld answer 3ce nd and answer d father 1ce..

thats how much regards is given to d mother..
may we live to reap d fruits of our labour..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 5:23pm On Jan 19, 2016
OloriAbdulatif:

Please dear,don't think about divorce o, let it b far from mind, it's d child dt will b at d receiving end, just try to do things dt makes u happy.
Am not thinking of divorce at all.am just trying to picture those suffering from it and the husband takes the child after all the sacrifices the wife has put to take care of the home and the children. you know sometimes you have to think of your co women that are suffering.
I dont have any reason to divorce dear.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 5:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
hajarahbadmus:

divorce? e nva reach o! just mk dh get involved with him to..
try to mk urself happy nd discuss whteva challenges u r having with dh..
in my religion, if the mother call d child he shld answer 3ce nd and answer d father 1ce..

thats how much regards is given to d mother..
may we live to reap d fruits of our labour..
Thanks am not divorcing,i dont have any reason to,i just use to remember and pity women who are sufering and get divorced and lose all at the end of everythng.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydreams25: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
Thanks hajarabadmus,i will get the rechargeable fan it will help,the door to our room makes noice when opening and closing it so i cant even close when he is sleeping but your advice sure helps.
My dh already knows me o,he knows i fight for women i told him if i have money i will open an ofice to help women that are helpless esp.due to family issues,he just laugh at me. To think of it,am always tired yet i will still do same thing everyday.Dh do have time to rest when he is tired but me no way,i will just talk,talk and talk at the end wil stil do house chores.Yesterday i had this terrible menstal pain,i complained and i stil had to bath,feed and back my baby to sleep. So family women are trying and if there should be any divorce,i think the woman should have her kids if she wants. One thing i just noticed is that when a lady marries and start havinig children you get strenght from no where to do many things at the same time,i cant believe i have energy like this to combine home keep,child keep,husband keep at the same time. let me stop my rants abeg.
Will always say GOD BLESS ALL CARING MOTHERS.

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2016
Good evening mama's, pls I want to know if it's okay for me to bath lo this evening cos he was given PENTA2 in the morning. The last time he was given PENTA1 at 6 weeks I was told not to bath him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 6:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
Eminya:
Good evening mama's, pls I want to know if it's okay for me to bath lo this evening cos he was given PENTA2 in the morning. The last time he was given PENTA1 at 6 weeks I was told not to bath him.
Very OK. I wonder y u were asked not to bathe him after penta1. Bathing no dey do anything to vaccine. Just don't rub d site.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
Eminya:
Also help me touch light this matter, is a 2 years 3 months old baby weighing 41kg ok? The baby is hiv positive and on drugs too. I told the mum it's not ok but she said her Dr didn't complain when he saw the weight
That's childhood obesity. No b everything d woman go tell u na. I m sure she too s worried abt his wt.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tchiwinnie: 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2016
@hajarahbadmus, u can get educative toys at delightful toyshop at illupeju. They also deliver to wherever u are. How old s ur baby? U can get stacking toy for him, puzzles, building blocks. For d building blocks, don't bring all out at d same time, bring out like 5-8pcs. Then show him wot to do wt it. As tender as he is, don't let him always have his way. Gv him paper and pencil to scribble.etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.