Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4402262 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2016
tatacherie:
Mehn can't believe in having leaks with Almighty molfix.didnt absorb well too gosh angry

shocked shocked shocked shocked. And just yesterday I bought giga economy pack size 2 and 3 for my babies.

As at last year, It was okay ooo. Abi dollars increase dey disturb them?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 08, 2016
favoredgal, pls is hernia a bulging belly button? My baby's belly button is like a balloon (not the size) filled with air whenever she strains.
And does it resolve with time?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2016
meenagiggs:
favoredgal, pls is hernia a bulging belly button? My baby's belly button is like a balloon (not the size) filled with air whenever she strains.
And does it resolve with time?

Yes and yes

You can google it to read up more
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MGeey(f): 10:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
babythug:

Getting.confused with all these diaper issues! No one had mentioned pampers so far sha angry

What size of huggies did you buy and how old is your baby? I used it for my boys and didn't have any issues at all! But then times have changed

We've been using pampers premium care since when we were 3months old, we're 9months now, no issues at all.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by igb400: 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2016
MGeey:

We've been using pampers premium care since when we were 3months old, we're 9months now, no issues at all.

Pampers premium is really good. Been Using it for months now.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 10:51pm On Mar 08, 2016
I tried pampers premium and Mamamia..while they were ok, they don't serve overnight

So Iv stuck with Huggies (American Huggies) for my two children and its 100 percent

No leaks no rash. Perfect (for me)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mitzilifestyle: 11:48pm On Mar 08, 2016
Maybe sensitive skin cos my baby has too. You will spend money o. Buy sebamed products. Lotion and soap. You'll see difference within days
babythug:

Please put up a picture. Someone might have experience with it and be able to help you.

If its just dry skin a good moisturizer should help. Shea butter and coconut oil are good for dry skin too. Johnsons I feel moisturises well too. Plus sebamed.

What soap do you use to bathe him? Try dove or sebamed body wash.

But these will work only if its a case of dry skin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mitzilifestyle: 11:56pm On Mar 08, 2016
Also use organic Shea butter (ori) and coconut oil. Both are wonderful moistutizers and non allergenic if pure. I sell virgin coconut oil. Contact me, delivery can be arranged
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 8:09am On Mar 09, 2016
Good morning mamas, pls how do you cope with a crying baby when driving especially in a traffic jam.
Cc: zaynie, modath, ozycy and other sabi mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 8:37am On Mar 09, 2016
soonest:
Good morning mamas, pls how do you cope with a crying baby when driving especially in a traffic jam.
Cc: zayni, modat ozycy and other sabi mamas
Chai, I ve been in your shoes a hundred and one tym. cry
No straight remedy to it, but what I do is especially when the journey is a bit far, feed her very very well just before you Hit the road, by so doing, she will sleep off as you start driving. Babies tend to sleep off when on the move.
I don see something with this children.
I remember feeding on the steering when the traffic jam well well, as in the thing no dey move, I rmber stretching hand from drivers seat to put bottle or pacifier in baby's mouth, parking by the side of d road to feed, singing, putting music, wining down for fresh air lol if the cry don too much and wants to block my ear. Lol
I know I haven't been able to help out much lol, I just dey narrate my own experience.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 8:54am On Mar 09, 2016
soonest:
Cc: zayni.e, modat.h, ozy.cy and other sabi mamas

Nothing ooo,what if traffic starts moving? just press ignore button till you find a convenient place to park & then attend to baby, few minutes of cry cry nor fit injure am..Ozycy's experiences mirror mine, children ehn! They will try your patience & mental stability....

We are lucky that Abuja's traffic situation is child's play though..

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:32am On Mar 09, 2016
soonest:
Cc: zaynie, modath, ozycy and other sabi mamas

You park well o.
If we are alone around in my neighbourhood, I place her car seat at the front, its rear facing.
We are looking at each other, tickling and talking gibberish in hold up and playing with toy, wetin go make us cry na.

I actually used to put her at the back buh the day Madam tear for me, I almost had askident while trying to pacify her.
If we are going far and I have company, she stays at the back with the person.

Note: my car has no airbags installed.
(If your car still has airbags, deactivate it.)

Modified:
If you intend to put the carseat at the front, please deactivate the airbag cos it can cause more harm than good to the child.
No follow the bracketed sentence if u arent putting car seat at the front seat o.

Mo, I keep forgetting the disclaimer lipsrsealed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 9:56am On Mar 09, 2016
soonest:
Cc: zayne, modat, ozycy and other sabi mamas
Also if your car seat is rear facing, you may need to buy a car seat mirror so you can be viewing ur baby as she's shouting and just to be sure she's not choking on something, then press your ignore button. Cos most times when the cry is too much, you may be scared something may actually be wrong with the baby and will tend to stop and attend to her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by modath(f): 10:03am On Mar 09, 2016
zaynie:

You park well o.
If we are alone around in my neighbourhood, I place her car seat at the front, its rear facing.
We are looking at each other, tickling and talking gibberish in hold up and playing with toy, wetin go make us cry na.

I actually used to put her at the back buh the day Madam tear for me, I almost had askident while trying to pacify her.
If we are going far and I have company, she stays at the back with the person.

Note: my car has no airbags installed.
If your car still has airbags, deactivate it.

shocked shocked shocked ... why? Safety nko?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:19am On Mar 09, 2016
modath:

shocked shocked shocked ... why? Safety nko?

what I meant was deactivate airbag if u intend put the carseat @ passenger side cos.
You can reactivate later.

My car is a VERY OLD model so no airbag.

Also my work, home, mother's house, son's school, entertainment centre, sports centre, religious centre, close friends are all in the same neighbourhood. So we hardly ever venture out of the LGA.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 11:20am On Mar 09, 2016
Thanks mamas modath, ozycy and zaynie. No be small thing o. As much as I try to ignore, d cry can be rattling to one's senses. I don't remember my other children crying this much in the car. I will look for the car seat mirror so that I don't have accident where i'm unconsciously looking back. God bless

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oselin: 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
Gud afternoon mamas in the house. Pls mamas Wat can I use to clean the mouth of a one week old baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
OloriAbdulatif:

Please do u have an idea where I can get around ogba

You will find at Poise shop in Ikeja shopping mall, and D' Prince supermarket Isheri though i havent bought from them so cant say if its original. I bought once from a shop in surulere and discovered it was fake, i just dumped it at home and sent my younger bro to buy from Uyo. Thats where i get mine.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabola1(f): 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2016
Good day mums in d aus, please help a FTM, my two months old baby is still spitting up fromthe nose and mouth. I ve tried a lot of suggestions but none seems to work. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
oselin:
Gud afternoon mamas in the house. Pls mamas Wat can I use to clean the mouth of a one week old baby.

Do not clean with anything! The mouth has natural flora that automatically keeps it fresh. One week old baby is still very new na, what will be there to clean..lol

Better still, if you must clean, wait till baby is lot older and use water and baby's washcloth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
rabola1:
Good day mums in d aus, please help a FTM, my two months old baby is still spitting up fromthe nose and mouth. I ve tried a lot of suggestions but none seems to work. Thanks

How do you mean "spitting from the nose" ? stop whatever you are doing and wait it out to see if there will be any improvement. If not, see a paediatrician
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 3:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
tatacherie:
Mehn can't believe in having leaks with Almighty molfix.didnt absorb well too gosh angry

Sorry dear.But I've been using molfix 4 2months plus now without ish.I'm currently using witlux abi wiflux n I'm loving it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
oselin:
you don't nid to clean a baby's mouth @ dis stage na. Pls leave baby alone jare.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
tatacherie:
Kpele! I use pampers n pampers premium for my lo n its prefecto. When I tried molfix it leaked.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oselin: 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2016
nggie:
you don't nid to clean a baby's mouth @ dis stage na. Pls leave baby alone jare.

Kk mama, Tanx alot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
igb400:
Hello mothers, my 2 months DD has been on aptamil n breast milk from birth. Now for like a week now, she has been rejecting d aptamil. She wants just breast milk and me I can't do exclusive oh. Pls has anyone experienced dis? Do u think I should change her milk? Thanks

I experienced it wit my ds.I gave him C&G wen he was 6months n he took 2 tins very well, I was happy n went 2 buy a full carton, only 4 my baby 2 reject it till date.He's currently taking SMA GOLD. I pray he finds it good and eats well. Maybe u should change her milk n see how it goes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
Please mamas, where can I get original baby food in carton.
The rate at which Atinuke 'swallows' baby milk is alarming.....boobs are trying o cry
I am afraid of some main markets cos of fake and the stores around us are unnecessarily costly angry.

Lagos, Mainland to be precise.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
Oni omo mavor?please administer continously,3* daily and kindly follow ma'am soonest advice/suggestion.
tatacherie:

Thanks a lot Ma'am.I've dat.but 4 how long do u administer it

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 6:54am On Mar 10, 2016
ahnie:
Oni omo mavor?please administer continously,3* daily and kindly follow ma'am soonest advice/suggestion.
OK.workob'iruo Ma.howz my baby's namesake dooing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sheweezy(f): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2016
zaynie:
Please mamas, where can I get original baby food in carton.
The rate at which Atinuke 'swallows' baby milk is alarming.....boobs are trying o cry
I am afraid of some main markets cos of fake and the stores around us are unnecessarily costly angry.

Lagos, Mainland to be precise.
Please i am also interested. My baby gulps a tin of food in 2 days. Please where can i get carton of original frisogold. My other teammates please any luck with your babies on adult food and other sabi mammas. My lil man is 9 months.
Cc: olaoyekemi, rashme, nggie, everybody sha angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nggie(f): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2016
sheweezy:

Please i am also interested. My baby gulps a tin of food in 2 days. Please where can i get carton of original frisogold. My other teammates please any luck with your babies on adult food and other sabi mammas. My lil man is 9 months.
Cc: olaoyekemi, rashme, nggie, everybody sha angry
my little man still takes frisogold n BM, he gulps one tin in less than four days. I buy like three to four tins so it can take us up to two weeks, do not know where I can get it in carton here cause of fake ones.
As per adult food na fight o, just taking it one step at a time, but he tends to collect EBA n soup more when I give him. Kisses to ur lo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabola1(f): 12:10pm On Mar 10, 2016
feddy27:

How do you mean "spitting from the nose" ? stop whatever you are doing and wait it out to see if there will be any improvement. If not, see a paediatrician
he regurgitates breast milk from both his mouth and nose

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.