Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401933 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 7:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Mamas in the house please I need your advice. My twins would be 4mths in a week. The girl started sucking her thumbs 3days before they clocked 3 months. Since her discovery,her appetite for food has dwindled. Was forced to start covering both hands with mittens. Funny thing is that she doesn't even cry for food. Try giving it and she just smiles with the teat in her mouth. She always succeeds in pushing out any drop that manages to get to her throat.

I'm actually more concerned about the feeding than the sucking. I lost part of my thumb as a baby in the course of several attempts to stop me from sucking so i'm really reluctant to subject her to any form of discomfort.

Any tips to help with the feeding? She used eat more than her brother but is more interested in only playing,sleeping and laughing now. Hardly cries too. The only time I manage to get her to eat little is if I attempt to feed her when she's not fully conscious. Once she's fully awake and realises she's eating, that's the end. I also feel guilty having to disturb her sleep to feed her. I don't know how to force-feed a child and I don't even subscribe to it. Too risky IMO.

Another thing, she's been burping a lot lately. Too much IMO and most times with spit up. She can burp up to 7times within 2 hrs with spit up after managing to drink just 30 or 40mls. Wetin come remain for belle? sad She used to take 120mls at a sitting and burp just once after each feed.

One more thing,there's this brownish,dry scaly development on their skin. Looks to me like they're both reacting to something but i'm not sure what.Neither their diet nor skin products changed in the last 2 months. So sorry for the epistle my matter plenty.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4tunebest(f): 7:28am On Mar 13, 2016
Layolaw:
I want you mamas to discuss this issue of female circumcision, although 've heard and read a lot on female genital mutilation but am raising this for a friend, she called me that her 3 years old girl used to put hand in her vaginal and say its scratching her but she 'll only touch there & says it 'll not scratch you again but recently the mother-in-law visited and told her that its becuase she was nt b circumcise and that they can still do it, but she refuse, please mamas what do you have to say on dis? Thanks

Someone has started tampering with the little girl's V-jayjay. I wonder how circumcision would solve that.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:37am On Mar 13, 2016
Layolaw:
I want you mamas to discuss this issue of female circumcision, although 've heard and read a lot on female genital mutilation but am raising this for a friend, she called me that her 3 years old girl used to put hand in her vaginal and say its scratching her but she 'll only touch there & says it 'll not scratch you again but recently the mother-in-law visited and told her that its becuase she was nt b circumcise and that they can still do it, but she refuse, please mamas what do you have to say on dis? Thanks

Female Genital Mutilation does nothing and causes a lot of problems: either emotional or worse physical due to infections. If it scratching her, please take her to a doctor and ask to check her, she may have an infection due to Candida (not sure o!) Or whatever is going on, he doctor will check.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 8:51am On Mar 13, 2016
tatacherie:
I can't believe this..period coming at this time angry8 weeks post Natal only.even with the exclusive bfeeding Chai cry

Welcome 2 my world, 8 n 6 wks after deliveries. Iv accepted my fate. Myb d next ll b 4wks. Funny enough I don't use ny FP n I don't take in till after I stop breastfeeding.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 8:55am On Mar 13, 2016
Layolaw:

Pls let her take d child 2 d doctor 4 examination n treatment. Circumsition is not n never a remedy 4 nytn. Does only harm n no good 2 d female gender.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 9:47am On Mar 13, 2016
oselin:
Gudm mamas, pls mamas my one week old baby has rash on his face and neck. D rash is like small blisters. Sabi mamas pls Wat can I apply on iti

My baby has it too, even on his head. I'm using coconut oil. It has cleared but not totally.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 13, 2016
Chinwendym. Thanks will try it
investigator007 I'm in Lagos

Please mothers, I still need your contribution on this issue

My daughter is 1 year 4months and I have been having problems with her eating habit.
Can someone please suggest to me what I can be feeding her.She exclusively breastfed and up till now she still breast feeds and has totally refused to take cereals, milk or anything. She only wants to be breast fed. nothing more. she takes bits of rice and amala with ewedu. no milk whatsoever.
How do I stop her from breastfeeding and for her to take milk and eat other solid food.
I need a guide.
Worried mum.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:13am On Mar 13, 2016
Layolaw:

It is possible the place isn't being well.washed when she bathes her. She should also start rinsing it after she pees and ensure her pants are really clean and changed during the day. After she's sure these basics have been covered, then we can move onto seeing Dr because of infection.
If the girl complained of pain then id have said consider the fact that someone may have attempted to finger her.

As for her mother in law she should better start being vigilant around the woman. before mama will grab the girl and circumcise her without the parents knowledge. The poor woman doesn't know better anyway. But in this 2016 FGM is an absolute no no. One can even face the wrath of the law because of it.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:19am On Mar 13, 2016
act86:

My daughter is 1 year 4months and I have been having problems with her eating habit.
Can someone please suggest to me what I can be feeding her.She exclusively breastfed and up till now she still breast feeds and has totally refused to take cereals, milk or anything. She only wants to be breast fed. nothing more. she takes bits of rice and amala with ewedu. no milk whatsoever.
How do I stop her from breastfeeding and for her to take milk and eat other solid food.
I need a guide.
Worried mum.

Weaning a child that old will require plenty patience and extra work. If she likes rice and amala give her. It's unlikely you can convince her to accept bottles of milk but you can offer her milo in a cup.

As per breastfeeding you'll just have to stop it. She will cry and be quite cranky but you all will bear it.

When the adults in the house are eating offer her whatever is served and don't make a fuss. Be content with whatever quantity she accepts. With time she will come.round.

Slow and steady wins this race.

Pack up your boobs abeg!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2016
4tunebest:

Someone has started tampering with the little girl's V-jayjay. I wonder how circumcision would solve that.

I doubt if its a case of tampering. She would experience pain even if Na just finger,dey tamper with the place). I suspect its not being well washed during bath time and rinsed after use of toilet. The baby maybe using the same.toilet as the household which of course may or may not be well cleaned.(not trying to be rude oh please). Also she may not be wearing cotton pants and the pants may not be changed during the day for eg.

I'm just thinking out loud anyway...

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hello people, please this rashes like stuff on my baby, i've applied healing cream to it but it's not going away. Pls who has experienced this before and any recommendations on what to use. Thanks

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 3:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
act86:

I need a guide.
Worried mum.

I cant give you a sure answer, buh a hint.

Read back like 10-20 pages, i am 100% sure that you will see like 10 different food options and how to prepare + how to wean + how to reduce discomfort to the breast when weaning + plenty things you might need. If perhaps you are confused about a certain post, then you may quote the post and chat with the poster.
This topic has been overflogged here, thats why some mamas will read and pass.
The further back you go, the more you learn. Its tasking buh at the end of the day, you get what you need.

Goodluck mama

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Keji3:
Hello people, please this rashes like stuff on my baby, i've applied healing cream to it but it's not going away. Pls who has experienced this before and any recommendations on what to use. Thanks

Is it the heat?
Or is she reacting to something?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 3:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
zaynie:

Is it the heat?
Or is she reacting to something?

I thought it was heat too but it looks bigger than heat rash to me and spreading more. She just finished antibiotics last week so I don't know if that's what she reacted too. I've not introduced anything new of recent. Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
Keji3:

I thought it was heat too but it looks bigger than heat rash to me and spreading more. She just finished antibiotics last week so I don't know if that's what she reacted too. I've not introduced anything new of recent. Thanks ma'am

Maybe its the antibiotics.
Try to take her to the clinic since its spreading.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 4:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
Keji3:

Any fever,cough or cold? So we rule out measles for a start. That cream seems to be making it wetter and we should be aiming for the rash to dry up. Abi since its at the back of her neck do we try dusting powder?

Though I know these days mums are advised not to use powder these days. Just keep the area as dry as possible
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Keji3: 5:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
zaynie:

Maybe its the antibiotics.
Try to take her to the clinic since its spreading.

Thanks i'll do dat.

babythug:

Any fever,cough or cold? So we rule out measles for a start. That cream seems to be making it wetter and we should be aiming for the rash to dry up. Abi since its at the back of her neck do we try dusting powder?
Though I know these days mums are advised not to use powder these days. Just keep the area as dry as possible

Thanks no fever and we just treated infections with antibiotics i'm scared to use powder cos of respiratory issues. Her hyperactivity makes it hard to keep her dry in this heat we bathe like 4 times in a day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Misen: 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
Good evening mummies,I have similac for sale(advance and sensitive ) directly from the us,just 7 pieces left at 7500 each,location Abuja,send me a message at misen014@gmail if you are interested,attached is a picture ,thank u and God bless.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by proudmom38(f): 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
tatacherie:
I can't believe this..period coming at this time angry8 weeks post Natal only.even with the exclusive bfeeding Chai cry

For real? Wow! I'm lucky den. My baby is 7months+ n no period....I pray it doesn't return anytime soon ooo.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ozycy: 8:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
tatacherie:
Chai, kpele.
I hope mine will come after one year or even 2 grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 10:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
tatacherie:
Lol!!! You are very lucky ooo. Mine was 6wks postnatal...initially thought it was still postpartum bleed but 30 days later...wham another one...so welcome to the club dear.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
ozycy:

Chai, kpele.
I hope mine will come after one year or even 2 grin

See your mouth, why u no kukuma ban am for life cheesy cheesy cheesy

It is always shocking that when it comes back, I am always shocked at how much the price of pad has risen. I will just be like " buh I thot it was like #150" and they will be like "since when?"
Lol!

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mrsbw: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2016
Hello mamas!! Yay i don port to this thread ooo, ..may God preserve our LOs for us.
Had my DD on 10th Mar. Mother and baby doing fine. Pls I'll appreciate all help I can get as a ftm; i'll be asking questions from time to time. Thanks

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 7:17am On Mar 14, 2016
Mrsbw congrats once more.welcome to motherhood n enjoy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 7:22am On Mar 14, 2016
MumZ:

Welcome 2 my world, 8 n 6 wks after deliveries. Iv accepted my fate. Myb d next ll b 4wks. Funny enough I don't use ny FP n I don't take in till after I stop breastfeeding.
I nor con understand again oo.it seems I spotted o for one day only.I didn't see it as a full blown period abi na like so e dey b at d start.I gave birth 2 months ago,cud it b d delivery own dats still coming out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sayoberry(f): 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
goldmine:
Mamas in the house please I need your advice. My twins would be 4mths in a week. The girl started sucking her thumbs 3days before they clocked 3 months.

Any tips to help with the feeding? She used eat more than her brother but is more interested in only playing,sleeping and laughing now. Hardly cries too. The only time I manage to get her to eat little is if I attempt to feed her when she's not fully conscious. Once she's fully awake and realises she's eating, that's the end. I also feel guilty having to disturb her sleep to feed her. I don't know how to force-feed a child and I don't even subscribe to it. Too risky IMO.

Another thing, she's been burping a lot lately. Too much IMO and most times with spit up. She can burp up to 7times within 2 hrs with spit up after managing to drink just 30 or 40mls. Wetin come remain for belle? sad She used to take 120mls at a sitting and burp just once after each feed.

One more thing,there's this brownish,dry scaly development on their skin. Looks to me like they're both reacting to something but i'm not sure what.Neither their diet nor skin products changed in the last 2 months. So sorry for the epistle my matter plenty.

When my bobo started to suck, I came here to complain too. I was given lots of ideas and it failed. but after sometime I began to enjoy my boy sucking cos most times, both of them will be crying at the same time, but once my boy finds his thumb, he keeps quiet while I quickly attend to his twin.

the brownish thing is also on my twins skin. I don't know what caused it. I used to say too much backing and tightening of the clothes. idk
I don't know about the burping.

I can't lie to you, when my son found his thumb, I used to force feed. so many mums are against it but I had no choice. I will not advice you too. but you can do as you please. it took him time to get used to spoon feeding too. but now that he's older, he eats well. ask mamas if they can teach you methods of feeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
Gudnuun mamas,pls is it advisable to break raweggs inside my 8months3weeks baby's pap?my neibor raised the suggestion,but ayam skeptical.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
ahnie:
Gudnuun mamas,pls is it advisable to break raweggs inside my 8months3weeks baby's pap?my neibor raised the suggestion,but ayam skeptical.
As in after making the pap? Or before? Either way id say Nooo!!! Risk of salmonella is very high! Why do you wanna do it? For Zino to gain weight or what?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2016
ahnie:

Raw eggs? A baby that age is supposed to only take well cooked egg yoke for now. I don't take every advise given, i sieve em and choose the pleasant ones. Even you may vomit while feeding LO that mixture.

I remember when my girl didnt poo for 2 weeks, then she was 2 months old. The woman that cleans my house suggested i boil water leaf and give her the water to drink - I told her ok, but i never did it cos it sounded absurd to me. Instead, i took dd to the hospital and the nurses laughed at me and called me JJC. They even refused booking us to see the pediatrician but i insisted, as the nurse carried my dd to check her weight - she pooed straight on the weighing machine. Come see me looking stupid but relieved!

Dont take every advise.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MiracleMum(f): 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
act86:

I need a guide.
Worried mum.

Try pap, custard, yoghurt, tea (milk and milo) then later you dip bread into the tea and feed her.

Make sure she's very hungry before you offer any of this. If you were feeding her every 3 hours, add an extra 30 mins then offer her any of this. I'm yet to see a baby that refuses yoghurt. But make sure you get a flavour she'd love.
The trick is to keep trying, cajole her, sing and even dance - she'd certainly accept.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
Weight issues oo,but she took after her father's kpanla(less chubby)nature...as in after makin the pap,breakin raw eggs insid the pap before adding milk.that it aids baby's weight,but me i'm skeptical,i hav googled it,and just read abt the not too favourable aftermath.
Chinwendym:
As in after making the pap? Or before? Either way id say Nooo!!! Risk of salmonella is very high! Why do you wanna do it? For Zino to gain weight or what?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
ahnie:
Weight issues oo,but she took after her father's kpanla(less chubby)nature...as in after makin the pap,breakin raw eggs insid the pap before adding milk.that it aids baby's weight,but me i'm skeptical,i hav googled it,and just read abt the not too favourable aftermath.
Abeg free the babe o! She will chop up when time reach. Or instead of raw eggs add enough Milo and milk to the pap.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.