Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4420577 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teeteelardey(f): 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
MumZ:

It's not lice o, it's cald cradle cap. Put a generous amt of baby oil on it den use comb 2 remove. Some mamas here also used nizoral (check spelling) shampoo 2 wash scalp.

Thank you very much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teeteelardey(f): 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
Liftedhands:
Lice on a new born? From where? Is someone around you with Lice? Did you see the creepy crawlers? Abeg I've never heard of newborn having Lice before o! shocked biko check properly to be sure or it might just be something else.

It's not lice...someone just said its cradle cap and the information I got shows that's what is wrong.. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
Tnx mamma
soonest:

They are not free in govt hospitals.

@mummide, the cord must be very thick. Pls keep it dry. By now it should be drying up little by little.
My MIL says she puts powder for more drying effect though I have never tried it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
Tnx mamma
Liftedhands:
Na so e be o! When my son took his it was 17500*3 then. Some states like Ekitti and Edo have hospitals that give it free of charge! (I thought of migrating to those areas then sef to get it cheesy grin)

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
Adeime, if you're in Lagos, cough out that Rotavirus money. I heard also Rivers and Anambra states give it for free. Lucky them.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
nancyij:
hello beautiful mums,i ve bn following this thread 4 a while,congrats on ur lo's.hope ur cuties are doin great?pls may i join you?am i welcome?
You are very welcome sis feel free to ask questions and we'll help as best as we can.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
Onegai:
Adeime, if you're in Lagos, cough out that Rotavirus money. I heard also Rivers and Anambra states give it for free. Lucky them.
No be small cough out! The cost pinch me each time I have to pay for it but it's a worthy price to pay for our babies well-being.

Even though many mums still feel it's not necessary me I no fit take that chance o.

Added benefit is my babys teething was hassle free just woke up each time to see white caps emerging with no fuss or illness.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
Liftedhands:
That one pass robot o.

Actually I noticed a series of alphanumeric monikers like this one on different threads i follow and its the same comment they all make. The ones I checked out where all created on the same day and have over 200 exact same comment on different threads.
I hope it's not some sort of virus
Cc seun
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
Tnx mama Onegai I really appreciate it go cough and sneeze am out by fire by force. God bless you all
Liftedhands:
No be small cough out! The cost pinch me each time I have to pay for it but it's a worthy price to pay for our babies well-being.

Even though many mums still feel it's not necessary me I no fit take that chance o.

Added benefit is my babys teething was hassle free just woke up each time to see white caps emerging with no fuss or illness.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
sugah:

Actually I noticed a series of alphanumeric monikers like this one on different threads i follow and its the same comment they all make. The ones I checked out where all created on the same day and have over 200 exact same comment on different threads.
Cc seun
I've noticed same too dunno if it's a new cult group as they seem to be many of them around on nairaland lately passing out sublime messages undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
nancyij:
hello beautiful mums,i ve bn following this thread 4 a while,congrats on ur lo's.hope ur cuties are doin great?pls may i join you?am i welcome?

Welcome, welcome.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
Liftedhands:

All that money for one injection and that child is there, screaming and being fussy all day long and clinging and wailing. And I have long short wooden eba mixing spoons in this house.. to beat her just is hungry-ing me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
Rofemiguwa and nazablossom, I became a ninja with night vision changing Baby E at night, so she wouldn't wake up. I hate to break it to you, but 4 months is the age of never sleeping all through the night again. Apparently they are too wired to sleep. Some lucky babies sleep for 5 hours after 2am. I think they are disturbed by sleeping so close to food. I dunno, hon. I'd suggest you take to drinking your sorrows away but you're breastfeeding. I'll drink for you.

As for the rash, Sudocrem working? Give it a few days and let's see. I was tols by my knowledgeable sister (The Guru) that sometimes rashes and bedwetting may be a sign the diaper is too tight and getting too full and you need to go one size up. Those were the times I saw rashes too. Have you tried the next size and Rofemiguwa, unsnap some buttons on your cloth diapers to increase the size.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
sugah:

Cc seun

It might be a hacker testing out something. It's physically impossible for someone to spam every thread and this monikers did.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 6:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
Mamas I'm just curious i just want to know why do parents barb their babies hair when they turn one
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Onegai:

All that money for one injection and that child is there, screaming and being fussy all day long and clinging and wailing. And I have long short wooden eba mixing spoons in this house.. to beat her just is hungry-ing me.
Abeg o! No beat our duchess cheesy haven't you heard that making a fuss is the new haute? Kikikikikikikikiki grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:49pm On Sep 15, 2016
Liftedhands:
Abeg o! No beat our duchess cheesy haven't you heard that making a fuss is the new haute? Kikikikikikikikiki grin grin

angry hot tears from big cane is the new mascara

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
Liftedhands:
I've noticed same too dunno if it's a new cult group as they seem to be many of them around on nairaland lately passing out sublime messages undecided
Lol @ cult group.
Onegai:

It might be a hacker testing out something. It's physically impossible for someone to spam every thread and this monikers did.
Yea, hacker testing a virus....maybe.

Iv unofficially welcomed myself to the thread grin
My DS has some sort of congested sinuses (i only hear it when he breathes). Iv been using vapor rub on his chest but it doesn't seem to be getting better. We have an appointment with his pead next week but I need a temp relief
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
Mummide:
@dexterush was ur babys cord dried b4 mum used d salt water? Or it was still wet?
Twas dry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Sneezing is just a sign that something is irritating her sinuses. You cant really medicate for that except it is caused by something like hayfever.
The culprit could easily be dust.
Get a saline nasal spray or drops and use for her
It helps to lubricate the nasal passage.

You could also use a damp cotton bud to clean the outter part of her nostrils (PLEASE DONT DIP IT IN HER NOSE OH) you can do this after her bath as water would have gotten in ther nostrils and it will be damp and easy to clean.

With any antibiotic... if the cough is mild and is not caused by a bacterial infection... it is not going to do anything.
Please dont medicate un-neccesarily with antibiotics. As you are likely to build up a resistance to it if you dont take the right does or complete it as instructed. If you get another infection.. the usual doses or meds may not work.

Keep giving her fluids to lubricate her throat and let her cough... it is the body's way of removing unwanted things.

If it is still persistent go see a peadiatrician, to listen to her chest and check her throat if they can.

And when she clocks 3 months you can get her calpol cough syrup for babies or you can try the palm oil remedy if you want to. Just dip your lilttle finger in it and let her suck it off.

Thanks swt for this detailed explanation. I for one dislike indiscriminate taking of antibiotics. I have placed her on vit c,more warm water and Menthol balm mixed with ori and she's better. God bless you for the help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
Onegai:

Pls where do they give it free in Rivers?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Onegai:

angry hot tears from big cane is the new mascara
Oh Lawd!!! LWKMD
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 8:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
@adeime, a mid wife who works at Epe General hospital told me pneumococcal is now given for free in Lagos state for children below 1, but I will ask next week @harvey road General hospital when I go for my son's immunization.

You can check at any general hospital close to you to confirm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mayluv(f): 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hello Mama's, kindly help a first time mum o. Recently when breastfeeding my baby, she sucks for some time then she starts struggling and behaves as if she's choking and starts crying. At this point I burp her and try feeding her again and the whole process repeats itself. It relieves her during night feeding and some times during the day. Has anyone experienced this and what could be the cause. Thanks
Cc: Onegai
ps: she is just 3 weeks old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nazablossom(f): 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
lol@ninja with night vision, i dey even bone am on top sef when he looks at me in the middle of the night,,when he see that i am not smiling he will face his sucking .
his diaper is a bit undersized,it will finish by tomorrow then i will get a large size, as for the sudo cream, i have looked around my area but couldn't find it.
thanks for the response.i
Onegai:
Rofemiguwa and nazablossom, I became a ninja with night vision changing Baby E at night, so she wouldn't wake up. I hate to break it to you, but 4 months is the age of never sleeping all through the night again. Apparently they are too wired to sleep. Some lucky babies sleep for 5 hours after 2am. I think they are disturbed by sleeping so close to food. I dunno, hon. I'd suggest you take to drinking your sorrows away but you're breastfeeding. I'll drink for you.

As for the rash, Sudocrem working? Give it a few days and let's see. I was tols by my knowledgeable sister (The Guru) that sometimes rashes and bedwetting may be a sign the diaper is too tight and getting too full and you need to go one size up. Those were the times I saw rashes too. Have you tried the next size and Rofemiguwa, unsnap some buttons on your cloth diapers to increase the size.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 9:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
Onegai:

Tanks ma'am
I still use disposable at night.shud i use cloth diapers instead. She is on midi now.5-9kg n she is about 7.1kg.
Is it okay

Nazablossom.our babies must have bin twins.my dd does same tin.looking for my face who will smile with her.sometimes i go jus close eyes form sleep.she go just dey look waiting for me to shake.after pretending.o jus give in n start cooing.vigil tinz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
dirt is coming out frm my baby's left ear he's 4weeks pls wot cud be d cos though its nt smelling
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
sugah:

Lol @ cult group.
Yea, hacker testing a virus....maybe.

Iv unofficially welcomed myself to the thread grin
My DS has some sort of congested sinuses (i only hear it when he breathes). Iv been using vapor rub on his chest but it doesn't seem to be getting better. We have an appointment with his pead next week but I need a temp relief
Welcome Mumi Ayomide, he will outgrow it. Kisses to him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
eolowu1:
dirt is coming out frm my baby's left ear he's 4weeks pls wot cud be d cos though its nt smelling
cc: soonest, babythug, onegai.

Pls, did anyone hear from fortius and helovesme? Hope they r fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
Liftedhands:
Skineal is harmful to babies skin. It contains steroids, corticosteroid creams damages the skin if used for long as a daily cream. It's usage shouldn't exceed a week in adults cos it begins to shed the skin off its natural protection thus making it light, thin and prone to infections. Prolonged use can result in damaging consequences when stopped as the body becomes addicted to it and starts to react negatively. The problem you are trying to solve by using it could become aggravated and more difficult to treat.
I won't advice using it on babies as their skin is very delicate but if you must please don't exceed 5 days at a stretch.

Cc jennykoko3009

Oh jeeess!! Pls mama what do u suggest of using for d ela, its increasing day by day. Pls oo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
Liftedhands:

Is there any link between the vaccine and teething?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by osas4g: 10:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
Adeime:
Hello mamas please confirm if rota virus and pneumococal vaccines are free in government hospitals as I spent about 18k for both during d 6 weeks immunisation and my ds is due for another one next month.

Yes, pneumocacal is free. I got it for my babie yesterday here in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (619) (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.