Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,355 members, 7,850,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4447093 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
comtem2011:
Welcome Mumi Ayomide, he will outgrow it. Kisses to him.
Thank you ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
pjthatcher:
hello mothers
sorry have been out of the group for so long. been busy getting pregnant with my second baby but unfortunately lost the pregnancy at 6 weeks no explainable cause.
please am seeing something about books and am interested can I be hooked up with mamas at Egbeda.
thanks all

So sorry about your loss. God'll surely replace it with glory.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nancyij(f): 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
Liftedhands:
You are very welcome sis feel free to ask questions and we'll help as best as we can.
thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nancyij(f): 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
Onegai:

Welcome, welcome.
tnk u ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldmine(f): 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
OnyxGem10:

shocked shocked shocked
If d bolded is true den my dd wld enter guiness bk of world record for worst stammerer cos l cant kip myself frm responding to dat smile evn if l try. Guess d future wld tell thou l still wnt bliv it wld jus tink she took afta her dad cos dh stammers thou only wen angry

The bolded really got me cracking. As in, how in d world can i hold back from smiling back?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:17am On Sep 16, 2016
comtem2011:
cc: soonest, babythug, onegai.

Pls, did anyone hear from fortius and helovesme? Hope they r fine.

Dirt or pus? I know you can clean the outer parts of the ear gently with cotton buds but if it's pus in the ear then you need medical assistance oh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:26am On Sep 16, 2016
Adeime:
Mamas I'm just curious i just want to know why do parents barb their babies hair when they turn one

I guess it's a personal choice really! Some parents cut before one year some never cut the child's hair except it's a boy...

There's no rule for or against it per se

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MetroTee: 4:00am On Sep 16, 2016
Jennykoko3009:

Oh jeeess!! Pls mama what do u suggest of using for d ela, its increasing day by day. Pls oo

My baby had it a few months ago. Just realised it was as if her hair was shaved on one side but we had been in contact with another baby that had it. Got advice here and it worked. Pls see if you can use the search button for details...

We bathed her with agbo for like 2 weeks or more, used baby tribotan on the affected site for about 5 days then continued with shea butter and coconut oil. Thankfully it stopped spreading and the hair is finally growing back. I was teased about attacking it with both orthodox and traditional medicine, not sure if it's necessarily that combination that worked. But the agbo seemed to do the trick
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OnyxGem10(f): 5:03am On Sep 16, 2016
Adeime:
Hello mamas please confirm if rota virus and pneumococal vaccines are free in government hospitals as I spent about 18k for both during d 6 weeks immunisation and my ds is due for another one next month.

Pneumococcal is nw free in govt hospitals here in lag we were so lucky cos twas d day we went for 6wks immunization it was introduced. Thou we had to pay to get d rotavirus in a private hospital buh we were told at d health center dat it wld soon b available for free as well hoping it wld b so by our nxt appointment

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 7:35am On Sep 16, 2016
mayluv:
Hello Mama's, kindly help a first time mum o. Recently when breastfeeding my baby, she sucks for some time then she starts struggling and behaves as if she's choking and starts crying. At this point I burp her and try feeding her again and the whole process repeats itself. It relieves her during night feeding and some times during the day. Has anyone experienced this and what could be the cause. Thanks
Cc: Onegai
ps: she is just 3 weeks old

Your milk let down is very powerful so it comes out too fast. Either this or she rushes the milk. Don't let her cry so much before you offer her breast. It will finally stop ok.

eolowu1:
dirt is coming out frm my baby's left ear he's 4weeks pls wot cud be d cos though its nt smelling

Clean it gently, don't go deep up. Make sure bath water doesn't enter her ears. If the discharge is heavy pls take her to d hospital.

Jennykoko3009:

Oh jeeess!! Pls mama what do u suggest of using for d ela, its increasing day by day. Pls oo

Use baby tribotan generously on the spot like 3 times daily for a week, if it doesn't go, u have to get it check out in d hosp.

Good morning mamas. TGIF

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumZ(f): 7:36am On Sep 16, 2016
OnyxGem10:

Pneumococcal is nw free in govt hospitals here in lag we were so lucky cos twas d day we went for 6wks immunization it was introduced. Thou we had to pay to get d rotavirus in a private hospital buh we were told at d health center dat it wld soon b available for free as well hoping it wld b so by our nxt appointment

Really, dats good news o. At least dis my lo ll njoy d package. I pray he benefit 4rm d free Rota also. Cldnt afford dem 4 my 2 los.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 8:00am On Sep 16, 2016
mayluv:
Hello Mama's, kindly help a first time mum o. Recently when breastfeeding my baby, she sucks for some time then she starts struggling and behaves as if she's choking and starts crying. At this point I burp her and try feeding her again and the whole process repeats itself. It relieves her during night feeding and some times during the day. Has anyone experienced this and what could be the cause. Thanks
Cc: Onegai
ps: she is just 3 weeks old

Maybe your milk flows very fast. Actually the struggling prompts more milk let down.

To slow down milk flow lie down and let her eat while facing downwards. That way she has to suck to eat rather than milk pouring into her mouth.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 8:14am On Sep 16, 2016
Adeime:
Mamas I'm just curious i just want to know why do parents barb their babies hair when they turn one

What I think/ practical reason: Most times a child's hair does not grow evenly especially when they're always lying on it. Around 6 months they start sitting more, crawling etc, but they don't cut the hair as it's still a source of insulation as per keeping cold out. Besides who wants to take a crawler to a salon? If the hair is not even you have to cut before it grows well.

Also you don't want to cut your girl's hair before one else you won't have enough hair to decorate with ribbon for her birthday. Very important!

What I heard/ traditional reason: If you dint shave off the baby hair the person's hair will never grow well. That even if it looks nice now patches will show themselves later or the hair will be weak or the hair will be cutting. All those kind of stories sha.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 8:42am On Sep 16, 2016
Tnx OnyxGem10
OnyxGem10:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2016
I'm glad Pneumoccocal is now free in Lagos. Someone I know went for the conference on vaccines in India and insisted we take it (Nigeria and India have the lowest rate of giving it). I'm beginning to suspect he had a hand in influencing the decision because he's a consultant who does a lot of International and Govt Funded research in Children and Disease. So when will they make Rotavirus free as well?

Crazily,some parents in the U.S. are increasingly saying they don't want their children vaccinated because they feel it is related to rising cases of Autism and other mental illnesses. Which has been unproven mostly. But doctors and government other there are now seeing rising cases of illnesses that have disappeared in the past and are insisting kids get vaccinated or no school for them. I knew a bunch of those moms and they used to be so horrified that I was willingly taking all the necessary vaccines and I had to tell them "come to Nigeria, people are paying thousands for the free offer you are rejecting".

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nancyij(f): 9:12am On Sep 16, 2016
Onegai:

Welcome, welcome.
tnks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:40am On Sep 16, 2016
Tojued:

Is there any link between the vaccine and teething?
Yes. Rotavirus Is anti-diarhea vaccine. Some babies purge a lot during teething and this prevent it.
Though I couldn't get it for my baby cos of financial constraints then, but to God be the glory, he is bringing out teeth without any hitch.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adeime: 9:43am On Sep 16, 2016
Amhappy How's your LO'S eyes now just checking.
Adeime:
I squeezed it into the clean small container and dropped it into his eyes while he was sleeping
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 9:49am On Sep 16, 2016
OnyxGem10:

Please which of the hospitals.is lasuth part of it.
I have paid 15k each for pnemococcal1 n 2.remaining 3.
And 10k each for rota 1 and 2.
I dont mine saving d last 15k abeg.
I stay around dopemu.anyodr closer hospital.pls recommend.
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 9:53am On Sep 16, 2016
Good Morning mamas in the house, trust we're coping fine

@fabmum,thanks for yesterday.It's nice meeting you. The books are all nice except that the kids are much interested in the singing book,come and see fight grin, But DD really loves the books

cc kidco

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:58am On Sep 16, 2016
Onegai:
I'm glad Pneumoccocal is now free in Lagos. Someone I know went for the conference on vaccines in India and insisted we take it (Nigeria and India have the lowest rate of giving it). I'm beginning to suspect he had a hand in influencing the decision because he's a consultant who does a lot of International and Govt Funded research in Children and Disease. So when will they make Rotavirus free as well?

Crazily,some parents in the U.S. are increasingly saying they don't want their children vaccinated because they feel it is related to rising cases of Autism and other mental illnesses. Which has been unproven mostly. But doctors and government other there are now seeing rising cases of illnesses that have disappeared in the past and are insisting kids get vaccinated or no school for them. I knew a bunch of those moms and they used to be so horrified that I was willingly taking all the necessary vaccines and I had to tell them "come to Nigeria, people are paying thousands for the free offer you are rejecting".
Now u have to produce your child's immunization certificate before been registered for school.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:07am On Sep 16, 2016
Jennykoko3009:

If you are sure it's ela go to those alagbo they will give you some to cook for his bathing. Otherwise just see a doctor for a better prescription.

Tojued:

Is there any link between the vaccine and teething?
None that has been documented but some mums I know who gave their lo the vaccine confirmed that their babies went thru teething without falling ill or fussing.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:13am On Sep 16, 2016
eolowu1:
dirt is coming out frm my baby's left ear he's 4weeks pls wot cud be d cos though its nt smelling
Do u lie down while breastfeeding or has he been down with flu lately?
If u hv been lying down breastfeeding, it can cause ear infection leading to pus coming out of the ear. I experienced this with my baby.
Cold also cause ear infection in babies, u can Google this for more clarification.

Feel free to mingle new mamas, God bless ur new bornssss!

Happy Friday to my beautiful and swaggalicious mamas.

What will I do to this little man that wakes up to suck every minute @nite and refusing to sleep back except on my tummy? Almost one year now, he is still disturbing my sleep and is even worse now than before.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nazablossom(f): 10:28am On Sep 16, 2016
lolz!! babies of nowadays dey get sense too much, just imagine. we thank God for their existence .
rofemiguwa:

Tanks ma'am
I still use disposable at night.shud i use cloth diapers instead. She is on midi now.5-9kg n she is about 7.1kg.
Is it okay

Nazablossom.our babies must have bin twins.my dd does same tin.looking for my face who will smile with her.sometimes i go jus close eyes form sleep.she go just dey look waiting for me to shake.after pretending.o jus give in n start cooing.vigil tinz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OnyxGem10(f): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2016
rofemiguwa:

I have paid 15k each for pnemococcal1 n 2.remaining 3.
And 10k each for rota 1 and 2.
I dont mine saving d last 15k abeg.
I stay around dopemu.anyodr closer hospital.pls recommend.
Thanks

Dnt knw if lasuth does buh l tink u shld confirm nd check any oda govt hospital around u den if dey dont I'll giv u d addy u can com an take here (Isheri) thou its far frm ur syd bt its still better dan coughing out according to onegai 15k. Buh l tink u shld ask arnd in ur area first
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OnyxGem10(f): 10:49am On Sep 16, 2016
Okota mamas we r complete nw l tink we shld agree on hw much to pay nd where to pickup so we can contact kidco for d bks.

cc dexterush

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 11:38am On Sep 16, 2016
nazablossom:
lolz!! babies of nowadays dey get sense too much, just imagine. we thank God for their existence .
Serious sense oh,imagine my first baby that is trying to suck,I av used mitten(I don't know how he removes it entirely or get his thumb out), I av tried bitter leaf( that one is like toppings on icecream ), I av tried aloevera(he won't just give up).so what I do now is spank his hand when I catch him sucking,but he still won't give up,when he want to suck he pulls a pillow close enuf to cover his hand and mouth. But the fight is not yet over,I will never allow him suck,when his mate will be listening in class he will be in another world sucking angryMBANU,NEVER we will fight to the finish.
Sorry for the rant,good morning mamas,TGIF even if I av no business TGIFing

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:39am On Sep 16, 2016
comtem2011:
Now u have to produce your child's immunization certificate before been registered for school.

Really? Didn't know that. Rofemiguwa, you can use disposable at night and cloth during the day, I do that but my friend cloth diapers at night too. Amhappy, I donr know the PH hospital but one mum mentioned it. It will most likely be a govt hospital so start from there. We took Rotavirus and didn't have stooling during teething but I don't know if there is a correlation. Rotavirus should be free because we are not getting clean, govt treated water.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 11:39am On Sep 16, 2016
Onegai please can you help us with kidco's number so we can place our orders

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:41am On Sep 16, 2016
dexterush:
Onegai please can you help us with kidco's number so we can place our orders

It's 09032730510

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by marionclaire: 11:50am On Sep 16, 2016
[quote author=rofemiguwa post=49405504]

You can check health centers close to you for the pneumococcal vaccine. A friend of mine got for her baby at health center free.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:54am On Sep 16, 2016
So mothers, recently I decided to try Pampers diapers and I had a horrendous experience. I checked online and I saw I was not the only one having the same issues. It is a very common issue. But no-one was doing anything about it and when I complained, it was Pampers International that was replying, Pampers Nigeria couldn't be bothered but made sure Instagram was flooded with pics of Tiwa Savage and her son (even when someone tweeted the issue at her, no response).

I spoke to a friend and she told me that we should band and do something. She always says that there are laws in Nigeria but nobody bothers to make anyone accountable so everyone breaks it.

Why should we be giving a company our money when they are producing poor substandard goods? Why are we paying for vaccines that affect us more (in the U.S. they pump treated water and give Rotavirus free, in Nigeria we don't get treated water and pay for Rotavirus. All vaccines are from government sold to private). We accept so much nonsense and just manage and adjust ourselves. And suffer for it and yet be complaining.

There's something known as a Class Action suit. A group of people can sue a company to change their regulations or products. In Nigeria, it has happened (I believe MyPikin Teething Powder was a case because babies died) and I know Golden Morn (Nestle) came specifically to Nairaland to announce that Golden Morn wasn't infant cereal (avoiding a lawsuit). People have sued in this Nigeria and won. People have changed things in Nigeria and they were ordinary people. People like us.

I believe if we start talking, here to every mother, we can get Rotavirus given freely. And let us vote with our money: I will never endorse Pampers even if I am given a carton free because it is a shoddy product and it inspired me to start looking for good options in cloth diapers available. I believe we can make enough of a fuss online and get foreign mothers involved in making Cerelac (Nestle) change their formulation for West Africa to reduce the amount of sugar in it according to all their other standards. Someone went to Ghana and said the nonsense we accept in Nigeria that other West African countries and even East Africa does not accept, but Nigerians accept and accomodate, is baffling.

So, yeah. Let's think big.

#EndRant

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.