Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4404793 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2016
Father, we thank You.

We exalt your name for your awesome love, protection, preservation and also provisions.

We thank you for gifting us with life, a brand new day we see without waking up tablets.

Be glorified Lord.

Mighty God, we commit ourselves before you,

Keep our children in your care. Let their angels always be on guard.

Lord, may we not be used against ourselves, may our children not be used against themselves neither our husbands.

Yahweh- Sabaoth, use everything in your power to elevate, promote,favor and bless us.

We decree everything you have created cooperates with us. Father, again I ask that you create space for us at the top.

Our God the deliverer, disappoint every devices of the crafty against our home, help us to live in love with our husbands, give us wisdom, knowledge and understanding daily in dealing with the affairs of life.

Keep and guide us. Preserve us from all evils. We will not be victims of evils( stray bullets, robbers, kidnappers, building collapse, fire accidents, home/office accidents, slips/falls).

We soak our mind, soul and body organs in the Blood of Jesus.

Go before us today, and let us be divinely located for good. Every means of transportation we ply, Lord Jesus take the wheels and occupy.

Father , we thank you for your precious love and answer to our prayers in assurance to your word that says while we are yet asking, you are answering.

Be exalted I Am that I Am.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2016
dunasy:

Father, we thank You.

We exalt your name for your awesome love, protection, preservation and also provisions.

We thank you for gifting us with life, a brand new day we see without waking up tablets.

Be glorified Lord.

Lord, may we not be used against ourselves, may our children not be used against themselves neither our husbands.

Yahweh- Sabaoth, use everything in your power to elevate, promote,favor and bless us.

We decree everything you have created cooperates with us. Father, again I ask that you create space for us at the top.

Our God the deliverer, disappoint every devices of the crafty against our home, help us to live in love with our husbands, give us wisdom, knowledge and understanding daily in dealing with the affairs of life.

Keep and guide us. Preserve us from all evils. We will not be victims of evils( stray bullets, robbers, kidnappers, building collapse, fire accidents, home/office accidents, slips/falls).

Go before us today, and let us be divinely located for good. Every means of transportation we ply, Lord Jesus take the wheels and occupy.

Father , we thank you for your precious love and answer to our prayers in assurance to your word that says while we are yet asking, you are answering.

Amen.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pretimum: 10:17am On Sep 24, 2016
dunasy:

Father, we thank You.
Be glorified Lord.

Amen!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by princessG35: 10:27am On Sep 24, 2016
mukht:

I'm interested in the books.

Weldone @ Onegai and other mums keeping the thread alive.

kiss kiss
Pls just saw the post. Dont knw if it's late am also interested in the books for Abuja mum's.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by obitobe: 10:59am On Sep 24, 2016
rezzy:

Yes, you can

please how do i go about it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 11:27am On Sep 24, 2016
mitchyy:

Wow
Lolz thanks Ma'am.kisses to ur cutie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 11:30am On Sep 24, 2016
stadora:

Lovely akeela
Thanks ma'am. Kisses 2 yr cutie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pacypatty(f): 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2016
dunasy:

Father, we thank You.

Be glorified Lord.

Amen !!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Talon05: 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
kidco:
Sorry... pop ups wont be available till mid October. .. and somehow I will find a way to include it in subsequent shipping to ur area... as a gift...

Your number pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forlahkhe: 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
Waoh....im happy to b here in d arms of my loved ones again. Greetings to u beautiful mums and our LO's. Im sorry dt my question may b off topic bt as a first time mum, i dont know where else to turn to for help. I actually need a good sch sugestion for my LO, she's 2yrs old. All d schs around me here @ papa ajao ar on d high side, btw 140-70k and ds keeps me wondering if education shd b ds expensive to get d best. I kno some pupils here dt attend dt sch of 140,000 and they ar nt outstanding like dt and ds makes me wonder that.....IS THIS NOT EXPLOITATION?

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by inikamoze(m): 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
My Big Boss says Good afternoon to all the Mamas and Papas in the room...He appreciates all the advice proffered here..and to that Mama/Papa that was charging the cane to flog us(Wifey & I) for giving baby agbo...na beg we still dey ooo..spare us biko grin grin grin grin..We will not do it again...Big Boss still has a 5-6day poo-poo interval...I hope it is safe?

26 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
dunasy:

Father, we thank You.
Be glorified Lord.

Amen!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hello mamas and papas!

Pls I need your kind opinion...I use pampers swaddlers for my lil ones...it seems getting swaddlers in the UK is expensive than it goes for in the States. I am now thinking of switching to another type of pampers. I have read about Pampers Cruisers, Baby dry, et al. Pls, which is the best in the cruisers, baby dry...?? Kids are 1yr plus now.

Thanks in anticipation of your opinions and responses....

Cc: all sabi mamas, helovesme, ozycy, modath, onegai....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
Talon05:

Your number pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Talon05: 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
kidco:
Seen. Someone will reach out to you later today. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
Doubledouble:
Hello mamas and papas!

Pls I need your kind opinion...I use pampers swaddlers for my lil ones...it seems getting swaddlers in the UK is expensive than it goes for in the States. I am now thinking of switching to another type of pampers. I have read about Pampers Cruisers, Baby dry, et al. Pls, which is the best in the cruisers, baby dry...?? Kids are 1yr plus now.

I use pampers baby dry PANTS and honestly, I give this brand of diapers 5 stars.

I discovered the baby dry PANTS range when my son was about 7 months old and I have stuck with it since then. It comes in sizes 4-6 but few days ago, I came across a size 3.

The review in the link below I think sums up all the good points about this range of diapers.

http://my-little-l..co.uk/2016/01/review-pampers-baby-dry-pants.html?m=1

I have also attached several pictures as its sometimes easy to have it mixed up with other diapers in the pampers baby dry range.

I wish pampers can do something about its other diapers especially the new born range. However, with this pampers baby dry PANTS, they've gotten it right !!

They are slightly more expensive than other diapers but it does keep baby dry for long. The 12 hours baby dry claim is true - especially over night. Another tip is to look out for when they are on offer (buy one get one free or multibuy offers), which is what I do and just buy many.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2016
helovesme:

I use pampers baby dry PANTS and honestly, I give this brand of diapers 5 stars.
I discovered the baby dry PANTS range when my son was about 7 months old and I have stuck with it since then. It comes in sizes 4-6 but few days ago, I came across a size 3.
The review in the link below I think sums up all the good points about this range of diapers.
http://my-little-l..co.uk/2016/01/review-pampers-baby-dry-pants.html?m=1
I have also attached several pictures as its sometimes easy to have it mixed up with other diapers in the pampers baby dry range.
I wish pampers can do something about its other diapers especially the new born range. However, with this pampers baby dry PANTS, they've gotten it right !!
They are slightly more expensive than other diapers but it does keep baby dry for long. The 12 hours baby dry claim is true - especially over night. Another tip is to look out for when they are on offer (buy one get one free or multibuy offers), which is what I do and just buy many.

Thanks so much for this, God bless you loads for a detailed response.
My problem with this now is how do I know which size to buy...presently on size 4 swaddlers. If I buy a size too small there is no tabs to adjust...if too big- it won't be snug...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2016
Doubledouble:

Thanks so much for this, God bless you loads for a detailed response.
My problem with this now is how do I know which size to buy...presently on size 4 swaddlers. If I buy a size too small there is no tabs to adjust...if too big- it won't be snug...

How old is your baby and what's his weight? The size 4 baby dry pants is meant to fit babies weighing between 8kg to 15kg.

Mine is few days shy of 13 months and he's been using the baby dry pants size 4 since he was 7 months. There was no size 3 at the time but I love the diapers so much and I didn't care. The good thing was that it was snug and not saggy (even when soaked in urine), thanks to how pampers have uniquely designed the diaper. The fit is really good.

I will suggest you buy one pack of each (size 4 and 5) to start with and see which fits best. Do note that the size 5 has less diapers in the pack compared to size 4. I currently have a size 5 pack which is still unused as I tried it some few weeks ago and felt it was a still too big for my son. I think he should be able to comfortably wear the size 4 for another 2 months before we move to size 5.

I can't rave enough about this pampers baby dry pants. I went on long haul flights without a single diaper change throughout the duration of the flight until when we landed and baby was very comfortable and most importantly no nappy rash afterwards.

On another occasion, after forgetting to change the diaper before boarding, I changed the nappy right there whilst seated on the plane without having to go to the toilet grin as all that's required with this diaper is to tear it on the sides to remove and also wear the new one back on like normal pants. Easy peasy!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
obitobe:

please how do i go about it.

Go to any local government close to you or even health center. They( NPC staff) come there on the day of immunization to register children.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rezzy: 4:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
mitchyy:

For where? The more he suck, the more this yeye breast keeps getting bigger. All my tops and dresses don't fit anymore. Lol

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
Okay
thanks
Talon05:

Seen. Someone will reach out to you later today. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
inikamoze:
My Big Boss says Good afternoon to all the Mamas and Papas in the room...He appreciates all the advice proffered here..and to that Mama/Papa that was charging the cane to flog us(Wifey & I) for giving baby agbo...na beg we still dey ooo..spare us biko grin grin grin grin..We will not do it again...Big Boss still has a 5-6day poo-poo interval...I hope it is safe?
Bia Nwokem,is it this beautiful baby you were giving agbo to,its like that cane will still be valid.kisses to your big boss

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
On the other hand,we got our books today,lovely books and really neat,good job Kidco.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
Doubledouble:
Hello mamas and papas!

Cc: all sabi mamas, helovesme, ozycy, modath, onegai....

If you're in Nigeria, I think your options will be limited, but if you can get from abroad, no problem. Ive heard good things about Pamper Baby Dry (imported). Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY PAMPERS NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
Goodevening Mamas.....I didn't know taking care of a newborn is this time consuming ooo embarassed embarassed . I finally got an electric breast pump and expressed about 80mls from both breasts. I was expecting to get 80mls or more from each breast. Please suggestions or advice from Mothers with pumping experience cos I really need more milk so others can help lemme rest more too....

1. Isn't that 80mls from both breasts too small ? Am I not supposed to get more when pumping ?

2. What can I do to lactate more and get more milk to pump ?

3. How many times can I pump in a day ?

4. Baby looks small in my eyes. What can I do to make him add more flesh ? He will be 5weeks on Tuesday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
[quote author=helovesme post=49636878]
How old is your baby and what's his weight? The size 4 baby dry pants is meant to fit babies weighing between 8kg to 15kg.
Mine is few days shy of 13 months and he's been using the baby dry pants size 4 since he was 7 months. There was no size 3 at the time but I love the diapers so much and I didn't care. The good thing was that it was snug and not saggy (even when soaked in urine), thanks to how pampers have uniquely designed the diaper. The fit is really good.[/quote

My boy is 12.2kg and should be fine with size 4, but my girl is 10.8kg. I am worried about her fit cos she's got hips...lol. I still have swaddlers sizes 4&5 just not enough. Will take your advice and get baby dry pants in 4 and 5. I am really excited about the prospect of pull up diapers cos I got me some wrigglers, movers n shakers!

Thanks a lot ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Doubledouble: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
Onegai:

If you're in Nigeria, I think your options will be limited, but if you can get from abroad, no problem. Ive heard good things about Pamper Baby Dry (imported). Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY PAMPERS NIGERIA.

Lol@ DO NOT BUY PAMPERS NIGERIA. Is it really that bad?? Just kidding before you use side eye and finish me. I am not and do not ever intend to buy Pampers 9ja!,in Jesus name, Amen!!!! I think am totally sold on helovesme pampers baby dry pants.

Thanks for your response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
princessG35:
Pls just saw the post. Dont knw if it's late am also interested in the books for Abuja mum's.

2 sets of Abuja moms have bought already (to the best of my knowledge). If you can be patient I'm sure another group will pop up based on this your post.

However I'm now retailing for him in Abuja, so you can find my current stock at https://www./m/ads/user/6Nwgf/ you will also see my contact details there.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
BritneyStacy:
Goodevening Mamas.....I didn't know taking care of a newborn is this time consuming ooo embarassed embarassed . I finally got an electric breast pump and expressed about 80mls from both breasts. I was expecting to get 80mls or more from each breast. Please suggestions or advice from Mothers with pumping experience cos I really need more milk so others can help lemme rest more too....

1. Isn't that 80mls from both breasts too small ? Am I not supposed to get more when pumping ?

4. Baby looks small in my eyes. What can I do to make him add more flesh ? He will be 5weeks on Tuesday.

Hey hon, we've answered this question loads of times, with details of where to buy stuff. Please use the Search function on NL and input "lactation Health breastfeeding" so that you can see answers that will relate to wherever you are in Naija (if you need to buy stuff). HTH.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
Doubledouble:

Lol@ DO NOT BUY PAMPERS NIGERIA. Is it really that bad?? Just kidding before you use side eye and finish me. I am not and do not ever intend to buy Pampers 9ja!,in Jesus name, Amen!!!! I think am totally sold on helovesme pampers baby dry pants.

Thanks for your response.

Below is Pampers Nigeria diaper. I was changing her and the inner drying materials (made of so many chemical substances) spilled out. It was always falling apart and that inner lining would touch her skin and she would itch till she bled. I checked online and asked mothers and so many people had the same issue. And Pampers Nigeria doesn't seem to care about quality control.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by evamum: 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Hi Cappo,
God will make it easy for us, I believe with time it will get easier.
Let me share the little i know (FTM here o)as per the questions:
1. The amount you u get depends; I have pump 150ml each breast and have also had 150ml from both breasts at another time. if you pump just after breastfeeding, you sure will get less milk since lo has taken some amount already. Also ensure you empty both as it will increase supply.

2. Ensure you pump after every breastfeeding as that will trigger your brain to produce more milk. Also do the needful: take as such fluid as you can.

3. It actually depends on your demand, I just pump once a day, though will increase as am returning to work next week.

4. What is his weight gain like? I heard 1kg weigh gain per month is ideal.

Other mamas will contribute.
Motherhood is beautifull, we shall all harvest the fruit of our labour

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by evamum: 7:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
Good day mama,

Pls what is your view on pacifer? Can I give my Lo of 7weeks pacifer? I intend using it to put her to sleep mostly, as she doesn't fall to sleep unlesd she is on breast or being rock while standing.
I will be returning to work October 1st, I thought my mum might need it to comfort her when she is feed and cared for but still fussy.
Pls mamas what is your experience like? Is it too early to introduce pacifer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.