Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,913 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412257 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2016
jummy004:

Tnks sis. Av attched d pix

Awwww!!! This exact thing happened to my daughter!

I felt terrible!

I felt like I didn't do enough!!

It was a sad moment for me

I'm grateful to God it's over. I used Sudocream.

Pls wat is 'alefo' and 'eela' in English?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 8:11pm On Dec 15, 2016
FINA4804:
@Apple16, Gerber baby food contain Iron. Then you can use it with Thrive baby milk.
@danzak, thanks for your patronage today.
@feddy27,You are a sweetheart. Plenty discount when you come.
Portharcouth mums that have not visited, pls come oh so that my Christmas chicken can be paid for
@mompurity, how are my boys, my Wounderful customer
@jummy04, pls always air her bum

You are welcome ma, that your discount sweet no be small.
Ph mums, you need to visit her shop she has every every for your baby. The prices way below supermarket price. Customers service, excellent. To crown it all, I happen to find the Gerber cereal that I have gone round the big supermarkets in ph looking for in her shop.
#teamFINA4804

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
Tojued:

Gerber rice, oats are for supported sitters. Most four month olds are supported sitters.

Great. Thanks for the info
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
LadyPrecy:
mums in the house please dont ignore. my 9months old dd has totally rejected her formula so it happened that this evening i was drinking a glass of warm milk (nido milk) and dd started dragn the cup with me so i quickly made her formula in a cup too and offered her but tasted it nd refused taking it yet she continued dragn my cup of milk and i gave her to drink and she gulped the whole content and was crying for more.. So my question is, is it ok to start giving her cow milk at 9months(nido milk) cc all mamas.

Cow milk ought to be from one year above. Maybe make dd's formula in a glass and pretend it's for yourself? She's probably just coveting cos it's yours.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 8:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
DANZAK:

Thanks dear, I have been to all those places, in fact welcome u is very close to my house and that's where I shop. The truth is that I am a little skeptical about wheat and oat as my Ds is not on the fat side so I kind of want something that will make him gain weight and I don't think oat and wheat can serve that purpose, though he takes oatmeal well.
I tried Gerber multigrain and it's making his poo black and strong. That is why I think I should stick to rice.

Multi grain is definitely not for 4 months. It's 6 months at the very least.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2016
DANZAK:
Good morning sabi mums, hope our day is going pretty well.
For those of us that has been affected by mmm, pls let's keep our hope alive knowing that come January everything will be sorted out and our monies recovered.
I also want to appreciate the mamas in this thread that has exhibited a great high level of maturity in handling crisis and critism. May God bless you all.
For those mamas, that had to swallow their pride and ego for peace to rain, kudos to you all.
This one thread that I can't stop thanking God for directing me to, because what I have learnt here can never be quantified and the love that I see here radiating among women that did not know one another, divine!.
I want to say a very big congratulations to all the mothers and fathers here, you guys are the best.

Now, to my question, my Ds of 5months has refused to take formula for the past one week plus now. Though I add formula in his cereal.
Is it OK, to just leave him to what he gets from cereal? If not what do you suggest I do.

Cc
Onegai, Helovesme, comtem2011,Alphahandmaiden, FINA4804,Soonest, and all sabi mamas

Pack his daily requirement of formula into his cereal. But make sure he drinks sufficient water, to prevent constipation. He might be teething and so having difficulty sucking.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tojued: 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
DANZAK:

But there is no age specification on the container. Pls did you confirm that. I really want to know how to do that because I am tired of all this trial and error things.

At the top of the carton or container there's a pix of a baby sitting and they write supported sitter etc there. On the pack they also describe signs your baby may be ready for solid.

Generally you start off a baby with a single grain e.g. rice or oats. Rice is easy to digest and rarely provokes allergies hence its first choice.

You try out single grains individually, before trying out a multi grain (which is a mixture of different single grains).

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2016
enque:
Good evening onegai, pls can I send u a pm?

Hello. Sure.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 8:58pm On Dec 15, 2016
Good evening everyone... Compliment of d season.I'm sure we all had a good day

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2016
comtem2011:
Can 1 year and above take nido? we are currently on it.

Yes mummy, a year old can take full cream milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2016
@danzak, I am dancinggggggg Azonto,Azonto, cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
soonest:
@dansak, so far you are still breast feeding and adding formula to his cereal, that should be enough.
My children have never accepted formula as a drink. All I do is bfeed and add formula to d cereals.

Same with my son.... He nvr accepts his formulae as a drink.... But takes it well with his cereal

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2016
Jummy004, baby tribotan should take care of that. Don't forget to air the bum. Cheers

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 10:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
jummy004:

You need to get medical help
Right away even if only a sensible pharmacist. I'd say stay away from soap on the area as well and rinse thoroughly with water and some disinfectant at bath time and during diaper change . For now too no diapers! Only pant please.

Some of these diaper rash creams with zinc oxide may help too i.e. Desitin or bepanthen but let's hear from your pharmacist or dr first

Cc:helovesme

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2016
Thanks to all the mamas that gave an answer to my question. you ladies rock.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 6:33am On Dec 16, 2016
jummy004:

Mama pls can you take down the pix
Too many weirdos on internet these days.
Or can post a less sensitive one
B4 one joker gets a hold of it. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:59am On Dec 16, 2016
feddy27:

Yes they can
God bless you sis.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 6:59am On Dec 16, 2016
DANZAK:

Yes to breast feeding and water. Thanks for your response
uwc

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:01am On Dec 16, 2016
fabmum:

Yes mummy, a year old can take full cream milk
Thanks ma, we are safe then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 7:21am On Dec 16, 2016
BellaElla:

Mama pls can you take down the pix
Too many weirdos on internet these days.
Or can post a less sensitive one
B4 one joker gets a hold of it. Thanks.

Abi oh and make a meme out of it..... Sum ppl av no chill
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2016
comtem2011:
Thanks ma, we are safe then.

Very very grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firsttymum(f): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2016
Apple19:
Good day house, pls I need help. My DD of 10months old started vomitting at every feed and added stool on the 3rd day, went to the hosp and doc gave Zinnat.

She also have rashed only by the arms and forehead. Her Blood level is now low as per the blood test result... Dos said I should buy Another baby food with iron and give astyfer!

Pls Doctors in the house...am so confused right now as my DD had dropped from 10.7kg to 8.38kg...pls help
Has d stooling nd vommitting stopped?
Baby food with high iron is Gerber.
Don't worry about the weight for now. Ficus on getting her better.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firsttymum(f): 7:46am On Dec 16, 2016
jummy004:

Delete the pix please... We have insensitive Internet trolls everywhere.

Have you seen a Dr for evaluation?

Anyway

1. If u changed diaper... You have to stop this new one.
2. U have to expose her bum as much as possible..
Spread a macintosh and then a clean towel before lying her. Be ready to change the towel often after she soils it.
3. Mum's have different mixture that works.
U can mix sudocream and 0.5% clotrimazole. Alternate with baby vaseline.
4. When she poops don't use wipes... Wash instead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2016
Tojued:

Multi grain is definitely not for 4 months. It's 6 months at the very least.

Yes ma o, ignorance is a disease. I took time to scrutinize the pack searching for the age requirement for the food and when I didn't see any, I assumed it was for all age range. Only for Feddy to call my attention to it yesterday and FINA4804 took her time to explain to me how to check it.
My dear, i don't drop the food sharp sharp and thank God that was the only pack I bought.
This thread has really thought me a lot.
#greaterdivinewisdom

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 8:37am On Dec 16, 2016
Tojued:

At the top of the carton or container there's a pix of a baby sitting and they write supported sitter etc there. On the pack they also describe signs your baby may be ready for solid.

Generally you start off a baby with a single grain e.g. rice or oats. Rice is easy to digest and rarely provokes allergies hence its first choice.

You try out single grains individually, before trying out a multi grain (which is a mixture of different single grains).

Thanks dear, that was what I did initially. Started with rice but when the thing became scarce, I had to go for the multigrain which was what I saw available but I now know better. Thanks to FINA4804, I now have enough rice and oat to last us till end of January, I no get strength to begin tell stories again o.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2016
FINA4804:
@danzak, I am dancinggggggg Azonto,Azonto, cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Dance on dear, it's your season. Enough Christmas chicken uploading.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2016
Goodmorning everyone pls does any mama here knows a good printer dt prints on clothes... Affordable n stays on d mainland
Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 9:03am On Dec 16, 2016
And pls too does any mama know whr I can do dis Azin d information board in d photo shoot with d lil boy... See pic attached

cc @onegai and other sabi mamas
Thanks in advance grin grin

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 16, 2016
rchilee, hi. I haven't seen you around lately. I hope you and your dd are doing fine.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 16, 2016
[quote author=DANZAK post=51926889]

@Final4804, I am in Ph and I need that your help o. My Ds is 5 months old on the 12the Dec but we started cereal at 4 months(Gerber rice). The problem now is day I can't find the Gerber rice anywhere again, which other cereal would you suggest for his age. You can also pm me so we can discuss on it further since it's in your line of
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:22am On Dec 16, 2016
Good morning mamas. Because of what happened with Mitchhyy's pics, we will not do #Threadbabies today but will restart for a lovely Christmas edition next week and each picture will be timed (after an hour on an hour and a half has passed, please take it down). All of us should be on holiday by then so we should have plenty time to check in on the thread. So get ready, we wanna see Santa outfits and Christmas cloth and Bottom-box smiley Does that sound like a good idea?

Today we can share stories with hastag #ThingsIMissAsAMommy. It should be interesting. smiley

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 10:44am On Dec 16, 2016
fabmum:
And pls too does any mama know whr I can do dis Azin d information board in d photo shoot with d lil boy... See pic attached

cc @onegai and other sabi mamas
Thanks in advance grin grin

It's part of a package deal for Children's photoshoot. The photographer will organise it. The packages go from N55,000 to N70,000. Most of the Children's photographers on IG can handle it. Or you pay a printer to do one and put it on a board.

(1) (2) (3) ... (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.