Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4392824 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabmum(f): 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
faithisallihave:
Hello Mamas. My DD is losing her hair. It's like it's literally coming off. She has patches now on her once full head of hair. Any solution pls?
CC All sabi mamas

Pls see a paediatrician for proper evaluation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
#ThingsIMissAsAMommy:
Going out alone.
I can't remember the last time I pooped/had my bath without any interruption.
Cleaning my house thoroughly. Some parts of the house must think I died.

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
fabmum:
#ThingsIMissAsAMommy... Hmmmm in fact lemme scream it my SLEEP...... Chai I Avnt slept all through d nyt since I gave birth... O boy my son can suck my nipples hurt grin grin grin, once he sight d bosom, he smiles, he can't resist, he practically owns it... And I miss going to sum places n event, I practically av to carry my dear son everywhere... He is with me all day every day, like my shadow... Bathroom, toilet, kitchen, jst name it. whew

Motherhood is a blessings, I can't complain.I count it all joy cheesy
My dear, you just helped me to write mine. My son exhibit the same character. He hardly follow his dad, apart from welcome greetings, we are always bumper to bumper.

That boy ehenn, later he will be asking me why I didn't call before coming to his house.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
fabmum:

Pls see a paediatrician for proper evaluation
Will do. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamjam5000(f): 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
#thingsimissasamum# being able to sleep without jumping up at any sound or whimper coming from my babe,thoroughly miss my after work hangout with friends especially on fridays,then miss being able to travel without a care in the world.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2016
#Thingsimissasmum

Not having to beg her to sit on her chair, in front of the bathroom with the door open, so i can bath. Not having to sneak out to work like a thief, using my phone in peace, SLEEP, GOD, SLEEP, Hanging out with friends, reading....but hey we are mummies now..lol

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dtush(f): 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
ambient:
#thingsimissasamummy
Been able to read for five hours straight without coming back to earth now I can't even read for 10minutes without my little man reminding me he exist....

#booklovers

Me too, it was so bad that i would spend my pocket money on books and go hungry in Uni. My customers at Yaba must thing i dont live in this country anymore.

All my books just they gather dust. Even to read for professional exam sef wahala

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
fabmum:
#ThingsIMissAsAMommy... Hmmmm in fact lemme scream it my SLEEP...... Chai I Avnt slept all through d nyt since I gave birth... O boy my son can suck my nipples hurt grin grin grin, [b]once he sight d bosom, he smiles, [/b]he can't resist, he practically owns it... And I miss going to sum places n event, I practically av to carry my dear son everywhere... He is with me all day every day, like my shadow... Bathroom, toilet, kitchen, jst name it. whew

Motherhood is a blessings, I can't complain.I count it all joy cheesy

Looool @ when he sights d bosom,he smiles. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2016
comtem2011:
My dear, you just helped me to write mine. My son exhibit the same character. He hardly follow his dad, apart from welcome greetings, we are always bumper to bumper.

That boy ehenn, later he will be asking me[b] why I didn't call before coming to his house[/b].

@bolded, hmmmmm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MummyGwen: 4:03pm On Dec 16, 2016
Hahahaha... Pls who is sparklie please... U need to pm me ASAP. I did not know someone was fighting for me actually, have been so busy due to work and have not got time for the thread since, helovesme please put urself together ok. Am not shallow as to change my ID cos of u. And besides I get to see that all u said was out of love but u should have stop after saying ur piece and not continue, I hold no grudge against u at all... Infact I have done all what the mummies here said over again, my madam is not still eating, but I have decided not to force her at all... Not again, give her the lil she want to eat and I leave her shekina, I appreciate the mummies her but una too dey form holier than thou in some situations and it's not suppose to be like that.

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 4:03pm On Dec 16, 2016
#ThingsIMissAsAMummy: having a nice house.

That yellow box is the medicine box. That is its permanent position. Because that dispenser and the tall chest of drawers are the only places Baby E cannot reach in the house. She has even successfully climbed the Dining Table.

Those white marks are White crayon. You see, I laid down A2 big sheets and gave her her crayons. But colour white (why the $!@# do they make colour white sef??) wasn't showing up. So she looked for a more suitable background: the tv stand. It has not removed since Tuesday and she goes back daily to complete her All-White masterpiece.

Pic no 3 was what I thought my house would look like and had started buying stuff for it. How naive of me cry

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
Ganjababe:
Thanks Mamas for the input and advices. Please I have a question.
My baby is 7 months and eats everything, I mean everything adults eat. From swallow to grains and all, with pepper ooo. Though we don't do cow milk.
I want to know if it is safe to continue. Anticipating your responses. Thank you all

Same with my DD, if you refuse to give her she'll put her hands inside it or start crying. As far as you're eating, you give her. She prefers plain pap, but I give her formula after each feed. She'll be 7months by next week Friday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
#ThingsIMissAsAMom,

Shebi we all have endless lists....lool

My own me timetable changed.

Can't enter bathroom alone, follows me and loves seeing water running from the tap
Can't read/type easily without book/tab being grabbed
Can't use tab conveniently/comfortably, DS always wants to watch chu chu tv
Can't sleep all through the night, haven't done that for a year and three months
Can't do thorough homecleaning, I only do the bit I can as I am already tired after play and care time
Can't watch my favourite shows, av to alternate with mr bean cartoon

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
#ThingsIMissAsAMummy: Quiet time with DH.
My son waits till me and DH are about to start our groove then he starts bawling. I miss being having half of the bed to my self. Now I have to share my half with my son and he still pushes me to the edge shocked shocked shocked. I miss carrying just a cute small handbag or purse alone for an outing. Now I have to pack milk, diapers, bottles, change of clothes, burp towels, etc. No more funky accessories for me embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2016
MummyGwen:
helovesme please put urself together ok. Am not shallow as to change my ID cos of u. And besides I get to see that all u said was out of love but u should have stop after saying ur piece and not continue, I hold no grudge against u at all...

I hold no grudge too. Anything i said was just out of genuine concern for your daughter.

MummyGwen:
but I have decided not to force her at all... Not again, give her the lil she want to eat and I leave her shekina.

very good. thumbs up. kiss
thank goodness, all my noise and the followup insults i received has yielded something positive. grin grin
she will eat. be patient and give her time.
since she's 6 months old, i will suggest you give her a multivitamin daily. i will recommend 'wellbaby' made by vitabiotics (see attached picture). if she spits some of it out, do not let that worry you - continue to give her. my son eats well but he is not a fan of syrups.

i have drawn a line on this issue.

all the best !

20 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
BellaElla:
#ThingsIMissAsAMummy: Quiet time with DH.
My son waits till me and DH are about to start our groove then he starts bawling. I miss being having half of the bed to my self. Now I have to share my half with my son and he still pushes me to the edge shocked shocked shocked. I miss carrying just a cute small handbag or purse alone for an outing. Now I have to pack milk, diapers, bottles, change of clothes, burp towels, etc. No more funky accessories for me embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
They do that deliberately right? Because they don't want younger ones. Little $$&@&&$
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 4:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
Comtem2011, DANZAK, Onegai, Jennykoko3009, Ozycy, Prettyhurts, MamaOO, Stadora. Thankyou for all the messages. Hope the little ones are all doing good?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
Josh runs away from me whenever I show him my boobs grin I started the weaning process on the 5th of Dec and by 10th he didn't care if I wore bra or not grin Secondly We've been treating a resistant cough (chesty cough) The hospital's around here kept pumping him with antibiotics and at a point I felt he was already resistant to the drugs that's why they weren't clearing the cough. On the 8th he started breathing fast and we were given another set of cough syrups and antibiotics but the breathing got serious midnight, we rushed him to General hospital mararaba, the nurse on duty tried infusing him with iv antibiotics again but his veins disappeared, even his legs was pricked but the veins refused to show face, so the nurse gave us some syrups instead of the iv and I was like thank God.
Friday morning we took him to FMC keffi and immediately the Chief Pead saw him and heard all about the cough she said it was ALLERGY. I was pumping Josh with Pap+groundnut or milk, unknown to me, my boy was allergic to the nut and milk. It's been on week without cough and fast breathing.
We are only allowed to take formular and Soya milk, May God protect our babies for us

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
Eminya, 3/4 of the cases being treated with Antibiotics is actually an Allergy. Babies are very easily allergic to stuff and they outgrow it. Which is why I always say "if after 7 days of antibiotics with no improvement or 2 weeks of different antibiotic treatment, it's probably an allergy and requires Loratidine from the Dr".

I think we as Nigerians feel we are immune to allergies, but the world, the environment and our food has changed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by christybabe(f): 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2016
#ThingsIMissAsAMummy .
Sleep: av not had a good night rest for 5 months now, and when i eventually sleep, i jump up at the first cry of my baby. can't read like I use to or take note of things, go out with bag full of baby needs, can't hang out at night or evenning with DH sometimes.. hmmm the ist is endless but let me stop here. cant clean up the house very well cos of tiredness.

May God strengthen us all..
Play or smile even when I don't want to..

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luscioustrish(f): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
#Thingsimissasamummy

Eating a meal by myself while either reading or going through my phone,I have to carry my baby most of the time

Reading a book,any book at all shocked

Going out anytime and anywhere sad

Carrying my little bags or purse,I hate big bags,,now I have to carry extra clothes,diapers and wipes just to visit a friend shocked

Started sleeping all through the night since the beginning of this week grin..Yay!!

Still love being a mom...God bless us and our mothers kiss

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
thingsimissasamummy#
I miss having my husband all alone,all his awake time is about Iyke.stuffs we do together and places we go together are being suspended indefinitely
my son will not use his eyes to see where we are cuddled .Mbanu!!!the way he hurries immediately to force himself in between us,you'd conclude he has an ulterior motive.
is it sex?it is forgotten,even when he's sleeping and we decide to indulge immediately,see how he'll wake up and sit comfortably just watching us,you have no choice but to stop.we r living alone but thank God Jan someone is coming and we r without apology butting him off to his room, imagine?
I miss reading my books in the toilet without him pushing it open with all boldness.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pheesayor(m): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2016
Good day Mamas, I want to thank everyone who has given one advice or the other when I bring my concerns. My baby is three months today, I look back and I'm grateful to you all on this thread, thank you very much, God bless you all.

Her name is Ebunoluwa Adeola Ogunjimi and she says hi to you all

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
pheesayor:
Good day Mamas, I want to thank everyone who has given one advice or the other when I bring my concerns. My baby is three months today, I look back and I'm grateful to you all on this thread, thank you very much, God bless you all.

Her name is Ebunoluwa Adeola Ogunjimi and she says hi to you all

Ebun must show up next week Friday for Christmas edition of #Threadbabies!! Or we will fine you smiley a very happy 3 months birthday to her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
[quote author=orirebaby post=51977151][/quote] mummy thanks, pls watsup me. I have Gerber rice plenty, I just got some more today, but you can use MILLUPA STARTER.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
christybabe:

Am in ph, where is your shop located.
My baby is 5 months old and I plan to introduce cereal by January.. Lemme also come and patronize you.
Thank you dear, plenty discount. 204 Abuloma road beside RCCG PORTALS HOUSE PARISH. Pls call or watsup
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
#thingsimissAsAmommy# Mine is only one Sleep, for the past 3 years I have not had a good night rest it is either I am attending to baby number 2 or baby number 2 or Daddy cool tongue tongue but in all Thank God

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zemaye: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2016
Onegai:
#ThingsIMissAsAMummy: having a nice house.

That yellow box is the medicine box. That is its permanent position. Because that dispenser and the tall chest of drawers are the only places Baby E cannot reach in the house. She has even successfully climbed the Dining Table.

Those white marks are White crayon. You see, I laid down A2 big sheets and gave her her crayons. But colour white (why the $!@# do they make colour white sef??) wasn't showing up. So she looked for a more suitable background: the tv stand. It has not removed since Tuesday and she goes back daily to complete her All-White masterpiece.

Pic no 3 was what I thought my house would look like and had started buying stuff for it. How naive of me cry
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
zemaye:

grin grin grin grin

How have you been? How's the baby?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by DANZAK(f): 8:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
#thingsimissasamum
For now I only miss sleep o. Every other thing, I don't count as miss because I have been enjoying them for years, wishing I had a child.
DH and I have been all alone for several years, no child(ren),no help, no live-in relations. Just the two of us or either one of us when the other one goes out of town and you can guess who stays at home alone in 99% of such times, yes, I. All alone with my books and tv series.
So now, I am still enjoying the full and noisy house. Maybe I will start counting the 'miss' after the third child shocked shocked.
But the sleep thing, no be here o. Before aside from the night I find it difficult to sleep any other time but now I can sleep anytime and anywhere as soon as I close my eye due to accumulated sleep waiting to be unleashed.

I count it all joy for the honour of being a mum. Happy motherhood!

16 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 8:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
Thingsimissasamom#
My hubby time all to my self.all the play play running and getting down anywhere.
Now na serious timetable subject to when madam agree.
I miss sleeping truout the night.gosh i miss this one so much.waking up 3times to breastfeed. No bi beans.
I miss jus going out for a swim and pizza.
I miss shopping my heart out online.now all i lookup are baby's dis.baby's dat.

But looking at her is rewarding.her smiles jus colours my world.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 8:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
#ThingsIMissAsAMom
1. SLEEP!!! This boy always manage to interrupt my sleep at least once overnight. I've never been able to binge sleep like I used to do
2. Making new hairstyles all the time. I bought a very expensive Malaysian weave over Thanksgiving break and up until this moment, I have not made it to the stylist to get it installed. The braids I have on ehn, e don tey lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
3. Picking up and just going. I used to be able to to just pick up and go with hubby before but now I can't. I can pack a carryon and it'll fit my stuff. Now, reverse is the case. We will all be flying out of town next week and thinking of all the stuff Im gonna pack and carry for him just gives me headache and anxiety. How do I navigate an airport with a three month old? How much stuff do I even carry for him?
4. Making up my face! God knows I'm a makeup junkie. I like to beat my face grin But ever since he came around, I've not been able to do that. I don't even know where most of my makeup are. They're scattered between each bathroom, the bedroom and my car. cry
5. Shopping for myself. I used to enjoy shopping for myself but now, all I seem to do is buy stuff for him and neglect myself.
6. Going to Naija parties and staying till 2am. Lord knows that's when does Naija parties are lit! grin But now, I don get oga, we leave my 9pm or earlier if the spirit leads my boss to start crying out of tiredeness.
Staying for ages in the shower. I have kind of solved this issue sha. I take him into the shower with me, and thankfully he LOVES water! He will just cuddle and sleep while the shower sprays over him. But it's not fun anymore after 10mins of holding a 15lbs baby in the shower cheesy
8. I miss waking up to go to work by 6:30am and still make it on time. If I wake up by 6:30am now, na 10am I go get to work cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.