Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398773 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 11:03am On Feb 28, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by buccee: 11:23am On Feb 28, 2017
jazzyjazz:
I no know oh. Na CD me and dh de plan to use. It's what we were using before we marry and e no fail us.

Thanks kpekus master wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by buccee: 11:24am On Feb 28, 2017
Akorkor:

Na condom things ohh.

grin condom it is.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by buccee: 11:27am On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=Loisemm post=5413024

Vex ke, just want to be sure mamas are not using better method than CD. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhukie(f): 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

Cc. Lizlazy
Rhukie

I have collated a few items that worked for me here:

http://alphahandmaiden..co.uk/?m=1

You may find it helpful. I try to update every now and again with some meal ideas and combos that i have tried. Lemme know if you have any questions.

If she rejects the bottle and is already 5 months. Abeg Just start solids and introduce fluids with a cup. When she gets older and can hold a stuff you can then give her a sippy cup and she is likely to accept it as she will be aware that she has some independence with that.

The tongue actions of eating solids and drinking even if both are fed with a spoon are quite different, but be patient, keep at it, you will notice a change after some time..... you will reduce from washing all her clothes after every meal to wiping only face....

It will take some time for her to get used to the different textures and what i find is that in the early days of weaning, the creamier the texture the easier they will take it. If it is too thick or dry, they will spit it back at you.

Her weight is a very healthy weight, gaining up to 1kg a month in the first 6 months is quite normal and very good for a breast fed baby. Dont worry by the time she starts crawling and walking, she will either loose some of it or remain constant as she is more mobile and using more energy.

thank you for this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
cheesy I no be kpekus master o
buccee:

Thanks kpekus master wink

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Livez: 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
Help a worried mother o, my dear daughter puts her finger inside her eyes and rubs her face while she stretches herself, what could dat be? I am more worried with the fingers she puts inside her eyes, what does dat mean plz, dont read and pass.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydeporch(f): 4:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
Livez:
Help a worried mother o, my dear daughter puts her finger inside her eyes and rubs her face while she stretches herself, what could dat be? I am more worried with the fingers she puts inside her eyes, what does dat mean plz, dont read and pass.
It's a sign dt She is feeling sleepy. My son also does that and he is just 3months. Nothing is wrong. Just dt sleep is disturbing their eyes.hope am right.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hello Mamas... can i start Gerber single grain (Rice or Oats) 4 my daughter?
She is 4months.
And is not really interested in milk again.
She just takes a little wen very hungry n prefers to sleep
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
realsupermum:
Good day mama,my son is 16 months and he is still not walking.he only holds things to walk around the house,when he wants to try standing his legs wobbles then he falls.most times we hold him to walk.please what do I do because some months ago when I took him to a doctor I was told to wait till 18 months which is already here.please I need your advice.Am so worried.
Cc: onegai,helovesme,zaynie and all sabi mamas
My 1st son walked at 22months so chill ma. Sometimes they are just to scared to try. He was even very much scared of using a pushing cart that I bought for him but just one morning, he woke up and walked unaided.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 7:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
iomoge2:
Hello Mamas... can i start Gerber single grain (Rice or Oats) 4 my daughter?
She is 4months.
And is not really interested in milk again.
She just takes a little wen very hungry n prefers to sleep

I started it for my son at 4 months. The oats for supported sitters. He eats it well but we mess the whole place up while eating. My son stopped taking formula when I am around so i introduced the Gerber cereal. Na constipation we dey face now. He would be 5 months in a weeks time.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
JazzyJazz dear..

I had replied earlier, but it was rather half hearted as my DD was crying cos she was feeling cranky....so I kukuma edit the post.

Ilan will be fine.
If his stool is very watery, you should see his paed. If not, no need to worry much. It might well be cus of something you ate.

I've seen that green streak twice since her birth...but momma said its no biggie.

Some say the cattarh like substance is a presence of infection. A mild antibiotic should help with that.

My Dictor friend recommends suspension zinnat, but before using, please ask a healthcare professional.

DD had runny stool last week. I did too cus of too much pepper. I gave her zinc tab and that flagyl.

I was given that G-Oral ORT, but my aunt who is a qualified midwife told me that I should only use that one if the Jedi Jedi enter Gear100 cus the sugar in that water will make her stool watery stool more.

She also advised me to stay away from tea and drink Akamu without sugar, only milk.

Me I sha followed instructions to the latter.
She's fine now. What surprised me was that, for an adult like me, one visit to the loo and I was already feeling so weak, but she with all the watery poo was just playing and smiling. I keep wondering why till date.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
Looks like today is a day for cranky babies. Ilan has been cranky all day all thanks to the unbearable heat and lack of electricity. Dude cried for almost 2 hours before he finally slept off.

About the poo, I decided to monitor the remaining poos of the day and they were not green anymore. The poos were also normal in texture.

Thanks jare
Kisses to the little one
MizMyColi:
JazzyJazz dear..

I had replied earlier, but it was rather half hearted as my DD was crying cos she was feeling cranky....so I kukuma edit the post.

Ilan will be fine.
If his stool is very watery, you should see his paed. If not, no need to worry much. It might well be cus of something you ate.

I've seen that green streak twice since her birth...but momma said its no biggie.

Some say the cattarh like substance is a presence of infection. A mild antibiotic should help with that.

My Dictor friend recommends suspension zinnat, but before using, please ask a healthcare professional.

DD had runny stool last week. I did too cus of too much pepper. I gave her zinc tab and that flagyl.

I was given that G-Oral ORT, but my aunt who is a qualified midwife told me that I should only use that one if the Jedi Jedi enter Gear100 cus the sugar in that water will make her stool watery stool more.

She also advised me to stay away from tea and drink Akamu without sugar, only milk.

Me I sha followed instructions to the latter.
She's fine now. What surprised me was that, for an adult like me, one visit to the loo and I was already feeling so weak, but she with all the watery poo was just playing and smiling. I keep wondering why till date.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 10:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
BellaElla:

I started it for my son at 4 months. The oats for supported sitters. He eats it well but we mess the whole place up while eating. My son stopped taking formula when I am around so i introduced the Gerber cereal. Na constipation we dey face now. He would be 5 months in a weeks time.

Thanks
She only responds to bottle n nips.
Will get wider teet so tge cereal can flow easily.
Thankz

Please who know what else i can give her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mydeporch(f): 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
BellaElla:

Someone once said she gives warm water to d baby in d morning to help with constipation for a formula-fed baby. You can try dt if it works.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Besea(f): 11:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
Mamas please help me Praise God, I don't know what would have become of us this night. My son and my Brother in law's kids would have been kidnapped this night but God stopped them. I'm still shaking and crying sef.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Shawbabe: 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
Besea:
Mamas please help me Praise God, I don't know what would have become of us this night. My son and my Brother in law's kids would have been kidnapped this night but God stopped them. I'm still shaking and crying sef.

Shaking and crying and u ran to Internet? undecided

Anyway we thank God they're safe.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Besea(f): 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
Shawbabe:

Shaking and crying and u ran to Internet? undecided

Anyway we thank God they're safe.

Sis, abeg waka pass. I take God beg you.

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 12:16am On Mar 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good morning mamas
Please I saw a tinge of green poop in my son's diaper. It's yellowish like egusi but I saw a bit of green and long things like thread that is in the poop.

Pls should I be worried?
He's on formula and breastmilk

Ps
Yesterday we were out the whole day, I gave him formula and breastmilk but at some point he started refusing the breast, and the foformula, but when we got home he fed very well

Ps
I didn't eat healthy yesterday as we were not home all day. I didn't think I would be delayed so I didn't bother to carry food and I don't eat out. So I basically had one doughnut, and lacasera. Then when I got home I was so tired I had Mountain Dew and some cookies.

This morning between 5am and 9.35am, I've changed poo diaper 4 times

Cc
Realdentist
Soonest
Alphahandmaiden
Mizmycoli

Other mothers
it's likely what u ate, how's he doing now? H9pe you're giving him ors
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:24am On Mar 01, 2017
He's fine now ma. Poo is now normal
realdentist:
it's likely what u ate, how's he doing now? H9pe you're giving him ors
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 12:37am On Mar 01, 2017
Besea

Thank God for you. Thank God for your family.
Please when you have gathered strength, please share what happened.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 1:34am On Mar 01, 2017
had my daughter Feb 24. pls welcome us

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 1:56am On Mar 01, 2017
buccee:

grin condom it is.

@jazzyjazz, AkorAkor @buccee
CD kpesus na work oh. I was given some packs of CD at school during my MSC days in the UK. DH and I decided to try it one day since we didn't want babies in our first year of marriage. Over one and half hour no satisfaction on both side I ran away cos I almost fainted since then I avoid CD. We just do withdrawal method although very risky but it worked for us.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:31am On Mar 01, 2017
Fear of second missionary journey no go gree make we do withdrawal method. Ilan must be two before I embark on another journey oh so we go de manage the condom like that
Chanbaby:

@jazzyjazz, AkorAkor @buccee
CD kpesus na work oh. I was given some packs of CD at school during my MSC days in the UK. DH and I decided to try it one day since we didn't want babies in our first year of marriage. Over one and half hour no satisfaction on both side I ran away cos I almost fainted since then I avoid CD. We just do withdrawal method although very risky but it worked for us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:31am On Mar 01, 2017
Thank God they are safe. Please share what happened
Besea:

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oomiyale(f): 7:32am On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=livelystone post=54126551]

No. I didn't notice anything except d swelling. [/quoted]Tnx ma.if I have any other thing to ask will get back

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 7:49am On Mar 01, 2017
mydeporch:

Someone once said she gives warm water to d baby in d morning to help with constipation for a formula-fed baby. You can try dt if it works.

Thanks mama. Maybe I should try giving him the warm water with spoon as he now detests sucking a bottle.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by buccee: 8:07am On Mar 01, 2017
[quote author=Chanbaby post
My dear same experience oo. Me wey b say I just wan manage kpekus after DD, na inside my oblongata I de hear d pain as he no quick come.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dunni29(f): 9:31am On Mar 01, 2017
Yesitsme:
had my daughter Feb 24. pls welcome us
Welcome mama and happy vigilante
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dunni29(f): 9:35am On Mar 01, 2017
Jazzyjazz the green stool at times could be from taking only fore milk whilst breastfeeding. Thank God it's cleared
Please don't let my twin baby cry like that again o.....get him a rechargeable fan. That's my saving grace when phcn goes off
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Dunni29(f): 9:38am On Mar 01, 2017
Besea thank God for deliverance. Hope you are calm now. Please share what went down so we can learn from it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.