Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4409669 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:52am On Mar 01, 2017
Besea:

Sis, abeg waka pass. I take God beg you.

This cracked me up grin grin grin grin. Thank God for safety my dear.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 01, 2017
@Besea, to God be all the glory. May God continue to keep us and our own.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
I have a rechargeable fan o. But the stupid thing get battery wahala. I go buy new one soon
Dunni29:
Jazzyjazz the green stool at times could be from taking only fore milk whilst breastfeeding. Thank God it's cleared
Please don't let my twin baby cry like that again o.....get him a rechargeable fan. That's my saving grace when phcn goes off

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Educational Toys for Kids:

Wooden Shape Sorting Clock (#2,000): learn shapes, colours, numbers and counting then gradually to learn to tell the time. Teaches fine motor skills, numbers, colors, shapes, and concepts of time. Can help cultivate baby’s hands, eyes, brain coordination ability, exercise finger flexibility to guide the baby paradigm shift capability, essential goods for the children to learn and grow

Tetris Brain Teaser Puzzle Toy (#3,500): Creative puzzle, using a variety of building blocks, posing a variety of graphics. Aims at Training kids imagination, eye-hand coordination and color & shape recognition

Early Mathematics Educational Box with Wooden Numbers (#3,000): Learn numbers and alphabets, Learn simple maths arithmetic, Helps develop kid’s intelligence and practical manual ability.

Kids Educational Microscope Kit (Magnifies 100-1200X) #7,500: Microscope Kit encourages scientific exploration and discovery, introduces a key scientific tool in a fun way.Provides high magnification for educational applications,100x, 400x, and 1200x Magnification. Super educational toy includes everything necessary for a child to be introduced to science and get started dissecting specimens. Monocular viewing head with LED,Comes with multi-piece accessory kit

Call 08060675824 to order or visit https://edtech.com.ng/product-category/educational-toys/

Delivery available all over Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pintoxx(m): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Yesitsme:
had my daughter Feb 24. pls welcome us

Congratulations n welcome to the thread.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pintoxx(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
Besea:
Mamas please help me Praise God, I don't know what would have become of us this night. My son and my Brother in law's kids would have been kidnapped this night but God stopped them. I'm still shaking and crying sef.

Thank God 4d safety of the kids,God will always watch over his very own.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
Besea:

Sis, abeg waka pass. I take God beg you.
Lolz grin no vex sorry for the experience may God continue to watch over our kids.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by juliao: 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2017
Good evening mamas. Please I need ur kind input on an issue Dats been bothering me.. I will be starting work in a few days time and my 11weeks old baby has been on exclusive.. I want to know if it's possible to express breast milk dat will last upto 12 hours or should I just augment her feeding with formula even tho I had really wanted to do exclusive feeding for her considering the circumstances surrounding her birth.. really confused right now...please help a FTM.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
@ Besea thank God for his protection, we shall not weep over our children ijn.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Good evening mama's
My ds is supposed to have his 6th week immunization on Friday. I was told to give him pcm but I don't remember how many hours interval they said I should give hin

Pls those of you that have done 6th week immunization, when did you administer pcm? And at how many hours interval?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good evening mama's
My ds is supposed to have his 6th week immunization on Friday. I was told to give him pcm but I don't remember how many hours interval they said I should give hin

Pls those of you that have done 6th week immunization, when did you administer pcm? And at how many hours interval?

The matron told us NOT to administer PCM until they start getting feverish. It is 2.5ml

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 8:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
@besea, thank God for safety.
@juliao, pls do you mean 11months old baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Besea(f): 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
So this is what happened
My bro in law went with d kids and d wife yesterday evening 2 pick my MIL who just returned from abj my son inclusive(P.S we live in a family compound so na 2 just pack d children for motor go). He parked at a junction o, pple full dia o So he left dem dere den crossed d road to wait for d bus Na im one sienna cum block dia own 3 guys burst out 2 with guns Yank d front door open and asked my bro in law's wife 2 come down with her baby Dey started dragging her 9 months old baby She was shouting 4 her husband to come U see as devil dey do, d hubby no hear or see anything Dey asked her to lie down on d floor
She did o still hugging her baby tight She was begging dat d baby is her only child while shouting dey tried to shut her up with guns dey didn't shoot, thank God. She kept saying shoot me let me die, na my pikin be dis I no get another one 4 house o. All of a sudden dey saw my son and her 3 year old daughter in d car dey started trying to force d back doors open thank God for automatic doors D doors no gree open. All 3 of them never thought of opening d front doors to Jack d children run God is wonderful as dey were trying both back doors she started shouting again naim boys hear and started running to help her from all angles Including d husband It was also at dat moment dat my mother in law and father-in-law arrived d kidnappers saw dey were overwhelmed and dey quickly drove off.

Never underestimate d power of prayers just dis morning I sang and prayed specifically for the children in d haus dat God should give us all that if will take to raise them aright, spiritually, financially and morally and we shall never weep over them
My DS came back and was telling shoot gun shoot gun mom. Me I no understand. Her daughter was saying police tell my mummy shut up. Police tell my mummy lie down, Mum lie down on the floor with Laura. To them na adventure. Thank God. I don't even know what to say to thank Him. I'm speechless

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Besea(f): 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lessons learned :

As much as possible don't take your kids out at night. If they like let him cry blood and poo, my DS is not going out at night again.

Please don't leave the car lights on. The hoodlums saw them at exactly the moment when the car lights came on.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 9:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
@Besea, Thank God for His sure mercies( can we even thank Him enough?) Oba ti ki sun.

I rejoice with you oooo.

Na im one sienna cum block dia own 3 guys burst out 2 with guns Yank d front door open

@ bolded, seems like these people trailed them oooo. May the angels of God always be on guard.

Like you said, prayers prayers.

May we not be victims of evil and may we not be used as sacrifice in Jesus name. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by juliao: 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
FINA4804:
FINA4804:

Sorry ma,am.. meant to type 11 weeks old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 9:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
juliao:
Good evening mamas. Please I need ur kind input on an issue Dats been bothering me.. I will be starting work in a few days time and my 11weeks old baby has been on exclusive.. I want to know if it's possible to express breast milk dat will last upto 12 hours or should I just augment her feeding with formula even tho I had really wanted to do exclusive feeding for her considering the circumstances surrounding her birth.. really confused right now...please help a FTM.
No. You don't need to augment her feed with formula if you don't want to. I have a 6 month old that is also exclusively breastfeed and I started work when he was 7 weeks old.
What I did was to express, into bottles. To reduce the risk of contamination and infection, I got almost 10 bottles. After I express, I measure exactly how many ounce he drinks in a feed into each bottle. So I might have like 6-7 4oz bottles filled with breastmilk. That way, the daycare lady does not have to handle the milk directly. All she needs to do is warm it up before he takes it.

I pack all the bottles filled with milk into a cooler bag and keep it cool with ice packs. Once I drop him off, the milk still in the cooler bag with the ice packs go straight into the fridge.

So if you know of a crèche with fridge/freezer facilities alongside steady power supply, that should be your go-to. I did have to teach my daycare provider how to handle the milk, not to shake it, how warm I wanted it and not to feed him leftover milk. Everything was settled in a week. Good luck

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Happy New Month lovelies. It has been a while, really missed you all.

kudos to all mamas, may God continue to give us the grace, wisdom and strength to take care of our little ones.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by classic01(f): 10:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
Evening mums please my 8weeeks old baby makes some sound in his chest as if he has cough Wat can I give him to stop it or Wat should I do plz help a ftm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
Really? I think I'll not give him. The nurse told me to give him before the immunization and her reason was that 6th week immunization is usually very painful for babies and can make them feverish

And I hate to give him drugs anyhow
MizMyColi:

The matron told us NOT to administer PCM until they start getting feverish. It is 2.5ml

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by juliao: 10:30pm On Mar 01, 2017
MamaOO:

No. You don't need to augment her feed with formula if you don't want to. I have a 6 month old that is also exclusively breastfeed and I started work when he was 7 weeks old.
What I did was to express, into bottles. To reduce the risk of contamination and infection, I got almost 10 bottles. After I express, I measure exactly how many ounce he drinks in a feed into each bottle. So I might have like 6-7 4oz bottles filled with breastmilk. That way, the daycare lady does not have to handle the milk directly. All she needs to do is warm it up before he takes it.

I pack all the bottles filled with milk into a cooler bag and keep it cool with ice packs. Once I drop him off, the milk still in the cooler bag with the ice packs go straight into the fridge.

So if you know of a crèche with fridge/freezer facilities alongside steady power supply, that should be your go-to. I did have to teach my daycare provider how to handle the milk, not to shake it, how warm I wanted it and not to feed him leftover milk. Everything was settled in a week. Good luck

Thanks ma for your response.. does it mean the fridge has to be on all the time before o can comfortably store it in there or how long can it be kept outside the fridge when it's been refrigerated for say 5 hours?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
Juliao, pls just follow what mamaoo said, I will be resuming soonest and my 16wk old Ds is exclusively breastfed and that's what I will do too, thumbs up mamaoo,
Jazzyjazz, abeg carry panda go for that immunization but only administer after vaccination, that ish is painful for them, get ready to dance, pet and even cry lol, one small advice, hold his thigh firmly when d vaccine is administered to prevent abscess later.
Besea, wow, I can't even imagine this your story, so scary to do so. Thank God oh!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Haleematm(f): 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
Yesitsme:
had my daughter Feb 24. pls welcome us
welcome and congratulations
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
dunasy:

@Besea, Thank God for His sure mercies( can we even thank Him enough?) Oba ti ki sun.

I rejoice with you oooo.

Na im one sienna cum block dia own 3 guys burst out 2 with guns Yank d front door open

@ bolded, seems like these people trailed them oooo. May the angels of God always be on guard.

Like you said, prayers prayers.

May we not be victims of evil and may we not be used as sacrifice in Jesus name. Amen.

cc besea

I don't think they were trailed, they probably noticed a lone woman with a baby in the car and thought ... easy target. these things are usually crimes of opportunity.

Anyways all na speculation, lets just thank God for your family. because robbers are usually more violent with men, if your BIL was in car it could have been a very different story.

May God continue to protect us and ours and may evil not see us or come near us. i hope your SIL is ok as she seems to have been the one to bear the brunt of the whole ordeal.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 11:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Really? I think I'll not give him. The nurse told me to give him before the immunization and her reason was that 6th week immunization is usually very painful for babies and can make them feverish

i have realised that different doctors/nurses/health visitors give different advice regarding administering paracetamol before immunisation. i guess this is because different hospitals have different vaccine schedule.

for mine, paracetamol is a MUST and the vaccines will NOT be administered without confirming that the baby has been given paracetamol and what time/dosage. my son had 5-in-1 vaccine (diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio and Haemophilus influenzae type b) ,Pneumococcal vaccine, Rotavirus vaccine and Men B vaccine at 8 weeks.

in a nutshell, if you have been told to give your baby PCM before her vaccination, please do. Fever as a side effect of vaccines can be very stressful for both mum and baby.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
juliao:

Thanks ma for your response.. does it mean the fridge has to be on all the time before o can comfortably store it in there or how long can it be kept outside the fridge when it's been refrigerated for say 5 hours?
From my researches, breastmilk kept in a cooler bag with ice packs and stay fresh for a day. Just make sure the ice pack is completely frozen before you put the milk inside the cooler bag. It also helps if the milk itself is already cold before putting it inside the cooler bag. I personally have travelled long distances with milk in my cooler bag for my baby and it stayed very cold for more than 8hours. So you should be fine. You can buy the cooler bags and ice packs in store or online. They have quite a few selection on Amazon. I used the Medela ice pack and Skip Hop Cooler bags and they have held up nicely.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 12:07am On Mar 02, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I guess it depends on your healthcare provider and yourself. If you feel comfortable with it or not. My baby is 6months old and he's has like two rounds of vaccinations or so. At 8 weeks and 16 weeks. They didn't even mention giving him any medication and at the one he had at 8 weeks, I tried to give him baby Tylenol but he spit it out. So I didn't bother again. He didn't cry or fuss at all after thre initial cries when he got stuck with the needle. His temperature was alright and he just slept a lot. So I didn't bother with any medication the next time he took his vaccinations and he was fine and dandy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zimunachimdi: 12:27am On Mar 02, 2017
jazzyjazz,that 6 weeks vaccine showed us shege ooo. Thank God for pcm. My son temp rose. Mil even called severally to know how he was faring. I think i gave three times for that day. At the health center they kept shouting,hope we came with our pcm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 02, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MamaOO: 2:02am On Mar 02, 2017
brownsugars:

MamaOO pls I want to ask some questions; am also doing exclusive but mehn the thing is not easy at all...am almost at the verge of giving up. Maybe some tips will help set things in perspective for me.

Pls how many times do you express and how much BM do you get at each pump?

Also how many oz of the expressed BM was your DS taking at that 7wks and how much does he take now?

How do you also manage with night feeding. Do you give expressed BM when he wakes to feed at night or do you just put him to the breast?
And does he sleep long at night with just the BM?

Yeah. It's really tasking and can be stressful too. I think my saving grace was that I produce a LOT! When I say a LOT, I mean it. In the initial stages when I just gave birth, I was producing 40-45oz a day. When I read somewhere about how to regulate milk supply, I decided to try it and reduced my pump sessions from every 3 hours to just 3-4 a day. With 3 or 4 pumping per day, I do get 28-35ounces. Depending on my diet.

At 16 weeks, I think he was drinking 4oz or so, but when I took him to his pediatrician at 16-17 weeks, she complained that he gained just 2pounds in two months.
And that I should up his feed to 5-6ounces. I ramped up my pumping sessions and I get like 30-40oz a day. He drinks like 5-6oz now at 6 months. Sometimes he's real hungry and when I give him his 5oz bottle, he still ends up drinking extra 2-3oz because he's still hungry. But the time between his next feed after that one is much more longer. PS: He is right on target with his weight and not overweight at all. He is also in the 90th percentile for height. 60th percentile for weight.

Concerning if the breastmilk lasts him through the night. Yes, it does. I usually feed him a bottle or breastfeed him right before he goes to bed around 9. I try to give like 5-7oz and that lasts him till around 7am the next morning. He's pretty much sleeping through the night me except for some days (maybe 1-2 nights a week). If he wakes up, I sometimes get him out of his crib and breastfeed him (he sleeps off pretty fast when breastfeed) or warm a bottle and feed him that way. Either way, it doesn't take up to 30min to get him back to sleep.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by luscioustrish(f): 4:46am On Mar 02, 2017
BellaElla:

I started it for my son at 4 months. The oats for supported sitters. He eats it well but we mess the whole place up while eating. My son stopped taking formula when I am around so i introduced the Gerber cereal. Na constipation we dey face now. He would be 5 months in a weeks time.

Hello teamie..long time no mention grin
How's your boy? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.