Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (898) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4393849 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 8:10am On May 13, 2017
zaynie:

Hahahhaha cheesy
Me, I am a full fledged OgiVoltron, defender of all things pap-y. grin
Don't make me list all the benefits of pap o.... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lmao grin

Yimu @ benefits grin

The only thing I can think of is that you will have a baby that sleeps a lot and pees a lot. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 8:11am On May 13, 2017
inikamoze:
Hello house,

I greet you all fellow parents. I need advice from all the senior mamas and papas in the house. I have a 9months old son, soon to turn 10 months this May, first of all he sweats a lot, sometimes when the weather is mildly hot and the fan is on, he sweats, sometimes I am propelled to want to increase the speed of the fan but for fear of cold getting into his body. Even when the weather is cool, he still sweats. Is this normal of do I have something to worry about?
Secondly, the lil man is scared of eating, the sight of the plate for his food sends him to frenzy....lol. He cries as if he is been stabbed when eating as his mother/my wife has to force the food in him till he finishes it, which is quite tasking on the mother and frustrating too,however he stops crying immediately he finishes, which makes me believe he just doesn't like the 'eating food' part of life. These yeye habit started when he turned 5months. His food now is Lactogen 2, Cerelac(mixed fruits, wheat with milk) and Pap(Ogi baba). He eats solid/adult food but after 3 bites or swallows, he is done and would want to run off to play.
He is still on the chubby side and weighs about 9.8kg but his fear for food gets me worried and angry too...How I go dey grind my behind to ensure he eats and the lil bugger would run away from food at sighting the plate.
What can we do to make him eat without crying? Are there other foods children love to eat?
If power supply is not a problem in your area, please put the AC on for him.
You DW has made feeding a traumatic experience for him hence his crying when he sees food. Please tell her not to force feed him again.
Personally I don't feed my baby myself, he always refuses to take food from me except his swallow and I don't have the patience to do what my nanny does. She sings, dances, plays music from her phone, uses his toys all to distract him to eat. Sometimes it takes as long as 30mins for him to finish his meals but once he starts turning his head (to say no) we stop.
Also tell your wife to diversify his meals. Babies are humans too, they get bored with same foods all the time. Check some pages back and you would see organic food combinations shared by feddy2.7 and I and she can try them out on him.
If the problem is he wants to run off to ​play, she can carry the food and follow him about and put a spoonful​ of food in his mouth while he plays......it's part of the joys of motherhood.
It's not unique to your baby, most babies do same too.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 8:12am On May 13, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

He he he grin

Helovesme, i am in your camp on this one!

Mama Zaynie, free us... lol!

I dont understand the pap hype. Given dd only once and she spat it out straight back at me. I have since given up on that matter. Lol!

Thank you oh jare. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:25am On May 13, 2017
Lmao @ like a pig. They make all sorts of noise through the night and I only recently got used to it sef. Before I was like you. Instead of phone light I keep a rechargeable lamp on through the night
Giddyperson:
So my baby is sleeping beside me today and her breathing is so noisy, I know babies breathe weird but she sounds really stuffy so I've been up half the night just watching her breathe (ftm things, maybe cuz I usually don't spend the nights with her, when her breathing is noisy I shine my phone light at her until it stops, when she's quiet, I place my hand on her chest to make sure she's still breathing cheesy who can please the world) anyway so I tried to google it and this came up cheesy. People are crude. Anyway apparently it's normal for a baby to breath like her airways are stuffed up, that's what I was about to type, not like a pig
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:03am On May 13, 2017
crystalzoe:

Lol@like a pig!
Also took me a while to get used to d sound kept checking to b sure he was alright. My sister still teases me abt it. Then there's this thing their eyes do when they're asleep like rolling then u see only d white d pupils sort of roll up I observed it d day he was circumcized I was sure d nurse had caused my son to bleed to death I screamed til I was told its normal. Felt stupid afterwards.Google confirmed that its normal he still does d eye thing just not as often
The eye roll thing really used to scare me too esp cuz it happens right before they fall asleep. I wonder how new mums survived pre google days, they would be back in the hospital every day for the most foolish reasons.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:08am On May 13, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lmao @ like a pig. They make all sorts of noise through the night and I only recently got used to it sef. Before I was like you. Instead of phone light I keep a rechargeable lamp on through the night
Hubby finally had to transfer himself to the floor and beg me to bring her to the bed cuz I was going to inspect her cot every five minutes. I think what we need is this bed

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PresVA: 10:09am On May 13, 2017
coldfeet, you dropped a phone no of an agent some time ago.. tried searching it buh no success. . please help me with the no again. ..

or any mama that knows a reliable agent that can get me a good nanny in ph...

I'm seeing some red flags in my baby's nanny, don't want to wait till things get out of hand before replacing her... I want to relieve her of the duty this month end...

Thanks as I await your responses. ..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugah: 10:12am On May 13, 2017
Giddyperson:

Hubby finally had to transfer himself to the floor and beg me to bring her to the bed cuz I was going to inspect her cot every five minutes. I think what we need is this bed
You could look for a Chicco next2me sleeper. It's really nice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:15am On May 13, 2017
iomoge2:
Lol @like a pig.

I am so used to that breathing now that if she is kinda quiet... i go to shake her a bit to be sure she is ok cheesy.

Chia.
Motherhood.
Lol I was just thinking this night how I'd wake up sometimes as a teenager and find my mum just standing there watching me; and how she sometimes covered me on nights I'd be shivering but too lazy to get up and cover myself, so I'm not surprised you are still doing it after a few months, it never ends.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:38am On May 13, 2017
helovesme:

Thank you oh jare. cheesy

Yinmu..... Somebody just woke up from hibernation tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:50am On May 13, 2017
helovesme:

Lmao grin

Yimu @ benefits grin

The only thing I can think of is that you will have a baby that sleeps a lot and pees a lot. cheesy

Side-eyes her.
Wait for me to wear my armour first, I'm coming angry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:51am On May 13, 2017
sugah:

You could look for a Chicco next2me sleeper. It's really nice.
lol, the way my bank account is set up... wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 9icegee: 10:59am On May 13, 2017
feddy27:

Yes, after it has settled, I tie in a bag strongly to drain out all the water then sun dry
Hi. Pls how do u make millet for babies? I need d process. Is it done like pap or its grinded dry and 'cooked' for them. Reply asap pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:37pm On May 13, 2017
That's kinda how our bed is. Had to make it when I started feeling sorry for hubs and his having to sleep on the floor. Best part is you can remove baby's matress and convert to a regular bed when he's old enough. The crib is just for daytime naps now.
Giddyperson:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 12:39pm On May 13, 2017
Baby pillow backing is bae(strapping baby to a pillow so they think they are actually been backed). Whoever invented this strategy has really made a saving grace. With pillow backing my dd can sleep for hours and only wakes to feed then sleep back.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:43pm On May 13, 2017
Giddyperson:

Lol I was just thinking this night how I'd wake up sometimes as a teenager and find my mum just standing there watching me; and how she sometimes covered me on nights I'd be shivering but too lazy to get up and cover myself, so I'm not surprised you are still doing it after a few months, it never ends.

I do same too o. And my son is 4 months old. Dh wanted to move to the living room but I protested vehemently grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 1:14pm On May 13, 2017
@myrygurl, please how do you do the baby pillow backing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chychy4us: 1:17pm On May 13, 2017
Florena:
mamas gloves are way better, it is not too strong and does not waste soap, I've been using a bar of boots since march

Wow, first time of hearing this and I am loving it already, I am currently using a very soft face towel, I am going to try the gloves when my lo gets to 5months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:21pm On May 13, 2017
You people need this our bed cc giddyperson
jazzyjazz:

I do same too o. And my son is 4 months old. Dh wanted to move to the living room but I protested vehemently grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BellaElla(f): 1:40pm On May 13, 2017
helovesme:

Lmao grin

Yimu @ benefits grin

But what is there not to luv in this bowl of creamy goodness cheesy

Pap is bae

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:44pm On May 13, 2017
hunniesuzie:
You people need this our bed cc giddyperson
Wow this is lovely, I really won't mind having something like that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:48pm On May 13, 2017
Just showed my carpenter the picture and he delivered.Now everybody has their own space and I can check baby's breathing without standing up grin

Giddyperson:

Wow this is lovely, I really won't mind having something like that

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 13, 2017
I get d noisy breathing wen he is feeding n d one dat scares me most is the one he dos like he is shrt of breath!Then the weird one is smiling wen he is asleep,na so I go d look am d wonder which babe him d toast 4 drim!
Giddyperson:
So my baby is sleeping beside me today and her breathing is so noisy, I know babies breathe weird but she sounds really stuffy so I've been up half the night just watching her breathe (ftm things, maybe cuz I usually don't spend the nights with her, when her breathing is noisy I shine my phone light at her until it stops, when she's quiet, I place my hand on her chest to make sure she's still breathing cheesy who can please the world) anyway so I tried to google it and this came up cheesy. People are crude. Anyway apparently it's normal for a baby to breath like her airways are stuffed up, that's what I was about to type, not like a pig

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 2:09pm On May 13, 2017
Fyngal1:
@myrygurl, please how do you do the baby pillow backing?

I have been trying to upload a pix...but the network not cooperating.. All u do is get a pillow and put the baby on the pillow then use a wrapper to back the baby on the pillow just as you back baby normally.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 2:14pm On May 13, 2017
Thank God! I have finally wean my boy

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:23pm On May 13, 2017
That smiling one I'm convinced it's his guardian angels/patron saint cracking him up. Sometimes he will even laugh out loud

Sansa143:
I get d noisy breathing wen he is feeding n d one dat scares me most is the one he dos like he is shrt of breath!Then the weird one is smiling wen he is asleep,na so I go d look am d wonder which babe him d toast 4 drim!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 13, 2017
All of a sudden,i started feeling heat from within den followed by sweating,den all of a sudden hunger n now am shaking like a jelly fish!Please wat is causing it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:40pm On May 13, 2017
When did you eat last? That's the hunger of a breastfeeding mother. Very strong something. Welcome to the club
Sansa143:
All of a sudden,i started feeling heat from within den followed by sweating,den all of a sudden hunger n now am shaking like a jelly fish!Please wat is causing it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by drlayla(m): 2:42pm On May 13, 2017
https:///DBOcCt2ELiQ2pxjuKxoI43
Chat with doctors instantly thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 13, 2017
Chai,so na 2day my own wan start cry cry!Wanted frying yam but I no fit peel cos am shaking!I have decided to do swallow,had to drink gari to get small strength to turn d swallow! cry cry chai,is not a funny sumtin!
hunniesuzie:
When did you eat last? That's the hunger of a breastfeeding mother. Very strong something. Welcome to the club
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pweetyface(f): 2:50pm On May 13, 2017
helovesme:

Lmao grin

Yimu @ benefits grin

Mine doesn't sleep at all ooo
She's 6 months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 13, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) (901) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.