Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4403904 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
Orente21:
Gudafternoon mamas, pls my baby has nt poop for 4days now. She is 5weeks&sum days. She is on Ebf. I ate vegetable, moi moi, akara, all in d name 2make her poop bt na so so fart,she dey produce. Pls is she ok?
she is fine, can even stay longer without pooing
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
Queen1:
Out of peeping mode today, hi mamas! so my dd is crawling and holding unto things to stand up at 6months. before I get bashed I'm not exaggerating and I had absolutely nothing to do with it didn't even start putting her to sit till she was about 4 months. I think she's moving too fast o... what do you guys think biko? zaynie feddy2 alphahandmaden onegai and other sabi mamas

Same here, my 6months baby has started crawling too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
Yes ma. EBF babies don't need to poo everyday. In fact 7 to 10 days is normal

Orente21:
Gudafternoon mamas, pls my baby has nt poop for 4days now. She is 5weeks&sum days. She is on Ebf. I ate vegetable, moi moi, akara, all in d name 2make her poop bt na so so fart,she dey produce. Pls is she ok?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AbbynHummy(f): 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
Enque.. What i did to make my lo pop softer was dat i added more crayfish and ground nut to her soya bean and made sure that i also prepared her meals with enough soya bean and nw her pop is jux ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2017
realtalk19:
hi mums. plz wat can i do to my bruised nipples. my baby boy sucked it sore right from the 4th day i delivered him and its been a month now .my nipples isnt healing at all.it gets bruised each time he sucks and its giving me fever and severe pains.

av used luke warm salt water to mop d nipples and applyed mentholatum but still no improvement.

how can my nipples heal?
my sons gums is sharp and firm.hes aggresive when about sucking.

I had this issue too with my son
Sorry dear. This could mean that Baby isn't latching properly. Ensure the areola enters his mouth when he latches.
Try Lanolin n.ipple cream. You can check for it on everymum.com.

Or
Apply breast milk on it and air it.

Or
Apply plenty blueseal Vaseline on it like mama Beyedew has mentioned. But please wash off before feeding baby with it.

Or
Buy n.ipple shield. This thing saved me back then

Or
Express and let someone else feed him while your n.ipple heals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2017
My ds had his 6wks immunisation today mamas pls can I massage his body with warm water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
olubankemi:
I don cry my eyes don swell today. My bp too go don high.

The girl living with me scaled the fence and left the house.

Should I put up her pics on nl and plead with the mods to help move it to fp?

She told me her sister is not doing fine where she is n want to go there and let her sister come to my place. I refused and never knew she had plans. She doesn't know anywhere, people said they saw her walking in the rain.

i think u should check through ur stuff if anything is missing b4 u go to the police. It happened to my friend and she was advised to go to the station and declare him wanted. That she should write a statement that he stole some money and some valuables, my sister 3days later it was the agent and his sister that brought him back and appealed to her to close the case. Just as talltosyne said that it could be the agent trying to play a fast one on you.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Don't massage just clean his body with Tepid/lukewarm water that's if he has temperature. Don't massage the site of the injection. I was told to place iceblock on it then.
queensnow:
My ds had his 6wks immunisation today mamas pls can I massage his body with warm water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
XX01:

Have you tried sabutamol or some anti allergy medicine?

Yeah I did anti allergy last month

Their cough has gone just catarrh left

Tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by favoredgal: 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
olubankemi:

Sorry about this.

Have you tried zinnat by gsk? It's works. Twice daily.

Wil do tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
favoredgal:

Yeah I did anti allergy last month

Their cough has gone just catarrh left

Tnx

Thank God that it worked. You can buy a dehumidifier if you are boxed up. It will reduce it a lot. Since I got it, I have been sleeping easier.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 10:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
embarassedhello
How old is the kid, need to know soon I recommends either graphic novel or Disney cartoons
kidco:

Were are you based

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:15pm On Jul 04, 2017
Naomi14:
Don't massage just clean his body with Tepid/lukewarm water that's if he has temperature. Don't massage the site of the injection. I was told to place iceblock on it then.
okay thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2017
realtalk19:
hi mums. plz wat can i do to my bruised nipples. my baby boy sucked it sore right from the 4th day i delivered him and its been a month now .my nipples isnt healing at all.it gets bruised each time he sucks and its giving me fever and severe pains.

av used luke warm salt water to mop d nipples and applyed mentholatum but still no improvement.

how can my nipples heal?
my sons gums is sharp and firm.hes aggresive when about sucking.

I was in the same boat with you. In fact, I had given up on breastfeeding because it was just too painful. Luckily, I confided in my SIL and she told me about a nipple shield. It was a life saver for me. I also started formula so that I could have a longer time to heal. It worked for me. I still have the cooling something I was given for it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
Mamas in the house, when I am rested, I will share my experience over this weekend. Never suppress you or your partner's gut instinct. It can make a difference for your baby. I had a similar experience like Iomoge2. I thank God that mine has ended in praise.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hello all
Graphic novels are exploding in popularity, and there's good reason behind this phenomenon.

This sometimes misunderstood type of book is a full-length story told in paneled, sequential, graphic format - different from book-length collections of comic strips or wordless picture books.

Graphic novels are great for "reluctant readers" and kids just learning to read. They're generally fast paced, and the word-to-picture correlation provides an easy way to expand children's vocabularies. Perhaps more importantly, graphic novels tend to be more engaging than other "early reader" books. Another plus: the number of titles is expanding rapidly every year, so there's something for every child's interests. Last, but not least, graphic novels positively impact children’s visual literacy skills, which are more essential than ever in the digital age.

Comic and cartoons are hard to distinguish from graphical books

Need some call Kidco and I will add extra free for group purchase as has been in this tread...
Cc: Yaba Mama's... Okota Mama's... Tojued... Abuja Mamas... Maryland... Et all...
Grab this opportunity
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2017
kidco:
Hello all
Graphic novels are exploding in popularity, and there's good reason behind this phenomenon.

This sometimes misunderstood type of book is a full-length story told in paneled, sequential, graphic format - different from book-length collections of comic strips or wordless picture books.

Graphic novels are great for "reluctant readers" and kids just learning to read. They're generally fast paced, and the word-to-picture correlation provides an easy way to expand children's vocabularies. Perhaps more importantly, graphic novels tend to be more engaging than other "early reader" books. Another plus: the number of titles is expanding rapidly every year, so there's something for every child's interests. Last, but not least, graphic novels positively impact children’s visual literacy skills, which are more essential than ever in the digital age.

Comic and cartoons are hard to distinguish from graphical books

Need some call Kidco and I will add extra free for group purchase as has been in this tread...
Cc: Yaba Mama's... Okota Mama's... Tojued... Abuja Mamas... Maryland... Et all...
Grab this opportunity

kidco....e don tey o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hmmm, thanks for all you inputs. We have reported at the police station. She is from my village. She has being giving me the signal since her aunt came visiting. Can't begin to type the whole story cos am soo tired.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
I have asked the police if I could put her pics up on social media and they said I should wait that it will come to that if she's not found after some time.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Orente21(f): 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Yes ma. EBF babies don't need to poo everyday. In fact 7 to 10 days is normal

Tanx ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Orente21(f): 11:18pm On Jul 04, 2017
Yesitsme:
she is fine, can even stay longer without pooing
Tanx so much ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 11:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
queenhecate:

yes oo. Bariga area
please when in bariga
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:43am On Jul 05, 2017
Someone please tell me the 14 weeks immunization won't come with fever again. undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 7:34am On Jul 05, 2017
Sorry. Only thing I can tell you is after that, you'll be free till 9 months. Vit A is oral

Giddyperson:
Someone please tell me the 14 weeks immunization won't come with fever again. undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenhecate: 8:25am On Jul 05, 2017
queensnow:
please when in bariga
p Odun enro health centre
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:27am On Jul 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Sorry. Only thing I can tell you is after that, you'll be free till 9 months. Vit A is oral

cry Nights like this are the worst, she hardly slept and the catarrh isn't letting her breathe well. I'm officially desperate, how do I make the palm oil and sugar solution, how much sugar and how much oil to give how often.
Cc: Zaynie, iomoge2

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2017
Palm oil wetin wetin is for cough oh. Palm oil mamas will come and give dosage but for catarrh not letting her sleep drop some eucalyptus oil near her head as she sleeps. Her nose will flow for you to suck it out
Otherwise go to the nearest pharmacy to you and ask for saline drops. Put a drop in each nostril when it's blocked, it will loosen up for her to breathe

Giddyperson:

cry Nights like this are the worst, she hardly slept and the catarrh isn't letting her breathe well. I'm officially desperate, how do I make the palm oil and sugar solution, how much sugar and how much oil to give how often.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:02am On Jul 05, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Palm oil wetin wetin is for cough oh. Palm oil mamas will come and give dosage but for catarrh not letting her sleep drop some eucalyptus oil near her head as she sleeps. Her nose will flow for you to suck it out
Otherwise go to the nearest pharmacy to you and ask for saline drops. Put a drop in each nostril when it's blocked, it will loosen up for her to breathe

Sorry I meant cough.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 9:05am On Jul 05, 2017
Giddyperson:

I heard dat a drop of breastmilk in each nostril could clear d blocked nose..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2017
Pls someone should come to my aid, my 7month baby have not started crawling but he roll nd turn as he like but not crawling. Why
Cc liftedhand, Twogreatnations, olubankemi, realdentist jazzyjazz, feddy27 nd other sabi mama's
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
i think u should check through ur stuff if anything is missing b4 u go to the police. It happened to my friend and she was advised to go to the station and declare him wanted. That she should write a statement that he stole some money and some valuables, my sister 3days later it was the agent and his sister that brought him back and appealed to her to close the case. Just as talltosyne said that it could be the agent trying to play a fast one on you.

Your friend is wicked. Please let go of this slavery.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2017
XX01:
Mamas in the house, when I am rested, I will share my experience over this weekend. Never suppress you or your partner's gut instinct. It can make a difference for your baby. I had a similar experience like Iomoge2. I thank God that mine has ended in praise.

Will be waiting for the story smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.