Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,282 members, 7,839,389 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4434930 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
@ XX01

E-hugs darling. It must have been really traumatic few days for you

Thank God that your son is Ok. I pray he gets a swift recovery.

Please just move on. And dont dwell on the why she did this. Learn from this and follow your instincts.

Perhaps if you still decide to have a nanny , get a hidden camera in the main areas of the house. ( living room, kitchen, baby's room) that way you would hopefully catch any misbehaviour before it gets out of hand.

Pele dear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
XX01
Wow! Thank God your son is recovering. May God continually protect our babies for us o.
Please try to move past it. Some maids are like that. No matter what you do, they will still be mean to your kids.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:54pm On Jul 05, 2017
Benignasweety:
even at that ma...
U re rushing your child like he is in competition with someone, he is growing at his own pace unless you have other reasons to be worried at 7,,months but again, what do I know.
It's your child.

Easy ma'am
No need to go off on her like that

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
She has been found! Details later. Just help me thank God.

13 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fruitfulhome: 8:43pm On Jul 05, 2017
Ok Mamas goodevening. Come help me out in this.

We have just started second semester last week with seminar topics already distributed. Baby is 8 weeks today. Please what is my best option. Start baby on formulae and be dropping him with MIL who lives close by. Buy baby carrier and be taking him along to classes. My classes are four times in a week; two courses on Friday 10-3pm.

I can't afford creche now and won't even consider it at his age.( if at all there are schools that take that age). Also, option of Nanny is out of it. The challenge with MIL is that she travels always especially Friday's to Monday's. Secondly, there are lots of people living in her house. Anytime baby goes there, that is how they transfer him from one hand to the other, from room to room, bed to bed, chair to chair( and they always read meaning to any caution,) My mum is managing her health so not available.

Please what option is the best? Thank u al
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2017
Benignasweety:
even at that ma...
U re rushing your child like he is in competition with someone, he is growing at his own pace unless you have other reasons to be worried at 7,,months but again, what do I know.
It's your child.
lmao @ what do i know, hmmmmm he is not in competition with anybody o, just that i thought babies do crawl from 6months.
Cc worry mother
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2017
enque:

i dont quite get this...
u mean bag or flask??
A bag that it will be cool.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
Akorkor:

A bag that it will be cool.

ooohk!

i use a food flask for her meals .i.e the food that i have to cook and puree from home.

for cereals, I pre-mix wth milk and they just add water and feed when she is ready t eat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
Benignasweety:
even at that ma...
It's your child.

She is a first time mum and its normal for her to worry cos she doesn't have the experience u have.
At least she came on here to ask valid questions n express herself which is what I believe this forum is all about.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mbliz(f): 10:10pm On Jul 05, 2017
tjskii:
Newborn babies shud sleep on their backs not stomachdown at least for the first threemonths,this prevents SID(sudden infant death syndrome)

As for suckers or dummies,its not recommended cos of the high incidence of germs,even feeding bottles are no longer recommended,wen I was to introduc formular to my son,I was adviced to sppoonfeed him,wich I did,hez sixmnths old now,and eats lik a pro cheesy
very informative. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

She went tru the pain again ooo d second tym...this tym the crying was double...tho the site didn't react like the ist tym...wen I put iceblock covered with cloth on the site...I wish I didn't put...this gal cried like Neva b4... Can't wait for the final one let her leg rest
Ehya sorry abt that..I went through another phase of crying on Monday at 10wk immu..This tym the crying lasted the whole day and she refused to suck..kai it wasn't funny
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 05, 2017
FortuneTeller:

Why are you trying to hold her hostage? She doesn't want to be there. Let her go before God punishes you.

Shuuuuu? Holdinng who hostage? So you don see vision? See fortuneteller. Na real wa for you.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
enque:

She is a first time mum and its normal for her to worry cos she doesn't have the experience u have.
At least she came on here to ask valid questions n express herself which is what I believe this forum is all about.

Okay, I get...

Jex dat she was acting too desperate even after explanations for her question, another maama even went to baby center to provide informations for her,I con begin pity d kin sweet baby wey never wan stress em knee.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
roseval:
lmao @ what do i know, hmmmmm he is not in competition with anybody o, just that i thought babies do crawl from 6months.
Cc worry mother
Dont worry again e hear, your lo will soon start scattering your house...

my warmest kisses to him, tell him aunty Benny said he should do and crawl so mommy will start shouting upandan tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2017
fruitfulhome:

We have just started second semester last week with seminar topics already distributed. Baby is 8 weeks today. Please what is my best option. Start baby on formulae and be dropping him with MIL who lives close by. Buy baby carrier and be taking him along to classes. My classes are four times in a week; two courses on Friday 10-3pm.

I can't afford creche now and won't even consider it at his age.( if at all there are schools that take that age). Also, option of Nanny is out of it. The challenge with MIL is that she travels always especially Friday's to Monday's. Secondly, there are lots of people living in her house. Anytime baby goes there, that is how they transfer him from one hand to the other, from room to room, bed to bed, chair to chair( and they always read meaning to any caution,) My mum is managing her health so not available.

Same page with you my sister with degree exam staring at my face...

Chicco baby carrier to the rescue...

I carry him about, everywhere and he is just 5weeks plus, no help at all.
but if he is okay with Mil, your choice but me am enjoying EBF sha cuz wen he cries hunger, I will jex bring it out.
no carrying flask and big bags around, he is my only handbag for now with a few of my books..

it is well ma, even in the well..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2017
It's going to be a very long night!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
olubankemi:

Shuuuuu? Holdinng who hostage? So you don see vision? See fortuneteller. Na real wa for you.

Child labor devils.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 11:28pm On Jul 05, 2017
XX01..I feel your pain..it pains me when innocent kids are maltreated.It is very rare to get a good and godly nanny/housemaid..No amount of love shown to them would stop them from been mean. Thank God your lo is getting better.

Please mamas help me o..My own has meet me..My dd just refused suckling breast all of a sudden..It started yesterday.. She normally feed every 2-3 hours but now its takes up to 4-5 hours before she feeds..Even if she's very hungry and i put her to breast she will turn her head and start crying.. She normally sucks her thumb. She has been at it for a month+ now, she's is 10wks. Nowadays even if she's hungry she won't cry she will just be suckling her thumb.. I usually detect she's hungry if the suckling of her thumb becomes vigorous. Through out today she fed only 4times. The fourth one this night was through a bottle. I had to express inside a bottle and fed her..Come and see the way she rushed it. I don't know if my tip is now bitter in her mouth..Am getting disturbed..

Her temperature is normal and she plays as usual..Just this refusal of suckling from breast that I don't understand again.. Please is there any mama that have gone through this?I have not heard of this before..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 12:23am On Jul 06, 2017
My lo went for his immunization yesterday. He really did not cry like I thought he would. All he just did was to sleep in my arms all through the night till the morning which was a bit stressful for me angry angry angry but all the same he is fine.

I have a question to ask....... How possible is it for someone's menstrual period to come back after one month of delivery.

I think mine just came back after one month of delivery (cs) but the blood is so thick and red ehn. Even if I want to pee, the blood can come out much into the WC. It is well aha.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 12:23am On Jul 06, 2017
Myrygurl, since she takes from the bottle, abeg express and give her, maybe the breast isn't flowing as much as she would want it, although u can be putting her to breast but not when she is soo hungry, its just a phase.

XX01, thank God for your child's safety. It is well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:28am On Jul 06, 2017
Can my 8wks old take the zinit
ijeoma2728:

I got mine from a pharmacy here(benin).
It's #400
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 1:25am On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=jaysmama post=58160033][/quote]

@ XX01 this sums it up aptly! Don't beat yourself up about it! Thank God the little one is fine. Encourage your first son to speak out more no matter what! God help us parenting is much tougher these days!

I have had enough of helps for now! I'm also between jobs so it's tough on us all if you get me! No one can understand why I'm not looking for a replacement! Half the time everyone* is complaining* about the state of the house but as long as I'm not adding shouting at Bose or Caro or worrying about whether they're feeding my son properly to my issues lemme manage myself for now!

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:00am On Jul 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:

We have a centre rug
We have AC and fan but we don't use them because of him
He coughs more in the morning and evening. It's minimal in the afternoon
And we use very light curtains
He's actually teething now. One tooth is out and the second just sprouted
He's stooling too but I've been given ORS and zinc for that
I was using agnesia powder for him cos of rash (been using that powder since march). I stopped using the powder when he started coughing
I'll stop using perfumes too
I started using comfort fabric conditioner for his clothes last month. I've stopped using it too since the cough started

I'll give him the palm oil and sugar solution when he wakes up
Thanks so much

Okies.
Could be milestones triggered.
Just know cough syrup is a no no

Instead anti allergies (sabutamol) if the need arises.
.be strong
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:07am On Jul 06, 2017
myrygurl:
XX01..I feel your pain..it pains me when innocent kids are maltreated.It is very rare to get a good and godly nanny/housemaid..No amount of love shown to them would stop them from been mean. Thank God your lo is getting better.

Please mamas help me o..My own has meet me..My dd just refused suckling breast all of a sudden..It started yesterday.. She normally feed every 2-3 hours but now its takes up to 4-5 hours before she feeds..Even if she's very hungry and i put her to breast she will turn her head and start crying.. She normally sucks her thumb. She has been at it for a month+ now, she's is 10wks. Nowadays even if she's hungry she won't cry she will just be suckling her thumb.. I usually detect she's hungry if the suckling of her thumb becomes vigorous. Through out today she fed only 4times. The fourth one this night was through a bottle. I had to express inside a bottle and fed her..Come and see the way she rushed it. I don't know if my tip is now bitter in her mouth..Am getting disturbed..

Her temperature is normal and she plays as usual..Just this refusal of suckling from breast that I don't understand again.. Please is there any mama that have gone through this?I have not heard of this before..

Girls are like that sometims.

I stopped suckling too at 2months.
My baby too almost stopped sucking...

Its simple... just be expressing. Then give her d boobs just to have a feel. With time u wont need to express again and she will be used tosucking directly.

Express n give her.
Ur breast is not bitter... never ever.

na just girl shakara.
Plus d sucking fingers... they like to suck it instead of food.

I also presume she doesnt suck when satisfied.
So the moment she is bringing hand to mouth. Stand up n feed her. Just slide hand out and slide bottle in.

Thats how i know my lady is hungry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:13am On Jul 06, 2017
fruitfulhome:

Pls carry ur child with u.
No need dropping him.

When he is bigger and d weight is killing.... u might consider that option.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iomoge2(f): 4:28am On Jul 06, 2017
Seee wickedness o
@XX01
chia.

U have self control.
I am sure i woulda torn d girl with my fingers.
4 wat na?
God!

Creche o.
Except there is family with the nanny den stay at home.

In fact even d creche na 2 open eye look well.

My baby wakes up crying too until she sees me or her dad.
She is still scared.... try putting her to d ground in a sleeping manner n see cry...
Still battling that... am sure she fell.

May God help us o. N give us wisdom n kind hearted pipz.

After all d stress one ingrate will now b punishing my baby.... haaaaa.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijeoma2728(f): 5:53am On Jul 06, 2017
queensnow:
Can my 8wks old take the zinit

Your baby is very tender.please take her to the hospital ,so that a doctor can diagnose and prescribe the right medication.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:14am On Jul 06, 2017
iomoge2:

Okies.
Could be milestones triggered.
Just know cough syrup is a no no

Instead anti allergies (sabutamol) if the need arises.
.be strong

Hmm gave him the palm oil and sugar solution and the cough stopped. But after a while he stopped eating completely. He would turn away and cry when I offer him breast or formula.
This went on for 4hours! So I started to worry o
Called dh, he came home early. Decided we should observe and see. Finally he sucked small. Then by 10pm his temperature went up. Tried to give him pcm but he took small and threw up the small breast milk he took and his temperature came down. By 2am his temperature was 38.9. I mopped him with tepid water. All this while he's crying intermittently and would only allow me carry him.
So basically, we didn't sleep, I sat up all night holding him.
By 4am I don bath dress am up ready to go to the hospital.

I need my lively baby back mbok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 7:09am On Jul 06, 2017
roseval:
Pls someone should come to my aid, my 7month baby have not started crawling but he roll nd turn as he like but not crawling. Why
Cc liftedha.nd, Twogre.atnations, olubanke.mi, realden.tist jazzyja.zz, feddy.7 nd other sabi mama's

No worries. Rolling happens before crawling. I read here that you can use a rolled up towel placed under his arm to propel him forward. Put a toy well out of reach but within sight. Place baby face down on his tummy and use the towel under his arms to simulate crawling.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 7:29am On Jul 06, 2017
Thanks all for the support. It's been very traumatizing for me because I had no clue. I don't know why I felt so comfortable with her. I have been asking myself hard questions. A mum should usually have intuition about stuff like this but nothing. I keep remembering all the times I dismissed my husband's fears as nit-picking because he didn't want a live in nanny.

My first son that is usually quite vocal is now more withdrawn. How did I not see the signs? I have now restructured my business such that I don't have to be making that long journey. Taking a baby in traffic for almost 3 hrs is not a good idea.

God will continue to help our LOs.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 8:14am On Jul 06, 2017
myrygurl:

my DD is doing same thing now. She eats more at night when there are not distractions. Its a phase I think

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (993) (994) (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.