Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,357 members, 7,853,591 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (998) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4451451 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
Giddyperson:

We've been doing steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil nightly for about 4 days now, it actually relieves her and helps her sleep for about 5 hours after it's done but then the symptoms keep coming back.

Use a dehumidifier and sleep easier. Our air is very humid with a high water content. The dehumidifier removes water from the air. If you can get the bigger ones like 1.5l to 2.5l ones, the better. You would realize a lower incidence of the sniffles especially if your child has allergies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Prettyhurts:

I believe some don't know what they do while some purposely do it. By September my dd will start school but my mind is not at rest was suggesting 2years but dh refused. We'll just keep praying to God to protect them for us.

No problem ma, maybe because I've phobia for hospitals especially been admitted.

Lolz my phobia is injection! Give me any medicine no matter how bitter but please keep the needle away from me. embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Liftedhands:
No worries at all! It happens to many women. Thing is it will be very heavy with clots and may flow for longer days! So just stuck up on plenty pads and watch your back often cos you may very likely stain easily.

Thanks mumsy..... Yes ooooo plenty clot of blood.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by XX01(f): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
Benignasweety:
Na to show them pepper sure pass now o. Atleast, they will fear you and do the right thing.

That's what someone said but i don't have the heart for it. I can't even smack my older son when he is being naughty. Na me e go dey pain pass.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
hunniesuzie:
See ehn, without even asking if said nanny is a child one keyboard Judge Judy has reached here to be talking trash already this morning. As far as I'm concerned it's because the voltrons are as evil s the useless nannies and they have justified wickedness to children in their twisted minds

Me I have a 12 year old living with me cuz me I'm still small and I don't have energy for big women and their big wahala. No be only child labour, because I use to send her to the farm to go and harvest cassava.

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
iomoge2:

Girls are like that sometims.

I stopped suckling too at 2months.
My baby too almost stopped sucking...

Its simple... just be expressing. Then give her d boobs just to have a feel. With time u wont need to express again and she will be used tosucking directly.

Express n give her.
Ur breast is not bitter... never ever.

na just girl shakara.
Plus d sucking fingers... they like to suck it instead of food.

I also presume she doesnt suck when satisfied.
So the moment she is bringing hand to mouth. Stand up n feed her. Just slide hand out and slide bottle in.

Thats how i know my lady is hungry.
Yes she doesn't suck when satisfied...This morning she rejected the bottle i resolved to cup and spoon and the feeding was with force..
I will try and monitor her to enable her feed well cos if I am to expect hunger cry she won't do that..Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2017
Liftedhands:
Lolz my phobia is injection! Give me any medicine no matter how bitter but please keep the needle away from me. embarassed

Lolzzz. Sometimes I ask my doc if is possible to take all medicine through injection instead of swallowing it. I roll my medicine with better eba and plenty soup. I hate the smell and the annoying lingering taste I feel in my mouth after taking medicine.

One man's food na another person poison. My kisses to Ekene

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
hotmomma:
Myrygurl, since she takes from the bottle, abeg express and give her, maybe the breast isn't flowing as much as she would want it, although u can be putting her to breast but not when she is soo hungry, its just a phase.

XX01, thank God for your child's safety. It is well.
She rejected the bottle this morning..I don't have issue with my flow cos am even using breast pad because of leaks. My neighbor was telling me maybe she is reacting to the immunization. Which has made he lost appetite..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
Loool, me too. That was the worst part of being pregnant for me, the everyday drugs. The day I asked the gynae if there was an injection for the tablets he looked at me like I was drunk...The joy I used to throw the meds away when I got home from the hospital after baby came ehn? After I threw it away someone was telling me I needed to continue taking them after delivery too cos the vitamins abi wetin are good...mtchewww...nansense

Prettyhurts:

Lolzzz. Sometimes I ask my doc if is possible to take all medicine through injection instead of swallowing it. I roll my medicine with better eba and plenty soup. I hate the smell and the annoying lingering taste I feel in my mouth after taking medicine.

One man's food na another person poison. My kisses to Ekene

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2017
iomoge2:

Girls are like that sometims.

I stopped suckling too at 2months.
My baby too almost stopped sucking...

Its simple... just be expressing. Then give her d boobs just to have a feel. With time u wont need to express again and she will be used tosucking directly.

Express n give her.
Ur breast is not bitter... never ever.

na just girl shakara.
Plus d sucking fingers... they like to suck it instead of food.

I also presume she doesnt suck when satisfied.
So the moment she is bringing hand to mouth. Stand up n feed her. Just slide hand out and slide bottle in.

Thats how i know my lady is hungry.

This shakara is not good for me o..I will come and be dealing with engorgement again
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by myrygurl: 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
I wish cute llan quick healing.. Jazzyjazz
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Loool, me too. That was the worst part of being pregnant for me, the everyday drugs. The day I asked the gynae if there was an injection for the tablets he looked at me like I was drunk...The joy I used to throw the meds away when I got home from the hospital after baby came ehn? After I threw it away someone was telling me I needed to continue taking them after delivery too cos the vitamins abi wetin are good...mtchewww...nansense

Hahahahahahahahaha. My dear, my own hatred for medicine is deep. When I gave birth, dh bought pregnacare breastfeeding for me, I didn't even finish one roll of it, the medicine is still in my fridge. Told him I'll continue with it when I born another one. Now I'm preggy, he went and bought pregnacare max, just taking it bcz of my condition.

I always take my medicines in front of my dad then, the man open eye for me after he caught me flushing it down the toilet.

Lemme not derail the thread further.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
Benignasweety:
And am here still expelling lochia cry

For my previous pregnancy it came after one month but I thought it was cuz I wasn't breastfeeding after I lost the child.

Thanks mumsy...... Awwww angry angry angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
Liftedhands:
Roseval so sorry I didn't see your mention on time! Fret not your boy will craw or just skip it and walk . Encourage him by putting toys out of his reach so he Can move to them himself.
tanx ma, am using dat method now.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2017
ftmum:
Morning mothers

My menstruation came just one month after delivery (cs)

Should I worry? angry angry angry angry
it's nothing to worry about with my first Cs it came exactly one month after delivery but with dis one this is The eleventh week and still no sign of it cos I am doing exclusive breastfeeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
Giddyperson:

Me I have a 12 year old living with me cuz me I'm still small and I don't have energy for big women and their big wahala. No be only child labour, because I use to send her to the farm to go and harvest cassava.

Lol. I just tire for the matter. I really don't know how I want to do my son. Everyone is on my neck to get a job.
@XX01 As I read this story I just became weak. The day I dropped ds on my couch to quickly get food to get and he fell face down on the tiles I cried and didn't eat the food again. I couldnt forgive myself until my dh talk me out of it. If it was someone I would've finished that person. At times when I remember the incident I still cringe. My dear, God will help the child get himself back (innocent children God will forgive all these nannies). My DH senior colleague lost his son cos of nanny. She took the baby to the neighbors house and the baby crawled to where rat poison was and drank it. Started bringing out foam from his mouth before they could rush him to the hospital he died. The man's family is upset with the wife asking her what money is she looking cos she went to work when it happened.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
fruitfulhome:
Ok Mamas goodevening. Come help me out in this.

We have just started second semester last week with seminar topics already distributed. Baby is 8 weeks today. Please what is my best option. Start baby on formulae and be dropping him with MIL who lives close by. Buy baby carrier and be taking him along to classes. My classes are four times in a week; two courses on Friday 10-3pm.

I can't afford creche now and won't even consider it at his age.( if at all there are schools that take that age). Also, option of Nanny is out of it. The challenge with MIL is that she travels always especially Friday's to Monday's. Secondly, there are lots of people living in her house. Anytime baby goes there, that is how they transfer him from one hand to the other, from room to room, bed to bed, chair to chair( and they always read meaning to any caution,) My mum is managing her health so not available.

Please what option is the best? Thank u al
my sister carry your pikin like drivers license oh. This stage will come and go. In my case I carried preg and gave birth at 200level yet I go to work in the morning and lecture starts at 2, and my school had a no baby to school policy so I have to stay at the last seat at the back then 3ool into 4ool with pregnancy and my first child to school so tee till date my course mates use to call my daughter fellow course mate. Then I put to birth 3wks to final exam. In all that trouble Na 2,2 I take graduate and it was so annoying. But I am so glad that I could manage work, school and family and still had a better grade than some persons that where single. Right now masters and God will still see me through.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hyphee(f): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
Chanbaby:

Lol. I just tire for the matter. I really don't know how I want to do my son. Everyone is on my neck to get a job.
@XX01 As I read this story I just became weak. The day I dropped ds on my couch to quickly get food to get and he fell face down on the tiles I cried and didn't eat the food again. I couldnt forgive myself until my dh talk me out of it. If it was someone I would've finished that person. At times when I remember the incident I still cringe. My dear, God will help the child get himself back (innocent children God will forgive all these nannies). My DH senior colleague lost his son cos of nanny. She took the baby to the neighbors house and the baby crawled to where rat poison was and drank it. Started bringing out foam from his mouth before they could rush him to the hospital he died. The man's family is upset with the wife asking her what money is she looking cos she went to work when it happened.

OMG!!! This is serious, rat poison? May God save us from devilish nannies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Did they tell you what's wrong with him? Did they run some tests? Is it that bad that it requires been admitted? Is he pooing watery poop, loss of appetite, weak, vomiting? Can't injection and drugs help?

He's healed dear.

Been treating cough, cold, malaria for weeks. But no improvement
Last night his temp was 38.8. Managed him till this morning. When the fever didn't come down and he was not eating, I took him to the hospital. After running tests, they said its bronchopneumonia And that he has to be admitted for proper care
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 3:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Last night his temp was 38.8. Managed him till this morning. When the fever didn't come down and he was not eating, I took him to the hospital. After running tests, they said its bronchopneumonia And that he has to be admitted for proper care

Pele dear. it is well with your son

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Amen o my sister.
We're still in the hospital and I'm told they might admit him. He still has a fever and temperature is still 38.8.
May God really keep our Los. It's not easy at all!
He shall receive his healing sooner than u expect in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:

He's already healed dear.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
XX01, finally finished reading your story. Thank God your son is safe. Too many wicked people out there.

I would like to share some things that will help in handling nannies

1. If you have to leave your baby with them, please minimize or completely eradicate house work the period you are away. Truth is that, it's difficult to take care of a baby and do house work at the same time if you need absolute care for the child. My principle is this: do chores only when I'm around.

2. Most times, if you can afford it, have a maid and a nanny. Nanny focuses on your child, maid does house chores. Your maid can be live-in, while nanny is come and go.

3. if you have a trusted family, they can stay there together so you have an extra pair of eyes watching over them. for me, I normally drop off my baby and her nanny at my grandma's house. if she's going out, she goes with them.

4. From experience, I have come to understand that the older nannies takes care of babies better. They have empathy more than the young girls. I've had several young girls until I said no more and decided to look for a widow. Using an older nanny has been my best decision ever. My daughter is receiving more care than my son when he was her age and handled by young nannies.

5. After the day's job, try and spend time with your children. One way I bond with my children is to give them a bath myself. I do it morning and night. Only I and hubby bathes our children. It gives me a chance to take a close look at their bodies and know when things are going wrong.

May God give us wisdom to handle our children, the home front, business and our careers.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Giddyperson:

cry Nights like this are the worst, she hardly slept and the catarrh isn't letting her breathe well. I'm officially desperate, how do I make the palm oil and sugar solution, how much sugar and how much oil to give how often.
Cc: Zaynie, iomoge2

Babe, how is Giddybaby now?
Better I hope.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 4:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
ahnie:

For the cough pls get zennat.
can 8wks take it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2017
At risk of incurring a lot of wrath.

XX01, don't beat yourself up. She's just a mean person.

Now to my main point. Here I am not judging you but speaking to you as a sister. Like I would want to be spoken to.
We're all mothers.
Caretakers.
The moment you accept that baby in your belly, we should be able watch them like a hawk and not depend on anyone wholly to do our job. To mother our kids.

Everyone wants money, money won't remember us o. We will chase this money and yet it won't remember us.
Everyone has children, our children will remember their childhood and they'll remember all we did.
Parenthood requires sacrifice. A lot of it.
Sometimes you take time off work.
Sometimes you step back from a promotion.
Sometimes you refuse a business deal.
For your child.
Who are you working for?
Who spends most of your salary?
Your child!

I know some nannies are from hell.
But we give them the matches to light it up, not by being harsh....nope, by not being observant enough.
Your baby had a diaper rash and you didn't know?
There was a drug administered to him and you weren't aware for so long? What if it was poison? Or something he was critically allergic to?
Your neighbor had to wait so long to inform you?
I'm not judging.... I want you to open your eyes.... Search your heart, deeply.

I once knew a woman whose 5 year old had ulcer from around 2 years of age cos of a nanny. She didn't feed him. This boy looked emanciated and malnourished to even me... a bystander. She had a job, a career.

My mom is awesome, she's helping out with my kids but even she knows I'm a tough mama bear. My mom cannot buy paracetamol to give my kids o, all she has was bought by me. I will question and question and scrutinize and inspect my children at every pick up till she will vex and say abeg carry you wahala comot.

Then I started to multitask, everyone said Zainab, which money are you chasing all over Lagos. I no hear.
As a dreamer that I am, I got my answer in a dream.
I dreamt that I sold Moyo off to a very rich white woman. She gave me the money and I stood at the gate, looking at my son and hating the money in my hands. Immediately she dressed him up in a matching garment and they both looked so beautiful. I looked at what ibhad lost. As I walked home, I kept thinking of what I would tell my husband, got home, explained to him and he said "you see what your love of money has pushed you to do"
His mother (who is late BTW) came out and started shouting at me "Moyo is not yours to sell! How dare you sell my child! "
She dragged me to the rich woman's house and pulled Moyo off her arms, she told me to return the money and she carried Moyo, didn't even let my husband touch him till we got home. She told me " Na today you go pack comot " I was just begging and happy that Moyo was back home.

This sermon up here is as much reminder to you as it is to me.
We need help, we need support, but they shouldn't take up our roles as mothers.
We should be the pillar, the main. All others should support.

I wish you the best in all your future endeavours.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2017
ijeoma2728:

Your baby is very tender.please take her to the hospital ,so that a doctor can diagnose and prescribe the right medication.
thank u ma. But no to hospital last 2. Wks my lo had dis strong cough n catarrh gave him antibiotics, vit c d cough got stronger one night n he vomited sometins dat looks like mucus and was breathing very fast ftm like me was very scared mil and family doc was not around the following morning I rushed him to general hospital gbagada. Na so one amateur doc asked me to run a test and xray on my lo ignorant mom like me rushed to do d test n xray came back to d hospital n d mumu second doctor cudnt read d xray without knowing xray results he refer us to luth that dey will give lo oxygen imagine just like dat. Lucky for me my family doc return my calls and was very mad at me for doing xray dat my baby is too tender for it immediately I went home n my doc was already waiting he read d xray n say lo is perfect dat it was bronchiatis whatever immediately asked me to boil water he gave my baby warm bath, massage with hot water and steam bath asked me to back him immediately n he fall asleep asked me to do it for 3days n lo n behold his breathing went back to normal and asked me to continue with vit c my baby is very fine now except for D cough which is just lil.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
queensnow:
can 8wks take it?

Yes ma'am....its a cough suspension,cost price should bee btw 3k-tiri tallsan five hundred 9la(in typical ijebu woman voice)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
ahnie:

Yes ma'am....its a cough suspension,cost price should bee btw 3k-tiri tallsan five hundred 9la(in typical ijebu woman voice)

Been calling you since o, your number no dey go o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
Chanbaby:

The truth is there is no right or wrong answer....

just do what is you guys think is best for your family, and that is purely between you and your husband. Any decision can be modified or changed as you go along.

If you work, you are negligent and do not love your child, if you dont work, you have wasted all your school fees money! Abeg make everybody go hug transformer!

That child could have easily swallowed rat poison at home if it is was not kept in a safe place that is out of reach.

It is easy for us to tear pant and rake at other people, but let us first look around us as see if we have assessed and removed as many risks as possible from around our homes.

Even something as sensible as using a carseat some parents even though it is not an affordability issue will leave a child un -strapped in a moving car. If you get hit, that child can fly out like a rag doll out of the window. The excuse.... he/she doesnt like to be strapped. And then they will start looking for one step, mother's brother's in-law's goat's sister's cousin to blame if anything happens.

Me, i drank bleach as a baby, in my grand parents house and ALL the people in the house that day were relatives, both close direct and indirect. The story was that i had asked for water and they said they were coming. And i must have gotten tired of waiting for them and opened the nearest bottle containing what looked like water and drank it.

So whether family member, non family member, it dont make the carer more attentive.

From that day, they reviewed how such chemicals were bottled and where they were put in the house, but it could very well have been too little too late.

There are children that have hung themselves from the cord of window blinds or even laptop or phone chargers in their homes, and some with their parents in the house with them.

There are children that have ingested laundary tablets or gel tabs to disasterous effects, rat posion, bleach, turpentine, battery (especially the disc shaped ones for like for wrist watches) or even overdosed on medicines that were lying around or within reach.

There are children that have electrocuted themselves at power sockets.

Children have burnt themselves by various means.

Abeg the list is endless and quite depressing.

It just goes to show that monitoring as best as possible is what is needed. Remove the harzards you can, keep re-assessing and adapting as your child grows. Assess the level of risk awareness those around you and your child have, and try as much as possible that you are on the same page.

Ultimately The Grace of God is what saves everyone. But we shouldnt because of that be reckless in attitude.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
ahnie:

thank u ma will get it asap. Is it zennat or zinnat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
zaynie:

Babe, how is Giddybaby now?
Better I hope.
She's fine, the cough has reduced, on the journey to recovery now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (995) (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.