Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State (21928 Views)

Senate Backs Re-structuring Of Nnpc / Senate Backs Tambuwal, Vows To Protect Legislature / Senate Backs Convocation Of National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by meforkene(m): 7:39am On Jun 23, 2012
reason for new state creation is:to explore the natural resources..SMH.so if u no create am,u no go see d oil n groundnut abi
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Biggyd2: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2012
Mark said: “Your request is already one of the 50 requests we have. Yours will enjoy priority because of the people who are part of the request.

Everything about these people is mago mago(their regular trademark). This reuest is ssooo important that they want to 'jump the quque of requests'. Who are these handful of important people that are more important than the whole of Nigeria. Mr. Mark we want security to be your number one priority now.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by maigaskiya1: 8:03am On Jun 23, 2012
IYA NGBALI: which one is ewedu state again?small time now we go dey hear of amala state.
hmm confusd con3
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by maigaskiya1: 8:08am On Jun 23, 2012
amaham: Is niger state really bigger than de whole southeast? If any nonsense aboki want a new state they will be comparing there landmass with southeast. Greedy nupe dudes
actualy my broda 2 say d truth niger state is one d half tymes biger dan d entire east bt d north is nt more dan d east in populatn.so more state 4d east is justifid
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by express101: 8:12am On Jun 23, 2012
Austine.E:
According to the story,Niger state has so many natural resources and a potential oil producing state and yet Niger state is still very dependent on federal allocations,still very poor,with large number of almajiris and you want us to believe that when is broken up into two states,thats when its full potentials will be achieved!so i ask,what stops them from achieving those potentials as one big state...another tales by moonlight!
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by express101: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2012
Well said
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Taovic86(m): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2012
Pls, create Oke-Ogun State first.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Excelboi(m): 8:38am On Jun 23, 2012
IYA NGBALI: which ocean?una get ocean for niger state?make una dey decieve una self.Ewedu ko ogbono ni.
Iya abeg make we hear word! Beta come collect origin form make you come join us. grin
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by kheart(m): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2012
Hmmmm as much as i luv d idea of edu state, bida ll monopolise everything.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Depot(m): 8:49am On Jun 23, 2012
Dat is nt wat 9ja needs 4 nw.Govt should focus on creating jobs 4 youths.If 40% of nigerians r employed by govt.,i believe 9ja'll be gud.Let d govt create more security agencies.Approve scout,peace corps,e.t.c.I believe they'll deliver.wheneva im watching English premier league,im excited by d security agencies monitoring d spectators.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by waja(m): 8:51am On Jun 23, 2012
Pukkah: The response from Mark is political. Is the creation of additional states the priority now? How many of the present 36 are viable?
. They want to add one more state to Boko Haram.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Excelboi(m): 9:03am On Jun 23, 2012
amaham: Why should bida be de capital of de edu state.bida is just 2hrs from another capital(minna) really wonder how development can spread from bida 2 areas like mokwa,lavun,newbussa which are about 4hrs or more from bida. They should bring de capital 2 area lyk mokwa dat is more centrally placed so that development could be evenly distributed. But I think it all boils down 2 de greed of etsu nupe dat want de capital close 2 his palace
You're gettin the point wrong. Bida is biggest town in all of Nupe town hence has more advantage over others including Mokwa.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Lilprocess(m): 9:09am On Jun 23, 2012
chima12: The senate president spoke politically in his response to the edu state promoters.
these are the states I want created:
--toru ebe state for SS
--anioma state from delta for SE
--ahoada state from rivers for SE
--southern kaduna state for NC
--the SW should have one state
--taraba state should be moved to NC
--zamfara and kebbi should be merged into one state
once these states are created,SS and SE will have 7 states each to be at par with other regions.
shamaless pig ur a tribalist why can dey merged anambra nd enugu
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by bid4rich(m): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2012
Dont mind David Mark o, he only want a back-up to seize the opportunity to create a proposed Apa state in Idoma land of Benue state where he belong. This is political i must tell u.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by redsun(m): 9:20am On Jun 23, 2012
Hooligans,trying to distract attentions from their nefarious activities by creating more chaos,called state.The socalled states are avenues for the thieving politicians to be directly incharge of the federal allocated loots and getting the lion share.Instead of having to share the loots with so many other thieves in a bigger state.

Bloody wan-kers.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by SkyBlue1: 9:30am On Jun 23, 2012
The solution to this everybody wanting state quandary is grassroot focused development that will lead to the creation of more economically viable cities that can generate their own revenue and sustain themselves. And in Nigeria there are only at the most three of these type of cities (if even that). Then creation of more states won't be able to be sold to the gullible as the only way to get development to the grassroots. The issue remains grassroots and that won't go away.

And the main danger is that state creation is like sharia. Once you allow it, reversing it could prove difficult because of corruption and attached sentiment. I mean, I still believe in merging states back to when we had much less but who will agree to give up their poor, unsuccessful state? The issue remains development, and hence bad leadership. It would be interesting to see how many of these 50 calls for statehood come from states where things are happening (no matter how few those are).
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 23, 2012
Lilprocess: shamaless pig ur a tribalist why can dey merged anambra nd enugu
there needs for equality and parity in representation between regions.if all six regions had equal number of states,this debate/call for state creation wouldnt be necessary,besides those states I said should be merged are not viable.I hope you get it,IDIO0T.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by 401kk: 9:33am On Jun 23, 2012
There is nothing wrong with state creation if it's carried out in the proper fashion.
New states; new frontiers; new beginning. Ability to fast-track development and drastically reduce unemployment.
State creation can be a viable means of enhancing growth and development in this current dispensation of revenue sharing.
But given that the Nigerian political scape is laden is with greed and corruption, state creation wouldn't make any positive impact in the system.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by gbadexy(m): 9:36am On Jun 23, 2012
Abegi make dem give the ibos their state making equal. These north still want to be creating states out of empty land to collect extra allocation.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by 401kk: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2012
ogugua88: Reminiscent of a mother who keeps giving birth, despite not having food or money to sustain prior children.

No its not.
More like a father giving his sons capital to start their own businesses and family.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by femmy2010(m): 9:40am On Jun 23, 2012
Walked in,carry a placard with inscription . YES FOR OJOTA STATE.
Hahaha
Nigeria is a joke indeed.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Ekestar(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2012
Look at dz fools dat Niger state is biger than south-east in land mass,is dat a criteria 4 state creation.Do dz aboki dem tink say land mass witout human beings should be essential in a mata of state creation,why didnt dz aboki equaly tel NA dat south-east is more populatd dan North-east and North-west joined togeda.Aboki no go ever learn
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by mjconcept(m): 10:00am On Jun 23, 2012
femmy2010: New state means more Member of state assemblies,More house of rep Members,More Senators,additional Governors,More commisioners,more advisors and MUCH MORE MONEY TO BE TAKEN AWAY FROM THE PEOPLES POCKET TO FINANCE THEM.
Exactly and that why I said one state should be merged in the north western zone and the creating of one state in the south east to retain that 36 states.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by IOludayo(m): 10:15am On Jun 23, 2012
Bullshit! Nigeria has 6 geo-political zones so we can only create 6\12 states.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Lilprocess(m): 10:52am On Jun 23, 2012

1 Like

Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by maktop(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2012
Creating new states is not d solution to nigeria problems now, it will only worsen it.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by basadenet: 11:25am On Jun 23, 2012
ekt_bear: The entire SE is about the size of Oyo State. So yeah, land-mass wise is pretty small.

Not that area is necessarily so relevant.

Your source please.
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Excelboi(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2012
waja: . They want to add one more state to Boko Haram.
You are a fo.ol... Ignorant goat
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by Lilprocess(m): 12:55pm On Jun 23, 2012
Excelboi: You are a fo.ol... Ignorant goat
i support d motion grin
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by speaktoinzaghi(m): 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2012
Excelboi: Atlast, thank God! A state will be given to our people... Edu means Ocean! Am sure the capital will be Bida. Here we go Nupe guy to the core grin
I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Laffº°˚ ˚°º≈wanº°˚ ˚°º≈tearº°˚ ˚°º≈myº°˚ ˚°º≈belleº°˚ ˚°º≈=)) =)) =)), una get ocean for Niger state wey una D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ call ocean edu..mtscheeeeew!!!! Na just another avenue to open office for the corrupt govt...
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by davida222(m): 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2012
I pity Nigerians!
Re: Senate Backs Creation Of Edu State by yungt(m): 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2012
Dis cn't b... dis mentioned states wer it wil b formed frm,ar dey nt frm middle belt i.e North-central?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest Benjamin Onwuka, Biafran Zionists Leader, Over Murder Case / Farooq Kperogi Banned From Daily Trust / ISWAP Attacks Boko Haram Terrorists Fleeing Military Bombardments In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.